Hiscox Ltd

Hiscox Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews
Good company to work for
Low salary and little room for progression through hard work. But good benefits throughout the year. The office is beautiful and you do get looked after.
Pros
Amazing culture with friendly people
Cons
Hard work doesn’t always pay off
Not for me
My team were amazing. However the firm as a whole is too rigid. They have old values and I feel some of the management don’t have time for people “ below them” yet lots of time for others on their level / above
Very good place to work
Hiscox is an amazing company which treats its employees fantastically. The benefits are very good and keep the staff going. The culture is brilliant and everyone lives the values.
Who you know not what you know.
Through - out my time at Hiscox I was given good training including a multitude of information about the products however, when moving onto the floor this was incorrect due to staff doing their own thing. Job progression was based on who you knew rather than job performance. The only good thing about this job was my line manager, who was positive, encouraging and overall fantastic.
Great place to work, amazing culture. Helpful and friendly people who are willing to support you at all times.
I enjoyed working and learning at Hiscox. The management were approachable and were willing to give you an opportunity to grow and learn . There was a lot of trust and a great culture. No blame culture , everyone was very respectful . Although fast paced and the teams were under pressure with deadlines the mood was still relaxed and people were patient as they had trust in their colleagues. A great place to work and an amazing set of people with high standards.
Hiscox was an excellent place to work once accepted.
Once through the tough interviews you were accepted and encouraged to do your best for both yourself and the company. If as with myself you could not excel, due to illness, they tried to help with private health care and reluctantly let me go when it was obvious it would take a lot of time before I recovered. They look after their employees even when on contract and I would recommend anyone to join them.
Collaborative and supportive
Very supportive Project Sponsor. Open to consider new ideas and explore different approaches which could contribute to enhance the current processes and improve the service provided to their customers
Just another call centre.
This is a job for young people who have no experience of a professional working environment.
Fundamentally a call centre with the same high turnover of staff. Systems do not work but you are told to trust it. Training is not good and you learn on the job - not great for customers who are paying for a 5* service. There are better jobs out there.
Fun and productive workplace
Make friends for life, good work and life balance.
Pay is better than most insurance/offices.

Management are very fair.

Chance of progression. Free food and drinks on a morning.

Great staff nights out!
Pros
Free drinks and breakfast
Cons
Temp contracts have to re apply to stay on
Stay well clear
I wouldn’t recommend this company at all its stuck in the 70s not very diverse or multi cultural and most of the senior management seem to operate through the old boys network. Stay well clear if you are looking to advance in marketing or financial services.
High school clique mentality
The team I worked for was very hostile and did not want to hear about their mistakes and failings, which was difficult as it was my job to find the mistakes that were made in the credit controlling process. There was an inner circle of pretty unpleasant people and you were either in or out, no middle ground. I have seen two people be bullied away in the time that I was there, and found it very stressful to try and deal with the people who had treated others so badly.
Perhaps other teams are nicer, but the one I worked for was awful.
Pros
Free fruit and cereal, and the good colleagues.
Cons
Company culture
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Typical day included administration duties and computer tasks using Microsoft Excel. Communication between team members was key to the success of the workplace.
Very fun and fufilling
If you put in the time and effort, you will be heavily rewarded in this job. Good salary and even better bonus in place.

A good fun, working environment in a great location.

Sadly, it's the senior managers that let Hiscox down. They only want to progress people who "talk their language" i.e. don't have a working class background.
Pros
Good pay and good hours, great and friendly working environment
Cons
Snobbish senior managment
A really committed company that puts a lot into what it does, is thoughtful about its customers and gives great opportunities. Marketing and insight lead,
Great Progressive place to work
Great place to work. More advanced in thinking than any other company I have worked for and lots of intelligent people.

A very customer centric company. Lots of change and opportunities to progress and advance
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Long hours at times
Excellent
A friendly, focussed, supportive place to work.

It is very corporate and working environment is quite studious.

Interesting place to work The team are very dedicated.
fun
Hiscox are supportive for your growth and development.
They encourage you to search different areas and offer employment across all the sectors.

Overall its a fun place to work.
multi cultural work place
It is a overall nice environment at Hiscox as there is a large variety of personality's within the building so it makes everyday a slightly different experience. While at Hiscox I have learned a lot a developed everyday. The management at Hiscox I find varies with departments, some very good, others not so good. The hardest part of my job is the constant being on my feet to consistently do my jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new everyday.
Pros
Access to opportunity
Cons
Long Hours
A decent work environment
Standard call centre working environment, good perks and OK pay. Length of working day reasonable, however shift-work can be problematic for people with children.
People with disabilities are not well looked after - many face pay cuts etc. so look elsewhere if you are in any way disabled.
Pros
Good environment, perks are reasonable
Cons
Shift work, unreasonable hours & disabled staff not at all well looked after
Educational
not a huge fan of working in a office but I learned a lot from working there and overall for me as my first official job it was fun to work and learn.
Hiscox
Short term employment. not much to say
Good CEO with great staff culture. wages low and no job security lots of staff benefits for well being and fitness.