Hotel Chocolat Employee Reviews in Huntingdon

Featured review
Hotel Chocolat selected this as a representative review
Lovely place to work.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear13 June 2019
Management are great and very supportive. Lovely environment to work for with a great team atmosphere. Management are flexible with what I can work. I have also learnt a lot whilst working here so far.
Pros
Staff discount, good management
temporary
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon1 April 2019
I have learned how to stand at a production line completing a variaty of tasks; demoulding, packing , wrapping , making boxes , cutting bouble foil into squares with a knife.
Mini Poland
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire5 February 2019
My experience of working here was horrid, none of the staff spoke proper English and got ratty when you didn't understand what they were saying, only work here if you can speak fluent Polish and like working with pricks who can't even train you properly
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
Slavics
Fun
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon15 June 2018
Good work with staff one for all, all for one friendly people . Low solary for high requirements times will be heavy working and hot working from day.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Solary
Fast work place
production worker (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire4 April 2018
Work in a demanding environment. A great emphasis on independent action. Different jobs from working on a belt to preparing ingredients for production according to a strictly defined recipe.
good workplace
Food Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire28 March 2018
i'm part time working here mon and tue only when my husband have day off. i have a child so can not do other days because of shift pattern. shift pattern is 6-14, 14-22. i'm looking late shift pattern around 18-2.
Factory is close to home no need travel.
Good staff.
Good place good people
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon7 February 2018
picking and packing products in good atmosphere.No pressure. Good and funny management. Hardest part of the job was low temperature inside warehouse.recomended
My experience with Hotel Chocolat
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire3 March 2017
My typical day at work included:
Filling work papers, adjusting machine settings, ensuring all production materials are available, moving stock, reaching company's KPI targets, dispatching orders,

I've been working in a good team only my supervisor was always unhappy even when the targets were over 100 %

My machine was very old and most the time was broken so the hardest part of the job was to find for people some other job at the time when the machine was not working.

The Most enjoyable part of the Job : chocolat
Pros
I've got an experience with working on the machine
Cons
Not a place I could say I was proud to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon8 November 2016
Unfortunately a few bad apples ruined my experience of working here. Such a shame as these people are dragging the company down
Pros
Good chocolate
Cons
A few undesirable coworkers
nerijus knasas
Central preperation CP general operator (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon29 July 2016
well i realy like driving so i need driving job im friendly like talking nicle with peoples
in Hotel chocolate i bean dunin chock taste in central preparation room i like that job jus for my possition salary bean to small
Productive and fun place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon22 April 2016
Typical day at work is good because every day I learn something new. I operator job in the factory I sing papers every day and I learn how to pack different products what needs doing on it to make it better also I know health and safety rules and I know what I need to do if something happens, but most I have learned from my work experience. I have phone skills have a good customer service skills as I have been talking to some customer and it went good. I know how to use Microsoft world and PowerPoint.
Authentic and Innovative Company
Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon16 April 2016
Working for Hotel Chocolat has allowed me to grown and explore different aspects of the business.

I have learnt a great deal working for them and admire the work they do in their engaged ethics program and their massage of "more cocoa, less sugar"
Pros
Great atmosphere and team
Cons
When a chocolate doesn't work out
factory work.
Factory operative (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, ENG20 January 2016
not much to say - working in a factory is monotony and does not leaves you tired all the time. do not recommend this. tyeu also have changing shifts meaning you work 1 week on mornings and another on evenings, sometimes may come inhandy when planning something - doctors or meeting with friends
lots of free chocolate
Quality Technician (Temp Contract) (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon24 September 2015
A good place to work, fairly varied duties although a bit routine at times, co-workers good and supportive, learned a bit about chocolate making, company open to new ideas, the management fairly relaxed.
Pros
free chocolate
Cons
none to mention.
Nice and good workplace
QA (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, ENG25 August 2015
Well managed company with perspectives. Nice and friendly workplace. Opportunities to progress. My directors are very approachable and easy to talk to.
Worst place ever!!!
Picking/Packing (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, ENG21 August 2014
Never go back there.Must of workers polish people who not speak English.Do not respect other people from different countries.No any job culture.
Work hard and fast
Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon7 September 2012
Hotel Chocolat company is a great place, I enjoyed to work together with English people, but worst ting was attitude from Polish team leaders.
Shift work, you come in and fast to work- do the same work till lunch, and after that- stay on your feet, doesn't matter that your back hurts.
I was pregnant, and that was my worst work experience ever.
Not too friendly co-workers