Home Bargains Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Friendly staff
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port7 October 2018
It’s a great place to work and the staff and mangers are great people and supportive. It’s not difficult to pick up on what you have to do and it chill
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Great Place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire24 September 2018
Great hours and flexibility, poor pay and benefits. Management was fantastic and helpful considering it was my first job. staff were very friendly and lovely.
friendly working environment and good hours
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool28 August 2018
for a first job it's really good everyone who works there is extremely friendly and nice. the hours are very good. really good hours and they can work around you education if you are still in education
Pros
10% discont on shopping paid day out in summer and there a big Christmas party
Cons
can be very busy and can be stressful around chirstmas
Home Bargains
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen15 May 2018
A typical day at work for me would have been starting on stocking up all of the shelves from the stock that came in, if I was needed on tills I would go there and every time I was not needed on the tills I would go back and help out with stocking the shelves so I was always busy and always had something to do there.
Good to fill time
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitehaven, Cumbria10 May 2018
I wouldn't recommend working here with plans to do it in the long run. It's good as a part time job to fill the time, but that's it. The management doesn't care for the employees and always seemed to get a superiority complex over those below them. You were constantly rushed, beyond what you're capable of, and the managers didn't care who might have done something wrong, the first person they'd suspect would always get the blame. Other than that, it's a good part time gig where you go in and keep your head low and leave.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers power trip
Staff nothappy
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley Mill28 April 2018
started work on tills prepared them cleaned them counted float in till to make sure it corresponded with the office then began work i was also on the microphone asking for other team members also management. Most people when asked where not happy there at the end of your 4hr shift you would count your till and go home.
Pros
20% Discount
Cons
Unhappy colleagues and Customers
worse places out there
Customer/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock24 March 2018
I worked there for a few months I generally enjoyed it good banter with staff and customers you worked at a fast pace which made time fly management were nice
Pros
nice clean shop, good banter, good facilities, staff discount
Cons
not long enough hours basic 16 hours, don't earn enough unless you have another job or a student.
Really enjoyed working for this company.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire7 February 2018
Really enjoyable place to work. Good management. Great staff. Got on well with area management. Shop front is usually set out ok. Good products on sale.
Pros
Treat you well at Christmas for your hard work
Cons
Non
awful place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsteignton, Devon24 January 2018
never agree to work at home bargins!
the management is a joke, its run by stupid people who dont care about their employees.
getting very small breaks and treated badly.
Ideal for students
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London23 January 2018
Ideal for students/young people looking for part time hours (20hours or less), not really suited for full-time employment. Staff/management vary on friendliness depending on store location.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Very pressured
Floor assistant
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire21 January 2018
I worked for home bargins before my current job and they are a good company to work for only thing was not enough hours, duties include filling shelfs till operating keeping store clean and tidy
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Not enough hours
not the best
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire7 January 2018
good working environment, unorganised with work times. I got good pay for the hours I worked over the weekend. some weekends it was a good place to be but mostly not the best place to work with
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
changed round working times without informing me
A fun environment
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk28 December 2017
Home bargains is a friendly and fun place of Work. Managers always know how to help in order to get the job done. I learnt how to work under pressure when dealing with different customers and helping them to the best of my ability.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No guaranteed shifts
shelf filling
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester28 December 2017
typical day was arriving at work at 7am getting into the store room have the talk in the morning then jump straight into it
everyone there is friendly so it was easy getting along with everyone
Pros
discounts
Store assistant Ellesmere port Westminster
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire23 December 2017
Rubbish company to work for,if your face doesn't fit forget it,, I needed to take a second job because 16 hours wasn't enough, HB told me that they couldn't guarantee me a late start even though they needed people to work late, other staff members were allowed to have shifts to suit them, I'm glad I'm out of that place
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Horrible management
Terrible inept Management
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrickfergus18 December 2017
The best workers don't get treated well but if you are willing to out drinking with the managers that's how you get preferential treatment.
I worked everyday for two weeks straight covering for everything, then when I asked for a day to be changed I got shouted at and told things like that don't just happen.
Good
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk26 November 2017
Good work place but repetitive work.
Serving customers, filling shelves and keeping store tidy.
Good team work and excellent management team who are very supportive and encouraging
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tunstall, Staffordshire4 September 2017
At work I learn how to deal with customers in a professional manner and show politeness even if they are rude to you. The hardest part of the job is to stay clam when under pressure but I remain calm in them situations.
Shop assistant
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham Abbey4 September 2017
Slightly tedious work. Friendly staff. Quite a lot of heavy jobs involved. Employed lots of different types of people, it was always busy and a very popular shop.
Pros
got a discount card
not bad for first job
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nantwich, Cheshire16 August 2017
i didnt mind working at home bargains. it was my first job and i started out working weekends. only issues were the management went great and they seemed to team up together and not help the staff working on shop floor. stock takes were very long and took most iof the nigh to complete and was expected to be in early the next day if on shift.
Pros
good first tie job
Cons
stoke takes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.