Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,421 reviews
Found 1,421 reviews matching the search
In the events department, it's okay if your in education like in college or university and want to earn some money over the weekend. But I wouldn't recommend for someone who needs has a very busy life as you will most likely have to work overtime if there's a delay in service and/or cleanup. My shift pattern was usually 7pm to 3am but I often had to stay a lot later if set up for the next day wasn't complete.

Be prepared for a lot of walking and long periods on your feet. But it's fun interacting with guests and your colleagues while listening to the DJ (may also get pulled into the dance floor by guests too!)
Pros
Nice team, nice food, okay weekend job.
Cons
Long hours on your feet, overtime if your over 18.
Grâce à une ambiance de travail jeune et dynamique, une équipe RH bienveillante et rassurante, j'ai su trouver ma place et contribuer à la vie de l'entreprise.
Of course work is hard but I got used to ,management is trying best but sometimes not fair for all working people there. contract zero from start. After almost 3 years working there still not normal contract.
Great place to work, enjoyed it a lot at the start.
Free food on shifts and management were good, also free gym access. Most of my coworkers were fantastic and it made the job easier. However definitely DO NOT start getting into relationships with staff... probably not a good idea. At all. Makes things extremely awkward and you might end up having to leave your job because of it...Apart from that, lovely place!
in this hotel you are just a number quickly replaceable the managment team rarely gave you support but in my time there as i was only based in the kitchen it was a calm nature full of laughs and team moral
while i worked there and before the hotel was taken over by a different company, it was a good place to work and the team all worked and supported each other. There was a sense of care by staff and some management.
Enjoy my job, management tend to favour other departments housekeeping staff are not looked after by management. Not enough hours work due to recent events
Management is good,flexible time,customer information, everone is friendly nd helping nature, explains and tell about the difference things. Wages are paid on time
Work at Holiday Inn was repetitive and slow paced.
The organisation and priority of jobs could have been better. My immediate manager was fantastic but beyond that there was a total lack of support.
Would not recommend to anyone at all,shocking management very unprofessional always talk about you behind your back.tje other staff make things up and I was targeted for over a year.DO NOT WORK AT HOLIDAY INN!!YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
The people you work with are very friendly and helpful and caring they take the time to train you it's not rushed it all in your pace it is heavy at times meaning when changing the beds
A great place to work. With Flexible friendly management and staff who stive to provide excellent service to there guests highly recommended with many fond memories ..
Pros
Full Training and Qualifications offered and encouraged on site. Meals provided during shifts .
Relaxed work environment management is no good and neither is the salary I would not advise a friend to go and work there as my experience there was not the greatest.
Have been with IHG for almost 2 years and genuinely enjoy it, the team are so supportive within the hotel. I have originally worked at independent hotels and wow it is a huge difference.
Goood even better I guess I don’t wanna talk about this is how I feel about you and I wanna was the way I was going in and out there and then went back
I was a One man band, expected to be a maintenance manager and also fix everything whilst sitting in meeting for hours on end . Thank God I escaped ..
Management are shocking, no training, no help, they don’t care, they don’t listen, then blame you when things are wrong.

Food safety is an issue, anyone cooks with no formal training, food left out on sides for ages, no rotation of stock, nobody cleans during the day, it’s all left up to the night staff.
Was a good place to work pay was great. Hour was also not to great but was good for if you wanted to earn money but not work long days. Managment was good they helped you when you need help.
Worst place you will ever work for, terrible pay and expectations are way too high. Management will never listen to you and work colleagues are very snidy people.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
well organised and friendly staff with accommodating hours and days off . good level of staffing , clean and well organised kitchen and general good atmosphere
A typical day at work there can start off relaxed and then come six o clock someone could phone in sick (which happened a lot) then you could be snowed under at the bar and have no help from the restaurant or management.
Pros
Friendly staff and regular residents.
Cons
For the money you get paid and the very long shifts it's not worth lossing your social life.