Home Bargains Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Run away
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Banbridge, County Down3 April 2018
I would not recommended home bargains it is a poorly run company that gives little to no training to the management therefore they lack what managers should be like for example most of them are not very helpful and think they above manual labour and they also treat the staff like they have never work a day in there lives there is no respect and it can be very stressful do to not having more staff on when its needed and being made to work a shift without being asked or notified of it the amount of staff that leave in a small about of time says it all oh and don't think that the area managers are any help all they do is come in and tell you everything you did wrong

This company needs some real help they are clueless
Pros
Making new friends and discount
Cons
Everything else
Good pay for work, bad managment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire27 March 2018
the pay for the work that you do is good, the work is not too hard for what is required, stores are set up neatly so will be able to find where stock belongs easily. However I was under 18 and legally entitled to 30 minute breaks yet was never given another con is if on fill shift you might not known when finish, they aim to finish at 1pm when start at 9am but most days i was finishing around 3pm
Pros
hours, pay for work
Cons
management, don't know when finish
Terrible Place To Work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire26 March 2018
Belittling management, bullying staff, dangerous environment (lack of health and safety). No over time, bad pay. Childish behavior from staff and management
Pros
If you haven't killed your self by the end of the day then you've lived to fight another day
Cons
Working there
Productive Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wednesfield, West Midlands25 March 2018
This kind of job will definitely keep you on your feet! Fun, fast paced and active! It's definitely a decent job for someone who had other priorities. Someone who maybe had kids and can only work within certain time frames, be that days or hours! I enjoyed my time there but the wage was just not enough and the working hours always varied between 8 and 40! I enjoyed interacting with the customers whilst working on the tills as you get to know people over time and how they become regular customers as well as knowing they enjoy the service you provide for them! Always a confidence booster knowing your customers leaving the store happier than arriving.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Varied hours
Terrible workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire21 March 2018
Would never recommend this job to anyone, management is terrible and area managers are even worse, god forbid you're being bullied at work because absolutely nothing will be done about it. You're basically either stacking the shelves everyday or fixing other people's mistakes. If you show them you are capable of doing a good job, they expect you to do everyone's job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex20 March 2018
Working for home bargains is a rewarding experience that rewards staff that shine. I feel my stay and experience there was well spent and positive. The staff were friendly and I felt the management done well to look after their staff.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short hours
Horrible manager
Lead Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 March 2018
One manager In the store was absolutely vile to staff and other members of management from inappropriate comments and ignoring people for a whole 8 hour shift.
I honestly wouldn’t recommend company head office are a joke when putting in a grevence or complaint.
Only good thing is have me a little extra experience.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Enjoy working at home bargains
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port14 March 2018
Work in retail most of my life at the moment work for home and bargains in Ellesmere Port been there since 2016 looking for retail work with more hour's as 16 hour's a week is not enough for me
Pros
Cons
Need more hours
Very enthusiastic and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London13 March 2018
The first place I've felt welcomed and committed to work in, I am very used to the work environment and very open and friendly with the colleagues I am obliged to coordinate with, as if I consider them as a family. I improved myself through every stages of the work experience provided from shelving to stock management, merchandising to cash handling.
Pros
Collaborating with colleagues
Enjoyed my role.
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Harwich9 March 2018
Very friendly, clean environment with various tasks throughout my shift. Here I learned the value of good customer service. A fast pace was expected at times in all areas of the work place.
Pros
Promotion was available.
Cons
Some heavy lifting was required at times.

Want to know more about Home Bargains?

Ask a question
Biased and Unorganised
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex4 March 2018
Absolutely hated the majority of time working at home bargains, treated like an animal with little or no respect from MOST management. Stressful work with no room for error, or prepare for a disciplining from the member of management who happens to dislike you most. Forget the shift time, that doesn’t matter! You can go home when the entire delivery is done sobeit 4 hours over. All with sometimes less than the legal break required. Met some great staff members and customers, it’s just a shame it is ruined so terribly. Can’t say I would recommend it to anyone, pay isn’t exactly enviable or adequate, not to mention you’ll get paid peanuts for the actual work you are doing! Steer clear if at all possible!
Pros
Great Staff and Customers
Cons
Management & Pay
Like a cliques
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitehaven, Cumbria28 February 2018
The store I work at has the most unprofessional management and it is very cliquey like in school, and eoplengetntreat better depending on their relationship with higher staff and everyone just complains about each other behind their back. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Not working weekends.
Cons
Unsupportive management, no sick pay, unprofessional.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morecambe28 February 2018
My shift would involve working with cages of stock from the morning delivery and making necessary adjustments to fit all stock onto the sales floor.
I learned how to be resourceful and use my initiative well.
The management provided me with the relevant information and training needed to complete my tasks effectively.
The most difficult part of the job was being able to be extremely diverse under a tight time pressured environment. But I quickly adapted to the pressure fairly well and it kept me motivated.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the unpredictability from day to day due to the diversity of the role.
Pros
Diverse, productive, motivating
Cons
Irregular shift lengths, unstable hours
Or a bad place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire16 February 2018
This is not a bad place to work overall it has a good bunch of people that work there and you can get on with most of them management are ok personally don’t always agree
Bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exmouth8 February 2018
Home Bargians was a horrible company to work for and i would not reccomend. The managers are very minipulative and refused to pay me money i was owed after i had resigned.
Pros
Cons
everything
Busy work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire4 February 2018
A busy work environment with varied tasks. On the whole enjoyable and a good place to start work, can be challenging during peak times of the year.Lack of a set rota could make planning my personal life difficult.
Pros
Varied work
Cons
No structured rota
Great Place to Work At
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis3 February 2018
A typical day at work would be quite a fun experience from the moment i walk in the door. I would clock in a few minutes early and from then until i clock out, I am always keeping myself busy asking my management for a new job the moment i have finished the current on I am doing.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
Not great pay
No breaks long hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Derry1 February 2018
Long hours. No breaks. Management just walk about on there phones all day playing games or checking social media, or hide in the warehouse or canteen,constantly getting told to hurry up or we are told we can be taking of the rota, it's no problem to them. Fill shift, you have 45mins to do a cage of stock, whilst having to sort out jumble on your aisle, helping customers, having to constantly move things around and dealing with overstock. Totally unrealistic. Home bargains creates a culture of us against them. No Christmas bonuses of any kind, whilst the red shirts are treated like loyalty by area management. Staff on the floor have no incentives, whilst management collect £££ for all our hard work. Cutting back of employees hrs, being told not to come in, shocking when people need the money the most, in Jan and Feb with bills to pay. I wouldn't even let my worst enemy to take a job with them.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, treated with contempt.
no communtication
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran Town1 February 2018
while working at home bargains there was a lot of hassle other the rota each week and how if it changed i wasn't notified as i only worked weekends and half term.
It's an Okay workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester30 January 2018
The store I was in wasn't the best of places to work in because one of the staff had favouritism, I enjoyed working with some of the staff.
I used to work on the tills and then on another I would work on the shop floor in the morning, replenishing shelves but only had a certain time limit for each cage we have for the isle we were permitted too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.

Home Bargains Reviews by Location