Home From Home Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Mixed
PSW1 (Former Employee) –  Dorrington, Lincolnshire14 January 2018
The guys in the homes are lovely and it is certainly a rewarding job.
However, the management is poor. You'd have shift given last minute or with only a weeks notice.
The homes were often short staffed meaning you'd end up looking after 4 individuals which is near impossible.
I felt i didn't get the support from the main office when needed. You try and raise a concern and they bully you out.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
poor management and HR
Satisfactory Job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln19 June 2016
A typical day at work would be looking after the Service users needs and making sure they've had there medication, after that comes room management and making sure they have a bath/shower. Throughout the day there would be activities which are Intensive, focused and relaxation based.

I've learned a lot at this job I've also built up my self-confidence and my self-motivation, the job also requires quite a bit of initiative as sometimes you are left alone with your service user,

Management is good and are very helpful, they help to forward employees and enroll them on their NVQ's and other qualifications.

My Co-workers are really good and equally self-motivated, there is a lot of coming and going in care, people are always leaving which is frustrating but luckily we get new eyes into the workplace so it's not all bad.

The hardest part of the job is adapting into the care industry as i'd never worked in this particular industry, it took me a while to adapt and eventually I developed and I became a pretty reliable and hard working member of staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge as the service users all have different learning difficulties ranging from Autism to Physical disabilities. The other thing I enjoy is the self satisfaction I get from making a difference in the service users life.
Pros
Self satisfying, Going on trips, Making a difference.
Cons
Low salary, frequent change of staff due to people leaving.
A nice homely friendly home
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln2 February 2016
A typical day at work is when a service users is showing a behavioural activity and appears to be like nothing is happened afterwards,That everyday is new day. The hardest part of my job is when a service users is showing a behavioural activity and they are unable to express how they feel, this leads me into frustration as i was unable to give them the right support they needed, each of the service users has a good character when they are having a good day they can show a good sense of humour.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
All day
Work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bardney13 November 2015
Challenging days continuously, staff team good on the majority, phyiscal interventions used. medication administered daily
The service users are fantastic
N/a
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ENG4 October 2015
i am a support worker for learning disablites and challenge beahviours, i ahve learned alot from this job how disablites work and how to support in the correvt way, got alot fo training from the company witch was brillant, managment not the best, hardest part of my job would be the menatl side but i love the job and i do anything to show that i love my job, i enjoy at end of my shift i know i have helped someone or supported someone when they needed it then most. and i love that people look up to you by the end of shift.
rewarding role
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Multi-Based23 March 2013
a typical day at work would involve the basics of any care work, supporting those with learning disabilities to complete all personal hygiene and meal time routines. Day to day activities change from individual to individual, these inculde activities such as swimming, horse riding, youth clubs, charitys, and house hold chores.
I have learned other areas whilst being withing this company such as knowledge of Epilepsy and safe holding techniques. My co workers are great people who genuinly care for the individuals within the homes. All friendly and welcoming to new comers. The hardest part of my role is currently the travelling to/from as i am a 'multi-based' member of the team, this involves travelling between Stallingbourough near Grimsby to Dorrington near Sleaford. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you go home knowing you made a difference to that persons life or achieved something as simple as supporting an individual to tie their own shoe laces on their own for the first time.
Pros
free lunches, some mileage expence, high level of training
Cons
travelling long distances