Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Good company
Nights Guests Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick23 April 2018
We have a very good team at the Holiday Inn, we all work and help each other out. The shift managers are fantastic and we all work together to make a productive and efficient workplace. The Head Office training is very interesting and the trainers are very knowledgeable.
Fun team - small company, despite big brand
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crawley19 April 2018
No such thing as a typical day, if you want variety, this will be your ideal placve of work.

Friendly team, become friends out of work as well as in.
friendly yet busy
Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire14 April 2018
The work team there are very friendly, caring and easy to work with. As i normally worked morning shifts,a typical day would have the guests come in, take seats and have their breakfast buffet, and i would have to clear plates, glasses, mugs, cutlery and rubbish off of their tables. Then i would have to wipe and set the tables for new guests. The hardest part is definitely trying to keep up with all the tables when its really busy, but thanks to the help of teamwork we're able to push through.
Pros
free lunches, free gym membership, flexible hours
Cons
busy workloads, some horrible customers
Nice company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol10 April 2018
Work/life balance is great.
Workplace atmosphere and routines are good.
I have learned a lot, many skills included working for this company
Management is easygoing and very approachable
productive
kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire10 April 2018
it was ok to work. the training was efficient and management was fair. It was a bit of work to travel there every day but otherwise was good. i acquired lots of skills whist working there. Including cooking and cleaning.
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oxford4 April 2018
Great place to work. Management and colleagues were amazing, helpful and friendly.Great benefits.lots of communication between guests and staff true all the hotel.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard job
Peterborough - chaotic
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire4 April 2018
I worked as a waitress in the restaurant which was ALWAYS understaffed. it's minimum wage which is £5.60 if you're under 21. You are meant to have designated areas in the restaurant but you never stick to them because of how busy and unorganised it is,you end up all over the place. This job took working under pressure to a new level, it was awful. the Chefs are always angry and hard to work with. I was told to deal with customer complaints often just because i had worked there for a few years, even though that should be the supervisor or managerial role. Never got acknowledged for my hard work. At one point i was on £5.60 and asked to train a girl over 21 (on £7.50) who was only there for a few months in summer anyway.
Pros
occasionally got left over chips
Cons
exploitation
The best place to work
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross28 March 2018
Amazing management, work without pressure from management site, good training given before and during shift. Good benefits for staff, appreciate staff during work there by GM
Great management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London27 March 2018
It is a great place to work, with very supportive management and lots of opportunities to develop. I spent 4 happy years working with in the company and would advise it.
Work Placement
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Shepperton, Surrey25 March 2018
The team gave me a very positive work experience placement. I learnt and practised customer service, exercise and health and safety skills. I would recommend,
fun place to learn
Banqueting Staff (Former Employee) –  Gemeente Leiden24 March 2018
when i was working for holiday in it was for school like a
internship it was a nice place to learn the people where very nice for me bud i didnt got payd
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no pay
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Hight Street of Kensington23 March 2018
Hello guys!
Let me tell you something you don't know about this Company, for me it's was a good start to know how it works hospitality in London, as well as it's a lovely place to work for whom it's a harder worker. A hotel is a beautiful place and above all the Company accept all kind of people you don't feel discriminated.
Pros
Free food, Good Managers
Cons
Long hours, hard work
Money driven company, not great conditions for the team members.
F&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 March 2018
Great place to start working in London and to improve your English.
The people from the F&B department was always really nice and always willing to help their colleagues.

On the opposite side you have the top management of the hotel, focusing at all times in results and not on the staff.

One of the lowest salaries I have seen in London (you would get a higher salary in Pret or Starbucks), and always short on staff.
Pros
Great departmental management.
Cons
Bad company management in terms of dealing with people, the only focus is on the tripadvisor reviews.
challenging and fast paced
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holiday Inn Oxford19 March 2018
Originally when I started at Holiday Inn it was run by IHG. Which is a great company to work for.You were sent of to trainings and could bring some great ideas into the place, but eversince Holiday Inn Oxford is now run by a different company it is more challenging.
Pros
Staff lunch, uniforms, benefits
Cons
not enough trained team members
Relaxed and productive environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  West Drayton18 March 2018
A typical day it was usually busy , there was many costumers therefore always something to do. The other workers were friendly and made me feel welcome, there was also a wide variety of cultures. It felt like a multi-cultural society. I worked around christmas holidays when there were many work parties , this was fun as i got to listen to music while working.The hardest part of the job was waking up at 4am to make it to work by 6, however i was never late.
Fun workplace
Hotel Worker (Former Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire17 March 2018
The staff are really nice and work well together. Different jobs and great if you like to meet different people such as different customers. Also it's really chilled place and environment and you get free lunch.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Assistance (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk16 March 2018
Good work enviroment but not that good as rates of overtime or weekends. Working weekends, bank holidays and shifts it's a disadvantage for me, so that's the only reason I didn't stay longer at that job.
Linen Porter (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire15 March 2018
Everyday I'm at work consists of the same thing, Washing and folding towels making sure stock is full and retrieving linen orders. I learnt how to work as a team and gaining confidence in talking to customers and telling them their way around the shopping centre. Management is good and very helpful and understanding. Hardest part is the consistency of going round collecting dirty towels and washing, it's also very boring and can be independent at times. The people were nice and the pay is really good for what the job is, the hours are good if you were to be a housekeeper and greeting customers with a smile makes them feel more at home.
Pros
Good pay and nice staff
Un mois en Angleterre
Serveuse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth UK15 March 2018
Cette expérience m'a essentiellement permis de passer 1 mois en Angleterre et d'ainsi développer mes capacités linguistiques.
working for central at the holiday inn
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rochester14 March 2018
start at 8am, the hours depends on how busy the hotel is. you get set times to clean the hotel rooms in. You have to do job of the day and job of the month. Attention to detail is a must.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K