Holroyd Howe Employee Reviews

Too serious ,need to chill out
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire28 November 2019
Worked for the Company for 4 years, the management although a lot of them don’t seem to see what’s going on! a hard job but staff not rewarded in any way Greedy managers take all the benefits, not even a. Christmas Do or any entertainment budget Shame on you Holroyd Howe
Great company to work for
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Confidential9 November 2019
Although working for HH is hard, we are in the catering industry and if we worked in a restaurant or hotel we would be working just as hard. Standards are high and the problem is that there are many staff who just want to go in do the minimum and then leave. HH are passionate about what they do and really value people who are passionate about food.
Poor
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough8 November 2019
The people you work with are fantastic. The people you work for are absolutely awful . Slave driver . Once you in. Your stuck till you find another job .very rare if your wages are rite .
Work experince
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markyate1 November 2019
I found the work really easy...but uncomfortable to work for..(management made feel uneasy)other staff were ok...
Not very good at explaining things..
5 star employer
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Uppingham, Leicestershire16 October 2019
been working for holroyd howe now for some time, ive had more training in the past year then in the past 20, helpful, supportive staff and managers that let me get on with the job and put value in me.
i get 3 weekends a month off, yes i work hard but i get great rewards.
only work 44 weeks a year as i work in a school but i get paid for 52
productive and fun work place Bishops stortford
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford19 September 2019
I really enjoyed working there for a year. Good managers and colleagues. Resigned due to home move. Really missed the environment and all the fun during at work.
Fab company to work for, great management structure
Chef (Current Employee) –  Surrey4 August 2019
Love working for HH, yes it’s hard work but that’s catering. Work term time only 14 weeks off & only work for 6 weeks max before another break. What’s there not to like. Varied daily work load. If you all work to the end goal, makes the time go quicker and there are reward schemes too.
Pros
Free lunch, term time only, great training and management
Awful company
Chef (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol14 July 2019
Broken promises! Bullies! Talk to you awful! Dont give you chance! Dont promote anyone!
Poor and awful company
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  London23 June 2019
I have been working for Holroyd Howe for over 3 years and the company is awful. The only good part is you work in a lovley school. This is the worst catering company I have ever worked for. It's low payed and you work with alot of bullies. I have seen lots of bad hygiene. To know this company have placed themselves in private schools is terrible.
Pros
You get to work in a good school
Cons
Low pay, bad hygiene, rude company staff
Fun workplace and lots to do
Catering, front of house, cleaning, kitchen help (Former Employee) –  Taunton18 June 2019
My time working at Holroyd Howe was on the whole a possitive experience, my co-workers and senior staff were all friendly and hard working and the pay was moderate however the organisation with salery and shifts was at times poor and caused many issues for all staff.
Pros
Free lunches and Dinner
Cons
Poor organisation and communication
Poor
General Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 May 2019
Worst company I ever work for when this company first come in they sell you a load of Lies to get you on side once they get their feet firmly on the ground all these promises don't mean nothing this company don't care about their workers they work you to death top managers don't even look at you look down at you like a bit of dirt don't even say hello it is coming ever takes over get out quick
Top notch management team from top to bottom!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 May 2019
I have had the most positive experience of any job here in the UK. The management is supportive and knowledgeable. I have opportunities to grow and develop. I feel secure in my position and appreciated for my work. I receive breaks and a free lovely meal daily. I work school hours and terms with additional events as asked. The teams at both locations are helpful and caring. I enjoy my work days.
Pros
Feeling appreciated, a relaxed work approach, knowledgeable team
Cons
Some events have long shifts but this is intermittent and not the norm.
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Howe, UK17 March 2019
Great company with a good team ethos. Holroyd Howe based in private and independent schools they are passionaly Food focused on nutrition and health and well-being.
nice to work with term time only
CHEF MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London22 January 2019
very good job for father he want to spend more time with his family . weekend off . finish early , a lot of holidays , term time only .
big responsibility to work with kids and manage 8 staff .
Absolutely awful company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlands18 December 2018
Oh my! Where do I start! .... absolutely awful company I’ve ever worked for in 15 years! Management is shocking very poor, rude, speak down to you. Avoid don’t put your self through the toucher.
Pros
Getting out of there
Cons
Absolutely everything
Never Again workplace ever
General assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire5 December 2018
I worked here for a few weeks I would never put anyone through this torture chef's all take over too many people in charge has chef is very rude under staff very hard work for minimum wage I would never work here if they paid me £20 per hour
Pros
Can't think of nothing
Cons
Nasty people
Awful place to work at
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London1 December 2018
I had a job with this company for a couple of weeks and found it extremely difficult to deal with. A. There is no meal break for 7 hours shift, instead they push you to do 3 people's job for national minimum wage. B. Head chef has lack of management skills, even though he does not know how to treat staff properly.
C. There is no recipe to follow, everything is cooked in steamer on daily basis. It tasted like rubber, how can you call it Beautiful Food?
Pros
Long paid holiday
Cons
Unfriendly chefs, double jobs, low wage
Avoid
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal high school bath22 November 2018
I would not recommend this ouwfull place to work to anyone. You work as a sleve with break after 6 hours shift. Extremely hard work for such a small money. Staff unfriendly and unhelpful ,very jelouse, just foraign.
If they decide to not keep you they do not pay for a training at home which takes ages about 4-5 days.
Nightmare, the worst work I ever had, where let you down, bullied .
Pros
Cons
Bullied, no brake
Worst place I ever work
General assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire25 October 2018
The chefs take over the manager don't have a say the chef's are bullies felt like a war camp and the head chef got a chip on his shoulder always understaffed you got to do 3 people's jobs and they make you stay to all the jobs are done no appreciation very unprofessional
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too many people in charge
it is nice to work in a team
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  markeyate21 September 2018
hardest part of job is to manage school function but if we work in a team we can manage . I am a good team player and I always finish my work before finishing time so everyone was happy with my . I always try my best to satisfy everyone at work .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8 hour