Homeserve Management reviews

I felt I was left out and push out the team
Plumber and Heating Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 October 2018
Unfair management and felt I was told to leave the company for small mistake that I made after all I done for HomeServe. I was told walk out I really felt angry inside but left in nice way
Planner (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 September 2018
it is alright to start with, however if you face doesnt fit they will do everything they can to get you out the door! if you can click with the managers you will be ok
always the cheapest option
service engineer (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire17 July 2018
no idea of distance between jobs, when you explain that you cant work and cover that distance you get a call bullying you into doing it anyway'
i learned that support staff dont
management was poor
work place culture is only at offices, as an engineer you dont have any,
hardest part of the job was being ignored when you flagged up a problem,
most enjoyable part of job, pay day
Pros
hollidays
Cons
working here
Met some great people.
Senior HR Business Partner FTC (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands23 June 2018
Long hours, hard work, little recognition.
Learned about the financial services industry and more about risk.
Management were disparate.
Outward facing fun place to work, reality was long hours and hard slog.
Hardest part of the job was the hours.
Best part of the job was the relationships I built.
Pros
An opportunity to get experience in the financial services industry.
Cons
Work life balance poor.
20 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Good luck in your new role.

Old ways creeping back in
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands21 June 2018
Day to day the people are fantastic at the middle Management downwards however, as you go upwards unfortunately the old ways are creeping back in and Senior Management has lost touch with reality and their Colleagues/ Employees. There is a lot of turn over in the more recent year plus multiple redundancy trenches which is a shame as the business was doing so well in the UK. Overall this Company was a great place to work but needs a shake up at the high levels to bring this Company back to greatness.
Pros
The People
Cons
Loss of Customer Service
20 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and for recognising the fantastic People.

Homeserve
Service Operations Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands4 April 2018
A really customer and people focused business.
They have a fast pace of change and have expanded quite significantly over the last 4 year.
The working day is flexible and as long as the work is done.
The executive management are very good and are leading the business in the right direction.
7 June 2018

Nice review, thank you very much! And for recognising we're a Customer First business!

No loyalty to staff
CSR (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands30 March 2018
If you’re looking for a long term job with security, then look somewhere else! You will not be valued, you will be looked on as a robot and monitored as such, and when push comes to shove, when they’re done with your services, you’re out the door by whatever devious ways they can use!!! HONESTLY as an over ten years employee trust me, DONT give them your time or loyalty.
Pros
Not a lot
5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry to read that you didn't feel valued, however what you've said doesn't sound right and I'd like the opportunity to learn more about what made you feel this way.

Please feel free to get in touch

Justin

Justin.barrett@homeserve.com
Director of Sales, Service and Customer Relations

Not a bad place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire28 March 2018
Decent place to work, people are good, management can be sketchy and I feel as though I've been lied to for quite some time in the run up to redundencies around the business.
29 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We have announced some necessary changes recently. It is very hard for the People potentially impacted by these changes but all the way through our focus has been on making it the best it could possibly be for them.

It's difficult to respond to your comments regarding management without further context. I'd appreciate the opportunity to learn more and so if you'd like to speak to somebody further, please get in touch.

Aaron Ali, Director of Internal Operations.

Joke
Deployment System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Banbury24 January 2018
What a diabolical place to work
No care for their staff or customers.
Only care about making money and being part of "the click! groups
Management is an absolute joke and does nothing to look after their employees.
fun place to work, caring not only for customers but also the community
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Homeserve Membership Ltd12 December 2017
my typical day at work involves going out each morning to serve teas and coffee to the less fortunate / homeless, then arrive at work and help our customers with any queries, offering first class service.

our management team are always here if we need any help, always listen to our problems queries, serving tea biscuits when we busy.

our work culture is amazing, for example; if our customer has a policy but was not covered for the issue they have we can put it through customer first, they will discuss and see if we can help the customer with the repairs.

also the company helps a charity Midland langar seva society who help serve food to the homeless less fortunate, our own CEO has been out with his family and helped serve the hot meals to the less fortunate,homeless.

Most enjoyable part of my job is to help our customers the best we can, thats what make Homeserve, put our customer first, go that extra mile
Pros
free teas coffee
Good
Production Executive (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands28 November 2017
It's ok. Shame about redundancies. Higher management could fight harder for the little people but i guess thats true of a lot of companies. Still a good company though
Management do not back employees
Plumber/Heating Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Midlands30 October 2017
Management do not back employees. Should be as focused on employees as well as customers. It is insinuated that employees are at fault when then have done nothing wrong
21 November 2017

Thanks for posting a review. It sounds like we have had a disagreement which is unfortunate. Customers rate the performance of our engineers at an amazing 9.6 out of 10.0 so normally the Frontline does a great job in the eyes of the Customer. That being said the work we do is complex and if something does go wrong it is emotional for our Customers which is why we have a formal complaints process. We uphold complaints for our Customers when appropriate but quite often we are honest and tell them that their perception is wrong based on the evidence at hand.

This may be one of those cases where if a purely subjective decision has to be made we will side with the Customer as at the end of the day we all work for them or there is no point. Your opinion is just that and you are welcome to it but if you want us to be a less Customer focused company then maybe it is best for all that we have parted ways. I do truly wish you the best.

Greg Reed, CEO, HomeServe Membership

Great place to be
Director of Marketing Operations (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands4 October 2017
I've been at HomeServe for many years and have seen it grow from a very small company. It went through a rocky patch 5 years ago, but since then has gone from strength to strength.

Although we're now a bigger company, it still feels like a family - the people are great and that's a big part of what makes it such an enjoyable place to work.

The best thing about HomeServe is that the it gives you a lot of freedom to affect change. Introducing new technology, changing the operating model, innovation - all made possible by the open approach from the senior guys. It doesn't really matter if it's not your job - if you care about something and you put in the effort, you can make it happen.
Pros
Senior management open doors, the focus on the customer, our culture
Cons
Some of the facilities could be better
2 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. It definitely feels like a family, and that's all down to the People!

A genuine fun culture, focussed on people, that is really successful!!
Director of Procurement (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands4 October 2017
HomeServe is different.

The culture is genuine. We believe in doing the right thing for our customers, and believe that investing and supporting our people is the best way of delivering this.

This is bought into across all levels of management, and gives everyone a clear direction on the strategy. More importantly however this makes it fun to work here, and spills over into a unique culture that you see every day - be it in looking after vulnerable customers, putting things back into the community, doing the right thing, or simply silly events and eating too much pizza!

And it's working. The company is doing well, and this is allowing us to invest in new areas and new acquisitions. Definitely not boring, and not for those wanting a quiet life.
Pros
Innovative, Authentic, Fun, People and Customer focussed.
Cons
Too much happening too quickly for some.
Top Class
Team Support (Current Employee) –  Walsall28 September 2017
I have been working at this company for the past 10 years. Working in various departments and learning so many skills. The reason I have been there so long? The People! There are so many talented individuals, they truly care and doing the right thing is a shared value across all tiers of the business.

The culture has changed dramatically since I first arrived. It is not a numbers game, it is about owning situations and proving an effortless experience for the Customers.

There are plenty of opportunities for development across the Company. In different locations and job roles. I'm currently pursuing a career in Management! I have been supported and encouraged throughout the journey. One of the board directors even gave me valuable career advice! People at the top are available to talk to and the CEO even encourages One to One sessions with him, where else would you get that?

The training at the start may be a little daunting. There is a lot to take in but there is a lot of support available and there is always someone on hand to help out. Be patient, work hard and the opportunities will come to progress within the company and as an individual.

The Retention Department is arguably the busiest/most difficult but is also very rewarding. You would pick up so many skills and the people there are Outstanding!

I'd basically recommend anyone to work here, there are jobs at all levels and with the right attitude, you will go far!

I'm in the process of setting up my own business at the moment and have gained so many transferable skills. Especially in regards to
  more... Customer Service/Experience. It inspires my business model!

Bottom line - Give us a try!

Cons -

Need more staff (also feels understaffed on a Saturday)
Pros
Development Oppprtunities, People, Financial
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall20 September 2017
I've worked at HomeServe for several years and have overall enjoyed my time here. I've been able to advance in my career, learnt a lot and been supported through external qualifications.

There is a good culture at HomeServe, which is generally well supported by senior management to put the customer first. I have overall good confidence in the senior management team, however notice more recently some strategic decisions are more commercially focused than customer focused, which is against the grain of the message from the last 5 years.
Pros
Great culture, good opportunities to advance
Cons
Reliance on key people to deliver projects, workload
Work hard play hard at HomeServe
Director of L&D (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 September 2017
HomeServe has a unique buzz about it. It is pacy, energetic and ambitious. There is so much going on from a work and social point of view that there is never a dull moment.
Ive been here for 3 years now and have loved every day here. The leadership team are accessible and supportive and the business is willing to listen to new ideas that you have, which means you feel like you are helping to make a difference.
A great place to develop yourself and advance your career.
Pros
The posive 'can do' attitude
Cons
Change Management is still a learning curve for us
Great people and great culture
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands14 September 2017
I have worked at HomeServe for 7 years and started off as a Customer Service Representative. I have worked my way up recently to a Senior Partner Manager position.This company is awesome to work for as they support your career progression and give you the opportunities to succeed but also learn.

The Senior Management (including the CEO) team are very approachable and even the CEO lets you have a 121 with him regardless of your level which is unheard of in other companies.

They also help out in the community including feeding the homeless alongside MLSS and sponsor the local football team (Walsall FC)
Pros
Great culture, Family feel environment, Career progression and free HomeServe Cover8
Cons
Processes & out of date systems
Fixed term contract - quite good
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire13 September 2017
Worked there on a 6 months fixed term contract. The experience was quite good, if not a little hectic at times. But overall enjoyable and my experience with management was good. Work colleagues were great, a good atmosphere.
Pros
Nice offices, free parking, good canteen, good atmosphere
Cons
industry changes, long journey, none about the job itself really
Great Culture and community spirit
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands6 September 2017
I have worked here for just over 3 years and have to say the business really lives by its Customer and People values. Benefits and pay are extremely competitive and employee engagement is a key driver for the senior management team. From the CEO down there is an open door culture and many people take advantage of 121's with the exec team. Pace can be really fast but exciting as the business is constantly growing with new acquisitions happening regularly. There is always someone willing to help and after 11 years at HSBC I can honestly say it is a breath of fresh air working here. Opportunities for progression are always there IF you are willing to own it and put the hard yards in. I had 4 different roles and a promotion in less than 2 years so that's the proof in the pudding!
Pros
opportunities for progression, People and Customer centric culture
Cons
M5 / 6 is a nightmare at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homeserve. Our community is ready to answer.