Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 152 reviews matching the search See all 6,743 reviews
Not a good Environment
Contact Centre Principal Leader (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 December 2018
Sorry, theres not much I can say about the organisation, I was there 4 years and this was one of the most stressful environments I have ever worked in, micro management was very much the word of the day.
Management within in my organisation was not people focussed, they were driven by results that impacted their bonus, with no real care for the people and the stress they put them under, I was held responsible for the high attrition rate , it became a kpi towards the end of my tenure, you just cannot keep people happy if they are in a stressful environment, they have had two managers in my role since I chose to leave nearly 12 months ago, theres an underlying message here, consider any roles here seriously before accepting any offers.

Honeywell as a company are a good , however the operation where I worked was not a good place to be.....
Pros
Cons
Stressful Environment that became unhealthy at times
fun workplace
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire3 December 2018
had to be accurate and think ahead dealt with numbers accuracy and time management As my team was working hand in hand on daily basis with the warehouse we have to make sure we follow health and safety rules.the hardesf the business every last Saturday of the month every quarter
Pros
free Christmas Lunch
Cons
Sunday overtime
auto mechanical
AUTO MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Ilfov26 November 2018
this job offer me a lot of opportunity, learning a lot about the job: electric, electronics, mechanical and all the rest. The team was friendly and the management was supportive
Pros
paid overtime
Warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  St. Asaph, Denbighshire26 November 2018
Nepotism and favourtism is rife which leads to a culture where the professional and skilled are the ones who suffer.

Honeywell have equality practices in place but I have not seen area managers uphold or review these. Sad to say but if the top site manager is a 'bad apple' then most follow suit, most likely through fear or like minded egotism.

I cannot count how many of the good managers either left or were made redundant. Avoid like the plague until the culture changes and they remember how to treat people equally.
Pros
Cons
Good people to work with excluding management
Good opportunity for development
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, United Kingdom8 November 2018
Honeywell has provided me with continuous opportunities for development and advancement. I had the opportunity to choose what roles I wanted to apply for and was able to move locations repeatedly during my time there. Working in HR doesn't lend itself to a "typical" day, but generally would allow for meetings with business leaders, employees, project work, and focused time for work. They are a conservative company with multiple levels of approvals for everything, which can be cumbersome. Employees are unable to work from home on a regular basis, which is a difficult sell for prospective candidates. Salaries within HR are very competitive, and HR has been a strategic function for several years.
Pros
Strategic HR organisation, opportunities for development
Cons
no homeworking, large complex organizational structure
Team work excellent.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh30 October 2018
Team work is essential within Honeywell. Ability to work alone i also an essential part of the typical day.. Management team have good work ethics and progression within the company is good.
Pros
Overtime is paid well.
Cons
No permanent contracts offered.
Packing
Temp Packer (Former Employee) –  St. Asaph17 October 2018
Worked here on the agency traveling 40 miles a day. job very boring.
Colleagues very helpful and friendly.Management not around when trying to find if in on next shift.Went in 1 day and told not needed. Agency didn't ring my new phone. Useless as traveled 40 miles and no work.
Pros
Canteen facilities
Cons
Not open when on afternoons/lates
Focused on profit not people
Operations Manager - MoJ/PwC/QinetiQ/Energy (Former Employee) –  Nationwide3 October 2018
poor company to work for, attrition rates were awful as were working hours and expectations. Historically a great company to work for however this has recently changed
Don't do it to yourself-do not apply
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Asaph, Denbighshire15 September 2018
Very poor company to work for. Depressing environment with a few loyal employees being massively underpaid and under appreciated. Friends of management promoted and elevated in positions beyond their skill set. Most true skilled workers have been forced out through poor pay or have now retired.
Pros
Cons
Just don't apply to this company
5 years
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire4 September 2018
Bad pay, and feels like and office monkey,.
Positive is good redundancy package , no support and bad management
Most people are just local hard working job, but you need to negotiate your salary upfront. otherwise same people doing the same job, get different pay
Good people, interesting projects, constant change
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  UK29 August 2018
Good experience available crossing geographies and functions to provide interesting opportunities. Lots of business change all the time with more dramatic impacts over the last couple of years which has led to lots of uncertainty.
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Newhouse29 August 2018
Only leaving the company due to redundancy .I have enjoyed working as part of the Sales Team and the management were always willing to help and discuss any issues openly.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Redundancy
Welcoming, clean, excellent H&S
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Asaph, Denbighshire17 August 2018
This job is good! Friendly place to work, clean light and airy, good variety of tasks to do throughout the shift. Various shift patterns to choose from: Day shifts as well as rota shifts. Plenty of breaks, 2x 15 min and 1x 30 min. Ongoing temporary work via agency
Pros
Breaks, variety of tasks, various shift patterns
Cons
Poor pay via agency, meets NMW / NLW, but can increase after 12 weeks
Large, respected company
Business Analyst - HPS (Former Employee) –  UK10 August 2018
Large multi-national company, but sub-divided into lots of smaller business units and functions. Limits how many people you actually work with directly.

Good working relationships between lower-level staff, but upper management seem to view employees only as replaceable assets, with little value placed on experience and knowledge.

Probably a good place to work for engineers & salesmen, less so for the support functions.
Cons
Long hours, benefits being withdrawn, expected to be contactable even when on holiday.
interesting place to work
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Romania30 July 2018
good organizational culture, with a powerful brand.
New leadership making deep changes- transforming Honeywell into a software company
usually highly experienced managers
Pros
powerful brand culture
Cons
work life balance
Nice working enviroment
HSE & Facilities Administrator Executive (Former Employee) –  Whitstable26 July 2018
The multifaceted role focuses on monitoring and controlling all HSE matters, including ensuring the complex security procedures when receiving guests to the office are adhered to, completing the detailed safety checks in-line with the policies, checking that no leads are dangerous and that plug switches are off when not in use, and inspecting the lab tools for wear and tear. Additional duties include attending weekly meetings with HSE Analyst to report any HSE issues, update weekly office worksheets on projects people have worked on, which are entered these onto an excel spreadsheet, update any recharges to other parts of the company, update the latest USD rate, purchasing of stationary, keeping stock levels up. The role has also included the duties of updating the data for satellite navigation systems, which are utilised in aeroplanes and helicopters.
I learnt about how the data is loaded into aeroplanes for navigation purposes which were interesting. Small office with a variety of characters which made a good overall working environment. Mangement was fair and understanding, most enjoyable parts was doing a good job to my best ability.
Cons
Productive and personal life balance.
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 July 2018
Work is good and learned lots of new things which i don't know previously.
Management is cool, we are happy to work with stakeholders they encourage the developers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Sprint period
Really enjoyed my time here
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  various15 July 2018
Started as a mechanic and worked with some great blokes. Had a few promotions and the majority of people I worked with always tried to do the right thing and ethically.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Some of the managers
good workplace
Typist (Former Employee) –  Cheadle Hulme28 June 2018
Was an office junior working alongside the secretaries and typists. Learnt to mature. Management especially one secretary taught me many skills. Workplace culture was a great learning curve for myself. Hardest part of the job was getting used to working in a working environment as this was my first full time job since leaving school. Most enjoyable was learning all the skills required for this environment
Productive workfoce
Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 June 2018
Company that looks after his employees. It is a company that gives its employees the opportunity to fully use their skills and competence to perform their job as long as the employees achieve the aims within company,s guidelines.