HOME GROUP LIMITED Employee Reviews

Unremittingly dreadful. Don't work there.
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 June 2018
The worst employer I've ever had. Unsafe services, constant restructures, cuts t & cs, understaffed, poor quality management. A culture of bullying and cover ups and the senior management in Newcastle in a bubble. Working there made me ill.
Pros
There aren't any.
Cons
You'll be miserable.
Great Place to work
Apprentice Events Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear29 April 2018
I worked on a 1 year fixed term contract and thoroughly enjoyed my time here, i dealt with lots of admin work relating to events planning and was given a free brief to develop my ideas within business parameters.
Fun workplace
Family Support Coordinator at (Stonhum) (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk21 April 2018
Days at work. I learned who to work with different people. I managed to work with difficult clients as well as colleagues. We respected all tapes culture. When you work with a difficult colleagues. When you target all the tasks you were given.
Pros
No free transport
Great work life balance
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear3 April 2018
Great work life balance
Good salary benefits
Job security not great they are always restructuring for one reason or another which can have negative outcomes and no rhyme nor reason to those involved
Some fantastic managers and some not
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Bad management
Generally a good employer
Senior Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 March 2018
Worked here for 7 years. As with any job there are good points and bad points.
Very inclusive and diverse workplace with friendly and supportive colleagues.
Challenging work environment means that structural change is a regular occurrence.
Ok
Admin (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 March 2018
Flexible working.
My current role requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.The role is very hands on with day to day responsibility.
Toxic and unhealthy
Live Chat and Social Media Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear27 March 2018
Too much to say about this place of work, all of it negative. The only positives are a few great colleagues I have met who have turned into friends.
DO NOT WORK HERE.
Cons
Don’t believe the job description
Support worker-level 2 (Former Employee) –  Batley24 March 2018
You’ll be told all sorts of wonderful things about this company when you start. But it won’t be long before you realise it’s all a front. Poorly managed without a clue about the client groups they support. Not person centred care- god forbid the clients want some flexibility in their support ,the only time it’s changed is when it’s done for the benefit of the company because there’s not enough staff. Don’t expect a work life balance - the manager seems to take pleasure in making the staffs lives a misery- constantly changing the shifts and swapping rota’s without any reasonable explanation other than she can and she will- because it’s definitely not for the clients benefit, I’ve never come across anyone quite like it. Don’t expect to get your unpaid breaks either, you’ll be using those to complete your paper work or travel between customers in the community. With a good manager it could be a wonderful place to work- such a shame.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Everything else!
Good team spirit, up to date technology tools
IS Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear21 March 2018
Busy times due to large transition of IT main ERP system and organisation restructure. Fun times with an almost wholly new team refining process and quality to deliver the best end user experience.
ghjyhuyuyhh
Administrator( permanent position) (Current Employee) –  Dundee City9 February 2018
great place to work with great benefits. excellent employer could not recommended more. Very caring and opportunities to progress are there you work hard
Pros
tht
Cons
hty5ty
Bad experience
Lead (Former Employee) –  South East5 February 2018
Very underhand manager with dubious methods of getting team to do the job. Managers slaging each other off. Basically underhand bullying.
Not enough experienced staff due to low wages.
Pros
Nice team of front line workers. Customers great.
Cons
Managed by untrustworthy individuals.
Great place
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham16 January 2018
Been working here a year and I love it. Best place I have worked. Management are great very family orientated and the customers are great as well. Love being there.
Pros
Staff team, managment and customers
fun place to work
Risk and insurance Apprentise (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne14 January 2018
a typical day at work is reviewing the risks around insurance claims
dealing with insurance brokers
management is very friendly and helpfull
Hardest part of the job is big work loads
Pros
great staff
Cons
lots of work
Very good company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne9 January 2018
I have worked for HG for the last 4 years and have never had a dull day , i have enjoyed every minute of it, meeting and supporting a wide range of people on a daily basis.
Pros
The People
Productive Work Place
Hosuing Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 January 2018
This is a great workplace to work for, very professional and hardworking but also very friendly and with some great employee rewards. This company will always provide staff with the latest equipment (no money spared) to make sure that you're doing your job to the very best.
An amazing place to work
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northumberland5 January 2018
I am only on a temporary contract but loving every minute of my time with the company. Staff morale seems really high too. Hopefully I will get more contract work with them I the future
If you want to feel undervalued, work here
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South West, Cornwall1 December 2017
This is a company who support customers, but have now got in the position where money is more important to them, so customer care is not seen as a priority.
Among the poor wages that are paid, and as a result has recently seen a high turnover of staff within my region, the poor management that run the services is inefficient.
We then look at the people in head office, a bunch of overpaid inexperienced monkeys could run those departments better, especially Procurement, so many of our suppliers are expensive or are breaching the contracts, but they overlook these, corruption at it's best.
Do not recommend this company to work for, unless you want to be underpaid, undervalued and worry about your job security every 12 months
Pros
People you work alongside, casual uniform in office
Cons
Amount of Travel, pointless corporate event days, job security, low salaries, Procurement
Really enjoyed my job
Home Start Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs27 November 2017
I really love to work with people that are going through a family crisis' its really rewarding to see families get back on their feet after a little help from an outsider...job satisfaction indeed..
Pros
making long term friends
Cons
challenging...
Good organisation to work for
Business Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  East Midlands9 October 2017
Good culture, lots of interesting challenges, great people. Varied working day, no one day at work is the same - keeps things interesting.

Good support, lots of in house training. I have learned so much since working there.

Management is approachable and do listen.

The workplace culture is good, the people who work there make it fun.

Many different systems, and changes.

The people you work with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Travel and long hours
Well documented organisation
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2017
A well organised business with thought out processes and procedures. Good selection of benefits for employees. Smart casual dress code allowed in office.
Pros
Agile working
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOME GROUP LIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.