Hopscotch

Hopscotch Employee Reviews

A very great place for work experience. Everyone that was there was very supportive and friendly.I felt really comfortable working there with no experience with children that are not my family.
Pros
friendly
Cons
hard to travel to
Owners dont have a clue, the business closed within a year. They have zero experience and wouldnt take my 17 years into consideration. There was so much potential for the business and their expansion was too quick.
Always lots to do and lots to learn in a kitchen like this one. The two sides of this coin are as follows: on one hand you will be exposed to all sorts of new produce, dishes, and technical skills, which will be with you long after you work here. While you work here though, you will constantly have to figure things out on your own, because as like in most kitchens, there is just enough staff to make it through the day.
Good place with regards to infrastructure management is good things are pretty organised 5 days leaves in a month after 3 months while everything seems to be ok.
The work was good ,we had to do the rectified every problems related with products And gives the stock recieving report to the company partners also the reports of RTV reports to the company partners.
Great place to learn not only in your field of expertise but also learn about other processes. They are, however, stringent about leave and WFH policies.
The owner is a very friendly and wonderful person who cares about her employees and is professional, respectful, honest, easy going and pays very well.
It was good experience. Directors were good, supportive and energetic. They have broad vision for their brand. They were supportive towards team members. Overall company environment was too good for females.
Great environment to work in . Great people to Take care of and serve . Made decent money depending on the time of year. Great team members that are willing to help . The owner is amazing .
The people were friendly and knowledgeable at the task that needed to be done. The product was interesting and fun to work on. The company however, has shut down.
Pros
Free Snacks and Breakfast
Cons
Company no longer operating
Don't even bother wasting your time here. Management sucks they can barely send us our cheques on time, which were literal cheques not direct deposit ?? This place has a high turnover rate because no one does anything so everything is a mess! Working here was gross and customers frequently got mad at us for things we couldn't control; such as not having certain ingredients in stock, or price increases with less product, and removing several ingredients from our menu. Management failed to give us employees our tips aswell! They also didn't give us our T4's. Their money management is truly terrible. Only work here if you'd like to get shortchanged. Coworkers were ok there was quite a bit of butt heads among many coworkers. Also they've since closed down many locations so...it seems like business isn't doing too well.
Cons
No hours
Effective Feb 4, 2019 Hopscotch will be permanently closed for business. Prior to that Hopscotch was a good place to work and had a good workplace culture.
Pros
Cool Office
Cons
"Boys Club mentality"
Poor management and organization, just don’t work here. It’s equivalent to h*ll Managers don’t know how to manage. Hired untrained staff and put untrained staff members to work. I was never trained correctly.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Underpaid, no breaks, unfair work environment, bad working conditions, poor training, unsteady shifts
The owners are super annoying and they do not know about business.Also,I had worked in one of their location and all supervisors are my manager friend and they get more hours.So,if you are not friend from someone else,you’ll never get good position.I gave my life for the company working free sometimes to help the company and they just didn’t anything else to help us and just close drown the downtown location and firing everyone.That is how hopscotch works, friends and bad business plan.

Unfortunately,if you guys think about apply for that company,it’ll be my advice for you!
Pros
50% off for food
Cons
A good place to work for freshers.You can learn a lot of things here.There is no work stress and Shift Managers are very helpful and couraging.They always help whenever you need and motivate you.
The owners put all their effort into the Toronto locations and leave everyone in the London location to struggle. They often don't pay bills leaving us with no food or drinks, we had to close on many occasions because we had no food to serve. Customers are constantly yelling at us for things we cannot control and the manager is often only in from 10-2 every day even though she is scheduled from 8-4. High staff turnover rate
Pros
discounted food
Cons
poor trainig, understaffed, bad owners
It was a good experience to work there. The management was good and the location was downtown so there were points in the day where it would gets busy but we would be able to handle it as we worked fast and efficiently together as a team.
Good work Place. Work environment is good. Learned a lot and good management.There is proper team work, co-ordination, motivation and training at all levels of work.
Pros
Good work Environment
Cons
Work pressure
J'ai été impressionnée par l'implication, la concentration et la qualité du travail d'équipe des professionnels.
Pros
locaux spacieux
Cons
horaires
Good Company to work. Sometimes lot of pressure, Work schedule is little bit hectic. Every day approvals of apps. good exposure of new things. Good place to learn new things.
Pros
Good company to work
Cons
Lack of Stability in work
I got to learn lots of new things here. Work culture is good. Management is okay. I learned here elastic search. No dress code. You can approach anyone easily