Holmes Care Group
Holmes Care Group Employee Review

Great residents and great staff!

21 August 2017
During my time at Grandholm, i had many laughs with residents and staff.
Management were really good with my shift work and it was unfortunate that i had to leave due to personal circumstances, which management tried to help me through they were supportive of me and my choices. They believed in me and thought i had potential to do good things.

As many places it has its challenges between staff and whats to be done but each staff member has the residents best interests in mind the whole time.

The best part of the job is growing bonds with the residents, staff and management and it becomes your second family and just like and family its full of stress, tears but most importantly it's full of love,
10 February 2020
Same role
Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Greenock
Present management not as likeable as past management have been in larkfield. Bully tactics she was asked to leave past position cos of this tactics been told from staff member of past position of manager.
26 December 2019
Same role
Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire
Down side was the management and the staff she employed.
Manager knew nothing about private and confidentiality they was no support for the night staff.

Employed anyone just to fill the spaces residents being neglected by the new staff that wasnt properly qualified and trained the list goes on. No team work a big devide between days and nights
14 February 2019
Same roleSame location
Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Aberdeen, Aberdeen City
Salary is ok (although I think for the amount of work you are required it could be a little more) and you can be sure you'll be receiving your money at the end of the month. The residents are usually lovely and you end up loving them in no time.
However, the management is just hilarious, I've never been given the handling training (which is usually given during your first shifts), staff (apart from very few individuals) doesn't know what team-working means and they stab at each other's back. Bank contract, but since the management is very disorganised sometimes you're actually useful but a lot of times you are not, to the extent that there's no point in you being there. At Xmas time everyone was asked for a present, I didn't even know they were giving them.

All in all it's an ok place to work, if you don't mind a disorganised management and very little interaction with work mates.
Pros
salary, flexibility
Cons
no team building, no organisation