Home Bargains Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 1,006 reviews
Treat young people like dirt
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wishaw, North Lanarkshire13 October 2018
I am an 18 year old student working part time and still on my training period when The area manager came in , I was shouted to office. He had a witness in i wasn't offered to bring someone in with me.
We spoke about my training and that i had to speed up.
Fair enough, was told he would come back end of week to speak to me again. I worked hard rest of the week.
I then noticed I wasn't on the rota for the following week.
The area manager didn't come back to speak to me. I approached the shop manager and asked why I wasn't on rota ? To be told
Well am guessing you have been terminated hand your badge in.!!!!!
Don't treat staff as they should.
Still haven't recieved a letter ect from head office to say am paid off, that was 3 weeks ago.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Negative workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughborough14 June 2018
Not a very good atmosphere in the store between staff and management. Not very friendly. Sometimes were made to stay after your shift ended when not asked beforehand if you would be able to stay. Bad communication between managers, one minute you are told to do something then the next minute you are getting told off by another manager for doing that certain job which you were told to do by another manager which is not necessary at all to give the staff a hard time when just trying to do the job correctly.
Pros
fixed hours
Cons
part time and low pay
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham20 March 2018
Serving on the tills,stock replenishment,keeping the store tidy. Management has changed over the years since my employment there.Friendly staff.Enjoyed my time working here.
Enjoyed the job but only part time
Customer Service Advisors (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire20 January 2018
I enjoyed this job but only part time
Enjoyed the work customers people you meet but the only fault were lack of hours
Good discounted store and was busy
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
only one downside
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke17 January 2018
the only real downside that i can think of for home bargains, other than the hours dragging on very long, is that the salary is considerably low for the amount of hours that you're given
Pros
good environment
Cons
salary
Overworked and under appreciated
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Dorset24 September 2017
Store management is poor and for the hours I was doing, the pay was a joke for my age. Facilities are poor and struggled to enjoy my job very quickly.
Pros
Opportunity for flexibility around hours
Cons
Pay was unfair for job I was doing and management was a joke
productive
Till Staff and customer service (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire7 September 2017
A typical working day to me, means being confident, and to emphasize tasks that demonstrate my organisation skills and also help improve them. To also always be organised so the team can effectively use time to exceed clients expectations.
Pros
building confidence and many other life skills
Cons
N/a
Unvalued
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 August 2017
Expected to work all areas of work on each and every shift. Can be called to tills without warning then be penalised for leaving caged unmanned. Disorganized work place.
Home Bargains
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex3 July 2017
The job was easy enough and the people that I worked with were pleasant the majority of the time. There was a nice feel around the establishment but probably wouldn't work there again.
Pros
The people
Cons
Dull and tedious
dead end
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire15 February 2017
zero initiatives drive an unproductive and uncaring workplace. contractually obliged to undertake outdated stock checking duties often into the early hours of the morning whilst still expected to work that same morning.
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southall, Greater London11 February 2017
Customer service assistant, dealing with customer inquiries, returns, refunds and cash handling.closing and opening store, Key holding and cash handling.
it was a very easy going laid back sort of job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough22 December 2016
it was a very relaxed environment, god customer. great staff and a lot of laughs. very easy job to get to and from, made a lot of good friends there..
Worst workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby8 April 2016
Never work for home bargains worst mangers you could have nothing but bullies and wage is really bad. I got moaned at for being late even though i never was. Workers and managers did nothing but spread rumours about each other.
Pros
Cons
Low wage, worst managers, no benefits.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Swinton26 July 2015
No matter what day it was you was always busy, stacking shelves helping the customers find the items they're looking for. The management are really helpful. My co-workers who I worked with are a laugh and also helped me out when I was struggling.
worse place I have ever worked
customer service (Former Employee) –  TUNSTALL15 September 2014
worked fill shift , could not leave until delivery was complete even though my contract was 4 hours a day, did not matter if you have a family to take care off they are not bothered they have no interest in you whats so ever , when I confronted them about not been allowed to just do my contracted hours and having to stay over everyday they said well we told you there would be over time , which yes they did but one thing they do not seem to understand is that overtime is a mutual agreement between manager and staff where the management ask you if you would like to do some extra hours and you agree, but oh no they think that once you step foot in that building you cant go home until they say so , only thing i learned was that the management did not have a clue how to treat people with respect or have any people skills what so ever , I have worked in retail for 18 years and never worked for a company like this , if you want a job that you get respect then stay well away from this company ,they see you as a robot and do not allow you breaks but the area manager and store manager can sit in the canteen all day drinking coffee and the only other thing they do is walk the store and moan at the staff that they need to work faster , nothing is never good enough , well if they actually did a days hard craft then they would see how hard the staff actually work , they need to understand that the people they actually treat like dirt are the people that keep that company going , absolutely disgraceful , I left after 3 weeks as I could not cope with how rude and disrespectful the management  more... were , I felt sorry for the remaining fill shift staff as they were all to scared to speak out in fear of losing there job , with in the few weeks i was there they fired someone nearly everyday , for no reason but as they were still on there probation period they got away with it , so this put fear into staff so they would not say how they were feeling about how they were treated , this made the whole shop a very negative place to be as most staff were very unhappy , would not work for this company again for a thousand pound a week unless they got new experienced area manager and store manager that actually know how to treat people , hope this helps you when looking for a job , please believe me when I say you will be very unhappy if you work for this company .  less
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
management and lack of respect
Enjoyable
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton17 June 2014
I enjoyed helping out at Home Bargains as the manager and co-workers are very polite.
Pros
Socializing with new people
Cons
No cons
work, customer service (Former Employee) –  Aberdare, WLS17 June 2014
Home Bargains was an ideal first part time job, although sometimes was stressful.
Great workplace great people to work with
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, WLS6 February 2014
Enjoyable work environment but the management was not good.
enjoyable
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morley30 November 2013
till work, stock handling, most of mamangement were very nice people, I made one or two good mates there, the job was realtively easy, all of it, I had some good friends there.
horrendous
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe19 October 2013
Overall i think their working team is a poor way to work. The manager wasnt the best of managers i have come across. They just stoood in the warehouse then go for cigerettes and there dinner. Everything was left to the young workers and not much ever got done. It was a stressful job and always tired me out. the management overall was really bad and wouldnt recommend any young students to go for a job there. The hardest part of the job was managing to do the cages in time. As i am a small person id struggle to do one cage in an hour. this is why i lost my job as it would take me around an hour and a half as i had to keep climbing up and down to get stock out of the boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to customers as they managed to put a smile on our faces.
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.

Home Bargains Reviews by Location