HOME GROUP LIMITED Employee Reviews

Productive and caring
Housing Concierge (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex9 January 2019
Productive, helping , fun, good working environment, colleagues are helpful,caring and friendly even in challenging situations. Best place I've worked so far.
Pros
Develops your social care skills
Cons
Challenging situations
fast pace organisation
support coorditor (Current Employee) –  midlands8 January 2019
great place to work if you have a good manger - lots of grey areas in policy's - as not clear as they should be.

lots of lone working and responsibility
Pros
lots of training opportunitys if you can get the cover to o on them
Cons
shift work
Work within a great small team
Mental health support worker (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham3 January 2019
Great place to work, interesting and challenging job which require a certain skills set, however the salary does not reflect the work which we do in our service.
Loved Working Here
Senior Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire1 December 2018
Loved working here, well run and advanced organisation. Management well run and responsive and all the different departments are well led, well organised and happy to help.
Pros
Well managed organisation
10 December 2018

Thanks for adding your review about working at Home Group. I am glad you valued how well managed the business is.

This place broke me
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 November 2018
Sometimes management was nice. Sometimes management was not nice.

The organisation states that it values diversity, but if you asked a question sometimes management would completely dismiss it.

I lost all of my self confidence because of people being mean to me for no reason.

There was too much hostility in the air. I really liked some of the people I worked with, but I often felt as if I could not speak to people when thigns went wrong. I often did not feel safe and I was afraid to go to work. People should not feel like this at work.

It was frustrating dealing with repairs. I would ring the number and then they said they would get back to me and I had to keep chasing them again and again and again. This made me look as if I was not doing my job and I always had to chase them to see what was going on.

I wish that management could explain things to residents. Many of the mcriticised us for not doing anything. Often I would be on the phone for quite some time because I was chasing something and working hard only to be yelled at. Too much yelling all the time.
Pros
Getting to trvael, meetngi new people, help others, finding people a permanenet place to live which they like
Cons
Management often verbally abusive, taken advantage of by the organisation, people dropping by when you are about to leave the office, and expecting to have full conversations, then they abuse you when you explain that the oiffice is shut, we would be happy to speak to them if they make an appointment, all the time being told off and shouted at - it gets too much sometimes
10 December 2018

Hi, Id appreciate the chance to chat through your feedback, Please drop me a line at recruitment@homegroup.org.uk and let me know how i can get in touch. Regards Simjone

Home Group
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  National31 October 2018
An open and honest culture in the workplace, where people support each other
Working with colleagues to develop successful bids
Working to tighter and tighter deadlines
20 November 2018

Thanks for adding your thoughts and review, like you i also love tehy open and supportive working environment! Regards Simone

Amazing
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham10 October 2018
Been a huge help in my live, was a pleasure to work for, and maybe one day it will happen again, they where fun to work for, learned lots, hardest thing, seeing customers illnesses get worse.
Pros
Learning
Cons
job security
20 November 2018

Hi, thanks for your comments. I can only imagine how tough it can be to support your customers when they are going through tough times. I also know how how supportive our colleagues are in helping each other. It sounds like working at Home Group was a great positive for you! Regards Simone

Great Place To work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 September 2018
I can not give home group CSC a bad review the are a great place to work, friendly, supportive and will try everything they can to help and support you in any situation
20 November 2018

Hi. thanks for adding your comment to these reviews. I am so glad to hear how well colleagues in our CSC (Customer Contact Centre) are supported! Regards Simone

Great frontline staff
Senior Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire30 August 2018
Very high pressured work. Generally understaffed so unpaid overtime is often required. Work life balance can be quite poor.
Very good offices and rewards package though.
Pros
Employee rewards/discounts.
Cons
Incredibly high workload.
20 November 2018

Hi, Thanks for adding your thoughts and feedback to this site. We know the job can be tough going at times, but work hard to ensure that the right support, environment and rewards are in place to help you. Regards Simone

Too large and lost its focus
Partner In The Mix Project (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London21 August 2018
very hierarchical which results in managers finding it more important to climb the greasy pole than support their teams.

Severe bullying culture.

A housing association which in theory is a charity but becomes so large it is effectively a business.
Pros
local working
Cons
culture
Best Around
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Benton31 July 2018
Great place to work, fantastic team of people and unlike other contact centres Home Group management are approachable and will listen when staff talk..
I would go back in a heartbeat was a big mistake leaving
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
Never found one
something different
Level 2 Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Camberley29 July 2018
my typical day at work is to support the clients who are living within the area of camberley, i support them to appointments, run groups for the clients to try and boost their confidence and help them get back into everyday life
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 July 2018
Its a callcentre dealing in calls of 55000 tenants allover the country, of home group, It was busy on daily basis, learned different ways to deal with customers.
Do your research
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne16 July 2018
They paint a pretty picture but just don't look at the back of the canvas. Everything isn't as it appears. It is a fast paced company that continually changes.
Pros
Stimulating working environment
Cons
Changing styles of managment and programs that never quite have time to mature
Good if you live in
Temporary Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  Pinner Station11 July 2018
Not good if you live out. I was employed to live out, but they decided I had to move in which I did not want to do. The residents and my manager wanted me to stay on, but due to the covenant on the flat, they had to get a live in manager. The pay was not good for a live out manager.
Unremittingly dreadful. Don't work there.
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 June 2018
The worst employer I've ever had. Unsafe services, constant restructures, cuts t & cs, understaffed, poor quality management. A culture of bullying and cover ups and the senior management in Newcastle in a bubble. Working there made me ill.
Pros
There aren't any.
Cons
You'll be miserable.
Lovely place to work.
Housing Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camborne, Cornwall27 May 2018
Very busy team, never a dull moment, learnt a vast amount about housing vulnerable adults and the government funding set up for such projects. Colleagues are very supportive and will multitask across departments if necessary. Loved working at Home Group.
Pros
Supportive company, understanding and flexible
Cons
Dreadful unfair patronising yearly assessment system PtP
Great Place to work
Apprentice Events Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear29 April 2018
I worked on a 1 year fixed term contract and thoroughly enjoyed my time here, i dealt with lots of admin work relating to events planning and was given a free brief to develop my ideas within business parameters.
Fun workplace
Family Support Coordinator at (Stonhum) (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk21 April 2018
Days at work. I learned who to work with different people. I managed to work with difficult clients as well as colleagues. We respected all tapes culture. When you work with a difficult colleagues. When you target all the tasks you were given.
Pros
No free transport
Great work life balance
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear3 April 2018
Great work life balance
Good salary benefits
Job security not great they are always restructuring for one reason or another which can have negative outcomes and no rhyme nor reason to those involved
Some fantastic managers and some not
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOME GROUP LIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.