Home From Home Care Employee Reviews

Senior Support Worker
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire3 April 2019
Worked for the company for a while - trainings great and the guys are great, each site’s different but it’s most certainly a good learning curve however for new starters - reality soon comes crashing down on you as soon as you go live as it’s not quite what you get told in training. Management are stuck up and don’t support their staff, if you want to be spoken to badly and then patronised, then this is the place to be. If you raise your concerns and they don’t like it - be prepared to be pushed out and pulled into fact findings and have it turned around on you... it’s quite simple really, if your face fits you’re fine, if it doesn’t - you’re out.
It’s a real shame because the individuals are great fun and pleasure to support... unfortunately it’s always the same ones that are left behind and not looked after properly. Step it up home from home.
Pros
Individuals are great, amazing experiences and knowledge gained
Cons
Unsupportive, Rude, Long Hrs, Running on unsafe numbers majority of the time
You’re lucky to make it passed probation
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire29 March 2019
When I first started to work here in my training stage doing shadow shifts. Staff didn’t talk to you or just made little comments and laughed. (One was the manager) you’re left alone with the individuals on shadow shifts when your supposed to be supported at all times! So that’s a big no no! I had a death in the family so rang in sick obviously to support my family etc then not long after I had shingles and was told by the deputy manager not to come into work. But then I got told I was over on my sick days! You are thrown in the deep end with no support. Staff speak to you with no respect and just throw the individuals wallets at you and get you to sort the money out on your own! They had 1 night staff member that was medication trained so I was having to stay passed my 15 HOUR shift to then sort night meds, even when I was due back in at 7am!! They hired HRs family member then when they were supposed to be shadowing me they refused to come down to the houses to support my individual with me...I’m not going to leave my individual because they had a bad attitude! <—-which is what I got sacked for. Which is convenient when it’s HRs family! If your face doesn’t fit you won’t stay long. Staff members get sacked for managers mistakes! The same individuals get taken out where as the rest just have to sit in the home. If you don’t smoke then you’ll never have a break! If someone rings in sick on a night shift then you’ll be expected to stay and if you don’t they will threaten to sack you! Honestly lovely people! STAY AWAY!
Pros
Pay can be okay
Cons
Management, they change your rota, staff, Hr, only get breaks if you smoke, the company as a whole!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bardney, Ruskington, Dorrington, fiskerton1 February 2019
I have worked for company for 3 years and its one of the best companies I have worked for. All the staff are friendly, management are supportive and always there to listen and always get involved and not just sit back in office. The owners of the company are friendly and care about the individuals. The individuals always go out has much has possible and are encouraged to be independent has much has they can. There is always opportunities for staff to improve and a lot of training.
Pros
Good training and lots of opportunities
Cons
Long hours with no breaks
Nasty liars
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire25 January 2019
It really is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. I knew before I applied they had a bad reputation and a lot of staff turnover. But it didn’t prepare me for how bad it really is. First of all, HR tell you something and then go back on it and deny saying it. Had plenty of disagreements with them. I was never paid properly, as were other staff. The homes are not great. Some staff don’t really seem to care. For a company that calls itself a family run business, it definitely doesn’t show anything of the sort in the homes. Residents don’t really go out on trips like we were told during our training. The company likes to big it self up for newly training staff, but you definitely get a reality check when you start working there. I wouldn’t recommend to me worst enemy.. sort it out home from home care because you have service users and staff relying on you to look after them.
Pros
Cons
Disgusting treatment, not paid, spoke to like rubbish.
Avoid
Psw 2 (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire23 July 2018
Worse place I've ever worked. Don't care about staff or service users. Management are bullies. If your face doesn't fit be prepared for a hard time till you quit. Avoid. Long hours no help.
Pros
At some point you will leave
Cons
Everything else
24 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry you feel this way and we would like to learn more about your experience to address your specific concerns, please contact the HR team on 01522 246454. Without further information we cannot respond more fully but any allegations of bullying are taken seriously and full investigation will be carried out so further details provided can support this. We do really care about our staff and every individual we support and this is embedded in all our practices throughout the organisation so we would like to know more about why you felt this wasn't the case for you. Once again thank you for your feedback and we wish you well in your future career.

home from home
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Dorrington, Lincolnshire29 June 2018
it is so different here to other places i have worked. great training. managers actually support too!! not just sat in an office ignoring everything.we go out alot. it can be tough with long hours but i can plan my life. people actully care here. shouldnt be odd but it is. homes are really nice too, loads of space
2 July 2018

Thank you for writing a review. We really appreciate feedback and we are glad you are enjoying your role.

Fun place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire29 June 2018
Trainers were fantastic when we started, lots of knowledge and really fun sessions. Love the team I work with and the guys are great. It can be tough but it is so worth it.
2 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you really enjoyed your training - the team will be pleased to hear your feedback.

Avoid
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln11 June 2018
Management are not great. They will avoid any confrontation, and avoid coming in to see staff and understand any issues.
The staff teams are not friendly it's a dog eat dog environment, so to get to the top you will be pushed under the bus. People who work hard never get noticed, and unfortunately leave. You get no thanks, you always get told what you're doing wrong, and you get little help.
It all appears fantastic in training, but the reality soon comes crashing in when you go live.
If night staff don't come in, be prepared to have to stay on, the continue working through the next day, you don't get to go home.
Pros
Sometimes food, and drinks
Cons
Long hours, no help, no progression
18 June 2018

We are sorry you feel this way. Thank you for taking the time to leave a response. Without knowing more about where you worked in the organisation it is hard to respond to your comments, we would value you providing more information to our HR team, please contact them on 01522 246 454 to discuss your concerns. We really value our employee’s feedback and we have procedures in place to ensure our staff feel supported by our managers. Thank you again for your feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

15 June 2018

Home From Home Care are a dynamic company, focused on providing outstanding care and support for individuals. There are many good people not suited to the demanding nature of working at HFHC, and we always wish them well in finding a better fit.

Goals change and evolve to meet, and exceed, the needs of individuals and these are regularly communicated through staff meetings, core team meetings and One2Ones. Support is always on hand through HR Partners who can sign post to other resources as required.

As an organisation we have a number of specialised roles – these provide the expertise which support our outstanding ethos and allow our support workers to focus on providing exceptional care with the support of these specialists giving practical advice and training. If any of our staff have any queries about what members of our team do we would encourage them to ask others and learn more. Thank you for your feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

Staff are not valued hence high turn over of staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorrington Bardney .Fiskerton1 June 2018
I loved working with the service users and felt that the standard of care was very good training is also very good I felt at the time that the company was very corporate . fast paced and very chaotic .Goal.posts are continually changing so staff and managers don't seem to know what is expected of them .There seems to be assistant managers coming out of the woodwork and job roles that seem to have been made up and don't really mean anything .There is a very high turn over of staff who do not appear to be valued .I worked with good staff members including managers who became so demoralised and fed up that they left .
Pros
Good training .
Cons
Long hours .Staff not valued .
15 June 2018

Home From Home Care are a dynamic company, focussed on providing outstanding care and support for individuals. There are many good people not suited to the demanding nature of working at HFHC, and we always wish them well in finding a better fit.

Unsupportive
Psw2 (Former Employee) –  Fiskerton, Lincolnshire5 May 2018
I have never worked in a place where management dont want to provide adequate support or listen to their staff. Feeling like your being pushed down and not being supported to progress, when asking about nvq ect no information is provided.
Pros
Providing a sense of worth to individuals
Cons
Hours, rota, pay, staffing levels
15 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We place great emphasis on staff development and training, as well as a collaborative working environment that empowers staff to change the lives of the individuals that we are privileged to support. If this was not your experience we would like to hear more so that we can address this, please contact our HR team to set up a time to talk confidentially. Thank you for your feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

Great ppositive culture
suport worker (Current Employee) –  Ruskington, Lincolnshire17 April 2018
Really refreshing to work in such a motivetaed place. Everyoing at the home really wantds to achieve witht he guys and there is lots of support from everyone at the office.
Pros
vryone works together
Cons
non
18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is really great to hear how motivated you are finding your team and that you are being well supported. Wishing you well in your career with us!

Love my job
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Dorrington, Lincolnshire17 April 2018
Ive prviously worked in retail and this is my first care job. I absolutely love it. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Before the best thing I cld acheive in a day would be to help someone find shampoo now Im helping make a real difference.
The training to start was really good - the trainers are realy fantastic abd help so much. Im looking at starting my nvq now nad there are good opportunites to progress.
Pros
Great opportunities, love working with the guys
18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you are finding your role so personally satisfying and feel you are making a difference. Our staff are absolutely integral in providing the outstanding support we expect everyday. Great to hear how much you enjoyed the training. I will pass this on.

Really welcomng nd friendly
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bardney, Lincolnshire13 April 2018
I love working here, my induction was great and I felt welcome when I started in the home. not 100% confident in new role but looking forward to developing and learning further
Pros
Great training, really feel welcom
18 June 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. It is lovely to hear that you feel so welcome and are getting the support you need to develop and gain confidence in your role.

nice people to work for great group of carers
care assistant (Current Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire19 November 2017
lovely working in the homes of clients and meeting people but would like to be more involved for longer periods on a work base. covers a wide range of different care and support
Cons
long days at weekends
18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you are enjoying working with the individuals and meeting new people. Please speak to an HR partner if you have any concerns or would like further support.

Satisfactory Job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln19 June 2016
A typical day at work would be looking after the Service users needs and making sure they've had there medication, after that comes room management and making sure they have a bath/shower. Throughout the day there would be activities which are Intensive, focused and relaxation based.

I've learned a lot at this job I've also built up my self-confidence and my self-motivation, the job also requires quite a bit of initiative as sometimes you are left alone with your service user,

Management is good and are very helpful, they help to forward employees and enroll them on their NVQ's and other qualifications.

My Co-workers are really good and equally self-motivated, there is a lot of coming and going in care, people are always leaving which is frustrating but luckily we get new eyes into the workplace so it's not all bad.

The hardest part of the job is adapting into the care industry as i'd never worked in this particular industry, it took me a while to adapt and eventually I developed and I became a pretty reliable and hard working member of staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge as the service users all have different learning difficulties ranging from Autism to Physical disabilities. The other thing I enjoy is the self satisfaction I get from making a difference in the service users life.
Pros
Self satisfying, Going on trips, Making a difference.
Cons
Low salary, frequent change of staff due to people leaving.
A nice homely friendly home
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln2 February 2016
A typical day at work is when a service users is showing a behavioural activity and appears to be like nothing is happened afterwards,That everyday is new day. The hardest part of my job is when a service users is showing a behavioural activity and they are unable to express how they feel, this leads me into frustration as i was unable to give them the right support they needed, each of the service users has a good character when they are having a good day they can show a good sense of humour.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
All day
Work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bardney13 November 2015
Challenging days continuously, staff team good on the majority, phyiscal interventions used. medication administered daily
The service users are fantastic
N/a
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ENG4 October 2015
i am a support worker for learning disablites and challenge beahviours, i ahve learned alot from this job how disablites work and how to support in the correvt way, got alot fo training from the company witch was brillant, managment not the best, hardest part of my job would be the menatl side but i love the job and i do anything to show that i love my job, i enjoy at end of my shift i know i have helped someone or supported someone when they needed it then most. and i love that people look up to you by the end of shift.