Host Staffing Employee Reviews

Straining but broad job opportunities
Bar Staff and Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2018
Great for people looking for those extra hours of work, but too straining to have as main job. Although not great pay it was always well managed and straight forward job duties.
You meet a lot of different people and get to work on skills of how to work with different personalities, and gives a range of work experience which will come in handy when applying for future jobs.
A great start out for, for example, students, looking for that first job.
Pros
Exiting events
Cons
Long hours and physically straining
Fun and Productive
Temp hospitality Roles (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 October 2018
I really enjoined working whit Host Staffing,because you get to go to new places meet new people and get great experience,great management and just really lovely people to work whit
Bog-standard temp work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  London14 August 2018
Flexible hours and usually very nice managers and teams, but stressful low-paid work and no guarantee that you will get jobs. Host often cancels shifts at the last minute with no explanation. They also change the hours of the shifts on the day.
On one occasion, I was told that my wage had been lowered from £8 per hour to £7.50, after I started working. We are not allowed to keep tips. We get free lunches, but sometimes our lunchbreaks are unpaid.
Fun and easy shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 June 2018
I worked at Host Staffing for a year. The shifts vary from working as a barista to wine waiting, so it's ideal for anyone because you can choose which shift is suitable for you. I never had any work experience before working with Staff, so if you are looking for a job that does not require experience, why not apply to work with Staff Hosting.
The best part of the job is that you meet new people on your shift, the staff are very friendly. You can choose which shifts you want to suit your availability.
You have to make sure you're in the correct uniform and are on time for your shift or else they will send you home!
I would say the hardest part of the job is knowing when your next shift would be. There are parts of the year when it is not busy but around summer there are lots of events going on such as the Summertime Ball and so on.
Pros
Working at concerts and football matches
Cons
Short notice of shifts
Fun and exciting work place
Behind the bar (Former Employee) –  All over London24 September 2018
working for host enabled me to meet a wide range of people every time i worked a different location. The majority of my work with this company involved a lot of behind the bar work which I found to be my favourite part of the hospitality business
Interesting and new
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Being able to receive hours based of my schedule made it easy for me and my busy studying life. Being able to go new places and meet new people everytime made it fun and interesting to be at work.
Fun and very open to when you want to work
(Part-time (Freely) (Current Employee) –  London30 July 2018
I enjoy working with Hoststaffing as i am able to work within my personal schedule and i enjoy meeting new people at each job. Event opportunities are also a plus
fun work
Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Allows you to work at lots of cool events throughout London, big or small. You get to work alongside great people with pay varying, the minimum being around £7.50.
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Not as much guidance given when needed
flexible work
Waiter & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London5 June 2018
Great opportunity to work at some exciting events in and around London. Work environment is usually quite good which can make work a lot more enjoyable.
Never work for them
Bar Staff / Server (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 July 2018
I have been with this them for over two years, they have revamped and changed their name many times.

I wonder what they are going to name themselves next, the telephone number never changes it is always the name. These agencies have no loyalty to you, so never feel bad for cancelling a shift or missing a day of work to find a better job.

They are honestly the worst agency, they like to cut hours and recently lie about paying staff. They are fond of cutting pay and blaming staff when they do not get paid. The only benefit is they pay every ten days from the Sunday you work, so I would get paid on Wednesday.

The staff are not nice especially when you call up for work, they treat you like you are worthless. Sometimes hostility even when you are being nice, always be on time if you work for them because they like to overbook staff for one event and send people home early.

They like to change prices of shifts when you originally apply, depending on the number of people that apply it goes down.

There was a position for V.I.P waiting /bar the price per hour for the shift was nine pound fifty, when I checked again the price went down by two pound.

They rarely pay £9.00 a shift unless they're desperate like when they need last minute staff in London.

ALWAYS take pictures of your job card when you work for them, they tend to lie about hours when you go to access your payslip via. email and deny that you worked these hours.

The recruitment day is a group interview when they invite you to the office, they make it like you are going to do plate-waiting but that
  more... is not the case. They claim it is on the job training when it is not, so on your first shift you do not know what in regards to how to pour a pint the right way.

I would recommend going on other agecnies they have decent paying jobs. For instance if you work at some football grounds you get paid ten pound twenty an hour,other jobs prices may differ.

Also with these agencies make sure you CLAIM your holiday pay, agencies are meant to give it to you, so always call up and ask about it. If they tax you too much money, you can claim it back with Tax Refund in April of every year.
Pros
Occasionally a lot of shifts
Cons
If you cancel one shift they black list you, they have favouritism and filter who can see what shfits on the app.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wembley Stadium9 April 2018
I always stick with Kingdom of Sweets because I think it's a nice environment, well organized and easy to work for.
The manager is really easy going and makes you feel welcome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Host Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

Host Staffing Reviews by Location