Homebase Employee Reviews

Great place to work everybody is friendly
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk14 August 2018
Homebase is a great place to work as the whole of the staff are friendly and helpful, each day i have to check for price changes and then i have to go round the whole of the store amd make sure that all the prices are correct
Great team of people
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 August 2018
Homebase is a nice and friendly place to work, we have a great team of people working there all of different age groups. We all support each other when needed which makes it a great place to work.

In the job which I currently do I am able to build a great relationship with my customers. I allow myself to get on the journey with them which enables me to design them there dream kitchen at an affordable price. I always like to go that extra mile for the customer so I know that when my customers leave the store I have given them the best service I could possibly have offered them, and hopefully it pays off when they come back.

I have learned a variety of tasks and roles during my time at Homebase and will be sad to leave unfortunalty due to the store closing.
horticulture
Horticultural Worker (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire5 August 2018
uncertainty of work
less hours per day depending on forecast of plants.
work is very easy , daily base target easily achievable if you work hard.
good atmosphere to work inn.
Pros
good cateen
Cons
very less hours during off seasons of plants
Not the Best
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross, Essex4 August 2018
helping customers and keeping store tidy. I didn't learn anything while I was there. Mangement wasn't the best at all never really spoke to them. other members of staff were really friendly and easy to get along with
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2018
Always varied, Always lot's to do, Always Enjoyable!!!

Homebase is a great place to work. The variety in responsibility and accountability as a Store Manager makes working for Homebase so different from other Retailers. Responsible for a garden centre, a kitchen and bathroom showroom and a core DIY/Home Improvement store means you'll meet customers with different requirements which keeps everyday fresh and different.
Pros
Discounts - Team -
Cons
Weekends are the busiest times for the stores; so expect to work some.
Happy & Motivated workplace
Warehouse Operations & Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Glenrothes30 July 2018
i would start the shift by talking to my line manager for any change to normal work instructions. I would typically be in the warehouse dealing with stock deliverys and driving the forklift to unload/load the truck. I would also be clearing any stock once it was worked by the replenishment team and log it away into the storage bays using the handheld gun.

Most of my colleagues were absolutely amazing ppl, it was a big extended family :-)

The hardest part of the job was to get all tasks asked of me done in such a short space of time. The most enjoyable part of my job was recycling and keeping the yard/warehouse tidy and managed correctly.
Pros
I got to drive the forklifts :-)
Cons
lots
Unorganised,
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex28 July 2018
Most team members are nice but management are awful! Nothing organised, if your not in the leadership circle of friends then your classed as nothing. Have witnessed them diliberatley get rid of staff members just because they werent liked. Full of bullies and the main manager is the worst one! Rotas are never accurate. Im sure a new manager would be enough to sort the place out and get homebase back to what it used to be like but until then avoid unless you become best friends with the boss then you are fine!
Pros
Staff discount
Part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead25 July 2018
I spent most of my time as a cashier, the staff were kind and I got on with everyone. I was provided with one uniform which comprised of a tshirt and apron.
Awful management, dry working environment.
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire22 July 2018
- Management were oppressive, unreasonable, illogical and unprofessional
- Lack of training
- Lack of uniform
- There was a serious lack of team spirit
Pros
Opportunity to make friends
good experience
Replenishment Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Finchley21 July 2018
A very good workplace to gain valuable experience to the work industry. i learnt how to interact with colleagues and customers. giving a great customer service experience was very enjoyable
Not very busy but easy.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes19 July 2018
This job was relatively easy as most of the time spent was on the tills themselves taking the sales and occasionally price checking by going out ontp the floor.
Staff Great But Management Not
Employee (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 July 2018
I enjoyed working here the staff are a great bunch to get on with but if you get a manager who thinks they know better then the place becomes a very hard place to work in no matter what you do .
Pros
Friendly Staff and Duty Managers
Cons
A Manager that doesn't get normal working practises
good sampling work
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  epsom18 July 2018
its a good experience work in there with busy environment! specially weekend! i work there as a showing to customer new product! and try to sell them and we had a target how much we can do a day! that was really interesteing part of the job.
Pros
no free lunch
Not a vibrant workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rugby17 July 2018
Too much emphasis on the staff generating leads within the store .
The marketing seemed to rely on this .
Footfall not great
The workplace culture seemed to me very narrow and set.
Hardest part of the job was the un user friendly system for processing sales
I worked with a good team of people
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor commission
Productive workplace
Cashier and Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Millbrook16 July 2018
A typical day at work for me consists of mainly serving customers at a till, and occasionally restocking returned products when it's quiet. The managers are all friendly and reasonable, but also make sure that everyone's doing what they should be. The workplace has an amiable atmosphere and it's easy to get along with everyone, employees and customers alike. The hardest part of the job is the fact that there are no seats at the tills so if I'm on a long shift I'll be standing at a till for hours on end which tends to make my legs and back uncomfortable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I work with amazing people every day.
Dreadful
Part time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abingdon12 July 2018
The first couple of months I enjoyed working there, however since after that to now I have constantly being bullied by one of the managers. I have told all the managers and nothing has been dealt with.
Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran Town12 July 2018
This was a training position. During this time I was meant to be taught several things such as stock control and point of sale arrangements, unfortunately this didn't happen.
Stressful and generally horrible place to work in.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire11 July 2018
The management have no idea what they're doing and have no people skills whatsoever expect you to do everything for them but when you turn round and ask them for a favour they want nothing to do with you and some of don't even know what my job entails it's a joke.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Bad management
Loved Homebase
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Streatham, Greater London11 July 2018
Fantastic business. Great people. Hard job but worth it. Very good at development. Movement around stores is good. Management are good. Burnings ruined it but hopefully Homebase will return.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Weekends.
Enjoyable work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen10 July 2018
Friendly atmosphere helps the work go by quickly.
It is good to get to help customers and see them leave with a smile on their faces.
staff are good to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homebase. Our community is ready to answer.