Honeywell
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Honeywell Employee Reviews

United Kingdom229 reviews
Good clean conditions and hard working team. Health and safety was very important to the company. Working benefits was good with both pension system and shares available
I am employed through agency and enjoyed my time there

Working on line

Different aspects of the job

Management where very helpful

making sure everything was up to standard

I enjoyed working with the people as they where all very friendly
Brilliant
I enjoyed working here. It's relaxed as long as you can do the work there are no problems. Work life balance is good too. Highly recommend Honeywell as a good place to work
Management changed but great Business to work for
I was a filed service technician and enjoyed my time at Honeywell great set of engineers. There was management changes towards the end of my time that contributed to why I left the business.
Stressfull and no value to employees
Honeywell in principle is not a bad place to work. The benefits are great.

Though if you want to progress, this is difficult. The company is based only on what the statistics say and management does not support improvements and or changes. It is a just work day to day place. Don't think you will make a difference. If you are in a good place with your boss or manager you will get promoted. Not because of your skills and capabilities.
Standort Newhouse drückt auf die Psyche
Kein einladender Ort. Altes Werksgebäude und Büro recht dunkel. Kein interessantes Angebot für Mitarbeiter.
Challenging whilst rewarding
Varied activities - solutions-led. Core values well presented. Needs to become more customer focussed as seem to have lost that focus of what’s important to the customer rather than internal quotas.
No longer a good place to work
Was employed as an assembly operative making electrical smart meters.

The work itself was light and clean, but much of the test equipment was very dated, never maintained and forever breaking down, which made for a very long and frustrating shift there. The shifts themselves were regular eight hours stints, with two paid breaks.

The management there was always very poor, but place was okay till Honeywell took over the business from Elster, then the place rapidly went on a downhill slide, both culturally and work wise.

It was already a fast paced environment, but Honeywell really tried to ramp it the pace, which was hampered by worn out equipment, poor ergonomics, incredibly poor planning and constantly running out of parts. You'd rush around like a mad thing one day, but end up twiddling your thumbs the next day when the parts ran out.

Be aware that Honeywell are completely obsessed with charts, procedures and control mechanisms to the point where they become an absolute pain. Many people that had worked there for twenty years plus suddenly started leaving as Honeywell kept making undue requirements of people and at the same time Honeywell themselves started laying key people off. Made for an unpleasant atmosphere there, that just kept getting worse.

Unless you like working in places that set ridiculously high targets, continually being put under pressure whilst expected to work with rubbish equipment, enjoy a bullying culture, given virtually no training and a management culture that thrives on blaming everyone except themselves, then give this place a wide
 - more...
Demanding
Unrealistic expectations from management - constant conference calls - enjoyed working with the people within my team but poor leadership from above. .
Pros
lunch allowance
Cons
poor leadership
Stay away from Motherwell, Newhouse
Bad management. Not enough time for launch.

Help is non existent

Poor to reach

No support and you get fired in no time and being escorted out the building. Carry a laptop all around Glasgow etc...

Would not recommend. It's another zero hour contract job

Bad management
Terrible & Stressful
Drastically understaffed & rudderless . Direction seems to change constantly driving huge waste . Strategy seems conflicting throughout various departments
Not bad, not great.
Pay is ok.
Management could be alot better.

No progress for anyones career.

Huge divide between permanent and agency workers.

I feel the management lack leaders.
Easy work, poor management
Easy to pick up the way the job works. People you work with are ok but the supervisors are lazy, only let you progress if you are a favourite and have bad attitudes.
Pros
premium rate for late shift
Cons
Poor management
I haven’t worked at the company for a few years, but when I did it was a lovely place to work, friendly, would recommend to anyone of a younger age who wants a stop gap.
Fair friendly with opportunity to progress. Good working hours (no weekends). Excellent salary plus benefits. Various training available.
Safe environment to work in, strong emphasis on health and safety.
Excellent culture
Great place to learn and progress, working in a continuous improvement environment and in a matrix structure, networking with your peers across the region and globe.

Recommended.
I have no comments
I have no comments to make regarding my time at Honeywell the project was fair and reasonable. Long days my conteracte was for 8 hours and most of the time I was working 10 to 12 hour unpaid.
Productive and relaxing place
A good working place . I make a lot of training course . Nice working team.
Not a stressing job , have a lot of overtime , A easy job if you are a quick learner .
Global Teams, lots of dispersed teams, use of technology to collaborate
Global Teams, lots of dispersed teams, use of technology to collaborate.
Lots of staff turnover.

Many opportunities for advancement, but you have to be self-sufficient.
n/a
my day to day job activity can be repetitive and un stimulating, career progression can be staggered however management do value their staff. We could do with more training options.
not good place treat people very badly
not a good place to work no support by management through personal crisis very stressful disjointed un trusting environment in which to work, treat Staff very badly
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7K