Hoyer

Hoyer Employee Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews
I worked for Hoyer last 3 years. Brilliant company to work for. I have to say planning office in Preston is brilliant, they are very professional and always very understanding. New transport manager seems very nice guy, he understands transport and a specially such a demanding and complex driver shift structure.

and
Pushed to max your card out every day. Job routing is done by somebody with no clue about geography, or the traffic volumes of the SE. Accused of "refusing work" if you offer a reason why you'd be unable to make a delivery in a particular delivery window. Daily rest interrupted by the following days work coming through in your personal phone (usually between 18:00-19:00hrs)...which you're expected to check even though you might be starting your shift at midnight so would be sleeping when they send the work through. Money is great, but you'll have no time to enjoy it. No progression - it's driving after all.
Good informative training. Helpful colleagues and approachable line manager.
Im new to the company but as yet i cannot fault them.

Friendly atmosphere amongst drivers, planners and managers.
Pay is OK but don't expect any home life, with shift patterns and unachievable amount of work, you will be either at work or too tired to enjoy time off.

If you are unable to complete work,due to traffic or truck failure, you will be spoken to like a criminal, when in all likelihood it was never achievable in the first place.
Pros
Money is ok, but not enough for the stress involved .
Cons
Treated like a criminal when you dont get the unachievable amount of work done, through no fault of your own, because the badly maintained trucks let you down. Pretend company is safety focus, but incentivize drives to cut corners and get the job done as quickly as possible.
You'll be working 40+ hours a week, sometimes without being given a break. If you decide to take one you'll then be scolded for missing some work.

Management will not fight your corner if you have an issue, they will not help you find resolution. Conflict between teams is high, if you need to communicate with others you'll be met with negative attitudes and passive aggressiveness.

If you can find other work i would highly suggest it. This place WILL make you unwell.
One of the worse place I have ever worked, poor pay, no support from colleagues, all new drivers are paid less than expected, all the hard jobs are done by new drivers, you work against the clock always, traffic delays are deducted from your wage cos you didn't made the delivery in allocated slot, you have to watch your back because you'll be stabbed for no reason. Did anyone notice this company have advert everywhere? Why? Because as soon as you scratch the surface and find out what's this company in reality the only thing you look for is how to leave it. I wouldn't work for them even If I'll be paid in gold.
I took the Facebook critism with a pinch of salt. Turns out everything said about this lot on Facebook is true. "Must be true if it's on Facebook". I got told bit didn't listen. Till I had to put myself through it and witness it. Don't bother going there. You'll be in the newest contract being on bottom pay
Pros
Cons
Alot
Wages look good but too many clauses and encouraged to rush to get them. Planning rubbish job times impossible and your driving and delivering fuel. Training is good but then you find ex BP drivers on £15,000 more than you and get better benefits for the same job. When you drop jobs due to lack of time of traffic you lose any overtime. When you try to claim it's not paid or always some clause. Once 3 year agreement is over I am off.
If you’re looking to become the prestigious petrol driver you’ve always dreamed of look elsewhere. New contract comes with the lowest pay in the industry you are over worked and under appreciated. It’s embarrassing to know your salary is less than a supermarket driver and you have double the stress. Expect a 12hr shift whilst all the old boys go home after 9hrs. Remember Hoyer, new drivers have nothing to loose!
I feel like I should leave a review for Hoyer as I feel the company deserve good feedback, although I was only there for a short time I was welcomed into the team and settled in quickly.

The training was probably the best I have received compared to other companies I have worked for in the past.

The management team were very approachable and I didn't feel uncomfortable approaching them like I have in other companies in the past.

The working hours were fair and what you would expect in any workplace.

The hardest part of the job was the planning system but once trained which took me a few weeks then you get used to it.

I would also like to state that in the planning office I could not criticise anyone for work ethic as they were all very professional and hard working(whilst being able to have a bit of work banter)

All in all a good company worth working for,
Pros
Salary, Colleagues hard working
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hoyer?
After reading the reviews before joining, I was surprised to find that they in my opinion to be untrue. The attitude of all staff both managers and office based was very good, and also our customers who helped myself on many occasions in a very demanding environment.
The hours where good and also the working conditions.This is a company I would highly rate, my only reason for leaving was it was only a maternity cover position and something else had cropped up that is full time. Everyone at Preston including the drivers where very nice to work with.
Brilliant colleagues in office, fun and hardworking. Extremely demanding duties and customer service to TOTAL, who demand the world. Being on call over weekends and during the week is a nightmare, drivers queries are not filtered properly through the call handlers and never adhere to rules, i.e to not call the Planners when they’re not on call or call them directly. I was told by a colleague to write your weekends off and he was very much correct. Stressful planning system, very draconian and every task to plan is long winded and tedious, mostly in German. Management are very professional and the training they offer is second to none, particularly to the drivers. Drivers earn a killing, granted they have to work for it, but 80% of them are very selfish and only care about themselves and complain ALL the time. The other 20% work extremely hard and go the extra mile.

In the beginning when I started work here, a colleague would blame me for mistakes they had done which was very demoralising and was spotted by my other colleagues who of course disagreed with her behaviour. Because of the planning system’s tedious method and constant mouse clicking, mistakes are inevitable. Towards the end I had to go to doctors to talk about a rash on my body and deafness that appeared in my left ear. She advised me it was most definitely stress related eczema and tinnitus, so she wanted to sign me off, to which I refused in fear of letting my team down. I advised management of this and instead of offering help, regrettably, they asked more duties of me, which was very disappointing and ultimately
 - more...
Pros
Money average
Cons
Everything above.
I have work for this company a couple of months.
You are treated as a number. They only care about their busines .Also if you are other nationality other then Brit they are really discriminatory and they will try everything in their power to get rid of you.

It was the same problem with me and another 5 colleagues of different nationalities.
Cons
Extremely long hours
Waited 9 weeks after being offered job for training to start, no communication, when i asked questions ie start date was treat like i was an inconvenience, extensive medical passed, told training would be local then changed to Preston, to be put up in a hotel for 3 weeks, at last minute changed to staying in a day cab while training for 3 weeks, they were happy and encouraging this illegal act to happen, cabs disgusting and dirty.
Job is not what you initially apply for they change it to suit them once they have lured you in.

Supervisor is sexist, racist and has small man syndrome would strongly advise not to work this company they are cowboys, hopefully they will loose the contract very soon and the job will get better.
Pros
Cons
Riduculas working hours, bad management
One particular contract is overseen by planning manager who is ruthless blatantly punishes anyone who dare cross him, planners who follow his example.
Pros
Excellent safety culture
Cons
Poor management
say goodbye to real life and enter the world of being just a number to get something done, no social life, terrible work hours, no compromise, barely time to even go to the bathroom
Pros
Cons
literally everything
Terrible place to work. Management are gender biased, bullying to female workers. Office is very clicky and if you don't fit in a click you are pretty much ostracized. Management are bullies, would not want to walk back through those doors for a million per hour. Don't work here unless you are desperate
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
Probably one of the best employers in logistics / transport. Yes, the company expects drivers and staff to work hard and it's not the kind of place where you can hide and be idle. But managers are approachable, training is good, package on offer is good and the company does invest in it's people. Don't understand all of the bitterness on this forum.
Pros
Investment in staff
Cons
Fantastic training, fantastic equipment, awful management.
This job used to be dead man's shoes!

Now it's any shoes that fit, very low morale, caused by the planning management!

Hoyer have a saying, when it matters!

More like when it suits!

Hoyer stands for Hand, over, your, employment, rights!

Because you don't have any working for this establishment!

They make a very straightforward job, very difficult with their mind games and target drivers!

If you don't have a life and want rid of the wife, this is the job for you!

The planners could not plan a booze up in a brewery!

It is only a matter of time before someone falls asleep at the wheel, due to this!
Pros
Training and going home!
Cons
Bullying in the workplace!
Please don't consider these clowns unless you're either desperate or masochistic. The management are awful, they treat you like your the enemy without a life and gossip behind your back. I stood three years before I finally gave up hope of the job living up to its potential. It's just a matter of time before someone falls asleep at the wheel. It's a dam shame as it could be a great job.
Pros
Money, training and facilities
Cons
Job is fairly paid and not too difficult in all sectors in the industry, unfortunately the down side for working for Hoyer is the management as they are completely unprofessional, constantly being very rude behind the backs of many of the staff, I worked in the office and witnessed unfair remarks and 2 faced behaviour along with racist and sexist remarks with constant foul language. The only other thing is that they constantly try to get people to work through their breaks or not to have them at all, somebody should really look into this unlawful practice.
Pros
Fairly paid
Cons
Management are a disgrace