HomeServe

HomeServe Employee Reviews

United Kingdom331 reviews
I enjoyed working at Homesurve,got on well with everyone.i went to the head office in Watford to collect my work for day/week and went on my way to collect materials on there account.
Pictures where taken and sent to the office.
Not a very nice place to work as an engineer. Job security is a worry. Very quick to find faults and slow to reward. High expectation for you to go out of your way
Cons
Long hours in winter with weekends and call out
Working mainly alone as a drainage Engineer for Homeserve was great, despite lone working there was plenty of support from management and colleagues, great bunch of guys, out of work activities such as a paid trip to greyhound racing etc
Pros
No two jobs are the same so challenges plus overtime and bonus scheme daily
Cons
Shift rota pattern means weekend/ BHoliday shifts
Personally I can't review this company as it's the worst place i ever worked at. Management are clueless and argumentative.

Coaches are all about themselves

I am glad I left when I did. I am surprised they are still going. I would never recommend anybody to work here your better off on the dole.
Pros
Cons
Far to many to mention
Used to be OK but lately kpi targets are all that matter to line managers. Some manager's don't care about you as a person or any stress or problems you may have in your home life ,the results are all that matter.you are judged on driving ,how much your parts spend is and how many boiler referrals you get from customers with old boilers. You cannot fix something with out parts but cost goes against you
Pros
big company
Cons
Big company who thinks you are just a number
Can honestly say worse company worked for. Got promised the world at interview about flexible working hours, engineer Development bonus etc only to find out was all lies.
Senior Managers are in control of engineers in different areas across the country and will use engineers as scape goats if they dont look good on paper. Please Avoid at all cost
Pros
Cons
Corrupt Managers, Forced to lie to customers
You’re just a number on a piece of paper. CSR - Management is awful. Two in particular feel very threatened by their actions in ways and spoken down too. If one has something to say the other will always join in and put her input, very two faced. Constructive criticism was never used, whenever you do something wrong / low scores you’re felt asif the world has ended. Training was an absolute shambles, given in a rush and no proper thought taken.
Pros
Finishing after a shift
Cons
Management, Training, improvement, incentives.
Working for the business is OK besides the management being very bad and sneaky. No heads up if your doing anything wrong you will get fired on the spot. Training is basic mainly following briefs. People that help you are their staff not the management
Official response from HomeServe
16 June 2020
I'm really disappointed that you feel like this, we're very proud of the high standards we maintain however we're also passionate about ensuring that we give everyone chance and treat them fairly. That said, there is always room for improvement and I'd love you to get in contact with me directly to discuss your specific concerns.

Gareth - Director of Claims
Here is a company that insists it has a great culture and promotes flexibility and work life balance. Don’t buy it for one second. Essentially, it’s all about sales targets and customer retention. A veneer where it’s staff feel under pressure to say everything’s great simply to keep their jobs. Atmosphere not good and anyone with an ounce of intelligence will immediately see through it.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HomeServe?
since this dangerous covid19 spread to whole country Homeserve has been updating us on every evening and I m an engineer and with High Risk group illness, Homeserve they have asked me stay at home for three months to be safe, my words are not enough to describe how please I am , I have never worked for a company who cares that much about health and safety , I remember working for a company and asked for first aid kit and answer was i had to pay for it myself.
Official response from HomeServe
28 May 2020
Thank you for your review, we're really happy to have you as part of our family!
It's a good place to work as long as you work hard and get the job done.Good colleague engagement in most departments. Benefits not too bad and competitive
Terrible place to work - avoid at all costs. They tell you flexibility at the interview then say you are militant when you want to go home. Unless you live in Walsall or the surrounding area the commute is bad
One of the worst companies I have ever worked at promised the earth given nothing too pushy and definitely not about doing a good job for the customer
Working here for 2 years and 8 months, the company does really value there customer base, always improving and looking to do the right thing for the customer and employee. Very friendly atmosphere, where from senior management to front line staff are included into the business focus and end of year results to feel more involved.
overall an alright place to work, but can be stressful when calls queuing and management are no where to be seen. winter season is very busy and pressure is on. upper management always trying to find ways to cut costs, which add more pressure to agents. calls need to be quick so more calls can be taken expect to take 10 calls a minute.
Would only advise this job to people who are happy to do cold calling and can handle dealing with objections to get the customer to see that the policy they are advertising is in their best interest and not just to make commission for themselves.
WARNING!! IF YOU ARE SCARED OF RATS/MICE DO NOT STEP A FOOT INTO THIS PLACE! They send engineers out for pest infestation to customers however they can't even sort their own office out which has had on multiple occasions little mice/rats running across the call centre! Management is a JOKE! Staff are made to work like robots and get watched like kids in school! Fake promises, no room for progression at all, they get rid of people who work hard and promote people who walk about all day doing nothing! The company is going downhill in terms of being a haooy enjoyable workplace as the company is only bothered about making money and not rewarding staff or recognising them. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Pros
N/a
Cons
Fake promises, no progression, long hours, full weekend work
Such a stressful job. Vile customers who hardly ever seemed to listen. Knee jerk reactions to any situation and never learned from mistakes. My voice was lost in the crowed when I felt depressed. Made one mistake and they didn't seem to care when stating my case of good repute for almost 12 years.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
Read my above article.
The people made the difference not enough done to keep good people. Service can be better if staff were developed more
Its all about profit, people do not matter.

Some good manager out there
(the ONLY reason I left was the shift patters on the sales floor)
Other than this, HomeServe is a fantastic place to work, lots of room and encouragement for progression, regular performance meetings, always there to help with family emergencies etc.

Felt like a real family!
HomeServe has a fun and relaxed work culture. Promoting diversity and different cultural events, often celebrated by bringing in buffet style foods and drinks so that everyone can get involved.