HMV Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Work Experience
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston10 June 2017
Only worked here for a week as part of the school work experience program but it was an enjoyable experience and all the staff were helpful and friendly
good for xmas temp
Stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, UK2 June 2017
Hard to gauge as I was only there as an Christmas temp - and nearly a decade ago. Reasonable place to work. Busy over Christmas. Nothing too demanding.
Sometimes fun, mostly stressful
STOCK ROOM CONTROLLER/SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2017
Used to be a well run and plesent company to work for but has lost its way somewhat in recently years due to over complicated processes for the simplist tasks and poor upper management.
Pros
Interesting product
Cons
Poor upper management
Good work experience
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland10 March 2017
Good, fun, friendly working environment, tasks were well explained for beginning workers, would work there again. Tasks involved putting stickers on products, stacking shelves, helping customers. Management was good. Learned basics about working in a shop.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Seasonal Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex10 March 2017
From the get go I did nothing but enjoy my brief time at HMV: the staff were the friendliest bunch of people I've ever met; the workload always kept me busy and intrigued; and I was always learning new things about the job. Ultimately it never felt like work and not once did I dread going in (I loved it so much I often stayed for an unpaid hour on my shorter shifts). Excellent place to work.
Pros
Hour-long lunches, friendly staff, each day always different, never feels like work
Cons
Occasionally very difficult customers
Great store level enviroment
Stockroom Controller / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole28 July 2016
Great teams make for a positive working environment , although this may vary between stores management in Poole mate great effort to help with work life balance and work on any aspects causing trouble.
Pros
Good discount.
Fun place to work and productive
Seasonal Sales/Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway16 July 2016
I enjoyed working there because I have a great interest in the products they sell and I can share my passion with others. Despite it being busy I felt ok during that time.
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Temporary job, timetables were hard to read
One of the best in Business!
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon24 June 2016
Working as a Warehouse assistant was both challenging but rewarding, also making it part time also granted me time to attend College and I'm great full for that!

My typical shift would involve tidying the warehouse, stocking out and tidying the shop floor, assisting customers etc...

I was only a christmas temp but I'd definitely say this was easily one of the best places I have ever worked for and definitely would love to head back.
Pros
Great Staff discount
Fun workplace, very friendly
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast20 April 2016
Although it was only for a weeks work experience, I loved it there! I wish I didn't have to leave. the people were so friendly, always something to do, always music playing to help you work. Amazing.
Pros
music playing, can talk about movies/games/music with the costumers and employees
Social and Fun workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth4 April 2016
The day would of consisted of sticking labels onto items, before they are stocked onto the shelves.
The management were very helpful and forgiving.
Co-workers were fun and enjoyable. Couldn't say that I didn't get a good laugh or two each that passed. Co-workers were also very helpful when it came to the tasks I was given.
The hardest part of the job was most likely when I was given a stack of CD's and a large roll of labels.
The most enjoyable part was most likely when I was handed a box of unused items to tear apart and throw away.
Pros
Shortened hours if all items have been stocked.
Cons
Can get slightly boring.

Want to know more about HMV?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester2 February 2016
All the staff are very friendly and outgoing, they have a good time together both during and outside of work.

The job is very simple and easy to do to the standard set by the manager, the manager is very friendly and has great time with the staff.
Pros
discounted products
Stockroom Assistant/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, ENG30 November 2015
I mostly worked independently at this work placement or if not with another member of staff. I would always meet deadlines on tasks that were given to me.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
long hours and being on your feet constantly.
great company to work for
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, ENG14 October 2015
the members of staff at HMV always tried to keep there staff positive it was always a good time there and always kept everyone smiling
Pros
free lunches and travel
Cons
Enjoyed my work experience as part of the Prince's Trust course
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG18 August 2015
As it was only work experince as part of the course I was on, I didnt get paid for it, but I enjoyed myself regardless.

Most of the time I was spent helping in the stockroom, preparing stock to go out on the shop floor, which involved: placing price tags on CDs, DVDs and other merchandise, folding T-shirts to go out on theshop floor and placing security tags onto the stock. I also helped with anything that needed returning which was basically the opposite to preparing stock to go out.

When I did go out onto the shop floor, I done a variety of tasks, like organising stock, looking for a specific item to see if it was in stock or not, to even helping customers with enquiries.

I also got on well with the staff, as they were helpful when I didn't know where some products were

Despite hurting myself in the second week (due to my own clumsiness) which resulted in me ending up with concussion, I still managed to make the effort to come in on for the last two days of the work experience and even gave them a thank you card on the last day.
Pros
1 hour lunch break.
Cons
Still havent got my reference from the manager.
Job Centre scheme
Trainee Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran22 July 2015
I only did this as part of an employment scheme. I think I would have been taken on but I think management were tied. Volunteer only that is why some things have 2 stars.
fun
stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, ENG16 June 2015
very relaxing place and fun to work with lots of laugh, enjoyed it very much , co-workers were all very friendly and very open to help
A fun and enjoyable workplace.
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth12 June 2015
I really enjoy working at HMV as it gives me an opportunity to indulge my passion for music as well as giving me an insight into the world of retail.
Everyone else who works there has a similar outlook on life and this creates a good atmosphere.
Management are very understanding and helpful but also give you a kick if you need it.
Pros
Great atmosphere and management.
Cons
Not quite enough hours available to me, perfect for part time work.
it was a very fun & production workplace with great staff, i would work there tomorrow if they asked me!
HMV Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENG11 January 2015
I loved working at HMV, it was my favourite job but all through my time i was promised a full time job when i left an that never happened. A few months later they took me on over Xmas but they gave they full time job to another temp because whilst all the other staff were having a coffee before work this guy would start work at 8:45. I was always on time, i never missed shifts, i worked every shift they asked me & I'd been involved since i was 14 but they swept me aside like i didn't matter. One time i was on a rare day off an they phoned me an asked me to come work, i had made plans to visit my dying grandmother so said i could. The best day i went into work an was told if i want the full time job then i have to say yes next time, so from that moment i did everything asked, an then a few months later they still let me go! I went back after i had finished my NVQ1 as a Christmas temp, that came to nothing, so i started my NVQ2 there but at this point i was near 23 an needed to start earning more than £35 per week so i had to leave. This broke my heart as i loved that job, the people, we were always busy doing jobs i loved.
Pros
Best job ever. 30% discount. Good hours.
Cons
promised a job for nearly 4 years an HMV went back on the promise.l
Fast paced and interactive work experience
Stock assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, ENG12 October 2014
Checking stock in, security tagging when required.
Cross referencing with customer order file.
General workaround the store and stockroom, no till work involved as only on a work experience placement
Got on well with rest of workteam, working together in a very productive atmosphere.
good
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  ealing31 August 2014
Very friendly, relaxed group interview. We were given a piece of paper to write our name, then an actress/ actor who would play us in a film and our favourite superhero. We went around the group to explain our choices. We were then split into two group to do a task on customer service and explain our answers back to the other tram and manager. The last task was to sell an item from the store to the manager - this was very laid back!