Home Bargains Employee Reviews in Cardiff

Leads sales (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 August 2017
Good place to work with weekly pay which is a bonus
Management team fair and consistent
Staff well organised and morale high
Serving customers
Process of refunds
inconvienient
My position is 'Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff28 October 2015
hate working for this company no set shifts, very unorganised, bad management no cover for staff who are ill and poor rosters.
inconvinent
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  cardiff24 October 2015
no set start and finish times and poor management make it hard to have any sort of plans outside of work constantly taking it day by day and hoping delivery turns up on time so you can start work makes it all quite inconvinent
Only for desperate money
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff,24 June 2015
Typical day consists of basic stacking shelves, till work or tidying the shop. Which you can't complain about as that's what a lot of jobs include. It's not hard work and the minimum you will work is 4 hours a day to a max of maybe 12. Management in the shop I had were okay but poor at setting set working hours, your working hours could change each week. My Co-workers were all lovely and very friendly when I joined. However, one thing they all agreed on when I started was every time they leave work, they are left feeling stressed. The majority did not look forward to going to work and a fair few have been looking for other work since the store opened. I wouldn't say the job itself is very hard at all and you can't complain about the hours and pay is minimum wage. My store is apparently the best out all the stores in the city. However overall the place leaves your miserable, most days you wont leave on time and is poor employment.So, that clearly tells you something.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Always left stressed
Productive and fast pace.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff3 September 2014
Home Bargains is a very fast pace retail store, as part of a management team you need to be focused and motivated to get the best out of your employee's. Running your fill shift every morning you need to drive and motivate your team to work the delivery that arrives every morning, not having any part of the store planogram, you need to be able to merchandise new stock that's delivered into sections to make it appealing and shopable for customers. Evenings you run a rebuild team, so any merchandising of new brands and ranges are done, all about being creative. The hours are long and tiring on times, that is the hardest part of the job. I enjoy teaching the staff and also for myself is gaining new skills on how to run a team within a retail store.
Pros
Bonuses every quarter if targets are hit.
Cons
Long Hours
Typical Day
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS10 July 2014
A typical day our full shift team works very hard getting the delivery done on time but we have fun well doing it.as we work our fullshift some staff will also have to work a certain till if need, customer service and will be doing customer service. this job is usually split between two people.
Pros
A lot of over time
Cons
Not May benefits
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS27 June 2014
very busy as it is a retail store
i was till trained
management are polite
my fellow colleagues are very polite
the hardest part was the rebuild of the shop but it was a good challenge
the most enjoyable part is meeting new customers and meeting there needs
Pros
time went faster
Cons
hours were short
A fufilling and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Albany Road2 September 2013
A typical day in work starts with the staff being briefed about what the managers wanted us to do during the shift , whether its working on tills serving the customers or tidying the shop. Then if I was on until close at the end of business I would either serve the last customers of the day or whilst someone else is doing that I would make sure that any parts of the store that are messy are cleaned by myself or other staff on the shift.
The management in this employment do a great job of being friendly and approachable while still being able to be impartial and not let their personal feeling for members of staff get in the way of doing their jobs.
I have a great working relationship with my co-workers as we are all different people with different senses of humour and different backgrounds yet we all get along great and are able to have a laugh whilst still being productive in our jobs.
The hardest part of the job for me is just having to deal with rude customers, its sometimes hard to be polite and calm to a person who is just yelling or complaining , I find it a challenge though I do believe it is something I can handle well.
The most enjoyable part of my job has to be the overall working environment, in work we all get along well with each other and the staff get along with the management and it all works to make us a well-oiled machine.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Rude customers
good place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS16 August 2013
it was really friendly environment to work, go on with colleagues and enjoyed working as a team aswel as working alone.