Historic Environment Scotland Employee Reviews

Was good to start with
Retail (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh29 March 2019
Was good to start with but over time you realise that most of the managers who have been there for a while are a bit stuck up and don't want to deal with the minions as they are not on the same pay band. It's like us and them. It felt like there was lots of wraparound support for managers but not so much for staff. I wouldn't treat a sloth like that never mind a human
Pros
Good holidays and pension
Cons
Looked down upon
Not a good experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh25 January 2019
Although the work was very interesting what spoilt it was the unhelpful and unfriendly attitude of some staff who had been there for upwards of 10 years and felt they owned the place. Although I think it is generally a good place to work I did not find it so in my office with 1980's style management and an uncomfortable atmosphere.
Pros
Flexitime - if you can get it.
Cons
Difficult to park, antiquated management styles and lack of staff engagement.
Great workplace
Graduate Architectural Technologist (Current Employee) –  Inverness3 September 2018
Fantastic company to work for. Great people and work culture with a real drive to succeed. Work tailored to suit individuals skillsets and much care taken to ensure welfare of each colleague.
Pros
Flexible working, strong salaries