HMV Employee Reviews in Manchester

See reviews about:
Amazing place to work
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG16 May 2015
I loved working at HMV but I was only there for a month for the Christmas Temp role. I love the products they sell and I love helping people find the products they are looking for. My duties included serving customers on the till and offering discounted products. Walking the shop floor and assisting customers.
Pros
30% discounts
Outstanding Team
Supervisor/Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester27 March 2015
Having worked for HMV for 11 years now the one thing that's always been apparent is that 9 times out of 10 we get the recruiting right.
We never fail to employ the perfect people for the job and that helps the business not only from a money making point of view, but also from a service point of and makes the working environment always friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Staff Discount, friendly staff, customer interaction
Cons
Lack of advancement chances.
Fun, Hardword
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 September 2014
It was work exprience for school.
It was a good, exprience and was a good way to get me into a work pattern and know what its like to get a job.
Pros
Easy to get around
Shop Assistant.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Manchester15 August 2014
A typical day involved being on the tills and serving customers. This was very basic shop assistant work, it involved customer contact on a daily basis, as well as cash handling.
Fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG6 May 2014
I loved this job it was everything I wanted in a job but unfortunately it was only temporary over the christmas period
Pros
Good pay, enjoyable, hard work
Cons
temporary
Fun and productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG20 June 2013
I worked 9-5 where daily I would be doing multiple things, from stacking shelves, helping customers, bringing stock and alphabetically ordering it to the correct genre and place on the shop floor and check and replensh stock.

I learnt how the buisness was ran, how to opperate the till and search or any item in the shop by computer/till, how to talk and help customers and how security works.

My co-workers were very welcoming, friendly and helpful by showing me and helping me on my feet and feel comfortable in the working environment.

The hardest part of the jobs was the to and fro of replenishng stock, but as the week progressed, I got used to it and enjoyed the hard labour.

The most enjoyable part of tje job was meeting new people and working as part of a team. I thrive at helping and communicating with others.
Pros
Friendly staff, working knowledge, fun
Cons
Tiring
a dying breed
customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 February 2013
I worked for HMV for over six and a half years and had great tims over that period. Because the way the market is these days I was made redundant. Soon there will be no shop like HMV on the high street which is a crying shame
Pros
generous discount
Cons
unstable job
Fun and flexible working environment
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 February 2013
Flexi shifts available so you can work your shifts around your social life and also your day job!
The team is great and its enjoyable because of the music.