Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 193 reviews matching the search See all 3,778 reviews
Fantastic company to work for
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Charnwood21 March 2019
Have worked for Home Instead for 6 months - really love my job - great team to work for - fantastic - highly recommend the Charnwood branch. I can describe it as - no day is a work day!
Pros
Great feedback from the office
Happy Care Giver
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire14 March 2019
I have finally found a job where I can give quality care, since starting Home Instead I have had great support from the Management team, enjoyed the training and the pizza!!

Home Instead Northampton enables me to deliver the care I feel our clients deserve.

Hours are fair so that the client has a consistent team of care givers and I am well matched with each of my clients
Pros
fair/hones/open door policy/my opionion matters
Excellent company! Just look at the CQC rating!
CareGiver (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire13 March 2019
Management and office staff highly supportive and caring about both clients and staff. Open door policy in the office. Management will listen and act swiftly with regards to any concerns about clients or even personal issues. I have dealt with emergency situations and our office team were there on hand to provide support every step of the way. The hours are flexible and my hours have been accommodated to suit my personal life while supporting a family and working towards my degree.
Company offers industry standard training such as NVQs at various levels and other courses that complement the job role such as Dementia Care. I have done the Dementia Care Training which is accredited. The Dementia Care training was invaluable to me as I care for clients who have dementia.
I enjoy my job as a CareGiver because I am making a difference to someone's life by supporting them to maintain their independence in the comfort of their own home. The hardest part of this job is seeing clients pass away.
A typical day for me includes helping clients to bathe and help them to do things which they struggle to do for themselves all the while respecting their autonomy and maintaining their dignity and independence.
Pros
Making a difference to someone's life when they need it most.
Cons
The pros more than outweigh the cons here!
Charnwood office
CAREGiver (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire13 March 2019
Brilliant place to work!
Really enjoying my time here, I feel valued and respected by my peers.
The clients are lovely and I feel that I started work with all the tools I needed.
Not being from a care background I was sceptical to whether I would be able to work in this industry but with the support I have received I feel like this is a job for life!
I wouldn’t hesiatate to recommend the Charnwood office for previous care workers and non car workers alike
Pros
Team, plenty of work, good communication
Cons
None at present
Horrible Bosses
Cg (Current Employee) –  Cheshire East12 March 2019
Very stressful environment with uncaring and bullying management. Avoid at all costs! No work life balance. Very uncaring toward staff. If you don't take on hours on your days off they penalise you the next week. Some nice office staff but they are under tremendous stress all the time. Not a happy place.
Pros
Training
Cons
Almost everything
Very dodgy and creepy bosses and office staff
Care giver (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire7 March 2019
Worst company to work for the bosses and management office staff are all back stabbers. They will sack you for doing the right thing just so they cover there backs. Always calling you on days off to cover. By far it's the worst company to work for no security and they actually bet on you failing. And no pay for training days and first Pay is paid 2 months in areas and bad reference if you leave . Dont bother trust me on dat. I have learnt a hard lesson.
Pros
Cons
Un trustworthy, 2 months before pay
The WORST management in the West Midlands that I have ever had the misfortune to work with in a caring profession. No idea of who is in charge!
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 March 2019
This franchise spends a fortune on advertising a service promised which simply is not delivered to the clients. Poor communication with Care Givers totally disorganised office with poor management. On the plus side lovely clients.
Pros
Lovely Clients
Cons
Poor management systems and processes.
Horrible Bosses
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bristol and North Somerset6 March 2019
I worked in the Nailsea office and regularly witnessed bullying, shouting and aggressive practices by the two bosses. Management don't have a clue and are unable or unwilling to obey employment laws with regard to paying income tax, pensions and don't expect to get your holidays as these can be removed at any time if you can't meet targets. Dodgy recruitment processes - the bottom line in this office is making money not supporting their clients or staff - it's all about growing the business without regard to whether it is safe to take on so many new customers and staff. Everything is rushed through without having any support for staff.

I was sacked for complaining that they weren't paying my income tax, pension and being told I had to use my annual leave to cover a period of sickness following a hospital operation.
Pros
salary was okay
Cons
Expect to end up with a massive tax bill and don't expect any pension contributions.
Lovely clients. Awful management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Leek, Staffordshire28 February 2019
Good training. Probably the only positive. Massive turnover of staff. Never know who management is. Can’t fulfil there promises. I left a job to work here. I was recruited to fulfil demand so they said. I recieved just 5-7 hours a week. Having to go out 7 days of the week for one hour a day. When asking about this they increased my calls... at least a 12 mile round trip for one hours pay. Shocking mileage allowance doesn’t cover fuel of wear on your vehicle. Another example, in between calls you have to sit an hour unpaid in your vehicle between calls as your too far from home, and out in the sticks! Management constantly bombard you with phone calls and expect you to drop everything! plans or not. If you do have plans and can’t jump when they tell you too expect your rota to be minimal for the next couple of weeks as punishment! Absolutely no work life balance. You spend more on fuel than you earn! You can be out and about for 8 hours a day yet only get paid for 4 hours!!! Save your self the inconvenience of having to look for another job within just a few weeks. Not a reliable source of income.
Pros
Clients
Cons
It’s all a con!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset28 February 2019
I am a first time care giver and so glad I chose Home Instead to work for . Our clients are the heart of the business . The office team are so supportive, nothing is too much trouble for them . They care for us and how we are and are in constant contact especially in the early stages of our employment. My fellow colleagues are supportive and are happy to offer guidance if needed . No day is ever the same but it is such a wonderful feeling coming away from a client visit knowing you have made a positive impact on their day .
Pros
Support, guidance and the pleasure of working with our seniors in the community
Fantastic
Registered Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London22 February 2019
By far THE BEST care company to work for from all points of view. Very supportive, understanding, well organized, very good work/life balance and extremely flexible. The services provided to clients are outstanding and the carers are "hand picked". Everybody is always ready to land a hand when needed which is why the staff turnover is very small. People come and stay with Home Instead.
They are always opened to opinions and actually take them.into consideration.
The clients at Home Instead come and never leave. They always seem to be happy.
It is a pleasure to work for Home Instead.
Pros
Pretty much everything
Cons
Almost nothing
Charnwood Leicester 2018
care giver (Former Employee) –  Leicester Charnwood20 February 2019
Very poor example with the office staff completely clueless in management or care. Expect you to just accept all the shifts that are electronically sent via mobile- with no discussion. Often change shifts without actually telling you- so a wasted journey on some days. It was obvious from the start-agree with management or you are out.
When onsite with clients- i was happy to do whatever they wanted but ' the office ' were not happy, sometimes calling to change something that i had already done. To me, my clients were priority and they were included in their own process of care. I really loved my time with the clients and was very sad to be discarded in such a cowardly way.
I learned that the office staff were preoccupied in trying to promote their own branch, but it just seemed they were after 'oneupmanship'
Pros
meeting lots of really lovely carers and clients
Cons
unrealistic management and office staff.
Awful experience
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Charnwood31 January 2019
I feel that even one star is too many!
During my time working for the CHARNWOOD office I experienced lies, unfair treatment and overworked staff.
The best thing about working here was the lovely clients which were NOT matched with a caregiver simply given to whoever lived closest, regular Caregivers were swapped with no explanation and relationships not thought about. Clients were often distressed and disappointed when their matched caregiver was taken away for another client that fits into a 'run'. This is NOT the Home Instead brand and proves to be FAKE.
Staff felt they could not speak with management and when challenging were always made to feel like it wasn't important.
Staff are underpaid FACT.
Pros
The clients - that's all....
Cons
Overworked, no concern for my welfare
Sadly changed so much. Loved the clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Charnwood31 January 2019
Sadly what started as a great experience became the opposite, they take favourites leaving others demoralised. The job made me so unwell. No security, removed from calls just like that if you annoy the office. Lack of support, but the worst is the lies you are told. They take advantage of lovely people , charge the clients a lot of money, the caregivers get a very small amount. Add on the travel time and small milege, it’s a minimum paid job with no security of hours. And without warning you are just removed. And when you raise a concern you get dismissed and treated as annoyance. The training was very rushed when I suited what they needed. The times I phoned on call to no help I just felt I was disturbing. My client once showed concern for me and wanted to check with the office I was ok, for which I was reprimanded for. There’s no matching process, like advertised, it’s who is available to work for that call run and lives within that postcode. They started block calls to make it more profitable for them and all clients go into a time slot. For which my client said to me, it’s nice to be considered as nothing more than a time slot.
I went through something quite traumatic and they offered no support for me. Eventually this lead to a break down , I cared so much for the job it made me so ill the pressure, lack of understanding and stability I received from this office.
Pros
The clients
Cons
No security, the driving, the management, low pay, poor support, the lies told
Friendly atmospher
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea29 January 2019
Busy office with friendly people to work with. Manager is lovely and is always there to listen and she is happy to provide the staff to work towards their qualifications.
Challenging
Carer (Former Employee) –  Northampton7 January 2019
Visiting clients who needed specialist care.
Training for this was given in a class environment but not on site
No management interaction
Hardest part was ensuring the client received the best care in the timeframe available
The best part was the client satisfaction
Pros
Client satisfaction
Cons
Not enough support. Very few contracted hours.
Friendly staff and clients
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Southport2 January 2019
I enjoy working for home instead senior care, the clients I have and had in the passed have been lovely to work with, I have also made friends along the way. The only problem I have is that I don't drive and that limits me to do more. Not enough hours.
Awful Management (charnwood )
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Charnwood1 January 2019
Never in my working life have i experienced such bad management, and poor communication.
Uses you to help out, then kicks you in the teeth when they've had enough of you.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Rushed training and tells lies.
Not a companionship based job
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire2 December 2018
If you are looking for companionship based job this is not for you. It's all about personal care, looking after people who are not capable doing even basic hygiene.
They are offering lots of "help", but in words only. Travel to the client is not covered.
Company demands DBS check but you have to pay for it.
Pros
Cons
Travel not paid, working weekends, 9-2 based rota
Terrible company to work for
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire1 December 2018
Never work for home instead!, managment are rude, gossip about everyone in the office. Managment always getting you to cover others shifts because no ome wamts to work weekends. If you have children dont work for these people you will have no life they think thay have complete control over you. And when you say you cant cover they say im not asking im telling!
Pros
The clients
Cons
Poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K