Hotelcare

Hotelcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom185 reviews
Room attendant
To much work, very hard. :(
25 rooms /day 👎

8:00 am till you're finished

9ph

2 pH

Free meal

Good pay, but....slave working.

Maybe not for everyone.

Good team and friendly .

👍🏻
Working
I learn lot of think at work. I like to work with people and be close to the people and help or listen.I like to work in team,to management the time and the job.
Cleaner
Being a cleaner can be very stressful but it can also be fun, I enjoyed so much as I got along with my boss and I really enjoyed going into work . It could be easy if you make it easy.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your role here at Hotelcare. We aim to create an inclusive environment where our employees feel supported and valued in a driven but fun space!

Valuing colleagues is paramount for Hotelcare to succeed and this is something we will do, as our goal is for you to consider Hotelcare a great place to work.

We strive to provide opportunities for our teams to embrace different forms of growth, broadening their skills and knowledge at Hotelcare. If you are interested in any of progression opportunities please visit our careers page https://careers.hotelcare.co.uk/
not a great place
When i went for the interview i was asked how many hours i was i looking for and i said i wanted 8 am start because of the traffic and where it was at least 30 hours a week she seemed fine with that. The first day was four hours, then the next day was 3 hours, i asked whether i was going to be put on the rota and what shifts i was going to do. i can't afford to live on part time work. In the advert for hotel care it says permanent full time but clearly isn't some of these hotels are a waste of time. This is a zero hours job and someone else said they do cut hours so i wouldn't even apply for hotels personally
11 March 2020
We appreciate your feedback.
We strive to offer a simple and fair recruitment process. It’s unfortunate that you feel that the recruitment process you went through was anything less than perfect. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further, details can found on our website.
Terrible place to work
The job probably may of been ok if they did not have such a turnover of staff, which made the job really difficult, when there is not enough staff and there are lots of rooms to clean etc, it is really hard going, you are supposed to stop for a break, when i worked there half the room attendants didnt, because you were given far too many rooms to clean, and they have to be cleaned to a high standard, and pay attention to detail, which is impossible in the time you have to do all what you are given, used come out of there every day literally drained and dehydrated, where i was on the go all the time, just about enough time to go to the toilet. I would not recommend this job to anyone at all, most definitely not. Iwas only there a week, i have done lots of cleaning in my time, in busy roles, and managed to stick most things out if the job was not all that good, but this was impossible at this place. I was told on my training, a lot of people do a week-end there and do not come back to the job, obviously because they have had enough in that short time.
11 March 2020
Thank you for taking time to leave a review online.
All workload allocation at Hotelcare is based on Time and Attendance studies which are carried out in each brand and agreed with the client. This is constantly monitored to ensure that we can deliver the required standard of cleaning in a reasonable time.

As a Room Attendant you are eligible to achieve a monthly incentive payment which rewards quality output and we are working very hard to support the teams so that 100% of employees achieve this.
Great company with lots of opportunities
I have worked for this company for 2 years and You feel part of a family. It’s hard work but there is lots of development and they invest in you. I have learnt so much and now I’m being given an opportunity to grow to a supervisor.
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Terrible place don't do it!
Very poor management! They didn't care about their employees at all! They cut off the hours speak very rude etc. DON'T DO IT! It's a nightmare!!!!!!!!
26 February 2020
Thank you for your review and sorry to hear your experience during your employment with Hotelcare.We take feedback seriously and do have an internal complaint procedure. In order to investigate this matter, we will need further information. Please contact us via the contact details displayed on our website so we can assist you further.
Fun place to work
I have been working for hotelcare for just a few months and I have to say it is very rewarding. Very physical but it suits me and it’s flexible around my college
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Late departures
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

There is no fun about it
This job , linen porter , the title should change to slavery, 8 hours nonstop working so hard so tough and when they see you resting for five minutes they look at you as a criminal as if you had done nothing, so they want a robot just to work and work and work with no rest.

Hard work
Its hard work.nothing ever good enough
Too much expected from workers

Constantly changing staff

No support from managment just constant demands

Minimum wage pay..not enough!
21 February 2020
Firstly thank you for your review, all workload allocation at Hotelcare is based on Time and Attendance studies which are carried out in each brand and agreed with the client. This is constantly monitored to ensure that we can deliver the required standard of cleaning in a reasonable time.

productive and good learning experience
iv worked for hotel care now for 10 months and have learned a lot about housekeeping it is hard work on a daily basis but time goes fast and you get great satisfaction when rooms are nice and clean.there are long hours when busy or if someone is off sick but this is good as you get your hours in .I get on very well with all management and can approach them with any problem which is deal with quickly.all staff get on well and all work well as a team.hardest part is mis communication between reception and housekeeping staff which can make things very hard for us.i enjoy meeting different people in the hotel and also people who stop for a while you build up a friendship with which is nice also helping people in my job i really enjoy.
12 February 2020

Very poor company
Hotelcare is not looking for they staff ,
the employees from hotelcare are never getting any bonus or benefits.

Some of the managment team are really rude and indifferent to the demands of the employees, not a good place to work at all.
5 February 2020

Zero hour contract, when there not busy you dont work which is often
Zero hour contract which is only mentioned at the interview. Your lucky to get a full weeks work in with these as they will cancel you at short notice if they are not busy which is often because they have plenty staff with contracts. Also if for some reason they dont like you they will cancel your shift for this reason also
Review
I had a good experience with this company , no complains regarding payments , supportive as company , you can develop yourself with them help. I recommend them .
Stressful and Mentally draining!!
Not a very good company to work for. 0 hours contract which was not advertised and not mentioned until interview. Hotel I was based at had very poor management. Supervisors have horrible attitude towards staff some felt so harassed they ending up crying. Very high staff turnover several people started and left within a few months myself included. Constant harassment about finishing earlier than allocated time. 24 mins per room and is calculated from the minute you clock in but allocated time does not include any time to gather your work stuff ie chemicals, room sheet, stock trolley or even a toilet break. 20 min break deducted whether you take it or don't. Incentive is not worth it if its even if you can achieve it!!!
Pros
Free lunch on shift
Poor staff
Poor staff treat you like skivvies they look after there own and take advantage of you as a individual avoid staff are vile people and wouldn’t recommend anyone to take partly in there work
supportive management, great opportunities
I have worked for the company for two years now and can say I have had great carer progression, and a supportive team around me. I would recommend if you are looking for a fast moving carer.
Productivity and good place
Have good staff in site and this see helpline my to do the best. Have the best HHK help al the people and in the same time very good Manager an all the team is the best including the general manger
An amazing employer who values their employees
Best company to work for, you can learn a lot here , lots of opportunity to progress.
The people and work environment are what make HOTELCARE a great place to work. Everyone that worked here are super friendly and driven.

I will recommend to anyone to join the Family
Housekeeper
Treated oky
Nice staff

Money could be better

Leas rooms to do when were staffed good but then if someones off then u have some of theres which can put u behind if ur not careful.
productive
Start at 9:00 till 15:30
i learned how to organised everything

i like to work here.The hardest part of the job is the packaging

I like to visit diferent people and working whit as
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
low vages