Hiscox Ltd Employee Reviews

Head of Broker & Partnership Mktg (Former Employee) –  London9 August 2018
A really committed company that puts a lot into what it does, is thoughtful about its customers and gives great opportunities. Marketing and insight lead,
Great Progressive place to work
Business Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex5 February 2018
Great place to work. More advanced in thinking than any other company I have worked for and lots of intelligent people.

A very customer centric company. Lots of change and opportunities to progress and advance
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Long hours at times
Excellent
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
A friendly, focussed, supportive place to work.

It is very corporate and working environment is quite studious.

Interesting place to work The team are very dedicated.
fun
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
Hiscox are supportive for your growth and development.
They encourage you to search different areas and offer employment across all the sectors.
Overall its a fun place to work.
multi cultural work place
Post Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
It is a overall nice environment at Hiscox as there is a large variety of personality's within the building so it makes everyday a slightly different experience. While at Hiscox I have learned a lot a developed everyday. The management at Hiscox I find varies with departments, some very good, others not so good. The hardest part of my job is the constant being on my feet to consistently do my jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new everyday.
Pros
Access to opportunity
Cons
Long Hours
A decent work environment
Business Insurance Expert (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire7 October 2017
Standard call centre working environment, good perks and OK pay. Length of working day reasonable, however shift-work can be problematic for people with children.
People with disabilities are not well looked after - many face pay cuts etc. so look elsewhere if you are in any way disabled.
Pros
Good environment, perks are reasonable
Cons
Shift work, unreasonable hours & disabled staff not at all well looked after
Educational
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Street Station, Greater London12 September 2017
not a huge fan of working in a office but I learned a lot from working there and overall for me as my first official job it was fun to work and learn.
Hiscox
Agent (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex19 June 2017
Short term employment. not much to say
Good CEO with great staff culture. wages low and no job security lots of staff benefits for well being and fitness.
Great benefits but poor culture
Development Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 June 2017
Good salary etc but overall culture needs to be updated for 2017.

Some parts of the business still operate in the old school boys club, whilst in other areas are advanced such as marketing etc.
Work Experience
Lloyd's of London broker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 May 2017
The time I was there for work experience it was brilliant. Working in the City the atmosphere was great the social life was good and the job role itself was interesting.
Productive and Beneficial Company
Trainee Development Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire7 May 2017
Hiscox is a great company to work for if you have a passion for insurance. They respect their employees and provide them with the necessary support they need to advance.

A typical day would include answering the phone to help with broker queries, underwriting new policies and occasionally going to broker visits to provide training sessions on Hiscox products.

I learned more about brokers, as my previous role dealt directly with customers rather than using an intermediary and I also learnt different ways of underwriting risks.

The workplace has a strong culture where if you put the effort in, Hiscox will return that to you and help you progress in your career.

The hardest part of the job for me personally was the commute. It was a very long drive and it is not enjoyable.

The best part of the job is the support network around you. Everyone is willing to help and they will never turn you away.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, great culture
Cons
The commute was very long
Fantastic, positive working environment.
Business Insurance Expert (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire16 February 2017
Hiscox was a brilliant place to work. The brand new office made it excitng to go to work each day and the staff and management were friendly, positive and motivated. There were always opportunities to progress and hard work was rewarded.
Great foundation to build on.
Business Insurance Expert (Current Employee) –  York14 June 2016
It has given me a great foundation on which to build a career. Hiscox offer great benefits for their staff and I have been happy working there.
Great team and workplace
Off Cycle Intern - Hiscox ASM (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 October 2015
Really good company, great for career advancement. Definitely a good place in insurance to work.
Kidnap and Ransom industry is very interesting and a unique partnership with Control Risks Group helps you to see the bigger picture and the work they do in Consultancy Risk Management.
Pros
Great people and great team, interesting market
Cons
lots of tedious tasks
Hiscox Emplyee (Current Employee) –  York, ENG30 July 2015
Hiscox is a small but growing company. There are a number of benefits to working here. York is a great place to work.

There is a good team feel and people work well together.
Pros
Free Toast, Coffee
Cons
Office is very small
Professional Enviroment
B2C and B2B customer service (Current Employee) –  Southend On Sea15 August 2013
The current job role i have involves speaking to all Hiscox account holders for the 505 Home and Contents Policy. A typical day will involve liasing with the insured client direct and adding, amending and changing the insurance needs for the client whilst working with the underwriters to tailor the product to the clients needs.

As my first role in insurance, i have learnt a lot about the industry and am working towards starting some professional and recognised qualifications to aid my learning in this sector.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working for a successful company and helping retain and sell policies to continue the success of the company.

I also enjoy learning about different insurance types and would like to progress from sales and administration to direct position in underwriting.
productive, team work
Shadow Underwriter  (Former Employee) –  London, ENG25 June 2013
Always a new task to keep me engaged with my work. Working with a polite group of like-minded people with excellent management.
Professional, customer focused organisation
Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 May 2013
My role was extremely diverse, involving running a busy branch and supporting the Regional Manager and a team of underwriters.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Southend on Sea3 April 2013
• Answering inbounds queries from high net worth clients regarding Home Insurance, Travel Insurance, Home Emergency, Liability and Family Legal Protection.
• Predominately building relationships with high professionals such as members of the Law Society, Institute of Directors, Royal Society of Medicine, Institute of Chartered Accountants and Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
 Developing and maintaining business relationships with new, mid-term, renewal clients and liaise with others.
 Follow specific underwriting guideline to tailor what level of cover is best suited for the clients by collecting information about the applicants and the risk.
 ‘Handing over’ non-standard business to the most appropriate brokers such as Stack House Poland, Lark and RK Harrison.
• Team leader Supervising and mentoring new members of staff, ensuring quality assurance and a professional service is maintained.
• Working closely with head office and our underwriting team to ensure all client requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Sustaining an extensive knowledge of all current industry competitors.
• General administrative duties including word processing, photocopying, faxing, filing, daily post and processing claims.
• Processing debit/credit card payments using ‘Sage Pay’ alongside maintaining and setting up new Direct Debit plans.
• Attending and contributing to monthly team meetings
• Consistently achieving high sales targets set by management whilst promoting the company reputation in all dealings and services provided, ensuring that efficient and high quality services are maintained.
  more...
• Working overtime when needed.
Pros
treat staff well