Homecare Independent Living

Homecare Independent Living Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
I have worked for homecare for over 2 years. Like every company you go through good and bad but the good always outweighs the bad. I settled well and build myself a permanent rota well and it rarely changed. I am always able to pick up and have never been forced into picking up hours I wasnt able to do. I enjoy the area I work in, the clients are lovely, families appreciate what you do and the staff are good and supportive. I love HCIL and I would highly recommend
- very good permanent rota
- approachable and supportive manager

- I feel supported and appreciated at all times

- company Life Coach Willing to help with day to day issues

- great training

- great supply of PPE during Covid19 period
Pros
Family business supports carers as much as possible
Cons
Lots of diving
Constant phone calls
Poor management

Poorly organised

Carers low morale

Poor pay

Rubbish pay

Can’t understand why they get employer of the year

Stress beyond coping and nearly had a breakdown
I worked here for a year, this a mainly double shift company and some single runs also, which can be better if your just starting in this type of care.
most the staff are nice but you still have a few that make you wonder why they are in the job, like every place there is friend clicks , the down side of the company is that its zero contract hour which means you get no security but they would have you working 24 hours if they could, you are called all the time even your days off, but not a bad company overall.

my advice would be decide what hours, times and days you want to work and STICK TO IT , because once you waiver they will get the hump if you don't help out often.
I have worked for the company for over 7 years, I have continuously progressed throughout this time with the help of management and colleagues. This is a great company to work for who spend time with those who have the want to do well and offer opportunities to better yourself. Management team are approachable, listen and implement changes when needed.
If I didn't have my 3 babies(fur) to look after I would gladly walk away from this job. Stresses me out so much with very little support. Woukd not advice anyone to work here.
Great clients, great team. managers easy to approach. Long hours but can be rewarding. Open communication.
Training provided and regular updates

Good chance of progression
I have worked for this company for over a year and I have learnt so much in that short period of time. I feel like I have grown in my confidence, I have already had great opportunities within the company and I feel part of the team. My manager is very understanding and always makes herself available when I need to talk. A great company making a difference to lives in the community through their work and charity iCare.
Homecare Independent Living is a great company to work for.
They are very supportive, there are many opportunities to develop.

Although the job is fast paced there is great management support. Homecare Independent Living is growing from strength to strength, always trying to think of new innovative ways of working.
There is a great sense of team in the office, lots of support from colleagues, always someone to chat to and bounce ideas of, very rewarding to know you play a small supporting part in allowing our clients to live at home independently. Every department works to support our care assistants who are delivering care to clients every day - we are told every day how important they are and the work that we all do is. Fast paced industry - health and social care can be stressful but we're dealing with real peoples' lives and we all know that going into the role. Homecare is definitely above and beyond other providers when it comes to supporting staff - a great experienced team, dedicated staff engagement programme, inhouse counselling service, our own intranet, open-door policy, ideas scheme, employee of the month, our iCare Charity and always trying to raise the value of social care meeting with counsellors, with Trusts, government departments. You get a real sense that everyone is doing their best to make a difference.
Unorganised, horrible , employee treatment is just discusting.

If u are unwell or have an unwell family member and ask for cover they will not accept that as an excuse for cover! Even if a family member is in hospital!!

They Over packed split runs which are dangerous and substandard care!

Stay away!!
bad place to work, poor communication, they do not care about employees. made to do other jobs aswell. stay away from this place they will only use you as they see fit.
Pressurising carers to work unsuitable hours even if they know you are pushed for childcare. Not a very overall child friendly job. No consideration for their own staffs families.
Pros
Making a difference in people’s lives
Cons
Bombarded and being forced to work when you can’t
Fast paced business with great management support system for carers and office staff. Growing from strength to strength with innovative solutions. Team work massively important in all roles and great opportunities for people wanting to progress their careers.
Pros
Career progression, team environment
Homecare is an excellent company to work for, great team of people who are extremely supportive. Staff go above and beyond every day to provide the highest quality service.
Pros
Christmas vouchers, bonus scheme, refer a friend
Great company , who are constantly trying to stay ahead of the game in terms of engaging , supporting and developing staff!
I worked as a carer and although the job can be demanding the team is very supportive . There is an open door policy in the organisation and everyone is there to help you in anyway possible .
Pros
Supportive Team
I am new to HCIL and in my role less than 12 months. My role/position was new and I was given the autonomy (with support) to bring my skills and experience to the Company. There is a great energy and drive from the entire management team and the broader team.

With any rapidly growing and changing Company there is going to be some growing pains, but that part of the journey and being part of that change is very rewarding.
I have been working as a Care Assistant for HCIL since October 2018. I really enjoy working in the community with clients and care staff, knowing that I’m making a difference for the clients, no matter how small. The company has given me an opportunity to complete my QCF level 2 in Health & Social Care at a discounted rate, which is great incentive for me. I plan to complete my level 3 after I complete my level 2.
Pros
Great communication with office, good pay rates, work with friendly care assistants
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Homecare Independent Living are a great company to work for.
They offer support and the opportunity to join different groups which include iCare Wishes, iCare and Evolve.

There are opportunity's for personal development in the company. Opportunity's to be sent away on courses that will help benefit you and the company. There is serious work done by the whole company to help provide care for the community. It is a hard working job but very rewarding knowing that you are making a different to peoples lives. One of the enjoyable things in work is at the 1st Tuesday of the month the company is gathered into Callan House for tea and treats, new starts in the office are introduced and a different department hosts each month.

Over all Homecare is not only a great company to work for.
Pros
Opportunity to grow in the company. Happy workplace. Training.
This is a very rewarding job and although it can be tough the support I recieved at Homecare Independent living was fantastic. Great benefits working for the company.
Pros
Difference you make, support from company, quarterly bonus.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homecare Independent Living. Our community is ready to answer.
Homecare Independent Living Reviews by Location