HMV Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Rubbish
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading6 April 2018
horrible work experience , just had to do everything everyone else didn't want to do , like taking off labels and sorting out the hundreds of dvd's they have , the staff are extremely lazy too.
Pros
n/a
Cons
manager sits and does nothing all day
Wonderful environment
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 December 2017
All the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. They were very friendly and didn't treat the temps any different from other workers. Loved working there.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Short contract
Nice place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  City of Belfast, County Antrim21 August 2017
Nice place to work good place to learn your trade, good perks, good hours, good management team, great working environment, great building a good relationship with loyal customers
Easy and fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 July 2017
Working at Christmas time was very busy but thanks to being part of a great team this was not a problem. Management were very approachable/ friendly and helpful with anything that was brought up.
Pros
great discounts at HMV
Cons
was very busy at Christmas
Great fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling5 July 2017
Great management team, entertaining work environment. All employees were great fun to work with and made you feel welcome. Would definitely recommend applying for a job.
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 May 2017
I enjoyed working at HMV because the other colleagues were helpful and friendly and it was a fun environment to work in. I enjoyed going to work and found that I had still time out of work for friends/family
Work Experience
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford8 March 2017
I did my Work Experience here, it was somewhat ok, i mainly was tasked to re-organise and move stock between fixtures, as well as taking in deliveries and re-pricing stock.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No Pay as Work Experience
Lovely Staff and Environment
Retail Sales Assistant - Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire21 February 2017
I did work experience whilst I was in school here for a week or two, at the time the staff were quite fun and happy to be around. And I was instructed what to do and how to stack and speak to customers which I caught on to.
Pros
Good Break Hours
Cons
Staff didn't really seem too bothered to instruct a while into the work experience.
Productive and Fun workplace.
FLOOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Liverpool15 November 2016
i enjoyed working here the most out of my jobs as i worked with people i liked and was doing things i like i was working around music and DVD's and its something i really enjoy.
decent work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston19 September 2016
It was overall not a bad job, decent colleges, decent manager, nice hours. The hardest part was running out of things to do!
Retail assistance (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill31 May 2016
This was a good experience being able to be apart of a supportive team. A typical day would involve stock taking and helping customers
stock room
Store Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton23 February 2016
working in the stock room of HMV was awesome, help to bring the new stock in, unpack, label and get ready to be on the shop floor, the staff in there were hilarious and a great to work with.
Pros
nicely places in the town centre
Cons
boring if you're just stuck labelling products
work experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead6 February 2016
due to the low salary review I chose to do my work experience there so we didn't get paid, but apart from that the staff were really friendly and they helped me if I was stuck and were always around if I had any questions. the most enjoyable part of working at hmv is going to work in a happy cheerful environment and helping costumers with there shopping needs however the hardest part would be that we never stooped there was loads to do, which is also the most enjoyable but some days it can be harder then others.
Pros
good breaks, play games at break
Great team work
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG19 October 2015
My daily experience included working as part of a team top help maintain the shop floor and make sure everything was in working order and our team made sure this happened
Productive and Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead28 September 2015
A great work environment, with friendly colleagues, supportive managers and an all round good atmosphere. I enjoyed liasing with customers, helping them find the right products for them and advising on other products I thought they'd enjoy
Had fun while doing my job experience
Retail Assistant trainee (Former Employee) –  Fulham, ENG4 September 2015
I only a week there to experience what I could be doing during my time at university, and the manager said that I did such a good job, he would hire me to do work there.

Every day was something different, whether it would be helping out putting all the stock to the shop floor, to cleaning the shop floor and organizing the products on the shelve.

The staff there were great, the manager did a good job of putting people in the right place, however, there was a couple of coworkers who would take advantage of my place during that time, however, the managers manage to keep me from doing my job, and the co worker doing her job.

The hardest part of the job was getting through it, which is what the is, and I like to give myself a good challenge to keep an active mind on things

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was relaxed while doing the task at hand, with nobody distracting me from my work, I was really happy

Of course, during this time I didn't get paid for what I've done, because it was my job experience during school, students don't get paid for work during that week period.
Pros
coworkers asking to finish duties so they can leave
Cons
work was great, staff were great
Days at work in HMV
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 July 2015
it was always calm never busy the only busy days was the weekends but always having a smile on my face and focusing only on the customers was my main priority every now and then we would get a few angry customers because their dvd or CDs wasn;t working so I simply just asked them to calm down and i would replace it i was working 9 till 5 lunch was at 12:30 till 1:30 and on saturdays i would work 10 til 3
Pros
free DVDs
Cons
too hot inside
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Poole, ENG25 July 2015
Learned a lot about shop retail and gained experience of what goes on in a work place, had to carry out many tasks such as shop presentation, Pricing and Labelling goods
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Long Hours, Low Pay
fun working place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, SCT26 June 2015
staff and management where easy to get along with great work environment help out the customers in the shop was great but tough at the same time
Like any other retail job
Christmas Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe23 June 2015
Like any other retail job a typical day included stock checking and serving customer and replenishing stock when it was running low.

Sometimes hard to get on with other staff as everyone seemed very seperate. It didn't feel like there was a lot of kamraderie between us.