Holmes Care Group Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Awful care home!!
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City17 March 2019
Nothing but a horrible care home to work for,
too many chiefs not enough Indians,
you’re made to feel like your not welcome, treated like a piece of cr*p. Too much bullies in the place,
The residents suffered because the staff would be too interested in there personal life and social media at work and telling the other members of staff about there personal life’s.
No support atall from management it was a loosing battle in the place!!
Staff nurses didn’t care about what carers had to say about the residents when there was a problem, it would be left for another member of staff to look at..
Also on occasions you’d see members of staff sitting in rooms on there phones while residents were in bed sleeping.

Definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to work in the care home!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Awful place!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wishaw, North Lanarkshire30 October 2018
I work as a Care Assistant at Beechwood care home and it's a great place to work. Everyone is so friendly kind and supportive. Manager is great and does a really good job and makes an effort with staff.
Pros
Good management and staff in general
Care assistant
Care Assistant on nights (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian25 October 2018
Ive worked for this company good company to work for pay good holiday pay good full support from company when needed, i fell ill and the company supported me 100 per cent esp the manager very approachable at anytime
Pros
All positive
Good company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wishaw30 November 2017
Ive enjoyed many years at the home in wishaw norh lanarkshire worked woth great staff and management hopefully many years to come good company to work for at the moment
Great residents and great staff!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City21 August 2017
During my time at Grandholm, i had many laughs with residents and staff.
Management were really good with my shift work and it was unfortunate that i had to leave due to personal circumstances, which management tried to help me through they were supportive of me and my choices. They believed in me and thought i had potential to do good things.
As many places it has its challenges between staff and whats to be done but each staff member has the residents best interests in mind the whole time.
The best part of the job is growing bonds with the residents, staff and management and it becomes your second family and just like and family its full of stress, tears but most importantly it's full of love,
Great company to work for.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood26 November 2015
I worked as a care assistant in Brentwood and I found the company to be very welcoming. Throughout my time with Holmes i felt as though as I was supported and made to feel as though I was really making a difference.
Pros
Supportive management, fair pay rates.
Cons
Nothing.