Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Something fishy in human resources
Locum doctor (Former Employee) –  Obstetrics gynae17 August 2019
Useless HR. They were happy with me as long as i worked for a pittance as a locum doctor After 2years, realised my locum payment was much less than the bank shifts rates. When i tried to enroll for bank shifts thinking that it would be cheaper for them to not have to pay for my agency commission, they dallied for 6months, then booted me out for poor communication!
Unsupportive workplace
Counsellor (Current Employee) –  E9 6SR6 August 2019
Poor management and lack of support and care for staff.
Lack of clear and robust policies, poor HR management and support.
Overall experience has been poor.
Great colleagues but Managers are not the best
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  London27 June 2019
In my time at Homerton it has been interesting to say the least however the colleagues you meet there turn out to be your friends for life.
Management are not supportive in regards to progression

workload at times is unmanageable with unrealistic expectations.

Bullying and undermining culture.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Amazing
Homerton Hospital Volunteering IT Award (Former Employee) –  London20 May 2019
Goof place to work for, everyone is very friendly and is very easy to get to. You can get help from anyone all you have to do is ask and they will guide you in the right direction
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Busy environment
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London30 April 2019
Busy department, good training given but expected to stay/work till the end of clinics which results in you working extra hours which are then difficult to get back as TOIL or to be paid for them.
Alot of moaning/gossip goes on which i found very unprofessional and demotivating. Some Dr's and Consultants can be very short-tongued with staff of a lower grade.
Pros
subsidised exercise classes
Cons
working longer hours than is in your contract
Friendly staff, overall clean hospital, new equipment.
Radiographic assistant (Current Employee) –  London31 March 2019
I been working in Radiology Department for 14 years . Overall view: clean hospital, new equipment , very friendly , polite and experienced staff, booking the procedure quite quick. Professional staff employed. Patients quiet difficult in this area . A bit problem with the PACS system after updating. General very clean hospital. Mostly staff very friendly. I wish to admins staff been little more friendly and professional. Short staff of porters and not enough chair's to transport patients from the ward to take them for a procedure. Need to be improved.
Cons
Extra hours and working in weekend's
Human resources staff are extremely rude and useless
Trust Doctor (Current Employee) –  Homerton, Greater London7 July 2018
The HR staff that was processing my preemployment are so slow, rude, and ineffficient. They delay all my documents, make unhelpful discriminatory remarks, and refuse to reply emails. The hospital seems to be a nice place, the team i work with are nice too. However the struggle with HR puts people off from working there. They forgot to put me on payroll and missed the cut off date, so I wont get paid the first month.
Only good for teenagers in admin side
Health care records clerk (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London3 June 2018
No progression
No love
No support
No care
No help
No one cares
Rude staff
Terrible management
This hospital has no progression or wants to make staff permanent.
I had to leave on my third week.
Pros
Josephine carribean on chatsworth road 5 mins from homerton
Cons
Awful management in outpatients and hcr
Good working environment
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  District nursing19 April 2018
Family friendly, recreational activities example fitness and leisure centre.well organised leadership and work environment. Friendly and includes all background in care and management. Good work g environment with state of the arts equipment and multiculturalism both staff and patient are well looked after. Encourages training and self development with up to date skills. A good place to work easily accessible by train bus or private transport but you pay for parking.
Pros
Free fitness activities
Cons
Multicultureal
Children
Yes (Former Employee) –  Yes10 March 2016
Really good I need this Job to get me out off the house for a little or maybe more to make people better I never worked here before
fun work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 September 2015
i enjoyed working in homerton hospitial at haematology section,i learnt many things such as looking at different type of blood, etc.
Resourcing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2015
The recruitment team at this acute Trust are great to work with. I wish my time there could have been longer. The Trust has a great reputation locally.
exciting and diverse
Health visitor (community based) (Current Employee) –  London, ENG8 June 2013
I worked to improve the health and well-being of children, and families in the communities by supporting the implementation and delivery of the new Department of Health four levels of service to families with children under five. I ensure that families are aware of the range of services, including Sure Start Children’s Centre services and the services families and communities wish to provide for themselves. I ensure first assessments (NBVs) are carried out in line with Trust guidelines, interpret information and use to plan care. I develop and review care plans including clinical and child protection risk assessments using the assessment framework for children and families. Furthermore, I support mothers and other family members with mental health conditions (e.g. postnatal depression) in collaboration with other health and social care professionals; and provide a rapid response when specific expert help is needed for example with postnatal depression, a sleepless baby, weaning or answering any concerns about parenting. I prescribe and review medication for individuals, within sphere of own practice and in accordance with the nurse prescribing formulary and Trust policy. Subsequently, I Plan my own work to make most effective use of time within the team accountability framework, and develop and sustain effective relationships with colleagues in general practice.
My colleagues and manager are supportive.
Review
Windows Migration/Rollout technician (Current Employee) –  Hoxton, Hackney7 August 2012
Being part of a team during a rollout project.
Responsible for imaging pc's which are then deployed at user's desk.
2nd line support as follow up.
Pros
balance between work and sociable hours
Cons
no career progression, no possibility for permanent position