HOBBS London Employee Reviews

Very disappointed thought it will be a good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2018
I have been working at Hobbs for nearly a year and I must admit that the work ethic is very bad. It could be a good company if most of unprofessional people from Head Office will be exchanged for some good people who are supportive and understanding.
Hobbs had gone down in terms of quality, values, people management, support and many more.
Absolutely doesn't recommend for someone who wants to find a balanced and normal job. Since Hobbs had been sold to another company salary gone down as well as the clothing quality.
AVOID
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long and lone trading, no time to take proper lunch for to staff shortage
not great
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge17 September 2017
will take over your life and is very much work based, staff and management are not very social and the company isn't very welcoming your watched at every move
Good place to work part time
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London21 March 2017
Hobbs is a very nice brand and a good company to work with. But in my area there happened to be some issues. My manager had to leave the job cause of her injury and the store was left unmanaged for a good period. They had constant shortage of employees.
Nice work place
Piker (Current Employee) –  Harlesden3 November 2016
I like work here At hobbs , But i work from agency .. And the salary îs not So good.. .. îs a nice place to work nice people .. the job like piker îs demanding .. But i like .. i don't like Because the stuff are very stringent .
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Less hours
Expectational Team and Management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ENG11 October 2015
Hobbs London, has been a fantastic company to work for. The British Company has gone back to its roots making sure that they look after their customers and stick to their loyalty. I really enjoyed working for this company and it has been such pleasure to work with a driven and hard working group of individuals. The management in Windsor has been exceptional to work for and wish them all the very best in the future.
Pros
Team, The Brand, Uniform, Loyalty, Opportunities
Cons
Non
having fun while achieving goals and objectives
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, ENG17 July 2015
providing excellent customer service with the customer,having a good relationship with my colleague.The company provide us trainings to make us competent enough to deal with other.I enjoying it because I love what I'm doing.
Pros
good company
Cons
low salary
Good Part Time Work
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG9 March 2015
A typical day at work involves communicating with customers on a daily basis and ensuring that they leave the store with a positive image of Hobbs. Duties I carry out include things such as till management, standards on clothing rails, and ensuring that the displays are always clean and tidy. I have learned how to communicate effectively with customers of all ages and have gained some customer service skills through dealing with potentially challenging customers in store. I get on well with co-workers which makes the job more enjoyable day to day. The hardest part of the job is occasionally dealing with challenging customers and trying to ensure that they leave the store satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with a variety of people on a regular basis as there is always something new to talk about or pick up on.
Cons
Not very busy/challenging
Friendly staff and good pay
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth Harbour, ENG21 January 2015
During my shifts I would help customers put together outfits, suggesting certain items of clothing. I also had to work on the till, tidy the store and manage deliveries. The management were very experienced and dealt with problems efficiently. Goals were set on a weekly basis which encouraged the employees to sell more. All the co-workers were friendly and welcoming, also very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was prioritising customers as paying attention to who needed your help first was important. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers and seeing them leave the store after a great experience.
Pros
Regular breaks
Enjoyable and creative workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG15 September 2014
A typical day working at Hobbs would enable the opening of the store through cleaning and organizing the stock and shop floor, ensuring we present an attractive shopping environment to our customers. As soon as a customer enters the store I would greet the customer and then provide them with space to shop. I would make sure that the customer knows I am there if they have any questions or queries about the stock.
I would then proceed to show the customer our current stock and strike up a conversation about what they desire that I can help with. Usually, the conversation would lead onto a styling session and I would offer my support until the customer feels as if they had made an appropriate decision. I would stay with the customer as much as they desired, therefore it was important to learn to read customer signals, which would allow me to make the correct decision about the amount of contact which they desired.

Working with Hobbs, I learned to keep a flow of productivity, therefore if the store went through quiet periods I knew that this would be a suitable time to organize stock and replenish the shop floor. Furthermore, through busy periods I learnt to prioritize tasks and ensure other team members were still supported. The store worked as a team on a whole so working together was essential through busy periods.

Each week we were informed on new items of stock and would perform exercises where we pieced outfits together to fit a potential customer criteria, which helped us to practice creating looks.

The hardest part of the job was adapting each individual customer's
  more... style to the stock that we had in store. However, after a while this is something that I began to understand.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the connection that we made with customers and the enjoyment that we were able to provide for them. Many customers came for our fashion advice about important events, therefore it was important that we gave them our full attention.

The management was quite small which meant that we were able to speak to them about personal matters and as a result they were usually resolved quite quickly. However, at times this could also be difficult if you needed to talk about something that was too sensitive as there wasn't anyone to go to before the area manager, which could be intimidating.
Pros
Store discount, good hours
It was a fun place to work but really stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 March 2014
As an assistant manager, organising the staff work load for the day was one of the daily task, but also assisting the store manager in our daily meeting with all the staff.
Making sure all deliveries were in store and dealt with.
Any difficulties with refund or issues with the customers was one of my duty.
The hardest part of the job might have been to ensure that customers were happy and sales assistant doing their job well.
Being able to help and answering queries from other employees was very important.
One of the joy of being part of such successful shop on the high street was to see regular customer coming back for your advice on such or such piece of clothing. Being able to offer more than just a sale, but a real advice, help and seeing them going away happy.
Pros
Been able to buy the clothes at a great discount
Cons
Long Day
Excellent
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ENG11 December 2013
As a sales associate my role is to ensure all customers are welcomed into store and accompanied in looking for the goods and products they would suit, my next step would be to point out key features, names of the collections, trends of the season and why certain items would be useful to them. Informing them of our customer mailing list is also a great way to promote the store and encourage customers to get involved and excited for up and coming offers and events.
I am also in charge of web deliveries and transfers and enjoy merchandising the store around when new collections arrive; when the store is quiet I keep busy writing out replenishment lists, learning about product details or checking up on stock take and figures for the week. I have a genuine desire to ensure all of our customers constantly receive exceptional service.
I learnt how to merchandise and was given a lot of responsibility
Management was fantastic but could have been better i beleive the store could have been more professional given a better work environment
An average week i would work 25-30 hours and loved it!
Pros
Job was very rewarding
Cons
some days we would have as little as 10 customers all day so its a lot of waiting around.
productive, good worklife balance
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 July 2013
the management have always pushed me to do my personal best and have given me the opportunities for further personal development by giving me responsibility and encouragement. it is a fun place of work. the most enjoyable part of the
job would be meeting new customers every day and sharing that passion for the brand and converting new customers to the hobbs brand. I have learned a number of management skills, established great communication skills.