Holmes Care Group Employee Reviews

Awful care home!!
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City17 March 2019
Nothing but a horrible care home to work for,
too many chiefs not enough Indians,
you’re made to feel like your not welcome, treated like a piece of cr*p. Too much bullies in the place,
The residents suffered because the staff would be too interested in there personal life and social media at work and telling the other members of staff about there personal life’s.
No support atall from management it was a loosing battle in the place!!
Staff nurses didn’t care about what carers had to say about the residents when there was a problem, it would be left for another member of staff to look at..
Also on occasions you’d see members of staff sitting in rooms on there phones while residents were in bed sleeping.

Definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to work in the care home!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Awful place!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wishaw, North Lanarkshire30 October 2018
I work as a Care Assistant at Beechwood care home and it's a great place to work. Everyone is so friendly kind and supportive. Manager is great and does a really good job and makes an effort with staff.
Pros
Good management and staff in general
Care assistant
Care Assistant on nights (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian25 October 2018
Ive worked for this company good company to work for pay good holiday pay good full support from company when needed, i fell ill and the company supported me 100 per cent esp the manager very approachable at anytime
Pros
All positive
rewarding, responsive, hard work
manager (Current Employee) –  England20 September 2018
Excellent company,Caring leadership including directors. Benefits above average salary for care industry, double time at Christmas time and half bank holidays.

Ethos of company comes from the top, and is infectious down to care staff.

All this equals happy work environment and most importantly happy residents.
Pros
excellent support from directors, management
Cons
long hours, same as all care enviroments
If your face didnt fit, You didnt fir
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland15 September 2018
The manager had written up the new policy "if your face fits". Would support staff in the wrong to shy away from a confrontation. Very lack of understanding about person centered. When complaints were raised even with police involvement the lies that got told to protect people were disgraceful.
Pros
I cant see a pro when it comes to the support that is delivered
Cons
My full time with this shambles of a company.
Supportive management team
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Head office21 March 2018
I have worked at Holmes Care head office based in Upminster and have found the company to be an enjoyable place to work with a very supportive management team and lots of opportunities to develop. My role entailed leasing with the Home managers across the group who I found to be very knowledgeable, hardworking and supportive. Overall a great place to work.
Great place to work!
Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Upminster, Greater London21 March 2018
Everyone is friendly here at Holmes Care Group, it is such a lovely place to work. The management teams are very supportive which makes work life much easier. There are always new opportunities and ways to progress in your job role.
Good company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wishaw30 November 2017
Ive enjoyed many years at the home in wishaw norh lanarkshire worked woth great staff and management hopefully many years to come good company to work for at the moment
Great residents and great staff!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City21 August 2017
During my time at Grandholm, i had many laughs with residents and staff.
Management were really good with my shift work and it was unfortunate that i had to leave due to personal circumstances, which management tried to help me through they were supportive of me and my choices. They believed in me and thought i had potential to do good things.
As many places it has its challenges between staff and whats to be done but each staff member has the residents best interests in mind the whole time.
The best part of the job is growing bonds with the residents, staff and management and it becomes your second family and just like and family its full of stress, tears but most importantly it's full of love,
Great
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire5 July 2017
Thi's was a greatime job the management was friendly and I loved working here. Some colleagues were amazing. Friendly service users and great training
Great management and opportunity
PA to Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Upminster, Greater London21 February 2017
A company with great leadership and vision, the people are fantastic and each day is different, which keeps it an exciting and enjoyable place to work.
The management team are very understanding and supportive and there is always an opportunity to learn something new.
A bunch of bullies!!!!
Carer (Former Employee) –  Bridge of Don11 November 2016
Horrible horrible experience as a carer!!!! The longer serving members of staff ran things!!Even the agency staff! These are the carers I m speaking about!!

I was ignored, bullied, abused and what was worse was the residents invariably suffered because the staff would spend their time giving you the cold shoulder just because........

A very bizarre culture going on there! A really nice manager who from what I could see was fighting a losing battle. How does a care home depend on one carer so much????

You re not made to feel welcome
Pros
I left and never looked back!!
Cons
Full of bullies as carers!!
Management not great
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe12 October 2016
I liked the job in hand, the management wasn't all that, I had a few problems with confidentiality regarding the manager, the rest of the team where all nice and helpful.
Nice place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bonnybridge5 August 2016
I worked for six months on nights but unfortunately had to leave due to starting my own business. A good company to work for which makes you feel valued. Residents were well care for, place very organised.
Pros
Breaks paid for.
Cons
lots of staff changes but many have been there for years.
Professional Team
Operations and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Upminster28 June 2016
Great management with support. Hard working staff to meet peoples needs. Working with some inspirational managers who provide personalised care.
Good Company to Work For
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow31 March 2016
I was a senior care assistant at Almond Court in Glasgow. I really enjoyed my time there. A really nice environment, supportive managers and lots of good opportunities.
Pros
Good Development Opportunities, good management
Great company to work for.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood26 November 2015
I worked as a care assistant in Brentwood and I found the company to be very welcoming. Throughout my time with Holmes i felt as though as I was supported and made to feel as though I was really making a difference.
Pros
Supportive management, fair pay rates.
Cons
Nothing.
Excellent Company with Great Values!
Carer (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton23 September 2015
Good company to work for with support from all managers. Am constantly supported and made aware of development opportunities.
Pros
Being a valued employee
Bad company to work for
Senior care assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton16 May 2015
Operation team treat employees with no respect at all no confidentiality with senior management all followed from Scottish organisation and team up on you
Pros
Nothing at all this company doesn't support staff
Cons
Bad stressful environment
It is fun to work there
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, ENG18 January 2014
This management is very supportive and updates all the training programme, very good atmosphere to work.
Pros
Stress free
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holmes Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Holmes Care Group Reviews by Location