Housing Plus Group

Housing Plus Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
Regular themes appear in every review

Bullying- still alive and well

Favouritism- still alive and well

HR - we want to work with you- people have left because of what has and is happening- it’s to late

Promotion - saved for the select few

Career development- saved for the select few A business plan aimed at destroying those who’s face does not fit

There
19 May 2020
We’re very sorry to read about your negative experience. We’d appreciate the chance to work with you to address your concerns and we would urge you to contact a member of our HR team so they can discuss your feedback with you.
full,of stress back stabbing lies and management have no confidentiality.
expected to work every hour you can no appreciation and lies from office staff including area manager
Pros
Cons
everything
We’re very sorry to read about your negative experience.

This business has caused depression and led me to being sick. Is all about favouritism and hard work is never rewarded. Business is falling apart and everybody is leaving. Happy I left to keep my sanity(mental health)
Pros
Can’t think of any
We’re very sorry to read about your negative experience.

The vibe around the office is not at all positive, bullying is a part of daily work life but is denied by management.
Every working day is long and stressful with the negativity.

Made me ill working for this company so I would NEVER work here again! HR say to contact them with concerns, however when you do they are full of excuses and do not accept that there are any issues despite all the employees raising issues.
Excellent focus on flexible family orientated approach to assist employees to fulfill their roles.
Busy working environment

Workplace culture depends on where you work within the business
Thank you for leaving a review, we’re pleased to read such positive feedback.
The company is a sinking ship and I would not recommend anyone working for this organization, the management are rude and the environment is a hazard risk
We’re very sorry to read about your negative experience.

Mangament do not have any building knowledge tell you one thing then change it no praise always negative gossip central people always out to stab you in back with lies
We’re very sorry to read about your negative experience.

I have never worked at a place where senior management do so little to help the staff. There is a bullying culture within the organisation and they have said they are doing something about this, however, they clearly aren't, as it is very visible still.

I would never recommend anyone to take a job here. I was warned before joining the organisation and I regret not listening to people. Management aren't very good at managing staff. Staff go off sick with stress. Staff can be seen crying at their desks or in the toilets, after confrontations with management.
We’re very sorry to read about your negative experience.

I work in the management team, I can genuinely say that I feel valued and listened to. I see that the group want to make changes for the better all the time. My manager supports and encourages me constantly. Care is a difficult job with lots of expectations to meet from individuals (which aren’t always realistic) so you need a good team to get you through it.
Thank you for leaving a review, we’re pleased to read such positive feedback.
Managers are bullies staff being told do it our way or there is the door. They believe lies and are cold hearted. They make the rules as they go along. They are not carers even the residents say its care Less not care plus. You have 8 hour job card but only paid 6 they deduct money out of your wages with out warning its the only company that deduct money because you did not meet your contract hours but then pay you over time in the same month your only allowed one uniform top no matter how many days or hours you work. My advice avoid this company
Pros
Managing to get a day off if your lucky
Cons
Managers are bullies and two faced
20 October 2019
Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your feedback and apologise for the delay in responding.

We’re very sorry you had such a negative experience during your time here – the wellbeing of all members of the Group is important to us. Please be assured that we take any allegations of bullying very seriously and we’re sorry we didn’t have the chance to address these issues before you left.

If any of our colleagues are feeling like this, we would always encourage them to discuss it with a member of the HR team so the matter can be investigated.

We also take the wellbeing of customers extremely seriously and pride ourselves on our high levels of satisfaction with the homes and services we provide.

We’re currently working to offer more clarity on the way that pay is calculated and we’re collaborating with colleagues to offer information in a way that’s suitable for them. Unfortunately, we’re unable to comment on individual issues with hours but if you would like to discuss any aspect of your feedback any further, please contact a member of our HR team.
It is a great shame that a positive ethos has been lost to

Promoting through favouratism

Senior managers and assistant directors being bullies

Bullying is a strong part of the business especially within the division called property plus

Those that deny it are actually the ones doing and actively promoting wrongful acts

Directors have lost touch because only the chosen few are listened to or actively involved

You will get promoted, but not by being loyal or good at what you do

This place is worse than ever
Pros
Going home
Cons
To many
6 February 2019
We’re very sorry you had such a negative experience during your time here.

Please be assured, we do not condone favouritism and invest in training our managers to prevent any type of discrimination in any aspect of their work. We are also working hard to provide development opportunities for as many of our colleagues as possible. We aim to harness the potential within our workforce and making sure that all appointments are merit-based and follow our HR processes is key to that.

Whether you feel you’ve been subjected to bullying or have witnessed it in your business area, this is something that concerns us and we want to investigate. Bullying has no place at Housing Plus Group and training for managers and colleagues is in place to make sure this kind of behaviour is not part of our working lives. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please get in touch and allow us to look into it.

We’re confident that by working together we can nurture a positive culture at Housing Plus Group as it’s important to us that people feel secure and happy in their role.
Since 'merging' with Housing Plus this place has become intolerable. Management do not listen to staff and take the 'it's my way or the highway' stance. People who stand up for themselves get bullied and managed out of the business one way or another... Don't even bother applying if you are over the age of 30. Even the senior management have been heard saying staff are too old when they are past 30! (with a few swear words thrown in for good meassure!)All they want are puppets, not people who actually care about what they are doing. Avoid this place for your own sanity!
Pros
Free Parking near to site
Cons
Absolutely everything
21 December 2018

We concerned about your comments regarding bullying and take this very seriously. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please contact our HR team and it will be properly investigated. If it is reported we can act upon in.

Please be assured that the Group does not accept or condone bullying or ageism and training for managers is in place to make sure this kind of behaviour is not part of our working lives.
This seems a great place to work on paper. In reality it is like school, everyone out to stab you in the back, do as I say not as I do, gossip, lies, the list is endless! In 20 years of employment I have never experienced anything like it! The management and a lot of the service users could totally destroy a persons confidence and self esteem. Please avoid like the plague!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
7 August 2018
Thank you for your comments; it’s important for us to collect as much feedback as possible from current and former employees so we can understand what works and what doesn’t in our company.

We are sorry to read such strong negative feedback about our Group and we would have liked the opportunity to discuss this with you before you decided to leave.

Customers and colleagues are a priority for Housing Plus Group and our managers receive thorough training in all aspects of their role. If you would like to discuss your feedback with our HR team please get in touch.
Workin social housing is always diverse and one day is never like another with different problems emerging every day, So what you learn very quickley is to expect the unexpeted. I found management to be varied and there was a blame culture which I found to be negative, Colleagues in the workplace were very supportive and there was a ;stick together; approach,
The hardest part of the job was that you never completed your 'to do' list, But resolving peoples problems was the most enjoyable.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
having to leave before completing the TO DO list
7 August 2018
Thank you for leaving a review; your feedback is key if we are to understand what works, what doesn’t and what changes we can make to improve things.

Social housing is a diverse area to work and we’re glad that you felt such satisfaction when resolving problems for our customers. They continue to be a priority for Housing Plus Group so thank you for your dedication.

We’re glad that you had such a positive experience with your colleagues. The team spirit and supportive nature of co-workers here is something we’re very proud of.

We’re sorry that you felt unsupported by managers and you felt there was a blame culture during your time here, though. Customers and colleagues are a priority for Housing Plus Group and our managers receive thorough training in all aspects of their role. We have been through a period of significant change and as a new Group we are building a positive and exciting place to work.