Home Bargains Employee Reviews for Sales Lead

Worst company
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Truro5 December 2017
Worst company I have worked for. No proper training no help from management. Working hours are not what is stated on rota. When I started all employees telling me to get out I thought they was joking but learnt the hard way!! Stay clear!!
Pros
Contract hours
Cons
Management, no training
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant/lead sales (Former Employee) –  Portadown, County Armagh27 September 2017
Home Bargains is a productive, busy environment to work in. You are always kept busy with plenty of work to do and its shift work and also your never doing the same thing everyday so you dont get bored of your job.
Working at home bargains
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands12 September 2017
I've enjoyed working at home bargains, Staff and management are friendly and helpful and its easy to make new friends. Customers are usually friendly but there are some who can be rude and disrespectful.
Leads sales (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 August 2017
Good place to work with weekly pay which is a bonus
Management team fair and consistent
Staff well organised and morale high
Serving customers
Process of refunds
Great team of staff
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Denbigh, Denbighshire8 June 2017
Two days were never the same, Fantastic customers and staff. a brilliant place to work in. Fast paced and busy the hardest part of the job was keeping the shelves full.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Distance of travel and public transport
Just no
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Parkway, sheffield.19 May 2017
Never again in my life. I was bullied by higher management and talked down to in front of my team. I came out most days in floods of tears and wished to be else where.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
a day in the life
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 May 2017
i was a manager at home bargains had to date check fresh food organise staff and look after customers get stock out and looking its best at nite i had to sount the tills and the safe
Pros
i was the boss
Cons
pay wasnt that great
its ok to work for
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK25 April 2017
have good an bad days but what job doesnt management are good with hours,holidays etc when required. just some weeks u get part time hours an others full time so cant really say on an actual wage each week but r flexible if u have children.
management jobs best advice is to make sure u get ur proper training whereas i didnt an resulted to stepping back down which was a shame coz i enjoyed the work but not the stress has i didnt know the procedures due to lack of training.
Pros
good opportunity has a first job to get to know how things work etc
Cons
not many hours are offered depending on the size of the stores
Busy and productive
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Tunstall, Staffordshire12 March 2017
Open up shop and bring the fresh delivery in bread and milk. Cash up the tills and put them on. Let other staff in. Fill the fridge and freezer. Sort out daily price changes, put trolleys out and deal with customer enquires instore and on the phone. Do refunds and price over rights. Put other stock out while manage fill shift. Keep shop tidy and manage staff. Cash up at the end of the day,put alarm on and lock up.
productive
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Prenton7 February 2017
making sure shop is clean and i learned being strong minded being in management making sure staff are busy but still have abit of fun. timing is hard
Pros
bounes
It was a Job nothing else
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 February 2017
Polices where never followed only when it suited them..
learned about running a shop,
i was managment for 1 year
same thing every day
nothing enjoyable
Pros
Staff christmas party
Cons
Life sapping
fun workplace
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 January 2017
working at home bargains has been eventful. the management team are amazing and so are the staff, the company is well run and value there workers really well.
Awful place to work
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk2 December 2016
If youve ever wanted to see so many members of staff you work with stab you in the back for promotions.... This is your job. If youve ever wanted to be forced by the management to quit so they dont have to pay you compensation... this is your job.
The store is split into 5 roles, cleaner, fill shift, till, first isle, and rebuild.
To be promoted youre meant to have experience in every field (You dont. Its just the people who give in to management the most).
The management didnt like me because I had morals. They only want people who give in. As a result they did everything in their power to make me quit.
The management moving to the Lowestoft Branch are amazing. Unfortunately those at Great Yarmouth are impossible to work with. If youre thinking of applying for the job, that is great. Just dont expect to enjoy it after the first 4 weeks.
Pros
The team you start with is amazing
Cons
Staff Stabbing you in the back
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne27 August 2016
No carrer advancement, lack of communication with staff and management..over worked and under paid with extra work load having to do a managers/assistant managers job because we never had one
Cons
Lack of communication and no carrer advance
fast paced, retail, varied stock, customer service
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Craigavon14 July 2016
Key holder responsibilities, opening and closing of the store

Money handling, filling the cash registers with the correct change at the start of the day

Cashing up, counting, cataloguing information and banking the cash at the end of the working day

Dealing with customer complaints

Processing returns

Aiding the sales assistants ensuring their time spent is as productive as possible by giving direction and advise

Assisting the interviewing process alongside the managers
Productive & Fun Environment
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Bury7 June 2016
Working at Home Bargains has allowed me to; meet new people, improve my communication skills. It's made me aware of the day to day challenges that come up in retail.

I'd say the most enjoyable part of this job, is that you're always doing something, from putting stock out on the shelves, to making customers happy by serving them or by showing them around the shop for certain products.

My management, which is from the Area Manager to my Assistant Manager. They are always showing a good example to the other workers, on how to do things right. They make the work environment a fun place, but when it's not going well, they make us all aware of the situation.
Pros
Well lengthed brakes, fun, enjoyable
Cons
Poor wages, angry customers
Horrible company to work for
Sales Assistant and Lead Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Runcorn20 April 2016
I worked for homebargains for touching 6 years and every day i hated the place, it was horrendous...

It was a brand new store i was part of opening in 2008 (Trident Retail Park) when the store was open i was initially on the fill shift starting at 9am and was rostered to finish at 1pm.. not ONCE did anyone get out at that time even for years after... You were told you HAVE TO STAY until all stock is out, deliveries were far to big so we ended up with 30+ cages of over stock every week for most months through the year, but because staff weren't robot or magicians to get everything out we we're "bad at our job and need to improve".... we had to get cages done at first in 1 hour per cage... didn't matter what was on it whether it be big brown boxed items or food cages which were overly packed most of the time with mostly small items, few years passed and they decided that any cage should be done in 45 minutes and then used a stop watch to time everyone working the stock and noting down times.

Store management generally kept themselves busy and dealt with a lot of customers for others to get deliveries/tidying done... but the area and regional managers were to be honest self inflated uptight *****... they didn't care in the slightest if you wanted a social life or need certain days off for appointments and occasions etc.. to them you are their slaves and have to do everything they ordered.

Save going into more angry detail... the short simple answer is:

Do not work for Homebargains, they are a horrible cretinous company to work for, get MADE to work unrostered hours
  more... without and thanks or anything, management are slave drivers... sod it just DO NOT WORK for them avoid them all together.  less
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
The entire company
Nice and friendly
Lead sales (Current Employee) –  SHEFFIELD8 April 2016
always go home with a smile staff great learnt to manage a team work as a team not like it when short staffed otherwise great
Pros
sales assistants great
Cons
stock take
Company alright
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Burton on trent, uk17 March 2016
The company was alright, shame about the management.
The manageress was vile and horrible. Gave you a job to do, then halfway through another and so on and shouted when the jobs aren't done.not surprised they weren't done if she keeps sending people to do new jobs evert 5 minutes.
She also shouted at the staff in front of the customers and made them out to be useless and thick.
The store might run a bit better and happier with new management. I was lead sale by the way and couldn't wait to get out of there.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Breaks and management
excellent team
Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  Bingley6 February 2016
managerial team is the best i have come across, very suppotive and help you to improve and go further. i used to be till staff but manager helped me in all departments when i was promoted eg, trained me on putting out stock which was overs, being more authoritive as i was too friendly and 'soft', and remerchandishing.
the hard part of the job was remerchandising as i used to be till staff and didnt have the skills as i hadnt handled stock before so it was abit hard getting the hang of it but now i do it with no problems!
the most enjoyable part of the job is working face to face with customers as i love interacting and helping people so i love to help with enquiries etc, and i also love to remerchandise too!
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
closes to early at the end of day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8