Home From Home Care Employee Reviews

Avoid
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln11 June 2018
Management are not great. They will avoid any confrontation, and avoid coming in to see staff and understand any issues.
The staff teams are not friendly it's a dog eat dog environment, so to get to the top you will be pushed under the bus. People who work hard never get noticed, and unfortunately leave. You get no thanks, you always get told what you're doing wrong, and you get little help.
It all appears fantastic in training, but the reality soon comes crashing in when you go live.
If night staff don't come in, be prepared to have to stay on, the continue working through the next day, you don't get to go home.
Pros
Sometimes food, and drinks
Cons
Long hours, no help, no progression
15 June 2018

Home From Home Care are a dynamic company, focused on providing outstanding care and support for individuals. There are many good people not suited to the demanding nature of working at HFHC, and we always wish them well in finding a better fit.

Goals change and evolve to meet, and exceed, the needs of individuals and these are regularly communicated through staff meetings, core team meetings and One2Ones. Support is always on hand through HR Partners who can sign post to other resources as required.

As an organisation we have a number of specialised roles – these provide the expertise which support our outstanding ethos and allow our support workers to focus on providing exceptional care with the support of these specialists giving practical advice and training. If any of our staff have any queries about what members of our team do we would encourage them to ask others and learn more. Thank you for your feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

18 June 2018

We are sorry you feel this way. Thank you for taking the time to leave a response. Without knowing more about where you worked in the organisation it is hard to respond to your comments, we would value you providing more information to our HR team, please contact them on 01522 246 454 to discuss your concerns. We really value our employee’s feedback and we have procedures in place to ensure our staff feel supported by our managers. Thank you again for your feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

Staff are not valued hence high turn over of staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorrington Bardney .Fiskerton1 June 2018
I loved working with the service users and felt that the standard of care was very good training is also very good I felt at the time that the company was very corporate . fast paced and very chaotic .Goal.posts are continually changing so staff and managers don't seem to know what is expected of them .There seems to be assistant managers coming out of the woodwork and job roles that seem to have been made up and don't really mean anything .There is a very high turn over of staff who do not appear to be valued .I worked with good staff members including managers who became so demoralised and fed up that they left .
Pros
Good training .
Cons
Long hours .Staff not valued .
15 June 2018

Home From Home Care are a dynamic company, focussed on providing outstanding care and support for individuals. There are many good people not suited to the demanding nature of working at HFHC, and we always wish them well in finding a better fit.

Unsupportive
Psw2 (Former Employee) –  Fiskerton, Lincolnshire5 May 2018
I have never worked in a place where management dont want to provide adequate support or listen to their staff. Feeling like your being pushed down and not being supported to progress, when asking about nvq ect no information is provided.
Pros
Providing a sense of worth to individuals
Cons
Hours, rota, pay, staffing levels
15 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We place great emphasis on staff development and training, as well as a collaborative working environment that empowers staff to change the lives of the individuals that we are privileged to support. If this was not your experience we would like to hear more so that we can address this, please contact our HR team to set up a time to talk confidentially. Thank you for your feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

Love my job
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Dorrington, Lincolnshire17 April 2018
Ive prviously worked in retail and this is my first care job. I absolutely love it. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Before the best thing I cld acheive in a day would be to help someone find shampoo now Im helping make a real difference.
The training to start was really good - the trainers are realy fantastic abd help so much. Im looking at starting my nvq now nad there are good opportunites to progress.
Pros
Great opportunities, love working with the guys
18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you are finding your role so personally satisfying and feel you are making a difference. Our staff are absolutely integral in providing the outstanding support we expect everyday. Great to hear how much you enjoyed the training. I will pass this on.

Really welcomng nd friendly
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bardney, Lincolnshire13 April 2018
I love working here, my induction was great and I felt welcome when I started in the home. not 100% confident in new role but looking forward to developing and learning further
Pros
Great training, really feel welcom
18 June 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. It is lovely to hear that you feel so welcome and are getting the support you need to develop and gain confidence in your role.

nice people to work for great group of carers
care assistant (Current Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire19 November 2017
lovely working in the homes of clients and meeting people but would like to be more involved for longer periods on a work base. covers a wide range of different care and support
Cons
long days at weekends
18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you are enjoying working with the individuals and meeting new people. Please speak to an HR partner if you have any concerns or would like further support.

Satisfactory Job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln19 June 2016
A typical day at work would be looking after the Service users needs and making sure they've had there medication, after that comes room management and making sure they have a bath/shower. Throughout the day there would be activities which are Intensive, focused and relaxation based.

I've learned a lot at this job I've also built up my self-confidence and my self-motivation, the job also requires quite a bit of initiative as sometimes you are left alone with your service user,

Management is good and are very helpful, they help to forward employees and enroll them on their NVQ's and other qualifications.

My Co-workers are really good and equally self-motivated, there is a lot of coming and going in care, people are always leaving which is frustrating but luckily we get new eyes into the workplace so it's not all bad.

The hardest part of the job is adapting into the care industry as i'd never worked in this particular industry, it took me a while to adapt and eventually I developed and I became a pretty reliable and hard working member of staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge as the service users all have different learning difficulties ranging from Autism to Physical disabilities. The other thing I enjoy is the self satisfaction I get from making a difference in the service users life.
Pros
Self satisfying, Going on trips, Making a difference.
Cons
Low salary, frequent change of staff due to people leaving.
A nice homely friendly home
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln2 February 2016
A typical day at work is when a service users is showing a behavioural activity and appears to be like nothing is happened afterwards,That everyday is new day. The hardest part of my job is when a service users is showing a behavioural activity and they are unable to express how they feel, this leads me into frustration as i was unable to give them the right support they needed, each of the service users has a good character when they are having a good day they can show a good sense of humour.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
All day
Work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bardney13 November 2015
Challenging days continuously, staff team good on the majority, phyiscal interventions used. medication administered daily
The service users are fantastic
N/a
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ENG4 October 2015
i am a support worker for learning disablites and challenge beahviours, i ahve learned alot from this job how disablites work and how to support in the correvt way, got alot fo training from the company witch was brillant, managment not the best, hardest part of my job would be the menatl side but i love the job and i do anything to show that i love my job, i enjoy at end of my shift i know i have helped someone or supported someone when they needed it then most. and i love that people look up to you by the end of shift.
rewarding role
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Multi-Based23 March 2013
a typical day at work would involve the basics of any care work, supporting those with learning disabilities to complete all personal hygiene and meal time routines. Day to day activities change from individual to individual, these inculde activities such as swimming, horse riding, youth clubs, charitys, and house hold chores.
I have learned other areas whilst being withing this company such as knowledge of Epilepsy and safe holding techniques. My co workers are great people who genuinly care for the individuals within the homes. All friendly and welcoming to new comers. The hardest part of my role is currently the travelling to/from as i am a 'multi-based' member of the team, this involves travelling between Stallingbourough near Grimsby to Dorrington near Sleaford. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you go home knowing you made a difference to that persons life or achieved something as simple as supporting an individual to tie their own shoe laces on their own for the first time.
Pros
free lunches, some mileage expence, high level of training
Cons
travelling long distances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home From Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Home From Home Care Reviews by Location