Hoburne Employee Reviews

Not good management
Entertainments Manager (Former Employee) –  Bashley8 November 2019
At my time there I felt bullied and threatened, not good management form above. Loved the job and guests it’s sad that they let it down by not looking after their staff!!
Lovely place to work for hard work but don’t mind because wicked people to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Paignton3 November 2019
Housekeeping is hard work but nice people you work with makes up for it 👍get paid weekly Double pay bank holidays 😀 good perks all I can say is good good good
Great place to work.
Customer Service Assistant - Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Dorset2 October 2019
Great place to work. I did only work here briefly but it was a great experience and I would recommend this employer and business in general. Thank you.
Absolutely love working for Hoburne!
Food & Beverage Team (Current Employee) –  New Forest1 October 2019
This is a family run business which shows in the management of the Company and its values. This is a great place to work which for me personally has offered an excellent work-life balance, family perks including use of the Holiday Park facilities, discounts on food and drinks, holidays and Golf Club facilities. My team is very supportive, we work hard but have fun too. I feel that the Company and our Managers really cares about its staff - there are always lots of opportunities to train and develop, and the Company supports you with an Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 if you need it. I feel like the Company is always investing in it's people and looking to the future.
A great company, with excellent benefits and opportunities.
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highcliffe26 September 2019
I have worked for Hoburne for four years and love the company. They are very supportive to working parents and offer good employee benefits.

They are excellent at providing the training you need in your job and supporting career progression.

My colleagues are fun and supportive and every day brings something new.
Amazing career progression!
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Hoburne24 September 2019
Coming into the company as an Apprentice has give me knowledge of work life whilst gaining a qualification which I can use later in life. Even though I am in the start of my apprenticeship I know that I am in great hands for my career progression.
Hoburne offers apprentices in all ares of the business so I would most definitely recommend an apprenticeship in an area you find most enjoyable to start your career.
My whole team is really supportive and helpful with my apprenticeship and I know that any questions i have they will be promptly answered by anyone.
As an apprentice they don't pay me the Apprentice hourly rate as they believe no one should be that lowly paid for doing the same job as someone else not on an apprentice.
I think Hoburne is an excellent place to work with a great work culture and I don't feel as I am just a number in a system. I can tell Hoburne really care about my future.
Great Company to work for with Personal Development Opportunities
Admin Team (Current Employee) –  Hampshire30 August 2019
A varied and interesting business offering great opportunities to employees with a fantastic benefits scheme including discounts and holidays.

Training and Personal Development is encouraged in a friendly and enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Personal Development / Employee Benefits / Friendly Teams
Boring and poorly managed
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Hampshire10 August 2019
Supervisors were poor, Staff turned on each other making a very tense and toxic work culture. Work was slow paced and boring. Staff have a poor attitude to working
Realy good employer with loads of opportunity
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Highcliffe6 August 2019
This is a Company with a sound values, a clear mission and a great future. They take care of their staff in the good times and really shine in bad times. Staff are provided with access to a free Employee Assistance program & a team card giving discounts and free access to park facilities.

There are regular training opportunities available including apprenticeships to enhance understanding of your role and to aid career progression.

H&S the best ever encountered backed up by mandatory on-line training covering induction, H&S, First Aid, Equality & Diversity & Disability Awareness and additional role specific modules.

Brand values are clear and compelling and the atmosphere is professional, fun and encouraging whilst maintaining family values.
Pros
Atmosphere, opportunities
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford on Sea, Hampshire22 July 2019
Flexible hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paignton, Devon30 June 2019
A fun busy environment to work in, friendly staff and flexible hours, if there's a problem management is straight on it. However it is low pay for the work you do.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Productive work place good team work
Life Guard Hoburne Park Goodrington (Former Employee) –  Goodrington, UK13 January 2019
Lovely place to work get along really well with all other team members management is good and always a smile on everyone’s faces. Everyone got along and worked together and the pay was really good.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Not enough people in the winter
fun and happy enviroment.
House keeper (Former Employee) –  New Milton9 October 2018
never was one day every the same always things to be done in and around the camp.
given correct training to complete every day tasks to a high standard.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Lifeguard and Leisure Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire28 August 2018
When working at Hoburne Bashley a typical days work would be running activities alongside the entertainments team and other employees, cleaning & ensuring the workplace is tidy and safe for customers, patrolling and lifeguarding pools.

Throughout the last two years at Bashley I have learnt; how to work as a team, how to provide a good customer service to the members of the company, and how to protect/ save life's in emergency situations.

Management there was very good, I knew who my supervisors, managers and line managers were. Not only that but who I could turn to when I had questions that needed answering.

The workplace culture was fun, enjoyable, uplifting and entertaining except from all of the cleaning but that can't be helped!
Pros
Short Hours, Great staff discounts, & great employees that I got to work with.
Cons
Minimum Wage for the job that I did.
N/a
Leisure (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Dorset13 March 2018
Expect everything from staff, give very little in return.
Wage is sub par on simillar companies.
Investment in staff lacks.
Goes against its Brand values that it suppossedly prides itself on.
No loyalty to existing customers or staff members.
Pros
Membership card
Cons
Staff turnover
Part time cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Highcliffe29 January 2018
Was good for a young first job for the weekends and taught me how to keep time and do things efficantly and quickly also taught me a lot about cleaning and home wares
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work very quickly
Friendly and fun work place
Kiosk Attendant & Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 December 2017
A typical day at work would be busy times when you have loads to do like loads of customers to serve, fixing loads of arcade machines and cleaning 5-6 caravans with loads of beds to change and make.
I learnt how to fix arcade machines and refill the tickets, got taught how to take cash and card payments and how to use the touch screen till. Got shown how the manager does her cleaning, making beds etc.
Pros
staff discount and membership
Cons
sometimes can have long hours like split shift on busy times, low pay for kiosk work
Friendly and fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 December 2017
A typical day at work would be changing dirty bed laundry, getting rid of any rubbish and dirty towels.
Making beds and cleaning caravans to a high standard.
Sometimes we can have up to 6 caravans a day.
Pros
Staff discount, membership
Cons
The housekeeping is only seasonal would of liked to stay on up to christmas then restart
Relaxed work environment
Housekeeping assistant (Former Employee) –  New Milton19 September 2017
Very pleasant working environment. Staff were very easy to get along with. I was taught everything that I needed to know to be able to get the job done efficiently.
Fun place to work good people.
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire18 August 2017
Hoburne Holiday parks are a great fun place to work, but the job roles start on a seasonal 0 hour contract so your hours and wage is not guaranteed. but over all i enjoyed working there.