Home Bargains Employee Reviews for Sales Lead

Lead sales. Part time. You will have no you time
Lead sales (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire1 June 2018
I worked he for 5 months. Really liked the job, got a injury and had to take time off. Was struggling with the pain when returned to work. Felt like I was forced to leave. Management unprofessional refused to help with situation. Slagged stuff off behind their backs. 20hr contract a joke was working full time every week. They only give you a 20 HR contract so they can shaft you on holidays. Supervisor, assistant manager and manager, will do nothing and the lead sales have to run around like headless chickens.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management, bad hours no commitment to help staff after serious injury.
Stay on Jobseeker's
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland12 March 2018
I could write a full essay on this job. I'll just summarise it for you.

- Bullies in senior management.
- Incompetent, condescending, backstabbing management.
- Outdated systems.
- Poor pay.
- Contracted days, not just hours.
- Maximum 20 hour contract unless you are a senior manager.
- Short, unpaid breaks.
- quarterly stock take that senior management does not get paid extra for.
- Senior managers do not get paid extra for putting more hours in.
- Lower and senior managers harassed constantly on their days off via Whatsapp groups.
- Holidays are NEVER, EVER actioned. Senior managers deny receiving holiday forms even if handed to them personally in full view of CCTV.
- Constantly monitored and timed.
- Rota times are to be ignored. You will start early and finish late. Every. Day.
- If you're on the first management or fill shifts, you will be required to start at 6.30AM and will not be allowed to leave until you either finish the enormous deliveries, or the shop closes. Whichever comes first.
- Senior managers delegate EVERYTHING. I understand that this is a part of their job, but what is NOT a part of their job is to stand around with their phone on charge taking snaps and browsing the latest LadBible posts while their Lead Sales' do all their work for them.
- You will nearly never get your entitled 11 hours rest between shifts.

This company is awful. It is well known for its bullying culture and has one of the highest staff turnovers in the UK.

Shifts are long, breaks are short, work is hard, management is unsupportive, condescending and lazy, area
  more... and regional managers are a complete joke.

This company regularly shells out money in compensation because they have so many claims. Health and safety does not exist in this company. Worker's rights do not exist in this company. Fair wage does not exist in this company.

You are expected to kill yourself in this company for minimum wage.

If you are unemployed and this in the only place in your area hiring, stay on Jobseeker's Allowance. Seriously. It's that bad.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Literally everything
Very fast paced work place
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Retail26 February 2018
I loved working within this company. Met lots of lovely staff members and customers. Everyday was a different one. Some good, Some bad. The team were good and very hard working.
Worst company
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Truro5 December 2017
Worst company I have worked for. No proper training no help from management. Working hours are not what is stated on rota. When I started all employees telling me to get out I thought they was joking but learnt the hard way!! Stay clear!!
Pros
Contract hours
Cons
Management, no training
Could've been so good.
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Haverhill27 October 2017
Really great company for those who want to progress. Management were good and you were treated well however they really ought to be more honest about the hours you are expected to work. This was my reason for leaving.
Hard, physical work in the main but was usually balanced out by a stint on the tills.
Pros
Staff discount, friendly staff and managers
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant/lead sales (Former Employee) –  Portadown, County Armagh27 September 2017
Home Bargains is a productive, busy environment to work in. You are always kept busy with plenty of work to do and its shift work and also your never doing the same thing everyday so you dont get bored of your job.
Working at home bargains
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands12 September 2017
I've enjoyed working at home bargains, Staff and management are friendly and helpful and its easy to make new friends. Customers are usually friendly but there are some who can be rude and disrespectful.
Leads sales (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 August 2017
Good place to work with weekly pay which is a bonus
Management team fair and consistent
Staff well organised and morale high
Serving customers
Process of refunds
Great team of staff
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Denbigh, Denbighshire8 June 2017
Two days were never the same, Fantastic customers and staff. a brilliant place to work in. Fast paced and busy the hardest part of the job was keeping the shelves full.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Distance of travel and public transport
Just no
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Parkway, sheffield.19 May 2017
Never again in my life. I was bullied by higher management and talked down to in front of my team. I came out most days in floods of tears and wished to be else where.
Pros
Cons
Everything.

Want to know more about Home Bargains?

Ask a question
a day in the life
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 May 2017
i was a manager at home bargains had to date check fresh food organise staff and look after customers get stock out and looking its best at nite i had to sount the tills and the safe
Pros
i was the boss
Cons
pay wasnt that great
its ok to work for
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK25 April 2017
have good an bad days but what job doesnt management are good with hours,holidays etc when required. just some weeks u get part time hours an others full time so cant really say on an actual wage each week but r flexible if u have children.
management jobs best advice is to make sure u get ur proper training whereas i didnt an resulted to stepping back down which was a shame coz i enjoyed the work but not the stress has i didnt know the procedures due to lack of training.
Pros
good opportunity has a first job to get to know how things work etc
Cons
not many hours are offered depending on the size of the stores
Busy and productive
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Tunstall, Staffordshire12 March 2017
Open up shop and bring the fresh delivery in bread and milk. Cash up the tills and put them on. Let other staff in. Fill the fridge and freezer. Sort out daily price changes, put trolleys out and deal with customer enquires instore and on the phone. Do refunds and price over rights. Put other stock out while manage fill shift. Keep shop tidy and manage staff. Cash up at the end of the day,put alarm on and lock up.
productive
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Prenton7 February 2017
making sure shop is clean and i learned being strong minded being in management making sure staff are busy but still have abit of fun. timing is hard
Pros
bounes
It was a Job nothing else
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 February 2017
Polices where never followed only when it suited them..
learned about running a shop,
i was managment for 1 year
same thing every day
nothing enjoyable
Pros
Staff christmas party
Cons
Life sapping
fun workplace
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 January 2017
working at home bargains has been eventful. the management team are amazing and so are the staff, the company is well run and value there workers really well.
Awful place to work
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk2 December 2016
If youve ever wanted to see so many members of staff you work with stab you in the back for promotions.... This is your job. If youve ever wanted to be forced by the management to quit so they dont have to pay you compensation... this is your job.
The store is split into 5 roles, cleaner, fill shift, till, first isle, and rebuild.
To be promoted youre meant to have experience in every field (You dont. Its just the people who give in to management the most).
The management didnt like me because I had morals. They only want people who give in. As a result they did everything in their power to make me quit.
The management moving to the Lowestoft Branch are amazing. Unfortunately those at Great Yarmouth are impossible to work with. If youre thinking of applying for the job, that is great. Just dont expect to enjoy it after the first 4 weeks.
Pros
The team you start with is amazing
Cons
Staff Stabbing you in the back
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne27 August 2016
No carrer advancement, lack of communication with staff and management..over worked and under paid with extra work load having to do a managers/assistant managers job because we never had one
Cons
Lack of communication and no carrer advance
fast paced, retail, varied stock, customer service
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Craigavon14 July 2016
Key holder responsibilities, opening and closing of the store

Money handling, filling the cash registers with the correct change at the start of the day

Cashing up, counting, cataloguing information and banking the cash at the end of the working day

Dealing with customer complaints

Processing returns

Aiding the sales assistants ensuring their time spent is as productive as possible by giving direction and advise

Assisting the interviewing process alongside the managers
Productive & Fun Environment
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Bury7 June 2016
Working at Home Bargains has allowed me to; meet new people, improve my communication skills. It's made me aware of the day to day challenges that come up in retail.

I'd say the most enjoyable part of this job, is that you're always doing something, from putting stock out on the shelves, to making customers happy by serving them or by showing them around the shop for certain products.

My management, which is from the Area Manager to my Assistant Manager. They are always showing a good example to the other workers, on how to do things right. They make the work environment a fun place, but when it's not going well, they make us all aware of the situation.
Pros
Well lengthed brakes, fun, enjoyable
Cons
Poor wages, angry customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.

Home Bargains Reviews by Location