Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Not good
Not applicable (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk17 July 2018
No support off management, not allowed to talk while working, not always given a break, no food , pay not always right

To much bullying and sniping between staff and management
Pros
Cons
No support from management
n/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lichfield3 July 2018
was housekeeper cleaning rooms to very high standards removing dirty linen making sure clean towels in rooms ,making sure toiletries and condiments topped up
While the GM is easy going, there could be improvements.
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redditch2 July 2018
If you work on F&B, Expect to be always understaffed due to the Guest: Staff ratio.

Pay isn't too bad you get the %2 yearly pay increase, better than nothing I guess!
Pros
Lots of benefits
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Ossett2 July 2018
I was front of house reception and enjoyed my daily task and challenges and meeting new people everyday as well as building relationship with our recurrent guest. Holiday inn acknowledge there staff and always encourage to reach higher and succeed.
Pros
lunch provided and further studying
Cons
can be long pattern shifts
strange place
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham30 June 2018
management are barely seen, staff dont overly get along.
No CCTV in most public places, staff at risk.
Working alone on nights was not what i signed up for
fun
Plan annual holiday for staff (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2018
i was happy
just want change company for personal reason.
it is very good experience fokr having worked for such big international company and strong brand . It wasall about quality standard .
Productive workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk23 June 2018
Work at Holiday Inn, started early in the morning and usually finished mid afternoon but not with an exact time. From working there, my skills and knowledge about lifestyle and cleaning increased and the process of management throughout the day was clear to me how serious the job was as the managers kept a firm eye on all the staff. The work ethic was fast pace and although most of it was done independently, team work was used at the end of the day to keep everyone going and end around the same time. The hardest part of the job was having to try and clean the rooms in a certain time limit as some rooms were messier than others. However the most enjoyable part was getting the rooms in a good condition and making guests happy.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not being sure what time you would finish
Fine
Waiter/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne21 June 2018
Yeah this job was fine. The place is nice and so were the staff. Work and was good. I was paid minimum wage but was given holiday pay even though only worked there for a few months which I'm sure you wouldnt get everywhere.
Steady Job - but pay could have been better.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Harrogate19 June 2018
Pretty steady job, didn't really enjoy it as much cause of the manager and the overtime I was having to do with the lack of staff. But the people who worked there were great! Just felt like sometimes the manager was asking a bit too much for the normal worker to work. The pay could have been much better for the job that you was doing.
not enjoyable
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Fareham12 June 2018
I had to go here to complete my work experience whilst at school but instead of them helping me work with customers they had me clean toilets and the pool.
a very positive and friendly place
Receptionist , barista (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear8 June 2018
I had to do my work experience there and i worked in reception as well house keeping making sure every thing is clean i also had to be a barista in the restaurant
fun and enjoyable place to work
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bexley, Greater London5 June 2018
I really enjoy my time working here, everyone there is really nice we all work well as a team and I am really happy to say this is the best job I have had yet and there is nothing I would change
Great place
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton5 June 2018
My typical day at work would be serving the guests whether it was on the bar, restaurant or room service. The management were great and always helped. the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people every day.
Good learning curve
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  York4 June 2018
Long hours, low pay and little job fulfilment.
Good learning curve to a fast paced work environment.
High staff and management turnover.
Staff morale high due to social aspect of the role.
Pros
Sociable environment
Cons
Long hours, low pay and little in way of job satisfaction
good workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitechapel, Greater London4 June 2018
good place to work in, learned computer systems and give directions to customers that were asking. the staff and CEO, manager was good and kind, taught us our rights and rules, good staff that helped me during my work experience.
disgusting
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cardiff International Airport, Vale of Glamorgan3 June 2018
I worked as a housekeeper in the holiday inn express Cardiff airport, the rooms were disgusting even after they'd been clean, you are given unrealistic time frames to clean all of the rooms in. The way I was treated was just disgusting. The only nice thing I have to say about this hotel is that they have nice coffee. I strongly recommend you not to work here, it is absolutely vile. in my opinion, this hotel needs to be shut down.
Unprofessional management
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth23 May 2018
When working for The holiday Inn,my role was waitress and bar work. The job overall wasn't bad and i was familiar with the role. however the staff and management was very unprofessional.
fun workplace
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guildford21 May 2018
the hotel is intresting to work at as the team and the management work together to accomplish any task that is given to them, everyone pitches to accomplish the jobs.
great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 May 2018
Worked here many years ago- was given a lot of opportunely to work your way up the system and that was great for me and I was young and eager to learn.
Room attendant
Team member (Former Employee) –  England21 May 2018
Do not apply for this job if you don't speak Spanish!
You will shouted at (in spanish) and talked and lied about if you don't speak Spanish at the holiday inn in Hampshire where I worked, and eventually pushed out.
The two bosses are polar opposites, with the one I had a weak willed female boss.
Was promised 25-35 hours/week at interview, but it actually only turned out to be a zero hour contract(one which I never saw)
The work itself is very stressful and busy, turned better towards the end though. Haven't had a call or text in two weeks, so suppose I have been let go..?
Do not apply for this job. You have been warned.
Pros
Nice reception workers
Cons
Being lied to. Being shouted at. Impossible targets. I could go on..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

54K