Housing Plus Group Employee Reviews

2.2Pay & Benefits
So sad what has happened to a lovely business
Tenant Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Staffs/Shropshire13 December 2018
Since 'merging' with Housing Plus this place has become intolerable. Management do not listen to staff and take the 'it's my way or the highway' stance. People who stand up for themselves get bullied and managed out of the business one way or another... Don't even bother applying if you are over the age of 30. Even the senior management have been heard saying staff are too old when they are past 30! (with a few swear words thrown in for good meassure!)All they want are puppets, not people who actually care about what they are doing. Avoid this place for your own sanity!
Pros
Free Parking near to site
Cons
Absolutely everything
21 December 2018

We concerned about your comments regarding bullying and take this very seriously. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please contact our HR team and it will be properly investigated. If it is reported we can act upon in.

Please be assured that the Group does not accept or condone bullying or ageism and training for managers is in place to make sure this kind of behaviour is not part of our working lives.

Do not waste your talent here!
Retirement Living Officer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire20 June 2018
This seems a great place to work on paper. In reality it is like school, everyone out to stab you in the back, do as I say not as I do, gossip, lies, the list is endless! In 20 years of employment I have never experienced anything like it! The management and a lot of the service users could totally destroy a persons confidence and self esteem. Please avoid like the plague!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
7 August 2018

Thank you for your comments; it’s important for us to collect as much feedback as possible from current and former employees so we can understand what works and what doesn’t in our company.

We are sorry to read such strong negative feedback about our Group and we would have liked the opportunity to discuss this with you before you decided to leave.

Customers and colleagues are a priority for Housing Plus Group and our managers receive thorough training in all aspects of their role. If you would like to discuss your feedback with our HR team please get in touch.

Senior management are bullys
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Stafford/shrewsbury29 April 2018
Senior management dont listen to staff. Then when it goes t*ts up they blame the staff and bully them. They say things and forget they've said them. Make sure all instructions are covered by email. A vile place to work. Will leave as soon as i can
Pros
Free parking close by
Cons
Management bullys
7 August 2018

Thank you for your comments; it’s important for us to collect as much feedback as possible in order to understand what works and what doesn’t.

We’re sorry that you feel that way about some of our senior managers; our customers and colleagues are the top priority for Housing Plus Group and we are firmly against any kind of blame culture.

We are concerned about your comments regarding bulling and take this very seriously. We would urge you to discuss this with your manager, director or a member of the HR team immediately. Your complaint will be properly investigated and dealt with as a priority.

We value the skills and dedication of all of our colleagues and we will do everything we can to rectify this situation to enable you to stay with us.

Good accomodation
Actin Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire26 January 2017
Workin social housing is always diverse and one day is never like another with different problems emerging every day, So what you learn very quickley is to expect the unexpeted. I found management to be varied and there was a blame culture which I found to be negative, Colleagues in the workplace were very supportive and there was a ;stick together; approach,
The hardest part of the job was that you never completed your 'to do' list, But resolving peoples problems was the most enjoyable.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
having to leave before completing the TO DO list
7 August 2018

Thank you for leaving a review; your feedback is key if we are to understand what works, what doesn’t and what changes we can make to improve things.

Social housing is a diverse area to work and we’re glad that you felt such satisfaction when resolving problems for our customers. They continue to be a priority for Housing Plus Group so thank you for your dedication.

We’re glad that you had such a positive experience with your colleagues. The team spirit and supportive nature of co-workers here is something we’re very proud of.

We’re sorry that you felt unsupported by managers and you felt there was a blame culture during your time here, though. Customers and colleagues are a priority for Housing Plus Group and our managers receive thorough training in all aspects of their role. We have been through a period of significant change and as a new Group we are building a positive and exciting place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Housing Plus Group. Our community is ready to answer.

1.4