HMV Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Really positive workspace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex7 October 2018
The staff members were really enthusiastic and helpful regarding to work, the workload was large but manageable and it was an overall pleasant work experience.
School work experience
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 September 2018
Great place for people to start as something small, really nice staff and really nice helpful manager. Would definitely go back there for a full or part time job!
Pros
Hour break, no competition
His Masters Voice
Sales/Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough8 August 2018
As a company they can be quite strict. With a lot of paperwork involved, at times. Personally I loved working in that environment, with Entertainment Products. I think the company has changed a lot since I worked for them. So I'm not sure what they are like to work for these days.
Pros
Getting to listen to new Music releases early, . They pay over NLW
Cons
Temporary Contract
productive and fun environment.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear14 June 2018
During the short space of time at which I spent at HMV I worked in a small group which organised the stock production and deliveries. I learned to quickly adapt to given roles and how to fit into small groups to assure the production line ran smoothly and orderly. I thoroughly enjoyed this as it was a new experience meaning I could build on my skills and experience new work place settings.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
same tasks everyday
productive and fun
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 April 2018
wasnt there for very long but had plenty of fun along the way and came away having learned a few things about retail life. great team to work with and the management were sound
Enjoyable work experience
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge18 February 2018
A typical day at HMV is constantly learning something new in an environment that is both nurturing and encouraging. I have learnt so much whilst working at HMV that I believe I can apply everywhere in and out of work.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Can be repetitive
Friendly and welcoming enviroment
Stockroom Assistant/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southport30 January 2018
Other employees were incredibly friendly and lovely to be around, building was lovely and clean and comfortable uniform was provided. Loved working there.
fun workplace
STOCKROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  WANDSWORTH, UK12 June 2017
This was for my year 10 work experience, my first time in the field. Worked with another friend which had more experience than me, he helped me understand what was required of me during the shifts.
Work Experience
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston10 June 2017
Only worked here for a week as part of the school work experience program but it was an enjoyable experience and all the staff were helpful and friendly
good for xmas temp
Stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, UK2 June 2017
Hard to gauge as I was only there as an Christmas temp - and nearly a decade ago. Reasonable place to work. Busy over Christmas. Nothing too demanding.
Good work experience
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland10 March 2017
Good, fun, friendly working environment, tasks were well explained for beginning workers, would work there again. Tasks involved putting stickers on products, stacking shelves, helping customers. Management was good. Learned basics about working in a shop.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Seasonal Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex10 March 2017
From the get go I did nothing but enjoy my brief time at HMV: the staff were the friendliest bunch of people I've ever met; the workload always kept me busy and intrigued; and I was always learning new things about the job. Ultimately it never felt like work and not once did I dread going in (I loved it so much I often stayed for an unpaid hour on my shorter shifts). Excellent place to work.
Pros
Hour-long lunches, friendly staff, each day always different, never feels like work
Cons
Occasionally very difficult customers
Great store level enviroment
Stockroom Controller / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole28 July 2016
Great teams make for a positive working environment , although this may vary between stores management in Poole mate great effort to help with work life balance and work on any aspects causing trouble.
Pros
Good discount.
Fun place to work and productive
Seasonal Sales/Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway16 July 2016
I enjoyed working there because I have a great interest in the products they sell and I can share my passion with others. Despite it being busy I felt ok during that time.
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Temporary job, timetables were hard to read
One of the best in Business!
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon24 June 2016
Working as a Warehouse assistant was both challenging but rewarding, also making it part time also granted me time to attend College and I'm great full for that!

My typical shift would involve tidying the warehouse, stocking out and tidying the shop floor, assisting customers etc...

I was only a christmas temp but I'd definitely say this was easily one of the best places I have ever worked for and definitely would love to head back.
Pros
Great Staff discount
Fun workplace, very friendly
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast20 April 2016
Although it was only for a weeks work experience, I loved it there! I wish I didn't have to leave. the people were so friendly, always something to do, always music playing to help you work. Amazing.
Pros
music playing, can talk about movies/games/music with the costumers and employees
Social and Fun workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth4 April 2016
The day would of consisted of sticking labels onto items, before they are stocked onto the shelves.
The management were very helpful and forgiving.
Co-workers were fun and enjoyable. Couldn't say that I didn't get a good laugh or two each that passed. Co-workers were also very helpful when it came to the tasks I was given.
The hardest part of the job was most likely when I was given a stack of CD's and a large roll of labels.
The most enjoyable part was most likely when I was handed a box of unused items to tear apart and throw away.
Pros
Shortened hours if all items have been stocked.
Cons
Can get slightly boring.
fun workplace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester2 February 2016
All the staff are very friendly and outgoing, they have a good time together both during and outside of work.

The job is very simple and easy to do to the standard set by the manager, the manager is very friendly and has great time with the staff.
Pros
discounted products
Stockroom Assistant/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, ENG30 November 2015
I mostly worked independently at this work placement or if not with another member of staff. I would always meet deadlines on tasks that were given to me.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
long hours and being on your feet constantly.
great company to work for
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, ENG14 October 2015
the members of staff at HMV always tried to keep there staff positive it was always a good time there and always kept everyone smiling
Pros
free lunches and travel