House of Fraser Employee Reviews

Great workplace environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 January 2018
everyone was helpful and friendly towards me and constantly made sure I had something to do and that I was doing it correctly.
I learned all about customer service and having to deal with customers complaints.
was very hot work and no air-conditioning.
Pros
friendly work environement
Cons
im summer very hot and no air-conditioning
Consistent workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow20 January 2018
Such a lovely atmosphere with some great people, the managers make you feel equal to them so you in turn respect them. Although sometimes you have to repeat things to them to get it done. People are patient with you and give you time to learn as well as not being to easy on you so you can develop.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Aggravating management
fun workplace
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria18 January 2018
treated equally, management are kind and helpful and I enjoy working there and I would recommended it to anyone who wants to work in retail and enjoys fashion
Good environment
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon18 January 2018
I enjoyed my time when I worked here.
Cleaned and buffed the floors 2 hours every morning.
Other staff where friendly and polite and the pay was reasonable.
Not for me
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon11 January 2018
I was working in a sunglasses department, which comes into the main shop each year.
I had to go on a day long course, which was very rewarding in my knowledge of different makes and styles.
If we wasn't very busy, we had to help serve customers on different departments, which was nice as a change from the sunglasses, but in saying all that, i didn't like the traveling to and fro each day.
Exceptional employer, please to work for
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim5 January 2018
I never once dreaded going into work. At times it was stressful and tough but your colleagues would always be there and willing to lend a hand. Managers were incredibly nice and welcoming. The work load was nowhere near the same levels of stress as my old admin job. I was required to walk alot, both to and from stock rooms but this level of exercise enabled me to lose quiet a lot of weight over the Christmas period.

If shift patterns didn't suit, it was easy enough to have your shift swapped for another day or with someone else so long as there was plenty of notice.
Pros
Employee discount ontop of sales, competitive salary, flexible working hours
Cons
Breaks need to be taken at scheduled intervals based on business needs, you might not feel like your break was truly restful, can be very tiring on busy days, boring on light days
fun
Clothes line worker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 January 2018
i worked here with a few of my mates

it was a good job and i remember the manager was really nice.
hardest part was getting to milton keynes but now im driving so would work here again
Picking highend retail products
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 January 2018
Very fast paced job due to order needing to be filled and exported fast,most of the staff are friendly and very social pay rate was not the best but good inviroment to work for
Worst department store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 January 2018
The worst place I have ever worked in and I have worked in many department stores in the past. I dont reccommend working in house of fraser, there is never enough staff, people are rude, and there is a lot of bullying from the older staff. Avoid this place if you can!
Pros
Cons
rude staff, poor pay, poor management
Excellent workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa1 January 2018
House of Fraser is a wonderful place to work, the pay is good and your colleges will make every working day rewarding and enjoyable. The management are also sufficient and the wages are good.
Pros
staff discount 20% storewide.
Cons
temporary position
Good first job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead10 December 2017
Insight into the real world and its working environment. I have worked here for over two years and it has been a good starting job for someone who wants to work within the customer service sector.
Benefits
Cons
Odd hours
Workplace house of Fraser
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham5 December 2017
Was a good company and the staff were lovely but just such little pay for all the long hard hours especially over Christmas , then in January because customers don’t have money because it’s just after Christmas it is dead so it’s a lot of standing around and nothing to do after you have done your delivers . Not enough pay for what the jobs like .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours over Christmas and in general
Varied Day
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh5 December 2017
Everyday can be quite different. We have criteria to follow Kpi's to achieve and customer service to deliver. The delivery of Customer Service probably most important part of the role.
Pros
Staff Discount
Ok to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 December 2017
They seem to get temp jobs hopes up by saying they will be kept on after but I’ve never seen anyone kept on. But the management was good a pay was ok. Enjoyed my time there
nasty co workers
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim30 November 2017
I worked in House Of Fraser's Belfast store as a Christmas Temp sales assistant in the women's clothing floor. The pay was very good and the customers were very friendly. However, some of the other employees, especially the older women, were very nasty. There was one occasion were I was putting hangers back on a rail and one of the older women hit my hand quite hard because I was putting one item in the wrong place. Disgusting behaviour.
Pros
pay
Cons
employees werent welcoming, poor till training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 November 2017
I overall enjoyed working there it was always busy and the people I worked with were really friendly and everyone worked as a team. I would definitely work for house of Fraser again
Productive workplace
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire28 November 2017
the most enjoyable part of the work is to proceed the paymets at the tills. the hardest part of the job is to process deliveries into the system and upload them onto the pathfinder.
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Central London28 November 2017
House of Fraser is a British department retail store, I worked at the Kings William St. branch throughout the Christmas period. This experience was very useful in terms of me working under pressure with the busy period. I grasped the many skills needed with most retail jobs such as cash registry, stock take, discounts, labelling and most importantly handling and interacting with customers.
busy , leaning new skills all the time
senior selling support (Current Employee) –  victoria27 November 2017
good, leaning new skills, working has a team, working suppopting depth, leaning new technology. speaking to customers and helping them their purchase
Pros
busy
You need to be Passionate
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford24 November 2017
You need a passion for the products that you're selling otherwise the job can become repetitive, and to be able to handle difficult customers due to the target customers base attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House of Fraser. Our community is ready to answer.