HOSPITAL OF ST JOHN & ST ELIZABETH Employee Reviews

Productive, challenging, interesting
Co-project Lead (Former Employee) –  London15 May 2019
Lovely Hospital dedicated teams, thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Quite a few upgrades to building and the services over my time there. oldest charitable Hospital in the UK.
Pros
Good restaurant for staff and visitors and is used by consultants as well.
Cons
Any Clinical operational role will involve long hours, but accepted as part of job.
Good management and in house training.
Ward Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2019
I worked with a brilliant team, the Ward Manager and nursing staff on the stroke unit. Liaising with the other departments and other hospital staff was very good and all very professional too. Everyone was so supportive and pleasant. Ample in house training was always available. I felt that I had an input in the daily running of the ward and felt valued by the team at large.
Pros
Training provided by the hospital
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St Johns Wood, Greater London13 March 2019
During a typical day at work I will be picking up calls and also helping face to face giving them directions of where they need to be. I will also do all the admin work required for that day including consultant room hire charges, updating the system with the information of patients admitted, updating the screen so that patients know which floor their consultant is on for outpatients.

With this role I have learnt hands on experience with confidential information and how to deal with it. I have also learnt PIMS which is a software program which covers a lot of detail about patients and consultants. I charge the consultants via PIMS for the finance department to acknowledge and produce invoices.

The managers at HJE are really good and they have been a major help to me. I have loved working with them.

The workplace culture is very good as it is a catholic hospital with a chapel within the premises.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with arrogant patients and trying to help them. Sometimes if they are not listening to the advice that I provide them I will ask my colleagues to help. If they don't listen to my colleagues we will take it up to a more senior level.

I enjoy my job and I enjoy working in this environment. I love helping the community and doing charity.
Friendly place
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Shooters Hill21 September 2018
I was only a voluntary worker so I don't know the benefits of a permanent employee earning a salary but my time there was enjoyable and easy. The hardest part of the job was managing the hours around my daughter as she was young and in school but the job in itself was very easy.
Not my favourite place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Johns Wood, Greater London24 April 2018
It was definitely not my favourite place to work, the CEO at the time was not very professional and was subsequently dismissed from his role after I left the company.
Productive, enjoyable, great environment
Outpatient Diary Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2018
Hard working environment, friendly faces - patients and staff.

Constant progress throughout the hospital - great place to work, or start to build your career.
Private Healthcare with strong moral values
Interim Credit Control Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 September 2017
An interesting and enjoyable work environment with an emphasis on patient care, both revenue and non revenue generating, as the organisation is a registered charity.

Process improvement efforts delivered immediate benefits to the department and organisation overall which was commended by senior management.

Overall, the culture was very caring towards all patients and supportive of all staff members.
Pros
Good work life balance
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 September 2017
"i'm interested because of my cousin who is already getting job in London.

"For me its enough that I blong to Pakistan"
So please guide a procedure.
Lead General Radiogapher (Former Employee) –  London, UK19 July 2017
One of the leading providers of private healthcare in the UK. We were trained and encouraged to provide nothing but a 5 start service for our patients. Is a busy hospital but not to the point of the NHS, which allowed you the time to focus on providing for your patients. Highly patient care driven. Charitable organisation. Beautiful historic building with an interesting history.
The best part of the job were my colleagues, a really great bunch of people!
Brilliant place to work .
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. John´s wood18 April 2017
Like many jobs comes with a lot of pressure and responsibility but is ultimately rewarding to see patients leaving with a good impression.

Lovely staff and management though not many opportunities to progress within certain departments.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
Health insurance
un lugar con potencial
Front of House Manager (Current Employee) –  Londres28 March 2017
me gusta trabajar alli pero estan muy retrasados en muchos aspectos y hay gente que lleva muchos años y no esta dispuesta a cambiar.

He aprendido a llevar varias recepciones localizadas and varios edificios y tambien un centro de llamadas. He aprendido mucho de al parte clinica del hospital.
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
no hay areas suficientes para los empleados tipo restaurante etc
Lovley hospital to work for
Out Patient Administrator (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2016
A typical day in this role.

Arrive at work and set up for clinic, get the list's ready and petty cash tin out the safe. Meet and greet patient's registering them and sending them off to the nursers station before they proceed for their appointment's. Collection of payment once treatment or consultations are over and booking followup appointment.
Productive and fun workplace
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG25 November 2015
A typical day for me starts at 7am and finishes at 8pm. I work LD'S but every day is different. I would say the hardest part of my day is making sure that the doctors start on time and making sure that patients are well looked after and happy with our service. I do a lot of admin as well including stock control, signing patients in and out and liaising with medical secretaries and make sure doctors have the relevant notes for each patient. The team is amazing and work together very well.
It is a very good place to work.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  St John Wood, London14 August 2014
I have learned everyday with my job role and also the hospital managers gave me confidence of how to give the best service to customers.
A great place to work, to learn and I can say as well: To live.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
There are not many benefits
First line experience in the field of sport medicine
Observer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG27 January 2014
The increasing popularity of scuba diving and growth of commercial diving has increased the incidence of decompression illness (DCI). As more people of varying ages and fitness dive more often, helped by developments in technology to go deeper and for longer, then doctors will see more cases of this condition. At the Hyperbaric Chamber specialists see many cases of DCI in divers who have observed all the rules and stayed within their tables or computer algorithms, but still develop DCI. The London Diving Chamber offers assessment and treatment for DCI is free. Patients are normally assessed soon as possible after getting in touch, and treatment normally begins immediately if DCI is suspected. The first treatment is the longest one, with subsequent shorter treatments on following days. These continue until patients have full resolution of their symptoms, or there is a "treatment plateau". After each recompression, doctors assess the symptoms of patients. When the treatment regime has been completed, doctors recommend a certain time away from diving and book a review appointment before individuals dive again. If other problems are suspected as the cause for DCI, doctors arrange for further investigations before that particular person can dive again. The most enjoyable part of this experience was the introduction to the general workings of a hyperbaric chamber, while the hardest part was to continuous training on its maintenance.
Pros
Intro into the world of marine medicine