Honeywell Employee Reviews

What you can say
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset31 May 2018
I’ll tell you a true story from Honeywell where I was working for about 1 year and few months and they offered me to became permanent I did all the paperwork and a test Wich was positive and that man told everyone the result wich I know its a bit confident.after few hours they did me another one wich was negative and they told me to go home and I’ll receive a phone during that day to see if I’ll go back . And now the funny part , they call me. And told me to come back to work , obviously was the end of year of month and of the quarter a very busy month and short staff . I was the oldest one from my team with the most experience .after few weeks I receive another mail wich they was. Saying my first date like Honeywell employee will be 1st of the month .and after another 2 weeeks they send me another email to tell me is not anymore 1st of month and in 4 day they kicked me ..
And the last thing if if the fist test was positive why such a big multinational company used me for almost 2 months instead of kick me out from the first time
not bad
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newhouse30 May 2018
it was a long while ago but company were fine, the company are long gone now but it was ok to work there and it wasn't much money even in the 90's for the work you did
Summary
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire27 May 2018
An excellent work place, great facilities, excellent co-workers, great culture. Professionally demanding, challenging.
Lack of initiative, drive, motivation.
Hardworking but fun environement
Project Leader IT (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire9 May 2018
My job was to move Honeywell entities from legacy system to SAP.I worked in the FICO (Finanace and Controlling) module. When on site at the local Honeywell factory it was long hours but fun. We had a good team
Pros
Varied work across Europe.
Productive factory
Process Owner (Former Employee) –  Hungary8 May 2018
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world’s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization.
Administrator and production work, which included daily production planning, ordering materials from the warehouse; using the SAP program every day.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Productive and dynamic workplace
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Motherwell30 April 2018
Dynamic and fast-paced multi-language working environment, promoting specialist training and continuous improvement. Customers are the first focus for the order management and customer care teams.
Pros
On site canteen, large parking area, on site occupational health assistant and First aid team + 2 defib units
Cons
I was only agency so no advancement
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Helsby24 April 2018
A large company that seems a bit disjointed, not very good at translating forward planning to workforce practically, always chasing orders at the end of each month.
Pros
Nice people, easy job
Cons
No advancement
Clean and organised site
Controls Electrician (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke16 April 2018
Door entry and access control install carried out without any interference from other contractors.
Managed by Honeywell control engineers helpful when called upon.
Pros
Local to my address site well managed
Cons
Manually demanding
A Decent Employer
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire16 April 2018
I worked for Honeywell Controls for some ten years and found the management to be extremely poor. The work was steady but consistently poorly organised , poorly managed which meant projects fell behind and therefore you were under continuous strain to complete tasks after delays.
The management were uninterested and technically unaware and the general feeling was that as Honeywell were such a large company you were simply a number and not recognised for any additional effort and sacrifice you made to ensure the customer was content with the work being performed. We were promised rises and Job Advancement would be made available but this never materialised.
There general policies on Employee were almost comical and that you were indeed not graded on your performance but by how well you managed your relationship with your superior.
Pros
Steady employment and good working hours.
Cons
Dead end job where your treated as a number and not regarded with any value as a person.
Some good, but absolutely no loyalty to the workforce
Commercial (Former Employee) –  Bracknell26 March 2018
Great if your face fits but as soon as they have what they want, you're dropped like a stone. Management is patchy at best & often the so called managers are full of their own importance.
The culture ends up as being strictly 9 to 5 as when people are asked to stay to push a job through, they oblige to suit the Company - but when the workers ask if they can go an hour ealy following the extra time they've put in, the line managers note "no, people are to stay for core hours". On that basis, no-one is willing to stay beyond core hours.
Despite committing to the work, you never rise above just being another number.
Really good company to work for
Avionics Test and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke13 March 2018
Being a contractor I didnt really have any job security due to the nature of contracting. The canteen is subsidised and the food is really nice. The employees are very god to work with, friendly and accommodating. Some managers are "jobs worths" and go out to find issues with people in other departments rather than fix their own department. Most workshop managers are great and have a wide variety of experience.
Pros
Subidised canteen, accommodating to time off etc. friendly
Cons
Some managers arent welcoming or friendly
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire27 February 2018
Well organised , good for development.
Very professional organisation .
A good place to work with high morale and a working culture which benefits all in the organisation.
Pros
Good benefits and working hours.
Great experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Various26 February 2018
My career stated with Honeywell and at this time the Management was totally employee engaged at every step. Any issue you could go to a manager at any level and seek advice and guidance.
Pros
Good employer/employee culture
Professional and organised
Principal Hardware Engineer / R&D Leader (Current Employee) –  Lewes25 February 2018
A professional organisation with well defined procedures, however this can be frustrating at times as there is plenty of red tape.
The people are the glue that keep things together in most offices.
Pros
Proffessionalism
Cons
lots of red tape
Too large to change
SAP European Manufacturing Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire19 February 2018
Normally work independent of other IT managing an offshore team in India
Outsource resources are good but have no business sense and can not prioritise what needs doing next. Spend most of the day going through mistakes they have made the previous day. Senior management are more concerned about cutting costs than understanding what the business needs. Disaster recovery is very poor and the IT president delivers presentations that no one understands. He is a bit of a joke really.
Helsby Honeywell
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Helsby, Cheshire18 February 2018
Alrite current worker through agency
Orderpicking worked here 9 months on agency no contracts but get 23 months on agency if your a good worker no absences etc overtime at time 1/3 1/2 sat so not bad money

An overall good place to work probley one of my better jobs I've ever had and I've had maybe 15 I'd say it was in top 3
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No contracts
Formerly a decent, fair workplace. Not any longer
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire9 February 2018
Honeywell has never been the same since migrating from American control to Switzerland.

I've been wishing to leave for some years now.

The quality culture has changed so markedly and no longer places the customer first.

Our business is being transferred slice by slice to the new site in the Malaysian Peninsula, presumably where the workforce is not as expensive and the counter effect of this is a downsizing in the U.K.
Good Company to work for in apperarance, but very different in reality
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset2 February 2018
Worked at the site via an agency on an initial 3 month rolling contract.
Following an efficient and satisfactory introductory brief by my line manager on day one, things began to rapidly descend into a number problems ranging from an unavailability of equipment in order to complete the job, to disjointed training for the product being contracted to build and test. Overriding of all however was the virtually non existent company computer work assist and tracking system that was difficult to acquire on a daily basis. The management were often noted for there absence due to a seemingly endless number of meetings apparently in need to be attended. Most of my work colleagues were very easy to get along with, but jaded individuals. little job satisfaction and often left at the end of the day feeling both frustrated and unrequested.
Due to a lack of predicted work flow across the site, it was announced that virtually all personnel on agency contracts were to be given a weeks notice, myself having only worked for just 5 months. Not a recommended company for contractors.
Pros
Clean, modern, and tidy workplace, Some overtime available.
Cons
Very poor computer system work aids, chocking business suit politics.
Honeywell Global Tracking
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury29 January 2018
Good place to work but is tied to a dying network (Inmarsat D).
Can't sell products when the network is EOL!
There is a small team remaining to support the network until it is switched off.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Network is EOL 2020
easy going to work collegues
Production-Technician (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 January 2018
the company was safe to work in all areas,production was controlled in all aspects.the people that I work with and corresponded with was experienced in process operations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K