House of Fraser Employee Reviews

Friendly environment but tedious
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gateshead15 March 2019
Colleagues are all very friendly and welcoming. Tasking can range from small to very large and fluctuates.
Sometimes unorganised and can become tedious.
Excellent work environment, and brilliant colleagues.
Level 1 Service Specialist - Menswear (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire13 March 2019
Clear tasks set out throughout each day, and support from management. Reasonable salary based on job role and excellent discounts across the range of products, as well as uniform discount for work. Encouraging and supportive when wanting to complete extra training to advance in the company.
Pros
Always felt like part of a team
Very Friendly Workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Homewear10 March 2019
I had never worked in retail before and I was taught and guided through the day to day activities extremely well as It can be challenging dealing with the public.

The wonderful people I have met there will always be best friends. We socialise very regularly and will continue to do so.

It’s only recently, since the take over, that the roles are changing and the atmosphere is no longer the happy one it used to be. The dynamics of the store has completely changed.

The hardest part of the job involves dealing with the most difficult of customers but this can be also the most rewarding when they leave the store happy.

The most enjoyable part of my day involves meeting so many different types of people and being as helpful as I possibly can so that they leave the store happy
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
The changing store
good place to work, management support when needed
STOCK CONTROL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough7 March 2019
When I worked at HOF, there was a good friendly feeling from all the departments, we might not have known individuals but we all worked as one team.
There were on-line learning courses available to help improve your knowledge of company procedures.
We were encouraged to meet targets and if possible to find ways of doing things better, the management were open to discussions on improving the way things were done.
Pros
Monday to Friday, 9-5
Cons
long distance to travel each day.
The people make the place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 February 2019
HoF is an established retailer who prides itself on the values. But their inability to adapt to modern times has left them trailing on the High Street.

The best thing about HOF was the training and the people. The morale was generally positive and therefore a pleasant place to work.
lovely people
Administration Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reading20 February 2019
I have learned a lot a cross store departments. Working in the office and shop floor people with make me feel happy every day .My position will be redundant and my last day in the company will be 13 of May
Pros
staff discount, loveley atmosphere
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset19 February 2019
Work in this store was one of my most pleasant jobs that I had to do. I worked there as it was a House of Fraser and there really was nothing that I did not like - a very friendly atmosphere, a very good manager, but how the company was bought The new owner does not give such good working conditions anymore, although the work is still much nicer than in other stores. If someone thinks about the work of the seller, I recommend House of Fraser.
Pros
good lunch breaks
rubbish
Customer Service Supervisor/Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 February 2019
I wouldn't recommend working for this company, there is absolutely no job security. You should go and work for Waitrose the pay is even better, much better
Luxury place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 February 2019
A typical day at work was busy, challenging and rewarding.
I gained more knowledge in the retail industry, the management was supportive, the team members worked hard to achieve aims that was set.
Temp Christmas Job
Full Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley12 February 2019
Basic Christmas temp job after I finished University. Very quiet shop so not a great atmosphere and management were very distant from employees. Some lovely colleagues though
Excellent company
Comp & Ben Rewards Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire11 February 2019
Have loved every minute of working at HOF, such a shame its coming to an end.
Excellent work life balance, lovely team members. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
People
productive fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough4 February 2019
I have learned a lot of additional skills working here, i have gained so much more confidence. It is a fun place to work the environment is very welcoming and the managers work alongside you and help you whenever is necessary.
Pros
20% Off
Cons
Not much overtime
Hardwork with good peoples
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes3 February 2019
I learned picking,packing,despatch,stock control. Every day new challenges. Nice team lots of diffrent cultures. Good canteen. Flexible hours good for peoples with children.
Pros
Flexible hours
Poor management
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 January 2019
Poor management, politics, racism, Treat staff like children, treat everyone like thieves, boring, no customers, management dont know the meaning of the word professional
Pros
Cons
long hours, poor pay, late nights, understaffed, poor untrained management
Ok
Part time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent23 January 2019
Towards the beginning of my time at HOF, everything was great, including pay and staff. However the effects of the declining company hit staff as we were provided less hours, and sadly had to see many members let go.
Pros
great pay, good environment
Cons
letting go of staff members
Ok company to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire21 January 2019
Typical retail company, nothing particularly bad about working for the company itself, some of the local management were interesting to work with. Pay was on scale, benefits and holidays were ok, working for a concession withing House of Fraser was better.
Social & Progressive
Bristol Deputy Sales Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Bristol18 January 2019
Strong management team, with a care for developing staff in their future careers. Many different job roles available in store for people of all requirements.
I learnt alot working at house of fraser warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 January 2019
Started as a temp and was instantly picked to be supertemp which gave me a lead role. Within a year was given full time contract. The normal job role would be inbound for stock but found myself being placed on different departments often different job roles so i learnt alot about logistcs very quickly. Staff were friendly and i made temp management position of their new packing department. Training new recruits and dealing with problem stock was a daily routine. The only down side no store discount.
Pros
Easy job if you pay attention
Cons
Not enough interpreter's for foreign staff
House Of Fraser
Business Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 January 2019
I cannot really comment on current situation as I left twelve and half tears ago.
Hours became inconvenient. No real help to advance.
Wages were very poor.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire2 January 2019
Working at HoF differed everyday, I would have either been standing handing out testers for their perfumes, talking to customers or applying makeup for people who wanted to see what the product was like before buying. The hardest part about my job was when I would be on the stall on my own at a busy time of day trying to get every customer what they wanted and still having a positive welcoming attitude. The most enjoyable time at my job was talking to different individuals from different places of the world.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House of Fraser. Our community is ready to answer.