Housing & Care 21 Employee Reviews

Shocking culture
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire12 July 2018
Bad manager at elm tree now !! Employs only family and friends who do no work at all.

Lacks knowledge about management and is only there for her own gain .

Does not deal with issues but has created a culture of staff running to tell tales

Avoid at all costs
Pros
Wage if you get the hours before her family
Cons
Manager
professional and caring
Health Care Assistant in community (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom13 March 2018
Very flexible hours indeed especially if you have little ones. Very good training opportunities and your day is challenging. And different every single shift.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
rainy days for walkers
Why all the hate?
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands5 March 2018
I work for HC21 as a senior and hopefully soon to be assistant care manager. I really am proud to work for an employee focused company. They really do value its staff and invest a lot in training etc.

My extra care court is a great place to work. Staff and residents are great. HC21 have recently made a pact to pay all staff 10% over the NMW which is brilliant.

Great career prospects if you are willing to work hard and put the effort it.

No complaints here!
Pros
Career prospects
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Gave me the foundation and love of caring
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield22 February 2018
Great place to start back in my career, was the stepping stone to a future in caring for vulnerable adults. Helped me to pick up all the skills I needed to be successful.
court manager
housing and care 21 (Former Employee) –  uk9 February 2018
to many departments doing less and placing this on court managers to deal with. sort of place that if your face doesnt fit then you are out. I did enjoy my job. tenants were pleasent but assistant court manager a pain.
Cons
very abrupt assistant court manager
Very good company to work for and be a client of
Housing Sceme Manager (Former Employee) –  Meakin Court, Immingham29 January 2018
Very varied daily work. Could be contractors on site visiting flats or carrying out major works. Budget reports, health & Safety checks, staff 1-1's. New clients visiting the court, signing up new clients to tenancy agreements. Dealing with tenant issues, repairs, GP, external services. Emergencies, fire, ambulance, etc.
Dealing with families concerns, visiting services. Providing social activities and enabling tenants to take part.
All Housing & Care paperwork completed, daily, weekly & monthly targets.
Pros
Providing a good living environment, good variety day to day.
Cons
Dealing with sudden death, out of hours fire alarm. providing evening activities (unpaid)
great company to work for
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire19 January 2018
loved working along side the management and staff. Would work for again if a job came along. Great environment and local to home for. family member also lived at this location.
recruitment administrator
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton15 January 2018
dont tell you nothing that is happening in the company. manager comes and chat between them. learn how to use their website. colleagues ok. some day fun ND SOME NOT LIKE ANY COMPAGNY GOT GOOD AND BAD DAY
Was ok for a short while .
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Former Employee) –  Doncaster29 December 2017
Was fine to start with untill I had an accident at work had to go on sick and no managment even phoned to see if I was ok management only out for themselves as long as the shifts are covered they don't care always wanting staff not enough time to get to one client to another had to be in two places I at the same time hence eating on he go not good .its 0 hour aswell
Pros
Sometimes you didn't get lunch eating on the go .
Cons
Not so much the hours it's all the dashing about to get to next client not enough time .
Long hours too much pressure
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thirsk25 November 2017
Your face has to fit to do well here. As long as you are doing 40-50 hours a week and not taking your days off then you are treated okay. There is constant nit picking for most people unless you are a favourite employee and highly protected no matter what mistakes are made. Left the job through injury at work, so they kept my holiday pay.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, promises made but never full filled lack of support
Very rewarding job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire31 October 2017
Lovely rewarding job in the community, loved getting to know the clients and their families, office ask you to do a lot of hours and are quite demanding
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Very demanding
Very poor company
Hca (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands26 October 2017
I worked at the watermill for 3 years. Favouritism is rife. You are ok as long as you creep to the seniors. Manager is a joke. They want to be a 'centre of excellence' for people with dementia, but it is more like nursing care rather than residential. CQC need to ensure they don't know when they are going to inspect, as last time we all knew! Do not work there, you will end up working 7.30am til 10.00pm and you are so tired you can't do your job properly. That's dangerous as you have to give residents medication. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
Long hours, no home life
Successful, compassionate Large Company!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire9 October 2017
I work for this company currently and could not pick fault.
I am a care manger who manages the care with an extra care scheme. My team are brilliant.

The career progression is endless.
Have been with them 3 years now and do not intend on leaving!

Care work is always under paid but for carers if you have the right managers you will succeed!
Pros
Brilliant pay and career progression
Cons
N/a
ok
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sunderland13 September 2017
The job is poorly paid for what you do, with minimal prospects of progression due to the company not knowing what they want to be, a care home or an independent living facility. Hours are promised but not as readily available as other care companies.
Love the residents I assist
Senior Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire9 September 2017
I love seeing individuals development each day and assisting them to become more independent but know they have others around them to rely on. I like to be very hands on and enjoy a challenge. I like to work in a good team to make the workplace a happy environment to be in.
Pros
Flexible hours
Not a good company to work for.
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington29 August 2017
No support from management had staff working over legal hours. The pay was ridiculous. There was not support for the carers. And no consistency with regular staff on regular runs.
far from the worst.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Yorkshire8 August 2017
Ok so nearly everything i've read and heard about this company has been negative? my experience has been the opposite, i was made to feel very welcome by all, (service users too not just staff) training was good and in depth along with plenty of advancement opportunities should you choose to pursue.
The management team are also ace, i've not had any issues since starting with them, they tell you where to find support and how to contact them with any issues. They have a trusting and democratic approach toward staff which i like in a job.
There a few negative Nancy's but that comes in every job, overall the staff are a great bunch and have your back, good team players for cover too which is rare!
good ol' Yorkshire surroundings too so its a nice environment to work in and i get far much more out of this job then i have in previous employment.
Pros
weekly pay, nice people, nice building, happy residents, they listen to staff
Cons
contracts, hours (lacking), occasionally having to deal with difficult team members
Team work, communications, flexibility and personal development supported with Training
Senior Home Care/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2017
Hectic but can be fun.
Learnt to deal different and difficult situations in diverse culture, never to take life for granted but appreciate. Learnt how to work with colleagues from different background and characters. I have experience different kind of management especially in the care sector settings. Under a good manager you will develop and move forward with a lot of training back up from within the company.
The hardest thing to take is when your are helping vulnerable person and then get short because you have to stick to the 'policy'.
When you feel you are appreciated and seen a change your effort has made in someones life.
Pros
Chance of Self development to go further
Cons
Expected to work extra time without pay
Lovely place
Home carer (Former Employee) –  St. Neots, Cambridgeshire14 June 2017
Loved my time working there, I dearly miss all the residents.
Colleagues were supportive and respectful.
Lovely residential home where every resident is treated with respect comprehension and affection from the care team.
Travel around place to place not fun
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire31 May 2017
I enjoyed working with all the clients and new people training is good to build up your skills and qualifications ifyou can get them .be prepared to get called up a lot to do extra shifts
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Driving around in all weathers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Housing & Care 21. Our community is ready to answer.