House of Fraser Employee Reviews

good
worker (Former Employee) –  Hereford and Worcester15 October 2018
Good place to work friendly staff everyone is easy to get along with nice customers as you get regulars who you can look forward to seeing each day. x
House of fraser
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solihull15 October 2018
As you will see from my CV, I am currently working part time as a Retail Sales Assistant at House of Fraser. I have many years experience of working in a variety of customer facing roles including retail and healthcare. I enjoy working with the public and giving excellent customer service.

These roles have allowed me to develop my skills in a range of areas. I have strong
communication skills and I have experience of helping and assisting customers with their needs and answering queries. I have to be flexible in my current role, with regard to my duties and hours of work, for example I have had to work extended hours during the busy Christmas period. I have developed strong team working skills as I often am called upon to help other departments when they are short staffed which I enjoy doing.

I am interested in this position because I enjoy meeting and I would like to work as warehouse operative as I am very interest in the position.

I am now looking to use my skills and experience in a busy customer facing role that will help me to develop further gain job satisfaction. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my experience with you in more detail and look forward to hearing from you in the near future,
Stressful work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent13 October 2018
It can be a stressful work environment. You receive no company benefits. The other work staff are quite friendly and the training you receive can be very informative but you don't understand your job role until you are actually on the shop floor working.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
stressful environment
good
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2018
I learnt how to deal with customers who are blatantly having a difficult day. I learnt that when working in retail regardless of your mood you have to think about the people your dealing with.
Ambiente lavorativo buono
operaio generico (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough19 September 2018
Tornata in Italia per motivi personali, per quanto riguarda il lavoro a House of Fraser e stata una bella esperienza.
Pros
Pausa (30 min.) pagata, straordinario pagato.
hof
Part-time/ Permanent (Current Employee) –  London18 September 2018
the management are poor they dont no how to talk to there staff in a respectful manner and they shout on the shop floor embarrassing you
they bullied a guy out of the job literally.
they tink they know everything bevasue they are management
they be little you like your 6 yr olds

theres no hard part everything is simple you dont do nothing as its always quiet never busy
my collegues i work with is the only thing that makes it bearable
pay is rubbish

cant take your break when you want and have to be forced to go when your told like your in school
Pros
collegues
Cons
management
Satisfactory working environmet.
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire16 September 2018
The company provided me with a flexible and, until recently, stable job, with a good balance between work and socialising. The staff are friendly, and the company makes every endeavour to protect it's staff where possible. They offer a good pay, holiday allowance, and approachability, and I'd recommend this company to any young person looking for a job.
Horrible place to work
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 September 2018
Worked in house of Fraser for over six years and it was horrible. Members of staff are two faced and you can't trust anybody, management is absoutley awful they are rude and very unhelpful. Would not recommend working for House of Fraser at all.
good place to work when you have a good team
Concession Manager, Sandwich (Former Employee) –  Sandwich14 September 2018
lacked in footfall, not a lot of activity in the store, had a great team, management in hof not very productive, management needed to be more organised
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester11 September 2018
better management needed
needed to have a cleaner environment
learned how to work a fast paced environment during busy sales period.
enjoyed working with a lot of people, working in a department store is more fun than just a standard retail store
hardest part was trying to sell items that were really old stock that nobody wanted to buy
Pros
raffles/games /charity events
Cons
poor pay for concessions within the store, no overtime available
Retail Service Manager (Current Employee) –  South West10 September 2018
Full and varied day, working with different people day in day out. Typically you would start your day planning team deployment. Followed up with a complete floor walk identifying key focuses for the day.
Great office with friendly colleagues
PA to Stores Director (Former Employee) –  Sheet6 September 2018
A typical day starts with checking figures and adding to a spreadsheet for the Stores Director; dealing with any travel requirements she has; answering any e-mails from Store Managers and Deputies; keeping the movement sheet and holiday tracker up to date.
I need to be very organised as I am the only one who does this job so there is no one to help when things get busy.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
None - I just need a change
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire5 September 2018
I worked here for about a year and absolutely loved it. there was never a dull moment all the staff are amazing to work with and the shop is fun to work in.
Pros
lots of fun on the job
Cons
nothing
They are really good however....
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Guildford4 September 2018
Working at House of Fraser is really good, however they have been going downhill in my experience, where they keep changing my times and not telling me, and still try and say that they did not.
Pros
Good pay, very nice colleagues
person centered
Rushden Lakes - Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rushden2 September 2018
I liked working here at the beginning as it was completely new and the store itself had just been built. however, as time went on I found the job got quite boring as it wasn't that busy, especially on evenings which I mostly worked. weekends were the most busy, but during the end of my time there, it was when the company went into administration and less and less people wanted to shop with us. I liked being a service advisor but not sure I would want to work in a large department store again. it was however a very good experience.
Pros
good experience
Cons
quite boring at times
Christmas Temp- Sales Advisor.
Christmas Temp- Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire27 August 2018
when I was going through the interview process, I was informed of everything happening and the staff were very kind and helpful, as I was very anxious as id never had a job before. after I had received the news I had the job, the gave me all the information needed such as start dates and any information I needed to hand in. on my first day I was on the tills and on the shop floor, while on the tills I found the staff helpful and patient with me as they were also letting the customers know it was my first day. from day one until my last day all staff on my department as well as the managers were very approachable and easy to approach if there was any problems with anything. overall they made my temporary stay very comfortable and helpful, I couldn't thank everyone at HoF Doncaster anymore for what they did for me.
productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2018
House Of Fraser- Worked as a sales advisor, in various sections making sure the department reaches its targets, through sales and customer service. And playing a key role in that with my huge significant KPI that I managed to produce. Playing a huge role in helping the store to reach key targets with hitting massive KPI in all my shifts.
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol22 August 2018
Poor management, priorities are wrong. however I did learn a lot while working here, often good chance of progression however they will get you to do as much as possible for free and no updated contract.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
No life work balance.
Structured and disciplined
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 August 2018
There could be long hours involved as being a concession within the store we had to mirror their extended opening times.
The Hof management had difficulty in understanding the culture of my company who occupies space in their stores.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Long hours, travelling
productive
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 August 2018
Most of the staff are good and productive at there jobs, however I found that the language barrier (as an English speaker) could be frustrating.
The job was very repetitive. However this was just a summer role before returning to university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House of Fraser. Our community is ready to answer.