Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,191 reviews matching the search See all 14,448 reviews
Okay
F&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham15 January 2019
Working for Holiday Inn was great I loved my time here and I have made some life long friends out of it. However the management has gone down hill massively. I know that anywhere you go there is catty people in the work place but this is horrendous. Don't try and stand your own ground either because they don't like that.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Wages and Managment.
Great Place to work
Deputy/Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside14 January 2019
Great team to work with, busy, fun, always changing. Always something different on a daily basis.

I would go back there in a heartbeat, the shift work sometimes gets in the way off life!
Pros
cheap hotel stays, meeting lots of people
Cons
pay and shift work
Fun place
Guest Service Manager (Duty Manager) (Former Employee) –  Antrim14 January 2019
Overall good working environment.However can be stressful at times.
Good training available. The progression ladder is a bit slow. An employee needs to be a hard worker.
Pros
Free lunches, Other benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Terrible management and standards of work, haydock
Receptionist/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside13 January 2019
The holiday inn haydock used to be an amazing place to work, but due to new management the place has become a place of dread, the GM speaks to people really badly and takes any staff complaints as gossip or negativity, free staff meal is just left overs, 50% discount isn't actually a thing, discounted rates at IHG hotels, you can get better rate on booking.com, heads of departments carnt be bother to deal with any issue just like having the title manager.

This is a massive let down, I was so hopeful about this job as I know people who work at other holiday inns and they carnt speak highly enough about the company, must just be the haydock branch, I actually felt sorry leaving the other staff as they really don't deserve the hassle they get.
Pros
Other members of staff
Cons
Strict rules, low pay, disrespectful gm and terrible hours
Worst place in Birmingham.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport11 January 2019
Where do I even start, this place is absolutely ridiculous. They do not care about your needs they do not care about YOU.
There’s no respect. The shifts are definitely not worth the wage. The hotel manager needs some training himself. You could be working an 8hour shift & still you won’t be getting a break but the break you didn’t take still comes out of your pay!! The team leader / manager will do the rota , put you on ANY shift having full knowledge you cannot work a certain day. You could have a broken leg and they’ll still expect you to work. They don’t give proper training & this is why all the staff leave. This place has some many complaints, the way they treat the staff is disgusting. They make so many promises & never sticks to them.
Staff start and leave within one week of starting because of how terrible the place is.
The guests notice how the staff are treated, that’s how bad it is!
Hotel needs a new management.
Pros
Free terrible food/ friendly colleges
Cons
Wages/hours/management
Good
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Exeter10 January 2019
Cleaning guest rooms to the hotel standard
Replenishing linen and guest supplies
Providing a great guest experience
Reporting any maintenance faults and deal with lost property
Ensuring that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance
with regulations and report any faults to the Head Housekeeper
Pros
Hours
Cons
Heads
underpaid and sometimes unappreciated
F&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 January 2019
each day is different which is good.
other team members are great.
management poor.
hardest part of the job there is no routine in rotas
easiest part of the job interacting with guests
fun at times
Manchester City Centre - General assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 January 2019
this job involved lots of 11pm finishes and not getting home till gone midnight. i would rather a job with more friendly work hours. the duty managers were mostly friendly and easy to get along with. if ever i had any issues i could go to them in confidence
Pros
nice staff
nice environment to work
Leisure Assistant (Current Employee) –  Health and Safety4 January 2019
I have gained a good experience and learnt many thinks, I have received training about lifeguard, how to save the people from the Pool. i was in charge of securing the Pool area.
Chester
N/A (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire1 January 2019
Absolute shambles
Understaffed constantly
Multiple equipment failures, some dangerous, that are not addressed.
No work life balance.
Management make promises they don't keep.
Pros
Its employment
Cons
Basically everything
work at hi
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport30 December 2018
Holiday Inn is not bad place to work on condition you work hard. I have learned a lot what concerns revenue management and improve my Opera skills. Manager are very demanding and it is very difficult to deliver especially that GM and Revenue Manager are very demanding. My workload is as per my Revenue Manager for more then one person but I'm not afraid of working. I think that the hardest part of my job is to satisfy my GM. I enjoy my work because I like what I do.
Pros
free lunches, easy to get by public transport
Great Team
Deputy General Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor23 December 2018
This is a great hotel to work for. Very motivated leadership team who drives the overall employee satisfaction and also guest satisfaction.

You will cherish working for a large management company who operations multiple brands across Europe and US. Progression opportunity with in the portfolio of 60 hotels, Expanding even more every year.
Pros
Working for a large management company and great benefits
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire19 December 2018
Interesting variety of tasks each day, friendly team, learnt in house computer systems for accounts, payroll and numerous other applications. I enjoyed purchase ledger the most.
Fun and productive
Night Porter (Current Employee) –  Huntington, UK19 December 2018
Working during the night was the largest draw-back for the job, though after some time you adjust. The management for FOH was very good and problems were dealt with quickly and all your colleagues felt capable in their work.
fun, hardworking enviroment, and great staff and management
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire17 December 2018
Its fun working in a hotel providing customer service, meeting celebs and ensuring that guests are given the best experience greeting them and attending queries regarding tourism and being of assistance.

You deal guests from vast amount of cultures and countries and from known companies.

Amazing colleagues have left but Express by H.I - Warwick always recruit great staff it is hard to retain good staff the company needs to pay better always a opportunity to progress further.

previous management back in 2002 GM was Fiona Frawley she was dreadful and another male GM who was covering MAT leave who then left to work for a HI elsewhere, the management now has been great overall always ensuring staff are treated well with respect and dignity.

It is busy during breakfast time but it keeps you busy when the buzz is over you deal with check out and prepare for check ins, generally a fun job and to develop yourself kitchen work, no day is the same, you have to be team player and be considerate to one another in the team, its like a family.

I had the best time in Express by H.I for 4 years - Thank you!
Pros
shift work and covering last minute shifts due to staff on sick
Cons
staff and management are supportive and considerate
Busy happy place
Head Banqueting Porter (Former Employee) –  Seaton Burn17 December 2018
Such a long time ago and it has changed so much, was a busy, interesting place, lots of different prole from all over the world to meet and greet. Working there was a window of the world.
Problems or challenges every day but as it was always said never a problem but a chance to excel in what you do.
Pros
every day different
Cons
pay is low.
Friendly but limited shifts
FOOD AND BEVERAGE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ROTHERHAM, UK17 December 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Holiday Inn, people and environment all very pleasant, often having a laugh. However after the Christmas period I was lucky to have one shift a month, and on minimum wage it is pretty much not worth having.
Pros
Live music and free food
Cons
Not enough shifts
Rotten place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway16 December 2018
Dumfries holiday inn - this is a shambles of a place to work. Management sit in their back office and you barely see them. Salary is poor. Christmas Rota not up until very last min for employees to see what they are working. Management don't consider you might have family. Made to work Xmas and new year. No support for anything from management. Very boring place to work. Little to no training. Reception area freezing in winter which makes it difficult to work in. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its okay
Food & Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shepperton, Surrey12 December 2018
PROS:
Staff are friendly - like a big family,
Opportunity to make some great friends,
Learn new skills (customer service),
Having shifts with your friends.

CONS:
Need more English people working there,
Mangers need to do something about the S**T food,
I don't feel like we get enough appreciation from our mangers,
Some people who work there need to be told a lesson on how to be nice people,
Staff get paid too low for how much work they do,
Not allowed free food or 50% off for employees so we have to go starving sometimes.
Execesivo
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Londres12 December 2018
En mi puesto el tiempo ocupaba todo mi vida, en si no tenía vida excepto los días de off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K