Home Bargains Employee Reviews in Blackpool

See reviews about:
A Reasonable Company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire30 March 2017
It is a good company to work for as shifts are good lengths, so you can get your contracted hours. Days can sometimes be a bit stressful but they almost always end on a high. I have learned about sales and fraudulent note identity as well as learning about merchandising stock within the shop. The management work well together to ensure the shop is run smoothly and efficiently. The workplace has a friendly atmosphere and the hardest part of the job is probably continuously keeping your eyes peeled for shoplifters as it is hard to determine who is thieving in the store. My most enjoyable part is getting to know the staff and creating new relationships with them and customers that regularly visit the store.
Pros
Discount on shopping (10%)
Cons
Long hours and short breaks
dead end
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire15 February 2017
zero initiatives drive an unproductive and uncaring workplace. contractually obliged to undertake outdated stock checking duties often into the early hours of the morning whilst still expected to work that same morning.
An experience
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool28 December 2015
My experience at home bargains has taught me a lot, that managers always have favourites, and you never gain anything from working hard. I don't mind the long hours, but I do mind working hard and long hours, with a 15 minute break and no thank you, or being told that i'm not working hard enough or fast enough.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
No breaks/ 15 minute break, can only use discount in the shop you work in, and it doesn't work for the online store either.
High Focused
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, ENG29 September 2015
Very fast paced location that requires a lot of monitoring in order to keep the location looking up to standard. Bringing in of new products on a continuous basis
typical temp job
Temporary Staff Member (Former Employee) –  blackpool23 November 2014
replenished stock on shelves and mabe moving stock to make room for other items, then if we were busy i would be required on the till.
Pros
10% discount on items over £10
Cons
no knowing when i would finish.
was a fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, ENG1 May 2014
It was good place to work, learned the job role & how the job role was done, wasn't there long enough to really learn what i woud of wanted, there wasn't really a hard part of the job, it was straight forward i enjoyed the job. staff were okay. management was really nice got on with the main boss, she was lovely. i enjoyed working in a big company and with new people to learn new things
Pros
paid lunches
fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  blackpool10 October 2013
busy and get to meet alot of new people and the best part of the job is helping the customers.
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Blackpool17 June 2013
A typical day would be arriving in store at 5am to unload the stock from the delivery wagons and stack in cages to go on the shop floor ready for shop floor staff to place onto shelves.

After a gap in employment due to my eye operations this was a good role to ease me back into work.
Pros
a good job for a single man, close to home, early mornings which gave me my day free.
Cons
poor pay and not enough hours
Good Employers
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool23 November 2012
Freindly Co-workers and enough work to keep you busy for the day.
Pros
4 hour shifts
Cons
n/a