Homecare Independent Living Employee Reviews

Exciting evolving business- constantly growing
Forecast planner (Current Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh25 March 2019
Fast paced business with great management support system for carers and office staff. Growing from strength to strength with innovative solutions. Team work massively important in all roles and great opportunities for people wanting to progress their careers.
Pros
Career progression, team environment
Family Business with Family Values
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Armagh25 March 2019
Homecare is an excellent company to work for, great team of people who are extremely supportive. Staff go above and beyond every day to provide the highest quality service.
Pros
Christmas vouchers, bonus scheme, refer a friend
Supportive Management
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Armagh7 March 2019
Great company , who are constantly trying to stay ahead of the game in terms of engaging , supporting and developing staff!
I worked as a carer and although the job can be demanding the team is very supportive . There is an open door policy in the organisation and everyone is there to help you in anyway possible .
Pros
Supportive Team
Growing company going places
Manager (Current Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh5 March 2019
I am new to HCIL and in my role less than 12 months. My role/position was new and I was given the autonomy (with support) to bring my skills and experience to the Company. There is a great energy and drive from the entire management team and the broader team.

With any rapidly growing and changing Company there is going to be some growing pains, but that part of the journey and being part of that change is very rewarding.
Care assistant -portadown area
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portadown25 February 2019
I have been working as a Care Assistant for HCIL since October 2018. I really enjoy working in the community with clients and care staff, knowing that I’m making a difference for the clients, no matter how small. The company has given me an opportunity to complete my QCF level 2 in Health & Social Care at a discounted rate, which is great incentive for me. I plan to complete my level 3 after I complete my level 2.
Pros
Great communication with office, good pay rates, work with friendly care assistants
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Great work
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh6 November 2018
Homecare Independent Living are a great company to work for.
They offer support and the opportunity to join different groups which include iCare Wishes, iCare and Evolve.

There are opportunity's for personal development in the company. Opportunity's to be sent away on courses that will help benefit you and the company. There is serious work done by the whole company to help provide care for the community. It is a hard working job but very rewarding knowing that you are making a different to peoples lives. One of the enjoyable things in work is at the 1st Tuesday of the month the company is gathered into Callan House for tea and treats, new starts in the office are introduced and a different department hosts each month.

Over all Homecare is not only a great company to work for.
Pros
Opportunity to grow in the company. Happy workplace. Training.
HCA (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim29 September 2018
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh12 September 2018
This is a very rewarding job and although it can be tough the support I recieved at Homecare Independent living was fantastic. Great benefits working for the company.
Pros
Difference you make, support from company, quarterly bonus.
Stressful
Care Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh7 October 2017
I have worked for this company for over 2 years and management changes on a daily bases ( most mangers dont come from a healthcare background which makes it harder for everyone ) never enough staff and office will constantly ring you to go cover feels like you are being tortured to cover, the clients are lovely and i have learnt a lot with training that is provided
Cons
very long hours and little breaks
Not very communication involved with the company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrickfergus, County Antrim1 June 2017
I worked for homecare for 2/3 years and I absolutely loved my jobs I said before I feel like I made a difference. Even to get a client laughing to me that's an accomplishment
Pros
Your working with another carer
Cons
Absolutely no communication between the company and the employees
Lovely clients, lovely staff
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, County Tyrone3 January 2017
I enjoyed working for this company, their only down fall was office staff not being very helpful towards their employees when they were needed. Caring is a very rewarding job.
Cons
Long hours, driving
Productive but a little unorganised
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast22 December 2016
Generally you do work your hours but they are always short on people to work so will contact you endlessly to get cover. Can be quite flexible however. Friendly management.
Pros
Gift cards at Christmas
Cons
Always contacting you to work
Very stressfull
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Armagh City Centre30 August 2016
I work in customer service and although I like The office environment it's hard to get motivated when everyone In office is complaining about job or talking about looking for a new job. Staff turnover is high with 3 people leaving without working notice within a week. the job is very stressful and it's hard to get a good work/home life balance. If you have a sick call you might only have an hour to get cover which means not getting a lunch/tea break or worse having to cancel calls on vulnerable clients. Also if you not covered for next day you don't get home at 5.30pm and never make plans for a Friday as it's very rare to leave office at 5.30pm. The company is regulated so you will have to raise quality or have quality be raised on you over minor issues which didn't even effect client.
Pros
Free tea & coffee, flexible towards breaks
Cons
Long hours, low moral
Customer Service Administrator
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Armagh31 May 2016
I enjoy working with the group of staff in the office. The job can be very stressful though and you have to stay after work if cover isn't sourced for the next day which might not be your fault. Can be a lot of pressure at times. Although it is rewarding being able to provide support to the clients.
Pros
Pension scheme, meeting new people
Cons
long hours, have to stay behind if you don't have enough cover done for next day, too much pressure sometimes.
personal care is key
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Armagh29 March 2016
Personal Care of clients with high Support Needs , also implementing Positive Behavioural Supports for Challenging Behaviour.
Personal Care, use of hoist, preparing and serving meals, assisting with feeding, prompting and delivery of medicines, treatment of pressure sores, pad changing, toileting, care of foley catheters, colostomy changing, care of clients with diabetes, social calls, shopping, light housework
Delivering palliative care, total care of clients with Dementia.
I learn the importance of patience, time keeping, respect and compassion for the client
co- workers pleasant, work well as a team.
management are supportive and understanding, good communication at all levels
hardest part of the job is the travel
most enjoyable part is developing relationships with clients
Pros
part is developing relationships with clients, not in an office
Cons
lot of travel
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Armagh21 February 2016
best job
Full Time Mother (Current Employee) –  London7 February 2016
cleaning and looking after 2 children
bringing up children is best thing anyone could achieve
telling kids NO
haven't got co workers
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey27 January 2016
Worked here great chances to progress in work place
Befriending co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Armagh21 May 2015
Great chances to fulfill your potential,management very approachable. Directors carry out varied charity events. Regional manager very understanding and goes out her way to support you through your time working for the company.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hours can be unsuitable
rewarding workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast13 January 2015
A typical day at work would be, assisting clients out of bed, providing personal care, making breakfast and light snacks. Giving medication, cleaning of equipment such as commodes and urine bottles.
Pros
Getting to know new people
Cons
split shifts and the inability to get hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homecare Independent Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Homecare Independent Living Reviews by Location