HOMELIFE CARERS LTD Employee Reviews

Stay away
Home Carer (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple18 April 2019
The company is a complete sham the only decent thing about the role is the clients, poor management and leadership, shadowing is ridiculous, hours don’t exist you sign a contract and they don’t even give you have of what your availability is, example one week I could do 30+ hours they gave me 4 hours for the whole week, office staff don’t waist your breath speaking to them, calls emails don’t get passed on, your left alone after a few hours of training, and if you need assistance with a ctl don’t bother they can not be bothered to help in an emergency, there all nice when they need you to work extra but don’t bother other than that!!! They mess around with your hours leaving you with 1-3 hours unpaid gaps in between clients, the company is a joke I wouldn’t recommend this place if they paid me!!!
NIce people to work for
Healthcare Worker (Current Employee) –  Devon3 July 2017
This job was very enjoyable and I really enjoyed the time I spent working for them, it introduced me to alot of new ways of working and I learnt alot here
Pros
nice people
Cons
Poor staff support, no confidentiality, lack of competent or qualified staff
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Devon27 June 2017
Typical day is very gappy, no set hours and changeable.
Clients are great but staff support could be better. consistency of standards is very low and confidentiality is also very low.
Pros
meet lovely people
Cons
inconsistent hours of work
Highly rewarding
Home Care Support Worker, Domiciliary care worker (Former Employee) –  Okehampton, ENG20 July 2015
A typical day at Homelife was working under time pressure, having to be at a clients for 30 minutes, with no travel time given to get to the next clients house for another 30 minutes. I learned alot working for homelife over the years, medication, infection control, confidentiality, equality and diversity, Haccup, Coshh, Manual Handling. The management were not the best as everyone would say. But they done their best to ensure a happy meduim was kept between clients and carers. My co-workers were absolutely amazing
Pros
Highly rewarding job
Cons
time travel and management
demanding
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okehampton, ENG26 September 2013
Go to clients house and assist in anyway that they required eg. washing, dressing, cleaning cooking, making a drink giving medication,spending time just to talk or getting them ready and helping into bed.

All people basically have the same needs but some don't like to ask for the help as they think they are a burden and a nuisance, while others think they are owed everything.

The management were helpful on occasions.

When a client was in pain or passed away.

Hearing about the lives the clients had led.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOMELIFE CARERS LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5