Home Instead Senior Care
Information from Home Instead Senior Care:

Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom385 reviews
Good Company
Zero contract position. Overall good life balance, would like more job security and more hours than this franchise can currently offer me, met some amazing clients and built wonderful working relationships with both clients/ client families and my co workers ....Would like to work privately now as travel takes about of unpaid time up.
Disappointing
Be very careful of what you agree to and SIGN. If you leave before 12 months they WILL recuperate their training costs and DBS costs from your final salary, REGARDLESS of reason or circumstances.
Pros
Fantastic clients, Minimum of 1hr calls
Cons
Ruthless
Company appalling. Office very rude don’t value you
loved the job,as it was the clients I loved got very close to a few That wasn’t problem it was OFFICE that was a different story, very rude, management shouting and screaming in face, not polite at all and we HAD to go to office for tea& cake once a week on your only day off, worked over 24hrs without sleep and break management wouldn’t help as it was weekend didn’t Evan try to call when you felt exhausted
productive and fun workplace
friendly workplace, enjoyable experience within the company. To help residents with daily personal care such as washing, feeding and mobility. Build effective relationships with residents and meet individual needs. Provide emotional and social support to residents. Liaise as part of a team to health care providers and family members. Work flexible hours and manage time effectively. Motivate and present a positive personal image to others
Pros
flexible work
Great opportunity
All management is very helpful and responsive. Nice atmosphere and lovely clients. It’s a pleasure to work for Home Instead Senior Care. Im currently working for them two years
Not what job description says!
Terrible management
money orientated - customers pay so much money and you dont see half of it!

Mileage not worth the paper trails you have to push to get

Management have favourite's and give them the overtime

Training is poor - promise you professional free qualifications then make you pay for them after you've done all the work
Pros
love meeting the older community
Cons
poor hours, lots of travelling, poor pay, poor management
Poorly ran its all money related here
Nearly six months in and despite all the promises of regular work it never came until the last few weeks due to other staff going off ill. I've gone from 2-5 hours a week and some weeks no work to 25 hours or even more but because I now have another p/t job when I told the office staff I had another job they got really funny with me. I now constantly have office on the phone on days off even so don't feel you get any time away as they want to send me here there and everywhere now but there's no mileage paid so the true hourly rate is much lower once you pay your own mileage. When interviewed I was told I had to pay for my own DBS of sixty pounds and only agreed as was told I could get as much work as I needed. I had to complete 3 days training which was not paid either but wasn't told this till day 2 of the training and the training was basic and could have been done in a day. They only have money on their minds it seems instead of true care and compassion for the people needing the service but the clients are nice people but family members can be demanding at times but the money they pay per hour you can understand why but unfortunately that isn't passed on to the carers.
Best company to work for
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life! This is how I feel about my job! Three years since I started and i still love it!
Don't apply
You feel pressure into working hours above and beyond. They don't care about the client's . Clients don't get the same carers. So can't build professional between you and your clients.
Robotic and low key stuck up
Interview was with 'fahima'.Questions pretty straightforward,I felt I didnt do too well in that respect.Lot of paperwork was on references when she ushered me out the room- no explanation whatsoever.She talked too me like a child.Hours were falsely advertised twice! As it is in fact 0 hours.So no point at all.As it's my understanding the full time staff cant even get the right hours.
Fantastic company
Absolutely love working for HISC, unfortunately my hours have been poor since December (now April), I'm averaging 6 hours a week, so I'm having to look elsewhere for employment. Not sure if this is due to me only being available from 3pm, such a shame as the office girls and even franchise owners are fantastic!
Pros
Amazing company
Cons
Not enough hours
I enjoyed all my working time with my colleagues at Homeinstead
Homeinstead are a very professional care service I personally admire their work an caring.i worked with Amazing people an boss at the time at the company
Pros
Start From One hour visits essential I feel.
Fantastic management team
Best decision I ever made was applying to Home Instead Warrington. Management are a fantastic team, always available to answer any questions without judgement. They recognize that hands on carers are the eyes and ears of client support.
I've worked in care for 20 years at all levels and this is by far the most outstanding care company in Warrington.
Disappointing and pathetic
Communication is rubbish when scheduling is involved. Working culture is rediculas no issues are sorted out, the majority is brushed under the carpet.
Pros
Clients and families are amazing
Cons
Not listened to. And not appreciated at all
23 March 2020
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead Senior Care franchise office. If you would like to provide more details about your experience with this office, please feel free to contact Toni Schmitt, our Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at 888-330-8210.
Grew too big no longer a family
Important to be appreciated, the money wasn’t a big issue, but support and deffinately to be appreciated. I loved what I did but felt taken advantage of. Always being called to cover even after a sleepless night shift, working often 7 days a week often to cover others, I did feel office staff/management how draing this can be, and how ever fantastic the office staff were they were governed by management, also more often than not your salary was in correct and underpaid. My time with home instead was generally fantastic because the people I worked with/ looked after made everything worth while, built up so many carer relationships, one client even taught me french. But the office staff were amazing.
Avoid!!!
Do not get sucked in by their fancy ads!!! This is by far one of the worst care companies I’ve worked for. Driven by money and greed they absolutely do not care! They treat employees like dirt and never listen to what the client wants. It’s all about HISC!!!! If your face fits then you're sorted. If not,you won’t get hours it’s actually shocking!!! It’s like management have been bought in off the street and told to manage!!! Not a good experience with this fraud of a company
10 March 2020
We're sorry to hear your employment with this Home Instead franchise office was not as positive as we would like. If you would like to provide more information about your experience with this office, please feel free to contact Toni Schmitt, our Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at 888-330-8210.
Alright
The company is ment to be the best in the uk/ St. Helens now it may be up the company is badly run and had poor management who don’t listen when you have a problem
Worst company to work for
I worked for this company years ago and I was treated very badly. I was looking to complete a degree at university and needed experienced which they promised. I got a new job as they were unsupportive and they took all my hours from me for the month so I had no pay. Managers appear not to care and seem to be just trying to make money. Wouldn't recommend working for them
3 March 2020
Safe, rewarding and a great support from office staff
My main responsibilities involve providing professional companionship, home help and personal care services which involves: offering companionship and conversation, monitoring of diet and eating, providing medication reminder, stimulation and encouragement through a variety of activities, arrange appointments and outings, organising mail and writing letters, assisting with walking, accompanying to appointments and social events.
If you care about people and want a job that allows you the time to build great relationships with clients, then Home Instead is the place to work.
You get great training that is ongoing and flexibility with hours that suit you. Competitive rate of pay with pension contributions.

Support from the team is fabulous too.
Relaxing, welcoming
Great onsite training, staff are friendly, Always will help you find the right client suited to your requirements. On site parking free. Staff gifts throughout the year
Pros
Amenable
Cons
Zero contract
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K