Hotel Chocolat Employee Reviews in Royston

Featured review
Hotel Chocolat selected this as a representative review
Lovely place to work.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear13 June 2019
Management are great and very supportive. Lovely environment to work for with a great team atmosphere. Management are flexible with what I can work. I have also learnt a lot whilst working here so far.
Pros
Staff discount, good management
Fun place to work
Creative retoucher (Former Employee) –  Royston, Hertfordshire3 September 2018
A typical day would be for me to carry on from where I had left off on an ongoing job the previous day. If I was facing challenges I would normally had worked it out in my head how to tackle it before coming into work.

I have freelanced and have work for numerous design agencies both big and small, the workflow is normally different from agency to agency and that is always a good learning curve and a challenge that provides me the experience to be confident to be able to adapt quite quickly to any working environment.

Managing my time is very important especially when there is a lot of images to work with. I normally try to get the most urgent and ones that require more work first out of the way before tackling the easier jobs.

Most of the time the working environment is relaxed, airy with a music in the background, people with a down-to-earth friendly attitude also does contribute to the day going quickly without feeling the pressure of the work but still being able to keep to the deadline.

For me the hardest part of the job is having to wait for jobs to be signed off when facing a tight deadline. Once the job has been presented, it is no longer within my control - so waiting on the other party is always the challenge as changes can be made in the last min.

The most enjoyable part is to be able to complete a job well before the deadline is up. Once approved I can look forward to the next job and get started. Being kept busy is good after all I do this job because I love it and enjoy working with images.
Pros
Healthy lunch from the canteen at a fraction of the price
Cons
Whenever am not driving commute takes long especially if I miss the train
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Royston8 August 2016
A brand with lots of ambition, with a desire to grow and very good owners. Entrepreneurial approach which can sometimes mean they make mistakes, but with good intentions. Exciting fast paced place to work with some great staff.
fun work place
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Royston3 February 2016
working in packing is really fun if you have the right people with you. Although working on a production line you can still have a laugh with others whilst getting the work done
Pros
free chocolate
Great as a stop gap, poor pay
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Royston18 February 2015
A young friendly team. You are given the power to make your own decisions and the business' generous policies make dealing with customer complaints easy to deal with.
Not much opportunity for progression. Abysmal pay.
Diverse, innovative, fast-paced and energetic.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Royston, ENG26 August 2013
I have worked on concepts through to finished artwork across a variety of print and web projects. In my current role I am the lead designer responsible for creating and managing all digital assets to support affiliate, email, social media and website campaigns across their highly successful digital channel. Most recently the brand has expanded with various sub-brands under its belt including new beauty products, cocoa cuisine, the hotel in Saint Lucia, restaurants and caf├ęs. Obviously this has created a giant wave in my workload resulting in the employment of two younger creatives under myself. I enjoy the development and managing the assets from our new creative direction.
Pros
Working in a team of fun, innovative designers in the studio... and of course the free chocolate!!!
Cons
Low salary.
Exciting fast growing company
Sales Ledger Administrator (Current Employee) –  Royston, ENG31 July 2013
A very exciting fast moving company. Hotel Chocolat have now over 70 shops in the UK as well as USA and Europe.
The chocolates are all made in Huntingdon.