Hotel Chocolat Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Featured review
Hotel Chocolat selected this as a representative review
Lovely place to work.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear13 June 2019
Management are great and very supportive. Lovely environment to work for with a great team atmosphere. Management are flexible with what I can work. I have also learnt a lot whilst working here so far.
Pros
Staff discount, good management
Cons
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Neots18 October 2019
Quite Ok, not a bad place to work but there are better places. Gone down last couple of years, too much pressure on people. Company is growing from year to year but not enough equipment for that amount of work.
So wanted to give five stars!
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury1 August 2018
I have absolutely loved working for this company, I love Hotel Chocolat’s ethos that customers always come first and have loved that as it suits my own values and I can be my self and do whatever I can for customers.

Every day is different and if you have a great team behind you it can be such a great workplace. I’ve learnt so much from Hotel Chocolat and have learnt so much about myself and leading a team during my time here.

However, there seems to be no progression within this company as they tend to like to hire from outside and not within. This is a real shame because I absolutely loved working here and in a great team, but due to being offered a management position elsewhere and no progression within, I’ve had to move on.

My advice to head office would be to listen to employees like me who love working for you and really wanted to progress but couldn’t!

I would happily work for this company in the future and would recommend working for them. I’d recommend before applying here that you are willing to work hard and understand that the customer always comes first, therefore you are able to demonstrate high customer service skills.
Pros
50% off products, 35% off cafe products, Friendly team
Cons
No Progression Within Company