House of Fraser Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting place to work
Customer Assistant (part-time Christmas cover) (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre18 April 2018
Great place to work around my college timetable and learn about fashion, retail environment and to start my part time career.

Great place to meet and socialise with new people and the general public.
Terrible!
Menswear Sales (Former Employee) –  Gateshead8 April 2018
The managers are bullies, and favouritism is on every department. The opening times are shocking and they don’t care much for the staff especially when you are ill. I would recommend for a part time staff member who’s at college or uni.
Cons
Managers, long hours and pay
Great Culture
Audit and Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom5 April 2018
This is a place where you can advance up the ladder if you work hard. A great culture with great people.

Travelling opportunities for those who want to relocate.
Pros
Advancement
It's ok
Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 April 2018
Long opening hours during peak trade, minimum wage. Staff love themselves, but it's a nice store. Great for a new member of staff to start out. Not great to build a career.
Pros
Nice place
Great Job For Student
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kent4 April 2018
House of Fraser was my first job, management has been amazing and completely understanding when it comes to balancing school studies and work.For an 18-year-old the pay is great.Working in such a large store promotes teamwork and communication skills. For me, the most enjoyable part of the job is having a large workforce as it means you can spend more time with customers to ensure they have a good experience in the store and you can help them find exactly what they need.The store I am in particular has staff across all age ranges and learning from other colleges experiences and knowledge has been really beneficial.
Pros
Great management and training
Fun and interactive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grays, Essex3 April 2018
I had fun working here as a Christmas temp. You get to meet nice people. If possible you can take longer breaks and hide in the stockroom if your too tired
Pros
nice people and fun as a temp
Cons
short breaks
review summary
customer service (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2018
House of Fraser used to be a very good workplacde but not anymore.But it has amazing product. Salaries are not very good and they dont treat their staff very well.
Pros
holidays
Cons
over stressed managers
Great for a first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street27 March 2018
House of Fraser taught me the difference between a normal shopping experience and a VIP shopping experience. I learnt how to go the extra mile to make a customer feel extra special & valued. I also had to become very independent at House of Fraser, I had to use my initiative a lot more as it was not encouraged to ask questions or depend on others but instead to make sure that I myself was well informed and up to date with current news & changes within the business.
Pros
Great area to work in
Cons
Very draining environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire25 March 2018
A typical day at work was selling fashion,going on the till and filling stock up.I worked alot on my own and also helped the House of Fraser staff.The worst bit about the job was not being able to find any staff to help,and the late nights..
Pros
staff discount
Terrible work place environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  House of Fraser - Chichester17 March 2018
Worked here for a while, just awful. Arrogant and insincere management! A culture of secrecy and bullying is rife, terrible reputation, don’t even bother! Wish I had known this before I applied to work there!
Pros
Cons
All of it - don’t bother
Great people
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire17 March 2018
Varied role. Love the job. Don't feel valued, a lot expected from you in return for minimum pay. Everyday is different as this role involves both office based work, shop floor support, manual tasks such as stock handling. Very unglamorous tasks such as waste disposal, recycling, fixing computers, dealing with general maintenance issues, everything to keep a big store running.
Pros
People, part of great team
Cons
Pay. Xmas hours.
First job and it was fun
Warehouse c/o - Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street16 March 2018
The days I worked here, as my first job, I learnt so much about retail and fashion. I gained all my customer service skills from here and went on not long after. I loved the friendly, young and buzzing environment. The benefits were good at the time not sure what it is like now but I suggest anyone who is studying or looking for part time job, this was once a cool place for me and I enjoyed and met some great people who I am still in touch with.
House Of Fraser
Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 March 2018
It’s a really good place to work for, it’s really good money and management see your potential straight away. But it’s time too look for an career and be interested in it more.
Pros
Discounts
Friendly Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall15 March 2018
I worked temporarily over Christmas period. The staff are incredibly friendly and the salary is very good, I greatly enjoyed my time at House of Fraser.
best store on high street
Deputy Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth City Centre, Devon13 March 2018
customer focus based dealing with deliveries and customers merchandising department to present product at its best.
learned every aspect of the job from loading bay checking in replenishment to merchandising and dressing windows to selling product.
strong management team to provide support and first class service.
good team work though out departments opportunities to progress.
balancing customer service and jobs.
merchandising and customer service
Balanced
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Domcaster town centre12 March 2018
Whilst working at house of Fraser I enjoyed working on different floors to broaden my horizon on work life, i enjoyed the customer relations on a day to day basis and working to a schedule.
Pros
Customer face to face
Cons
Was working for an agency
Caring atmosphere
Shop floor (Former Employee) –  Guildford10 March 2018
Good experience sadly I was too young to start working there as it was only work experience. This was a very good experience as I gained many skills and would love to continue working in a work space like this
good workplace
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  bluewater9 March 2018
a good and fun place to work, good management and colleagues. Enjoyed my time at House of Fraser and felt I was treated fairly and with respect by all.
very didactic, Friendly workplace, productive, Fun and fabulous working day
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Oracle Centre, Reading RG1 2AS5 March 2018
everyone was helpful and friendly towards me and constantly made sure I had something to do and that I was doing it correctly.
I learned all about customer service and having to deal with customers complaints.

Such a lovely atmosphere with some great people, the managers make you feel equal to them so you in turn respect them. Although sometimes you have to repeat things to them to get it done. People are patient with you and give you time to learn as well as not being to easy on you so you can develop.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Enjoyable place to work in general
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire4 March 2018
An enjoyable place to work with a friendly and cohesive team. Organisation lacks ingenuity to face changes within the retail sector - tending to stick with what it knows rather than facing new challenges by identifying new ways of working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House of Fraser. Our community is ready to answer.