Housing Units

Housing Units Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
Really enjoyed my time there, met lots of great people and customers! Management overall was great apart from a couple! Owners were also brilliant people!
I’d rather go fight in Syria than go back. Over worked under paid. No where near enough staff so everyone is massively over worked and nobody is happy working there
Not the best place to work, very rude colleagues make you feel like rubbish most of the time! If you have sick days they are marked against you, also stood for long periods of time with no drinks.
Found it to quiet
Prefer busy environment

Needed more challenge

Better rate of pay

Good company

I’m not sure what else to add

In order to move on from this question
The job entails you to work to tight deadlines and often quite competitive sales targets. The management are lovely and it is a great place to work. Limited internal progression opportunities though.
Everyone is treated with respect in this job. The job itself is very rewarding as you're able to help customers. There's always something to do- although it's sometimes challenging, it's very enjoyable.
A fantastic company to work for . Great benefits and rewards . All staff are like family . Great team work . Great Xmas party free to all employees . employee of the month rewards and employee of the year rewards . I have had a fantastic time working for housing units .
Pros
Free Xmas party
Cons
Long hours for managers
Long hours of work with very low wages. Holiday entitlement is minimal with strong stipulations when you can and can’t take them. Staff gave me the impression that they are quite scared of management. I only worked there for a couple of months but nobody would voice their opinions, reminded me of a load of sheep. There is no personal connection with management or other departments. Very ‘clicky’.
Pros
Good staff discount.
Cons
Salary, holidays, hours.
A day Housing units day consists of a morning meeting, outlining the days objectives and targets, then doors open and business starts. i have learned good customer service skills and cashier skills. Department managers are very helpful and supportive, however superior managers are distant and hard to communicate with. The hardest part of the job is the workload over the christmas season as they are understaffed. The most the enjoyable part of the job is the colleagues as they are very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
Work kept me occupied, and there was always something to be getting on with. Also there was a good mix of job rotation throughout each day, so working didn’t get boring.
Pros
Relatively good pay
Cons
Worked on weekends
Having worked in some large companies before I must say I love working as part of a close,family business. We've recently been given some fantastic rewards and perks and I love everyone I work with.
Pros
Free use of company holiday homes
Cons
retail is hard work
I joined Housing units in September 2015 as an apprentice. I completed my first year and loved every minute. I received great support from my colleagues, manager and the directors. On completion I then made the decision to carry on with my apprentice and went on to start my second year to do my NVQ level 3. Which again I received great support in doing so; this has now led to me becoming a full time employee which I was ecstatic about!
Every day is different and I am continually learning new things and taking on more responsibilities. I would say the people definitely make the company a fantastic place to work for . We all work together as a team and everyone is easily approachable and willing to help.
Pros
People, environment
Cons
Duties: - Dealing with customers who phone in that have had problems with their furniture, making key decisions on whether to send a technician out to fix the problem or to replace the item itself, also dealing with customer that e-mail and use social media
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours for minimal pay
Housing units is a great place to work, I have worked here for over 7 years and have progressed through the company from part time café assistant, to now being a manager of a large department.

The company is family run and this shows in their attitude towards staff, they look after us well and we are rewarded well for our hard work and commitment to the company.

The staff here are very much like a family, everyone is lovely to get along with and extremely helpful to each other, which makes for a pleasant working environment.

Staff have lots of perks holiday homes to rent for free, both in the UK and abroad, VIP tickets to gigs and football matches, staff night's out paid for by the company and a Gala Christmas party to name just a few.

Overall I would rate Housing Units highly as a place to work, I feel valued for the work I do, I have the tools to enable me to do a great job, I have a fantastic support network here within the management team, who could ask for more !!
Pros
great staff benfits
I started working for HU over 2 years ago. After 9 months I was fortunate enough to be promoted from my previous position to Buying Assistant. I am mostly office based but get the opportunity to travel to other countries mainly in Europe and Asia.

Everyday can be different. Some days are filled with meetings whereas others might involve me mostly working from my own personal desk. I am also involved with liaising with colleagues on the retail floor.

The job is challenging due to the workload. I have improved at managing my work with experience. The company has sent me on training courses which have been very beneficial.

All in all a great company to work for.
Pros
Challenging and varied role
Cons
Dealing with challenging suppliers
Working at housing units is a joy. Friendly staff, management and a family run business makes it unique and enjoyable.

From day one I had an in depth training programme that ensured I understood the inner workings and processes of the business. The support and encouragement received could not be faulted.

Its one of the only places where I have worked where directors will actually engage with staff on a daily basis and not just hide away in an office. They take feedback on board and act on it wherever they can.

The working environment is very enjoyable. Its a job where you wake up in the morning feeling good about the day ahead and don't dread coming in!

The benefits for staff keep on growing and growing with HU ranging from length of service to free football matches. Lets not forget the villa in Spain!
Pros
Staff discount, Lots of staff benefits
I enjoy working for Housing Units as it is a family run business and a friendly place to work, all of the staff are lovely and I have made a lot of friends here.
The restaurant gets very busy especially at weekends, the hours are great as they fit around family life, not many restaurants close at 5.30pm- so that's a bonus!

Housing Units is a great place to progress and they really believe in promoting within and helping you along the way with all the support needed.

The management are very approachable especially in the last year we have seen a huge difference in staff morale and Housing Units really focussing on the employee.

There are great staff benefits which I have enjoyed including Holidays in a luxury lodge, a Spanish apartment on the Costa Del Sol, Football matches for Premier League games, VIP concert tickets & regular staff incentives to win a mixture of varied prizes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that every day is different and you never know what the day is going to bring.

I am enjoying learning new things every day and developing my career within Housing Units further and know I have the support of Managers and Directors if I need anything.

I really enjoy my job and I am looking forward to developing and moving with Housing Units in the future to bigger & exciting new challenges!
Pros
Great Staff, Benefits
Being new to the company, it has exceeded my expectations. Staff friendly, open and approachable on all levels.
No one is too busy to help and show you, if you get lost.

Very much a family feeling, which leaves you looking forward to coming to work. No Monday blues!!

Housing Units is open to change and takes ideas from all levels, something which I personally find encouraging and helps promote the concept of being and working as one.

I'm looking forward to growing with this company, and truly believe they will support me and others during their success.
Pros
Employee Benefits
I've been working at Housing Units for over a year now, it's been an amazing journey so far. Hard work is recognised and the career progression and development is exceptional. The working environment is friendly and welcoming, all of my colleagues across all levels of the business are approachable and hard working and I always feel supported. The company has great staff benefits including free staff use of holiday accommodation and a day off when it's your birthday.
Pros
Supportive Management, Career Progression, Friendly Environment
Cons
Housing Units is a great company to work for. I feel supported and valued. Everyone is friendly and approachable especially management and the Directors. Fantastic staff benefits, including staff discount, day off for your birthday and free use of a holiday apartment.
I have been working at Housing Units now for nearly 6 years and enjoyed every day. My role is so varied and no one day is the same, which makes my job so interesting! The support from the management team is second to none and they are always willing to listen to what you have to say and take your views onboard. Unlike many companies these days they have many benefits to offer their employees to thank them for their commitment, such as use of holiday homes, day off for your birthday, employee of the month/year to name just a few! There are also ongoing training benefits to support your job role. Really happy I work here!
Pros
Staff benefits