Home Bargains Employee Reviews

Fullfilling work environment
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford18 February 2018
Excellent place of work with great management and team members and a place that has a community feel to it. I learned that working as a team is vital as well as honesty and reliability is key.
Amazing for most part
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster18 February 2018
Working for the company is amazing for most part, however, if you are working full time mostly you don't just do weekdays sometimes I have to work all week. The pay is okay not amazing, mostly depends if you're management or just normal sales assistant and depends on you're age.
Excellent place to work
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire18 February 2018
I never knew how to work on tills and now I know how to work on tills.
Eveything was confortable to handle however there were a few challenges that I had to overcome.
Pros
Got on with every team member
Or a bad place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire16 February 2018
This is not a bad place to work overall it has a good bunch of people that work there and you can get on with most of them management are ok personally don’t always agree
Good wokrplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 February 2018
Well-paid job and nice atmosphere at work. People are positive about new employees and willing to help. Excellent organization, work worth recommending.
Not Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lytham St. Annes, Lancashire12 February 2018
As i was only employed for a christmas temporary position i didnt really get a feel into home bargains ways and structure i was just put on a till and told 3 key things to do.
not proffesional management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex12 February 2018
was a very poorly run company, was on salary but never did the hours I was required to do always went over and no thankyou. Staff are treated very bad.
Pros
discount
Cons
long shifts
Challenging and hard grafting but enjoyable at times.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dundee City8 February 2018
Home Bargains has a fantastic career progression scheme which always has opportunities as well as much more to offer. It is very hands on and much needed graft but with the correct support, this should be thrived upon.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
Bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exmouth8 February 2018
Home Bargians was a horrible company to work for and i would not reccomend. The managers are very minipulative and refused to pay me money i was owed after i had resigned.
Pros
Cons
everything
Really enjoyed working for this company.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire7 February 2018
Really enjoyable place to work. Good management. Great staff. Got on well with area management. Shop front is usually set out ok. Good products on sale.
Pros
Treat you well at Christmas for your hard work
Cons
Non
It could be better
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hereford7 February 2018
The staff aren't exactly the nicest, rumors get spread around the company fast. The main managers are nice however the lead sales roles aren't as understanding.
Busy work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire4 February 2018
A busy work environment with varied tasks. On the whole enjoyable and a good place to start work, can be challenging during peak times of the year.Lack of a set rota could make planning my personal life difficult.
Pros
Varied work
Cons
No structured rota
Friendly Enviroment
Goods In Operative (Current Employee) –  Liverpool3 February 2018
All workers are very friendly and polite. There is cantene for all employee. they are serving breakfast and lunches. Company is located close to the bus stop, and big homebargains store.
Great Place to Work At
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis3 February 2018
A typical day at work would be quite a fun experience from the moment i walk in the door. I would clock in a few minutes early and from then until i clock out, I am always keeping myself busy asking my management for a new job the moment i have finished the current on I am doing.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
Not great pay
Not bad for a first job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontardawe, South Glamorgan3 February 2018
As a first job, Home Bargains is a good springboard into retail or the world of world in general. However, I would not recommend it as a career builder. Excellent for teens 16-18 as the wage is higher than minimum but very unfulfilling and repetitive.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Messed around a lot
No breaks long hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Derry1 February 2018
Long hours. No breaks. Management just walk about on there phones all day playing games or checking social media, or hide in the warehouse or canteen,constantly getting told to hurry up or we are told we can be taking of the rota, it's no problem to them. Fill shift, you have 45mins to do a cage of stock, whilst having to sort out jumble on your aisle, helping customers, having to constantly move things around and dealing with overstock. Totally unrealistic. Home bargains creates a culture of us against them. No Christmas bonuses of any kind, whilst the red shirts are treated like loyalty by area management. Staff on the floor have no incentives, whilst management collect £££ for all our hard work. Cutting back of employees hrs, being told not to come in, shocking when people need the money the most, in Jan and Feb with bills to pay. I wouldn't even let my worst enemy to take a job with them.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, treated with contempt.
no communtication
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran Town1 February 2018
while working at home bargains there was a lot of hassle other the rota each week and how if it changed i wasn't notified as i only worked weekends and half term.
Store Assistant
Wrekin Retail Park - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire30 January 2018
Working as a store assistant i was working on the tills most days and some days onthe shop floor.

I learned the basics of retail work as i had never done retail work before and dealing with customers face to face.

The hardest part of the job was the awkward shifts working as per rota which were different almost everyday.
It's an Okay workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester30 January 2018
The store I was in wasn't the best of places to work in because one of the staff had favouritism, I enjoyed working with some of the staff.
I used to work on the tills and then on another I would work on the shop floor in the morning, replenishing shelves but only had a certain time limit for each cage we have for the isle we were permitted too.
Awful
Sales asssiant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland28 January 2018
Management are very rude and inconsiderate. Do not ever give holidays, and are very very demanding. The management of the entire company that I have came across are very very rude, area, store, regional etc. The management demand too many hours and tasks and if you even try to explain why you can’t they shout at you....feels like a back at school to be honest. It is a bad bad company to work for, stores are not clean and the equipment is so outdated. The pay is also a disgrace considering most people are working full time. It is a very bad company with a very bad reputation in my local area, I would not advise anyone to get a job in Home Bargains.
Pros
Staff are nice
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.