Hotelcare Employee Reviews

Hated the workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire13 June 2018
Do this at your own risk. Was working for this company for only 8 weeks and had to leave. Poor management skills, poor pay, get treated like a piece of junk, slave labour. I've even done a supervisors job role 3 times and not once was I appreciated for what I have done as well as never had the proper training. Been having constant arguments with the head housekeeper. Poor everything.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, poor management, lack of communication skills.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 April 2018
Have been with the company for a short time but already know I made the right move. Great training and everyone is very supportive and always there when you need them.
Good Company with Future Prospects
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands27 April 2018
Good Company to work for with prospects of promotion and development
Has had a major change of management that is professional and with good future prospects
Pros
Flexible work...good company car
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Great company
Floor Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire27 April 2018
Im so pleased to work with amazing staff and professional and friendly people 'round me.
I believe now they should focus on development of the people there so they can improve there motivation.
Pros
Correct payment, Professional development, Friendly and helpful people.
Cons
minimum wage
Excellent company to work for!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland25 April 2018
Ability to work autonomously and manage own time. Friendly, helpful colleagues willing to share their knowledge and expertise. Fantastic support network from head office to Ops managers in the field, and to staff at the numerous hotel locations. Staff are valued and their achievements are recognised. Great team spirit.
Pros
Opportunities for development, at all levels. Friendly, helpful colleagues. Team spirit.
Cons
A company in positive change!
Operations (Current Employee) –  UK22 April 2018
This company is under new leadership and is changing fast! Lots of ideas and energy allowing you to be involved and also influence things which is great.

I have seen many people promoted within the last 2 years and there are opportunities for everyone if you work hard and want to progress.

The culture is also changing with more reward, recognition and praise being given.
Pros
Career Opportunities
Cons
Hard work at times
Workplace
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 April 2018
There is always an opportunity to be able to grow, always paid on time with no problems. The staff and management are always willing to help you. We are one big family!
Pros
Team work, reliable, good wage
Cons
Hours
Hotelcare is changing
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 April 2018
A company changing with the times , striving to provide the most current update systems, connecting HO with the employees at the hotels.
Nice environment to work in.
A friendly understanding management
Always updating with new government guidelines
Pros
Some flexi time with my start / end time
Positive, growing and ambitious
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 April 2018
If the above sounds like you then you will like working here

I think the business has taken a huge turn under the current new management and have worked tirelessly to both resolve historical issues and to put in place a structure that ensures both the success and future of the the company and those who work for it.

In my time here I have yet to see an apathetic approach to challenges and issues. They are geared towards not only making things better but making Hotelcare a leading and desired place to work in.

There are many new, energized individuals who have come on board making loads of positive changes that ensure Hotelcare are a rewarding company to work for recognizing hard work and talent whenever and wherever possible with various financial incentives and rewards.

Most importantly its a big family so we look out for and after each other.
Pros
Rewarding talent, nurturing talent, recognizing hard work
Cons
At the moment I cannot see negatives
Hotelcare
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2018
I started off at Hotelcare on a work placement program in 2017 as a recruitment resourcer, working within such a dynamic, energetic and encouraging team, helped me to develop the skills I needed to become a recruitment coordinator within Hotelcare.
It’s a great place to progress.
Pros
Energetic team
New Starter
Recruitment Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2018
I have been working at Hotelcare for just over a month now and as a new starter I have felt very welcomed. My induction process allowed me to sit and meet with the different teams in the company and I also had the chance to visit some of the operating hotels. The team I work in are very supportive. The staff in the head office are friendly, relaxed and are hard workers. I am excited for the prospects of my new role.
Amazing place to work
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2018
I have been with the company over 2 years and have seen the company go through major changes. I must say that I strongly believe the company is at the best it has been since I started. A massive emphasis has been placed on staff, Reward and Recognition and growing the business with the right people. A great place to work and love being a part of the Hotelcare family.
nice and friendly staff
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff10 April 2018
I work at Hotelcare in Cardiff and l enjoy my job all the staff are nice and yes it's hard work at times but very rewarding my manager always thanks me for my work well done xx
Huge opportunities for professional development
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  IBIS PRESTON NORTH10 April 2018
I am working for Hotelcare already 5 years. I started from Room Attendant position after 2.5 year I am working like Head Housekeeper.
What I like at my company?

*possibility of development
*good training platform
*team work between of hotel
*support from head office/ Operation Manager
Amazing company to work for!!!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire9 April 2018
Worked for them twice and love everyday. The team is amazing and they progression is fantastic. They support you and want the best for me and my team. Can not think of a better company to work for!!
Pros
supportive, caring, positive
Satisfied
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire8 April 2018
I have had no issues with company since I joined.
Yes, it can be tough working with productivity, but all companies have their productivity to achieve regardless of what you call it. I find that the support from managment is excellent.
Great company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire1 April 2018
I have been with this company for more than 3 years now.
In the beginning wasn’t such a great place but now all the management team are making this company better and successful. I believe that there are only bright days ahead.
Everyone is supportive and you are given opportunities to develop in the industry even if you don’t have any expirience.
Pros
Trainings and support provided, flexible hours
good place to work
Public Area Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon31 March 2018
I am already 1.5 years in Exeter and I really enjoy working with this company. great head housekeeper, amazing team work, good work atmosphere and free lunch
Productive workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire26 March 2018
I am working here as a room attendant almost one year.. it was hard on the beginning, but after training I learned easiest ways of working.. very helpful manager, friendly colleagues, flexible working hours.
Fun
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire25 March 2018
it was fun, really good experience, I met lots of nice people... Management was fine, great people and out going friendly and that what I enjoyed the most

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotelcare. Our community is ready to answer.