HOBBS London

HOBBS London Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
Hobbs provided the perfect start for a student in the fashion design industry. They are adamant about providing the perfect work to life ratio and cater for many needs with the company perks.
The company as a whole are fab.
Excellent HR and Technical team.

Area managers excelled expectations and always on hand to help.

Staffing structure within the store I was based could have been better, but overall really enjoyed working for the company
The area manager was absolutely insane and pushed multiple employee out of the company. The managers themselves are not kept in check and it is a free for all. Your colleagues do end up becoming like your family and its very sweet. I miss the beautiful clothes that I got so used to and the work pace. If only they paid better and had career progression I would have happily stayed there.
The leader team it was very Bad
She doesn’t understand when someone fell Bad And she get out the people outside company

The break time it wasn’t payed
Ambiente multiculturale, possibilità di fare carriera. Stressante dal punto di vista del raggiungimento dei target di vendita.
Hobbs is a very nice brand and a good company to work with. But in my area there happened to be some issues. My manager had to leave the job cause of her injury and the store was left unmanaged for a good period. They had constant shortage of employees.
Pros
1hr break
A typical work day for me ay hobbs as a stockroom supervisor would be preparing for the daily deliveries, receiving and putting away the delivery and ensuring the stock levels is precise and the stockroom is tidy.
very active and exciting people, Supportive management. Being able to Interact with different people, offer them assistance and advice and making them happy is the best part of the job.
Many store managers were known to not be overbearing and rude. Management more often than not care for their staff and there is often variety in the work you do. Bonus benefits are very good in comparison to many other companies and hourly rate (style advisor) is good but only really better for those 25 and under, it probably isn’t as sufficient for someone with more rent/bills.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Can be quiet, leaving nothing to do
It was a nice company to work for.

friendly and easy to work in.

I left the company due to being pregnant and didnt return to work for two year. I would work there again
I have been working at Hobbs for nearly a year and I must admit that the work ethic is very bad. It could be a good company if most of unprofessional people from Head Office will be exchanged for some good people who are supportive and understanding.
Hobbs had gone down in terms of quality, values, people management, support and many more.

Absolutely doesn't recommend for someone who wants to find a balanced and normal job. Since Hobbs had been sold to another company salary gone down as well as the clothing quality.

AVOID
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long and lone trading, no time to take proper lunch for to staff shortage
will take over your life and is very much work based, staff and management are not very social and the company isn't very welcoming your watched at every move
I like work here At hobbs , But i work from agency .. And the salary îs not So good.. .. îs a nice place to work nice people .. the job like piker îs demanding .. But i like .. i don't like Because the stuff are very stringent .
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Less hours
Hobbs London, has been a fantastic company to work for. The British Company has gone back to its roots making sure that they look after their customers and stick to their loyalty. I really enjoyed working for this company and it has been such pleasure to work with a driven and hard working group of individuals. The management in Windsor has been exceptional to work for and wish them all the very best in the future.
Pros
Team, The Brand, Uniform, Loyalty, Opportunities
Cons
Non
providing excellent customer service with the customer,having a good relationship with my colleague.The company provide us trainings to make us competent enough to deal with other.I enjoying it because I love what I'm doing.
Pros
good company
Cons
low salary
A typical day at work involves communicating with customers on a daily basis and ensuring that they leave the store with a positive image of Hobbs. Duties I carry out include things such as till management, standards on clothing rails, and ensuring that the displays are always clean and tidy. I have learned how to communicate effectively with customers of all ages and have gained some customer service skills through dealing with potentially challenging customers in store. I get on well with co-workers which makes the job more enjoyable day to day. The hardest part of the job is occasionally dealing with challenging customers and trying to ensure that they leave the store satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with a variety of people on a regular basis as there is always something new to talk about or pick up on.
Cons
Not very busy/challenging
During my shifts I would help customers put together outfits, suggesting certain items of clothing. I also had to work on the till, tidy the store and manage deliveries. The management were very experienced and dealt with problems efficiently. Goals were set on a weekly basis which encouraged the employees to sell more. All the co-workers were friendly and welcoming, also very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was prioritising customers as paying attention to who needed your help first was important. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers and seeing them leave the store after a great experience.
Pros
Regular breaks
A typical day working at Hobbs would enable the opening of the store through cleaning and organizing the stock and shop floor, ensuring we present an attractive shopping environment to our customers. As soon as a customer enters the store I would greet the customer and then provide them with space to shop. I would make sure that the customer knows I am there if they have any questions or queries about the stock.
I would then proceed to show the customer our current stock and strike up a conversation about what they desire that I can help with. Usually, the conversation would lead onto a styling session and I would offer my support until the customer feels as if they had made an appropriate decision. I would stay with the customer as much as they desired, therefore it was important to learn to read customer signals, which would allow me to make the correct decision about the amount of contact which they desired.

Working with Hobbs, I learned to keep a flow of productivity, therefore if the store went through quiet periods I knew that this would be a suitable time to organize stock and replenish the shop floor. Furthermore, through busy periods I learnt to prioritize tasks and ensure other team members were still supported. The store worked as a team on a whole so working together was essential through busy periods.

Each week we were informed on new items of stock and would perform exercises where we pieced outfits together to fit a potential customer criteria, which helped us to practice creating looks.

The hardest part of the job was adapting each individual customer's
 - more...
Pros
Store discount, good hours
As an assistant manager, organising the staff work load for the day was one of the daily task, but also assisting the store manager in our daily meeting with all the staff.
Making sure all deliveries were in store and dealt with.

Any difficulties with refund or issues with the customers was one of my duty.

The hardest part of the job might have been to ensure that customers were happy and sales assistant doing their job well.

Being able to help and answering queries from other employees was very important.

One of the joy of being part of such successful shop on the high street was to see regular customer coming back for your advice on such or such piece of clothing. Being able to offer more than just a sale, but a real advice, help and seeing them going away happy.
Pros
Been able to buy the clothes at a great discount
Cons
Long Day
As a sales associate my role is to ensure all customers are welcomed into store and accompanied in looking for the goods and products they would suit, my next step would be to point out key features, names of the collections, trends of the season and why certain items would be useful to them. Informing them of our customer mailing list is also a great way to promote the store and encourage customers to get involved and excited for up and coming offers and events.
I am also in charge of web deliveries and transfers and enjoy merchandising the store around when new collections arrive; when the store is quiet I keep busy writing out replenishment lists, learning about product details or checking up on stock take and figures for the week. I have a genuine desire to ensure all of our customers constantly receive exceptional service.

I learnt how to merchandise and was given a lot of responsibility

Management was fantastic but could have been better i beleive the store could have been more professional given a better work environment

An average week i would work 25-30 hours and loved it!
Pros
Job was very rewarding
Cons
some days we would have as little as 10 customers all day so its a lot of waiting around.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOBBS London. Our community is ready to answer.