Housing Units

Housing Units Management reviews

Productive and Demanding
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Failsworth, Greater Manchester1 September 2019
The job entails you to work to tight deadlines and often quite competitive sales targets. The management are lovely and it is a great place to work. Limited internal progression opportunities though.
Terrible Wages High Demands
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chadderton, Greater Manchester28 March 2019
Long hours of work with very low wages. Holiday entitlement is minimal with strong stipulations when you can and can’t take them. Staff gave me the impression that they are quite scared of management. I only worked there for a couple of months but nobody would voice their opinions, reminded me of a load of sheep. There is no personal connection with management or other departments. Very ‘clicky’.
Pros
Good staff discount.
Cons
Salary, holidays, hours.
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 July 2017
Housing units is a great place to work, I have worked here for over 7 years and have progressed through the company from part time café assistant, to now being a manager of a large department.

The company is family run and this shows in their attitude towards staff, they look after us well and we are rewarded well for our hard work and commitment to the company.
The staff here are very much like a family, everyone is lovely to get along with and extremely helpful to each other, which makes for a pleasant working environment.

Staff have lots of perks holiday homes to rent for free, both in the UK and abroad, VIP tickets to gigs and football matches, staff night's out paid for by the company and a Gala Christmas party to name just a few.

Overall I would rate Housing Units highly as a place to work, I feel valued for the work I do, I have the tools to enable me to do a great job, I have a fantastic support network here within the management team, who could ask for more !!
Pros
great staff benfits
Rewarding, Secure, Friendly - Plenty of benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester10 July 2017
Working at housing units is a joy. Friendly staff, management and a family run business makes it unique and enjoyable.

From day one I had an in depth training programme that ensured I understood the inner workings and processes of the business. The support and encouragement received could not be faulted.

Its one of the only places where I have worked where directors will actually engage with staff on a daily basis and not just hide away in an office. They take feedback on board and act on it wherever they can.

The working environment is very enjoyable. Its a job where you wake up in the morning feeling good about the day ahead and don't dread coming in!

The benefits for staff keep on growing and growing with HU ranging from length of service to free football matches. Lets not forget the villa in Spain!
Pros
Staff discount, Lots of staff benefits
Friendly busy restaurant
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wickentree Restaurant5 July 2017
I enjoy working for Housing Units as it is a family run business and a friendly place to work, all of the staff are lovely and I have made a lot of friends here.
The restaurant gets very busy especially at weekends, the hours are great as they fit around family life, not many restaurants close at 5.30pm- so that's a bonus!
Housing Units is a great place to progress and they really believe in promoting within and helping you along the way with all the support needed.
The management are very approachable especially in the last year we have seen a huge difference in staff morale and Housing Units really focussing on the employee.
There are great staff benefits which I have enjoyed including Holidays in a luxury lodge, a Spanish apartment on the Costa Del Sol, Football matches for Premier League games, VIP concert tickets & regular staff incentives to win a mixture of varied prizes.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that every day is different and you never know what the day is going to bring.
I am enjoying learning new things every day and developing my career within Housing Units further and know I have the support of Managers and Directors if I need anything.
I really enjoy my job and I am looking forward to developing and moving with Housing Units in the future to bigger & exciting new challenges!
Pros
Great Staff, Benefits
"Company of Opportunities"
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Chadderton, Greater Manchester4 July 2017
I've been working at Housing Units for over a year now, it's been an amazing journey so far. Hard work is recognised and the career progression and development is exceptional. The working environment is friendly and welcoming, all of my colleagues across all levels of the business are approachable and hard working and I always feel supported. The company has great staff benefits including free staff use of holiday accommodation and a day off when it's your birthday.
Pros
Supportive Management, Career Progression, Friendly Environment
Great Company to Work For
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 July 2017
Housing Units is a great company to work for. I feel supported and valued. Everyone is friendly and approachable especially management and the Directors. Fantastic staff benefits, including staff discount, day off for your birthday and free use of a holiday apartment.
Great Place to work
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 July 2017
I have been working at Housing Units now for nearly 6 years and enjoyed every day. My role is so varied and no one day is the same, which makes my job so interesting! The support from the management team is second to none and they are always willing to listen to what you have to say and take your views onboard. Unlike many companies these days they have many benefits to offer their employees to thank them for their commitment, such as use of holiday homes, day off for your birthday, employee of the month/year to name just a few! There are also ongoing training benefits to support your job role. Really happy I work here!
Pros
Staff benefits
Happy & Supportive Workplace
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 March 2017
During my time with Housing Units I have found that the staff and company look after you really well. Great training is provided with plenty of opportunity to progress.

Though the job can be challenging it is also very rewarding. Managers are open-minded to ideas.

It is a busy and productive workplace with brilliant benefits. Rewards are frequently given to those who work hard which shows a true appreciation of staff.
Pros
Staff Discount, Friendly Staff, Supportive Management
Real poor senior managment
Facilities site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 May 2016
The site manager is very unprofessional, a culture of mismanagement, a high turn over off staff. No loyalty. Security team start between 7:30am till 18:30, understaffed. The general staff were very friendly and professional but like I already stated senior management are unprofessional and uncaring.
Cons
long hour poor pay, Nmw
Very friendly environment and a fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollinwood5 May 2016
Working at Housing Units was a very busy, challenging but fun job. I enjoyed engaging with all the customers and even made some friends of the usual customers who visited the store. Working there I learned about sales targets and how to achieve better sales. The management was extremely well organised and strict, but also friendly and made you feel welcome as staff to work at the store, giving you great knowledge on what you had to do as your role as a staff member. The other members of staff was also very friendly, and I made some now personal friends from working there. The hardest part of the job was achieving my target to the best I could get, however most of the time I managed to achieve it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customers and make sure they had the best shopping experience possible.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not enough hours offered
Lovely surroundings to work in, co-workers fabulous, lovely customers, shame about the management
Temp Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham, ENG15 January 2016
A typical day at work started at 8:30 - 6, occasionally working a twelve hour day. Customer focus in a retail environment that was very enjoyable and my co-workers were fabulous. The management are very target driven and watch you on camera all the time to ensure you are not talking during working hours. If you are caught on camera talking to a co-worker you are disciplined without being able to offer an explanation as to why, even if you converse about work. Very stressful in terms of reaching personal K Pi's being watched and monitored all the time. Hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day at a very busy period with just two half hour breaks and reaching management expectations. Management would change rotas on a whim, without even asking if it was okay or convenient. I learned that by treating people like children and a minimal amount of trust in your work force, does not get the best out of people. I had an accident at work that I feel is caused through negligence, and has left me scarred and in a great deal of discomfort. I am currently waiting for an M.R.I scan on my foot in relation to this. The TV advert for this company suggests "there's no place like it", well in my 37 years of retail experience, in my opinion you can certainly say that again but for all the wrong reasons. I loved the job in terms of serving all the customers, attending to their needs, and I loved the challenges I was faced with in order to achieve their requests. I was given an insight to how the distribution section of the business worked, and how the visual merchandising was a key  more... element in helping to achieve sales. I was quite heavily involved in the V.M side of this business and I loved it. Just a shame that the management team do not look after good staff when they have them.  less
A well known friendly, busy resturant.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Manchester28 February 2013
The kitchen is always busy with lots of customers coming in all day, userally picks up around 1pm and quitens off about 3pm although some days can be manic all day. I didnt learn much to be fair I brought my own recipes into this kitchen when I started. One thing i did learn was how to do the 'pass' which is calling orders out to chefs and then sending it out together to the customers. The place was poorly ran by management which is one of the reasons I would like a new job, but I got along with the other chefs well. The hardest part of the job would have to be finding room for all the stock! There is never enough room to refridgerate the foods, it was always a big struggle. Also the pass was quite tricky but I have learned how to deal with that now. The part i enjoyed the most was experamenting with new recipes when we had chance and improvement my recipes and working within a great team.
Pros
as it is an furniture shop it closes at half 5, which is good hours for a chef.
Cons
bad, unorganised managment.