Hoover Candy Ltd

Hoover Candy Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews
Featured review
Hoover Candy Ltd selected this as a representative review
Hoover Candy Group is a great company to work for. I currently hold a business development/ sales role at their new head office in Warrington. What I love about the company is even in the most challenging of moments there is a great team around you that supports and encourages. The leadership team are approachable and drive an inclusive culture that makes everyone feel not only accountable but very much important- you are not just a number at Hoover Candy.
Pros
Amazing culture
14 January 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. I’m really pleased that you enjoy working here. As a business, we are keen to continue to engage and inspire our employees, so your comments are great to read!
Working at Hoover Candy is a different exciting challenge each day. I have been in my role for 6 months and have never worked in such a happy, friendly fun environment, the staff are hardworking and all work as a team to help each other. The managers are very approachable and helpful and if they are unable to answer a query they will go above and beyond to find the answer. My training was done at my pace and not rushed, so that i felt comfortable and confident to perform my role. The best part of my role is welcoming customers in to the office and meeting new people.They have a great team of staff called the social committee who arrange fun events for the staff and challenges to raise money for charity. Every day is an exciting day in the office. We have dress down Friday and the best coffee machine ever in the beautifully designed eating/relaxing area.
19 May 2020
I thouroughly enjoy working for Hoover Candy in the Warrington Head Office. I was made to feel really valued as an Employee when I started and they have supported me well ever since . I enjoy working with my Colleagues and although we are very busy there is a great atmosphere between the staff in the office. Had no regrets whatsoever since I started as I love working at Hoover Candy.
31 March 2020
I have been with the company a while and seen massive changes within the structure, not only the management but on the procedures for the employee welfare and the Maintenance of the building. Everyone hates change and this is a current issue. More work is being ploughed onto the CSA’s with no additional benefits, we have floor walkers that have been with the company 2 Minutes as the staff turnovers huge. Staff retention is poor due to no one receiving regular one to ones, the only feedback received is criticism and managers not wanting to help when problems arise with customers. The work life balance is shockingly unfair!! Some get to work Monday-Friday only- some one weekend a month- while everyone else has to work a Sat or Sun (family friendly???).
8 April 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback. It's a real shame that you are not having the positive experience that we would like whilst working here. We have taken on-board lots of feedback from colleagues about what would make them feel happy and valued and as a result we have enhanced what we are able to offer our Customer Service Advisors; we have increased our base salary; recruited a number of additional Contact Centre Team Leaders, and Service Excellence Coaches to focus on engagement, coaching and career development; worked really hard on ensuring we have a fantastic social committee who engage everyone in fun activities and incentives; improved our environment and to top that off everyone still gets free coffee, tea and fruit. To further support our colleagues, we also have a fantastic EAP scheme which includes access to financial well-being advice, counselling services and a host of other useful information. I would encourage you to speak to you manager so that we can try and work together to ensure that you have a positive experience.
I have worked for Hoover Candy for a year now so feel I am able to provide a balanced review on what I have experienced since joining the business and how I find the culture and working life at our Bolton Contact Centre.

The working hours allow for a good work life balance and the on-boarding process delivered from our recruitment team is excellent and has continually developed since I have joined. All of the staff are really friendly and supportive of each other and their team, which is why everyone has achieved such great success over the past year. It’s clear to see that as a business Hoover Candy are passionate about and proud to be an inclusive employer who source candidates from diverse groups of people and backgrounds, with many of the team living in or around the local community. My own manager and team are amazing and massively supportive of me and each other, I genuinely enjoy going to work every day and grateful for the team I work with. I find the senior leadership team to be very engaged and collaborative who openly welcome my feedback and suggestions.

I feel lucky to have joined when I did and be involved in the transformation of the Bolton Contact Centre over the past year. There was only every one goal in sight and that was to improve the customer journey and the employees experience by investing in engagement and developing processes and people to achieve their best. Due to rapid business growth and customer demand, there has been major financial investment injected into in the business requiring the Contact Centre to adapt in response. This
 - more...
Pros
The people, the culture and convenient hours between 8 am & 6 pm
Cons
Boring and repetitive. Overcrowded and gets very warm and then window is opened and then too cold, old building with old metal windows and dirty sills.Managers keep leaving and atmosphere is poor, staff always complaining about how they hate the job. No incentives and always having to deal with complaints about poor quality products that keep breaking down. Conflicting views when it comes to exchanging them.
6 March 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you are not having the Hoover Candy experience that we would hope for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well-being are key priorities for us. We are committed to improving our facilities and working environment, which can be evidenced by the substantial investment that we have made in upgrading our contact centre and the continued refurbishments that are taking place. We are aware that we have had a lot of changes within our contact centre as we continue to develop and improve the operation. Within any changing environment, there will always be challenges and opportunities however we always try to ensure that staff feel happy, fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. I would encourage you to speak to you manager so that we can try and work together to ensure that you have a positive experience.
They don't care you are a number. The managers slag off employees on the floor in front of everyone.
No progression , if your face fits you automatically get given a better role in resource planning. Roles not advertised.

Call center managers do nothing to support. Awful place to work.

Resolutions manager is horrible and doesn't help whatsoever.
This company is unbelievably shocking. At the minute - all the old team leaders/manager has left and in they have brought a barrage of bullies. Currently there is a team leader who reduces her staff to tears. The managers sit and gossip about the staff in plain site. The job is extremely stressful and there is zero incentives. Major changes are needed.
6 April 2020
Update: We have taken on-board lots of feedback from colleagues about what would make them feel happy and valued and as a result we have enhanced what we are able to offer our Customer Service Advisors; we have increased our base salary; recruited a number of additional Contact Centre Team Leaders, and Service Excellence Coaches to focus on engagement, coaching and career development; worked really hard on ensuring we have a fantastic social committee who engage everyone in fun activities and incentives; improved our environment and to top that off everyone still gets free coffee, tea and fruit. To further support our colleagues, we also have a fantastic EAP scheme which includes access to financial well-being advice, counselling services and a host of other useful information.
17 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you are not having the Hoover Candy experience that we would hope for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well-being are key priorities for us. We are aware that we have had a lot of changes within our contact centre as we continue to develop and improve the operation. Within any changing environment, there will always be challenges and opportunities however we always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. I would encourage you to speak to you manager so that we can try and work together to ensure that you have a positive experience whilst working here. We offer a variety of incentives for our colleagues and are actively increasing our engagement activities via our Social Committee.
Went for an interview. They tell you that if you visit a customer you have to use whatever parts are on your van, regardless if they are the correct one or not.
When you go to their training you are in a farmhouse B &B, often sharing a roo.
17 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you did not have the positive Hoover Candy experience that we would have hoped for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well-being are key priorities for us. We always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. We have a full commitment to providing the best service to all our customers. At interview stage, all Engineering candidates are made aware that we run a comprehensive training academy which does involve some time away from home. We do this to ensure that our Engineers are fully equipped with the required skills, tools and training to be fully competent in the role. As we grow and transform as a business, we will continue to invest heavily in training and support for all our employees.
I would not recommend working here

No incentives!

No performance reviews!

Penalised if you do something minor wrong!

Low pay!

Management choose who they like and who they don’t!

Hours are NOT family friendly!

In the space of six month the contact centre manager has left and a few team leaders it’s a horrible job
17 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you did not have the positive Hoover Candy experience that we would have hoped for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well-being are key priorities for us. We are aware that we have had a lot of changes within our contact centre as we continue to develop the operation. Within any changing environment, there will always be challenges and opportunities however we always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. Our contact centre is open between Monday- Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm, meaning that there is no late night or early morning working for our advisors. We have invested heavily in ensuring that we have more coaches and team leaders available to develop our employees. We also offer a variety of reward and incentives for all employees across the business and as we grow and transform as a business, we will continue to review and improve our compensation and benefits package.
6 April 2020
I have only been with the company a short time. Onboarding is excellent, my colleagues offering support and a point of contact prior to joining if I had any questions made me feel part of it before I even joined. Simple things like a card in the post wishing me good luck in my new role. My first week was really well organised and planned out. Day 2 out on the road with a Service Engineer - honestly one of the best days I have ever had! I arrived to a note book, pen, water mug, coffee mug, and a mobile phone charger. Whilst this may not seem much to some, to me it was. Not all companies supply things like this and for me it is the small touches that make you feel part of it. All this along with fruit baskets delivered twice a week and free hot and cold drinks. Twice since I have joined we have had food delivered for all the staff, curry and pizza - what is not to like. Good work life balance supported by the opening hours and whilst we work a 1 in 5 weekend, 2 days are given back either the week before or the week after. In my previous role when it was my weekend on call it was a straight 12 day run.

The people are really warm, friendly and approachable which always helps!

The company this year will be going through lots of change - for the better! I am really excited to be part of this journey and being part of a team that will lead and implement the changes that are needed. There has been lot of movement within the management structure over the last few months, however, we have now completed our recruitment drive and have in place experienced managers who
 - more...
Pros
Everything mentioned in my review
Cons
none at all
If you like hoarding you'll love it here as your house becomes a storage unit and for free of charge. You work late with no support and also for free!
You are made to go from a engineer to a cowboy as ordering parts for the job isn't allowed as hoover don't like second visits so you have to fudge every job. Accused of stock going missing and being told daily your a liar.

Also having to lie to customers about their appliances as you haven't had sufficient training on the appliance. Ive never worked at a firm where you have to learn all the management rather than how to fix machines. Can't leave the company for 18 months as you'll be charged £1800. Ive had better training on how to do a paper round. Constantly harassed to cold call in someones house on buying an overpriced washing machine cleaner. there more bothered about selling a washing machine cleaner than fixing someones machine. They try and get you to get rid of their commercial waste as in empty card board boxes. you become the tracker of the vehicle as you have to input all your journeys in all to save them money. Have a day off ill and you have to ring the customers up and tell the why you won't be coming to fix there washing machine. never worked for such a huge company before where your bullied daily.

The technical support department shut more than open. Full tools given I was told all mine were rounded off rusty and didn't have all the tools needed to complete the job.

Fuzzy logic more like chuckle vision!

If you've failed to read this then you're more than likely to start at hoover and soon realise all of
 - more...
Pros
Cant think of any Pros, apart from starting here being honest to becoming a liar to customers
Cons
long hours, house turning into a warehouse, doing all free admin for them for no extra pay
14 January 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you did not have the positive Hoover Candy experience that we would have hoped for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well being are key priorities for us. We do appreciate that we have a culture which rewards hard working individuals, as you have noted with the achievable high salary level, however the workload should never be unmanageable. We always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. As we grow and transform as a business, we will continue to invest heavily in training and support for all our employees.
I work in the Contact Centre. Let's start with the elephant in the room, 'Change'. Yes, the company is changing, but what isn't always apparent is the reason for the change. The main reasons for the changes are that in the past, the processes that staff follow to ensure consistency simply didn't exist. This has had an impact on the customer experience and the employees who want to give the best service possible. In the past, the employee journey hasn't always been the best, with differing management styles, disjointed training and a lack of coaching/development. In my opinion, this provides some clear rationale for implementing change.

So what has changed?

From the time I've worked at Hoover Candy, I've seen them bring in a diverse and experienced management team. There is a clear message that they want to take a fair and consistent approach to the management of all employees and provide a supportive environment which delivers results and a great customer experience.

I've seen them invest in coaching and development with the staff, even going as far as to bring in a professional coach who has been spending time with advisors to help them achieve their potential.

I've seen the management team dealing fairly and consistently with people who have had poor behavior in work or simply not turning up for their shift. Ask yourself, if it was your business and you were paying people out of your own pocket, would you let that happen?

I've also seen them employ trainers and coaches who are in the process of improving the staff induction and supporting with the ongoing development
14 January 2020
Hoover has gone down hill i worked there for 3 years in the end I had to leave for my own sanity.

Management structure changed and in turn has unfortunately made the place unbearable.

I dont think you will find one agent who says they love the job or get paid for what they do.
14 January 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you did not have the positive Hoover Candy experience that we would have hoped for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well being are key priorities for us. We are aware that we have had a lot of changes within our contact centre as we continue to develop the operation. Within any changing environment, there will always be challenges and opportunities however we always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. As we grow and transform as a business, we will continue to invest heavily in training and support for all our employees.
Been with the company for just under 6 months and there has been a lot of change during this period. Change, I might add for the better. This change is much needed to help transform the call centre from Average to Great in the coming years.
It’s a call centre with the primary job being to handle the calls however we deal with customers via email/social media etc.

Winter time is busier than Summer and the team here are always looking at ways to tackle the number of calls arriving to help reduce the stress on the current employees. However that being said there are times where call volumes can be quite high and it seems like everyone is trying to ring through at the same time. That’s the joy of working in a call centre. If there were no calls would the company even need us? Every call is an opportunity to deliver the best service that we can.

Recruitment has been rife to bring in a management team that care and are passionate about the work they deliver and can bring about this change and the recruitment drive is continuing to bring in the call centre staff so that the demand of customers can be met whether in the call centre or out in the field.

Managers were in short supply at one point over the last 6 months and those managers that were here have worked their socks off to ensure that there is as much support given to their staff as possible. They have worked tirelessly to try and make it feel like we weren’t short staffed in that department and their hard work is greatly appreciated.

We’ve even recruited experienced coaches who are there for training, call listening
 - more...
I suppose it depends on which role you get as to whether the job is good. The sales teams have it easy. better pay and all day surfing the internet. Contact centre staff are treated poorly. I made it to 8 months before quitting and I don't know how. A typical day is wall to wall calls with enormous call queues as the department is massively understaffed. There is literally no time between calls and all the calls are very similar. Either customers complaining about the poorly manufactured items or customers complaining about the failed repair done on their poorly manufactured item. Managers avoid speaking to customers at all costs and as the engineering team is understaffed - spending all day sorting out their mistakes, you are having to ask customers to wait weeks for repairs, leading to further irate customers. In fact the contempt the company has for their customers is astounding. I have genuinely had to tell a mother of newborn twins she had to wait a fortnight to repair a known fault on a five week old washing machine. Which leads to the next point. Many of the complaints are down to the fact that the machines are leaving the factory with known defaults (door locks and damaged drums mostly). Rather than recall faulty products the company has decided to let people buy them knowing that when they call in to complain they can be sold service plans that they should not need as they are under warranty. Leading to the next issue. Despite the role being customer service, the company cares little for the level of service and a lot for the plans they greedily ask to be pushed on - more...
6 April 2020
I joined hoover in hope of career progression. I attended a 5 week course and could not fault that at all. Having been in the industry for a few years I still learnt a lot there. The issues very quickly surfaced when I was out on the road. 11+ calls a day was hard when your main focus was to sell products. Another big problem was having parts delivered to your home address. Hoover very quickly took over my house. It came to an abrupt ending when I couldn’t take the stress any longer.
14 January 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback about working for Hoover Candy. It’s a real shame that you did not have the positive Hoover Candy experience that we would have hoped for whilst working here. I can assure you that all employee comments are taken on board by our management & leadership teams and that staff engagement and well being are key priorities for us. We do appreciate that we have a culture which rewards hard working individuals, however the workload should never be unmanageable. We always try to ensure that staff feel fully supported and can approach managers with any concerns that they have. As we grow and transform as a business, we will continue to invest heavily in training and support for all our employees.
Honestly the management is terrible, nothing is done right, everything is everywhere, others mess up, you get the blame even when your trying to do right, managers have left recently, well atleast most of the decent ones, things have changed there, its just the worst place to work, the only thing that kept me so long was collegues, they made it so much better, then again, still just not the place to be, not to be ran that way. Wage is terrible for all you do, your on 16k, its way too low.
6 April 2020
As a white goods engineer, you are home-based and your work is sent to you along with any parts to your home address so it is up to you to make the job your own if you enjoy working from home and enjoy being out and about and have a good electro-mechanical background this could be the job for you.
Work load too high 11+ jobs per day, with travel time you will be lucky to work less than 12 hours per day, but get paid for 9. Company always pushing for more, no training on new equipment ranges, forced to sell cleaning products that don't actually work.
The pay was good 30k is achievable but you will have to work many hours.

This job made me stressed and depressed, I told management multiple times but they did not help, eventually I had to leave as I was unable to take the pressure any more
Pros
Reasonable well paid if your good at the job
Cons
Long hours, lots of pressure no work life balance
At my time at Hoover Candy I have been surprised by the positive working environment that is so rare these days in corporate offices.

I have saved hundreds of pounds on commuting fees with the free onsite parking and enjoy the healthy lifestyle promotion within the company with free fresh fruit daily and discounted gym membership for the gym next door to the office.

Whilst being a professional climate, Hoover Candy offers lots of staff engagement events which keeps employees morale aloft.

Would really recommend!!