House of Fraser Employee Reviews

Hard work and focus
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes14 July 2018
The job in House of Fraser implied a lot on physical work and i neede to be always focused on my targets. Each item needed to be perfectly packed, didn't mattered the size of it, no flaws accepted.
Pros
Easy to get a job
Cons
Long hours, hard work
ambiente lavorativo
operaio (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire12 July 2018
me ho piaciuto tanto , le persone piu belle e piu buone del mondo
Pros
perfetto
Cons
niente
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff8 July 2018
Miscommunication and poorly managed throughout the store, concession managers very out the loop and interference from floor managers. Store manager is very rude and aggressive towards staff, i had a few run ins that were beyond rude actually - disrespect
Pros
Floor managers pick and choose when they want to help
Cons
When you need help... the above
friendly environment
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Telford6 July 2018
very good company to work for. have online training system. 75% uniform allowance. 20% staff discount. time to time 50% on selected brands. friendly colleagues.
Pros
uniform allowance
Cons
working in public holidays
Terrible Company to work for
Customer Sales Assistant (Dents Representative) (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe1 July 2018
I worked here during the Christmas period in 2017, part time as I was undertaking my degree. Management at HOF has to be the worst I've experienced, I was treated appallingly and was driven out of my job position. I left as I had been bullied by staff with a high level of authority, at the High Wycombe branch. Under no circumstances would I ever consider working there again, nor would I recommend others to do so. The experience put me off working within retail.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Rude & disgusting treatment from female management
helpful and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire1 July 2018
working with customers to help them in their chioce of items. Giving advice in a friendly way so the customer always felt important and had good service.

Able to use the tills and keep work areas clean and tidy. Keen to work in a team and have good rapport with tems mebers and customers of all ages.
Good starter job
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading30 June 2018
Good starter job with a reasonably good pay. Many different roles that allow you to progress within the company. You can also juggle other responsibilities like school with the job.
Work Placement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey30 June 2018
I worked in the cosmetic department as part of one week work placement. The management was great in providing support and offering experience in different aspects of working there.
Mundane and repetitive
Sales Advisor / Sunday Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bath27 June 2018
Working with a quiet department store offering very little benefits, staff discount only accessible by signing up to the store credit card. Encouraging staff to get in to doubt especially with the extremely low salary.
very hostile environment
Sales Assistant and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Surrey27 June 2018
I really did not enjoy working here. The management was not and good as it could have been and the staff were seen as cliquey. I made a few friends but overall wasn't a pleasant place to work
Such an Experience
Brand Specialist, Bra Fitter and MasterCard Expert (Current Employee) –  Darlington26 June 2018
You become part of a family and are given so much room to develop. You become part of a family and its just such a fun and fulfilling atmosphere. you won't regret it.
Happy "Family" workplace
Senior Sales Assistant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chichester19 June 2018
Working for House of Fraser is a varied job role but the customer always comes first. Mornings start with deliveries and till opening ready for the day to begin. Allocating staff onto different areas of the floor to manage their sales.Going through figures for the week and day.
Everyone is treated fairly whatever their background and any issues are dealt with, whether that's home or work relatedI.
I think the hardest part of the job is if we are short staffed as there are some "high risk" areas that have to be manned at all times. But this does balance itself against the days when we are busy and well staffed. I think the customers make the days enjoyable as there are many that are regulars and you build a rapport with them.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Work Experience
sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey19 June 2018
Was only work experience but were very much willing to let me take on as much responsibility as they could give me. However often did feel like they were unaware I was actually meant to be doing work experience and would make me repeat tasks.
Great people
ASSISTANT BUYER BRANDED WOMENSWEAR (Current Employee) –  London18 June 2018
The best place to start off my buying career the people are lovely and really support each other across all teams. I learnt everything I needed to know to start off my career in buying from the amazing managers and directors who always have time for every employee
Avoid
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 June 2018
Long hours managent can't manage talk about one another behind their backs lot of was there only grit teeth for simple fact it was work but glad finally left!!!! Hof not a good place to work avoid!!!!!
Good experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 June 2018
Had a good time at first however as the managers kept on leaving the work culture kept changing which impacted the staff. New rules kept coming in place which destroyed the overall staff satisfaction. However I learnt various things whilst working their which helped improve my overall confidence, problem solving and team work skills. I also faced a lot of challenges which I am glad to overcome as everyone has obstacles within their career and the best way is to learn from it and move on positively from it instead of stressing.
Pros
good team members
Cons
poor management
Mixed Experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast13 June 2018
I’ve worked for a concession in HOF for almost 2 years (started when I was 17) and I’m currently job hunting to get away from it. I’m on minimum wage, I’m constantly covering others and doing overtime which is lower than my wage. I don’t get any breaks unless I work over 6 hours so 5/6 hour shifts are brutal and leave me drained and in a bad mood. There’s no room for progression - I was turned down for a supervisor role and they hired an older person externally. Depending on what area you work in, your holiday policy may vary - mine was that I had to book exactly a month in advance which is a bit of a joke. There’s been twice I’ve booked off and had to work due to being understaffed. The only good thing I could say is HOF staff are lovely.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Minimum wage, no breaks, holidays
Not Worth It
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon11 June 2018
management are snobby and unhelpful. After working there for almost 18 months I requested a smaller contract so I could attend university in 4 months time which was accepted. When the time came to attend university (4 months later) I was informed that I could not start working smaller hours for another 3 months despite the fact lesser hours had been discussed and agreed upon!
Pros
20% staff discount
Cons
Expected to work 11-13 hour days over holidays such as christmas and easter
Fun , productive and busy
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swindon10 June 2018
House Of Fraser is a very fun and busy company to work for, management is very fair and at a high standard.
I enjoyed every part of my job that includes dealing with customers , cash handling, stock merchandising and proccesing store card applications.
Phenomenal
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 June 2018
Helped me understand what is expected from a managerial role and it is where I learnt I want to progress as a manager. Brilliant place to work and very friendly work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House of Fraser. Our community is ready to answer.