Holmes Care Group

Holmes Care Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews
Fast paced, family firm with strong focus. Every day brought about differing challenges and the ability to use your skills in a variety of different ways.
I have worked for the company for 4 years. Had good opportunities for learning. Have built great relationships with residents and staff alike. No two days are the same. Manager very caring to residents, staff and relatives.
Pros
Feel like part of something wonderful
Cons
Difficult to disconnect emotions when residents pass away.
Not a great company to work for. You work so hard and are not supported properly. There training is poor and all online. They promised for years NVQ’s but never done anything about getting them. They are now shutting our home and we have been left with no jobs. That’s how much they think of us and the poor people who live in there.
Present management not as likeable as past management have been in larkfield. Bully tactics she was asked to leave past position cos of this tactics been told from staff member of past position of manager.
Down side was the management and the staff she employed.
Manager knew nothing about private and confidentiality they was no support for the night staff.

Employed anyone just to fill the spaces residents being neglected by the new staff that wasnt properly qualified and trained the list goes on. No team work a big devide between days and nights
Do urself a favour and don’t go! The manager is a narcissist and has very old fashioned ideas on loads of stuff especially pressure area care and think it’s ok to put young men of under 40 to bed at 2:30 in the afternoon! Manager will give u a different view till u arrive! U will also b expected to work most weekends x
Official response from Holmes Care Group
21 November 2019
We are sorry to hear your experience with Holmes care Group has been a negative one. As employers we strive to make sure all of our employees feel appreciated and acknowledged and are sorry to find on this occasion that is not the case.
Any feedback we receive, good or bad, will be noted by our team at Head Office and fed back to the Care Home on a local basis.
A welcoming, friendly and open work environment.

Having joined this year wanting to progress, Holmes Care Group have really encouraged new ideas. The team are fantastic at making every employee feel valued.
Pros
Shopping Discounts through Hapi app.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Holmes Care Group are a company who truly values their staff and residents and always provide you excellent training and continuous support throughout your career.

It's a great place to work with very knowledgeable management, friendly colleagues and an enjoyable work environment. Since starting at Holmes Care Group I have been given some amazing opportunities and made some lifelong friends!

Truly a great place to work, no matter where you are in your career.
Only work here 1 day a week as a maintenance man ... and enjoyed my time here pay slightly on the low side for the type of work (got offered more elsewhere)
The role is quite demanding, but ultimately very rewarding.
You need to undertake 12 or 6 hour shifts, either night or day.

Management are very supportive, colleagues are great as long as you are willing to work as hard as they do.

Very inovative and often pilot new directions in care. Winner of many awards and recognised nationally as an example to others of good values based practice.
Pros
Making a difference to the lives of others
Cons
It can be a long day.
Poorly managed care home. Manager too friendly with some staff members.
Inadequate training available.

Manager didn’t listen and let certain people get away with murder and then others got in to trouble a case of if your face fits.

Team work didn’t exist and staff had no respect for fellow colleagues

Definitely would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed
Nothing but a horrible care home to work for,
too many chiefs not enough Indians,

you’re made to feel like your not welcome, treated like a piece of cr*p. Too much bullies in the place,

The residents suffered because the staff would be too interested in there personal life and social media at work and telling the other members of staff about there personal life’s.

No support atall from management it was a loosing battle in the place!!

Staff nurses didn’t care about what carers had to say about the residents when there was a problem, it would be left for another member of staff to look at..

Also on occasions you’d see members of staff sitting in rooms on there phones while residents were in bed sleeping.

Definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to work in the care home!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Awful place!
Salary is ok (although I think for the amount of work you are required it could be a little more) and you can be sure you'll be receiving your money at the end of the month. The residents are usually lovely and you end up loving them in no time.
However, the management is just hilarious, I've never been given the handling training (which is usually given during your first shifts), staff (apart from very few individuals) doesn't know what team-working means and they stab at each other's back. Bank contract, but since the management is very disorganised sometimes you're actually useful but a lot of times you are not, to the extent that there's no point in you being there. At Xmas time everyone was asked for a present, I didn't even know they were giving them.

All in all it's an ok place to work, if you don't mind a disorganised management and very little interaction with work mates.
Pros
salary, flexibility
Cons
no team building, no organisation
I work as a Care Assistant at Beechwood care home and it's a great place to work. Everyone is so friendly kind and supportive. Manager is great and does a really good job and makes an effort with staff.
Pros
Good management and staff in general
Ive worked for this company good company to work for pay good holiday pay good full support from company when needed, i fell ill and the company supported me 100 per cent esp the manager very approachable at anytime
Pros
All positive
Cons
Excellent company,Caring leadership including directors. Benefits above average salary for care industry, double time at Christmas time and half bank holidays.

Ethos of company comes from the top, and is infectious down to care staff.

All this equals happy work environment and most importantly happy residents.
Pros
excellent support from directors, management
Cons
long hours, same as all care enviroments
The manager had written up the new policy "if your face fits". Would support staff in the wrong to shy away from a confrontation. Very lack of understanding about person centered. When complaints were raised even with police involvement the lies that got told to protect people were disgraceful.
Pros
I cant see a pro when it comes to the support that is delivered
Cons
My full time with this shambles of a company.
I have worked at Holmes Care head office based in Upminster and have found the company to be an enjoyable place to work with a very supportive management team and lots of opportunities to develop. My role entailed leasing with the Home managers across the group who I found to be very knowledgeable, hardworking and supportive. Overall a great place to work.
Everyone is friendly here at Holmes Care Group, it is such a lovely place to work. The management teams are very supportive which makes work life much easier. There are always new opportunities and ways to progress in your job role.
Ive enjoyed many years at the home in wishaw norh lanarkshire worked woth great staff and management hopefully many years to come good company to work for at the moment
During my time at Grandholm, i had many laughs with residents and staff.
Management were really good with my shift work and it was unfortunate that i had to leave due to personal circumstances, which management tried to help me through they were supportive of me and my choices. They believed in me and thought i had potential to do good things.

As many places it has its challenges between staff and whats to be done but each staff member has the residents best interests in mind the whole time.

The best part of the job is growing bonds with the residents, staff and management and it becomes your second family and just like and family its full of stress, tears but most importantly it's full of love,