Housing & Care 21 Employee Reviews

Very good
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Flitwick12 March 2019
okay good company I leant loads from this company the hardest part was it was 3 different blocks most enjoyable was talking to the residents typical day would be cleaner every room and had manager go round and make sure it was up to standards
Do not work for housing 21
Night carer (Former Employee) –  Derby8 January 2019
Used to work in extra care place for these people.
I used to work nights on my own.
No support from management.
Putting on you all the time.
When something went wrong you where on you own.
They do not care about you, believe me.
The supervisors are useless, one only got the job because no one else wanted it, so what does that tell you?
Awful people, dont work for them and of course theres the usual back stabbing staff.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Very caring association concerned for acces to high quality housing for all
Court Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochdale , Ian Fraser Court OL 111TZ7 December 2018
The organisation had a wonderful mission , that's is to help elderly people to mange and ,have a wonderful life in a sheltered accommodation.
They did this buy managing high quality accommodation.
They also provided extra care schemes and other services to support aged person in their own property
Dining room services
Low level support
Cleaning service
Shower service
Activities and other services on court
E.g. health support
Pros
Very friendly association
Cons
Salary could be better
Great place to work!
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich24 September 2018
I enjoy working here. Its a large building with 32 self contained flats. The management structure changed not long back but it's even better now. Management always helpful and supportive. Training always kept up to date. There have been times that management have stepped in to do visits so staff can have their break! Love the team I work with... Just brilliant. Pay went up from £7.80 to £9.83. All the service users are lovely to care for and very grateful, really makes you feel good and appreciated.
Pros
Service users and my team :)
Cons
Long hours :(
Where do I start?
Carer (Former Employee) –  Suffolk13 September 2018
Promise you hours yet not enough or the opposite too many. Go in one day plan your life then the next the rota has changed. Never enough staff, if you run late into your break tough you just don’t get one. I worked days and nights and was still helping people to bed at midnight! And you get promise of progression but that’s just something they say to keep you happy. If you leave you’re the bad one...threatened with a safeguarding if you don’t return your uniform within a week! Not the place to work. Ive worked in the community and in a care home...this is a cross between the two but expected to work like a care home employee. Steer clear.
Housing21 are awesome
Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kent18 August 2018
Worked for them for a number of years
Honest caring kind compassionate
One of the best housing teams I ever worked with
Over all amazing
Sara at Ashford and Cath at Ashford are amazing 5 gold stars for them.
Pros
Great support
Major problems here
Anon (Former Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland8 August 2018
Management do not listen to you, there are 3 residents who rule the roost and this is why people aren't moving in. The former manager filled all the flats and she had the place booming with fayres in the communal lounge luncheon and breakfast clubs but these 3 residents try to wreck everything as they didn't want any of the above happening. They run the place, you do as they say or you leave. Higher management continued to let this happen. So no backing from them and that is why managers are leaving .
Cons
As above
Honest Review
Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 August 2018
I've been with HC21 since Nov 2016 - since joining, I have been involved in quite a few projects which has massively improved my skills and confidence. I have had great support from my managers and colleagues.

Progression wise - I have been put forward to a management course internally and awaiting my certificate.

Appraisals and 1 to 1's were valuable as I had the opportunity to have honest and open conversations with my manager regarding things I wanted to get involved in to develop my skills and they have always tried to accommodate when and where it was possible.

I have an amazing team (immediate) and a department as a whole and I would definitely want to progress within.

Our CEO, COO and Directors are very approachable (they even come out every Christmas party and stay out with us) no hierarchy!

When I first joined, I was introduced to the CEO who happily had a conversation with me.

It is busy, its challenging, I stay later sometimes to catch up on work load... But all jobs have pressures regardless of level!

I can truly say that I am proud to be part of HC21 and the Investors in People - Gold award was definitely well deserved!
Pros
Culture, Salary is good, Career progression
really nice
Senior HCA (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire24 July 2018
this is one of the best places i have worked ( in care)

the support i got from mangers was amazing

the training i received was really good.

the chances i had to progress was really amazing i became the senior HCA with in a few weeks dealing with large numbers of staff ensuring training was up t date.

if i didn't live so far away i would go back.
Pros
fantastic
Cons
moving a way
never fully staffed and not appreciated
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby3 June 2018
i have worked here over a year and the whole time i have been here we have always been short staffed with the promise thing will get better once we get more staff always shifts uncovered and always being asked at short notice to cover shifts or do double shifts.

you get a 30 minuet unpaid brake in a 8 hours shift but that is if you get it most of the time calls run over or pendant calls need answering.

there is also no thing as confidentiality here as if you do anything wrong the whole place will know the next day while i have been working here there has been a few girls been taken off giving medication this should be kept between management but this is never the case as there is not always management on site to do this persons medication also even when management is on site they dish out the medication to the other staff who are already busy with back to back runs.
Pros
lovely residents
Cons
everything else
professional and caring
Health Care Assistant in community (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom13 March 2018
Very flexible hours indeed especially if you have little ones. Very good training opportunities and your day is challenging. And different every single shift.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
rainy days for walkers
Why all the hate?
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands5 March 2018
I work for HC21 as a senior and hopefully soon to be assistant care manager. I really am proud to work for an employee focused company. They really do value its staff and invest a lot in training etc.

My extra care court is a great place to work. Staff and residents are great. HC21 have recently made a pact to pay all staff 10% over the NMW which is brilliant.

Great career prospects if you are willing to work hard and put the effort it.

No complaints here!
Pros
Career prospects
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Gave me the foundation and love of caring
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield22 February 2018
Great place to start back in my career, was the stepping stone to a future in caring for vulnerable adults. Helped me to pick up all the skills I needed to be successful.
court manager
housing and care 21 (Former Employee) –  uk9 February 2018
to many departments doing less and placing this on court managers to deal with. sort of place that if your face doesnt fit then you are out. I did enjoy my job. tenants were pleasent but assistant court manager a pain.
Cons
very abrupt assistant court manager
Very good company to work for and be a client of
Housing Sceme Manager (Former Employee) –  Meakin Court, Immingham29 January 2018
Very varied daily work. Could be contractors on site visiting flats or carrying out major works. Budget reports, health & Safety checks, staff 1-1's. New clients visiting the court, signing up new clients to tenancy agreements. Dealing with tenant issues, repairs, GP, external services. Emergencies, fire, ambulance, etc.
Dealing with families concerns, visiting services. Providing social activities and enabling tenants to take part.
All Housing & Care paperwork completed, daily, weekly & monthly targets.
Pros
Providing a good living environment, good variety day to day.
Cons
Dealing with sudden death, out of hours fire alarm. providing evening activities (unpaid)
great company to work for
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire19 January 2018
loved working along side the management and staff. Would work for again if a job came along. Great environment and local to home for. family member also lived at this location.
recruitment administrator
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton15 January 2018
dont tell you nothing that is happening in the company. manager comes and chat between them. learn how to use their website. colleagues ok. some day fun ND SOME NOT LIKE ANY COMPAGNY GOT GOOD AND BAD DAY
Was ok for a short while .
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Former Employee) –  Doncaster29 December 2017
Was fine to start with untill I had an accident at work had to go on sick and no managment even phoned to see if I was ok management only out for themselves as long as the shifts are covered they don't care always wanting staff not enough time to get to one client to another had to be in two places I at the same time hence eating on he go not good .its 0 hour aswell
Pros
Sometimes you didn't get lunch eating on the go .
Cons
Not so much the hours it's all the dashing about to get to next client not enough time .
Long hours too much pressure
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thirsk25 November 2017
Your face has to fit to do well here. As long as you are doing 40-50 hours a week and not taking your days off then you are treated okay. There is constant nit picking for most people unless you are a favourite employee and highly protected no matter what mistakes are made. Left the job through injury at work, so they kept my holiday pay.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, promises made but never full filled lack of support
Very rewarding job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire31 October 2017
Lovely rewarding job in the community, loved getting to know the clients and their families, office ask you to do a lot of hours and are quite demanding
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Very demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Housing & Care 21. Our community is ready to answer.