HM Treasury

HM Treasury Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster20 November 2019
Nice place to work. Fast paced and every day different challenge. Many benefits included. Large team and lots of oppurtunities to upscale service provided to client. Very high security procedures.
Productive and nice colleagues
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, Greater London3 November 2019
There was no typical workday at the Treasury given the nature of my assignment there. The project progressed through the different stages of a typical short training project.
good creer move
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  London13 March 2019
very enjoyable place to work great hours great benefits good over time paid for senior staff as well as junior good staff moral good team spirit lots of support back and front of house
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
nada
Productive and fun place
Help Desk Operator (Current Employee) –  Westminster30 October 2018
Typical work day at work very busy where I have learned the dynamic of help desk operators. My managment team is very relaible and supportive.
No hardest side for this job but very enjoyable because all the collegaues are support me.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and great place to work
2nd Line Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London8 August 2018
Productive and great place to work.with lots of potential to grow as a person and learning opportunities. great location and great work culture. Great management who will direct you in the right way and always willing to help.
Pros
Grat place to learn your craft
Cons
Travel can be tricky with the unerground
Challenging, interesting and always engaging
Senior Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 December 2017
Never a dull moment at the Treasury and working with exceptionally smart colleagues. Organisation is very flat so there is a high level of accountability from the outset.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Reactive so hours aren't static, poor pay
Interesting and Challenging
Policy Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 July 2017
HM Treasury is a hardworking institution at the heart of UK Government policy making. As the Economics and FInance Ministry, it is responsible for economic growth and ensuring that the government lives within its fiscal targets.
Pros
Dynamic, flexible, interesting
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Its a good place to work
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  London South East, Greater London2 June 2017
Its a good place to work,good opportunities for young people. The negative is that it can be stressful at times and the workload can on-going and at times be a lot.

But it is interesting place to work
Pros
good place to work
Cons
workload for some employees
great work place
HRIS Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 December 2016
great people to work with. employer helps to develop the employees. great place for team working. understanding to contractor. focused on the organization as well as the employees.
productive and fun working environment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, Greater London1 December 2016
A typical working environment where you are able to complete your set tasks to your own comfort having no pressure above it.
Pros
busy environment
Cons
Very busy but very rewarding
Chief Economic Adviser to the Treasury (Current Employee) –  London29 January 2016
Having worked here since November 1999, after a 5 year stint in the Public Sector, the workload has increased consistently. I am the Office Ambassador and the first port of call for his office. I deal with an extremely hectic diary and quite a few international travel arrangements. I book all travel and deal with all the expenses in a timely manner. I liaise quite regularly with the Chancellor's Office and with all grades through to the Senior Level on a regular basis.

Management here is extremely good and all adhere to the work/life balance, but everyone works extremely hard as we have had to break down our staff tally.

The hardest part of my job is actually finding rooms for meetings as we do not have very many.

The most enjoyable part of my job is talking and helping others find their feet when they join.
Very Good functional place to work maintain intergrity
Purchasing Officer Purchasing Department (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 December 2014
A pleasant place to work ensuring Government Policies are maintained to a very high standard
International Exposure on Legislative Powers
Capstone Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, UK8 April 2014
Launched by the Prime Minister in June 2007, to bring into line different spending controls and reporting frameworks
- To provide a financial framework including comparative analysis across the following countries: Sweden, Australia, the Netherlands and the United States of America, with the United Kingdom.
- Focusing on Legislative powers over the Parliament, Standing Expenditures, and Spending of net allowable income across Departments and International Reporting Standards and Practices.
Originally fun - then privatised
Executive Officer (computer department) (Former Employee) –  London, ENG27 March 2014
Before the computer centre was privatised, we knew our duties, career progression etc. When we were trasferred to the private sector, we found that we had to work 12 hour shifts, pay and conditions were undermined and staff morale collapsed. Then the computer centre was demolished and our jobs moved to Staines.
I left and moved to Suffolk where I worked in the NHS until I decided to go to university.
Pros
Cons
long hours. Bad shifts. eg Mon/tue 0700-1900, wed/thu 1900-0700. Exhausting.
Great environment to learn
Parliamentary Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 February 2014
It gives all employees the opportunity to see the back office processes of government policies prior to the engagement with outside businesses and the economy.
Pros
Great work life balance, looks brilliant on your CV
Cons
Low wage, no performance based benefits are easily accessible.
Educational,productive and enjoyable.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 July 2013
Everyone supports eachother and are always willing to help one another. It is a very enjoyable and rewarding place to work.