Hire Station Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 January 2018
I started out my career with vp plc I learned a lot which helped me process in the tool hire industry
There is always support when you need it and it’s agreat working environment
Cons
No good if you have a dissability
Driver/assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 December 2017
Everything was fine until I told them about my condition, then it all went pear shaped extra work load then was set up, told I could practice on FLT for my exham then sacked for having no licence and just before Christmas, you've been warned.
Pros
Cons
Lots
10yrs in Jan 18
Credit Control Department (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 August 2017
This a great company to work for, however you have to work very hard for your money, and the salaries are very poor unless you are in sales or a director.
If u dont take the share scheme you are even worse off, if you are a young family just starting out you might not be able to afford it.
There is a bounus scheme which is rubbish unless you are a director then you get loads of bonus.
When you decide to move on to better yourself they do not want to know you, blanking very childish.

The people on the ground level n office staff are great to work thats kept there all them years.
Do your homework before entering into a contract, the Hire Industryis very hard
Pros
Share scheme if u can afford it
Cons
Im gonna leave empty
Stear clear of this company
Branch assistant/ fitter / driver / dogsbody (Former Employee) –  Barnsley & Sheffield17 July 2017
I worked for these for 5 yrs. They show you no appreciation or loyalty for hard work and commitment. Backstabbing and trouble causing is what you can expect.Certain Branch Managers and a certain Director and company policies are the problem which eventually rub off on the rest of the staff. I can't speak for all the branches but stear clear from Barnsley/ Sheffield / Chesterfield / Leeds. In fact I'd recommend working for speedy hire or gap hire.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
To many to mention - stear clear
Rewarding to work for
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire17 July 2017
This was a good company to work for as with all the products we could hire or sale, basically everyone had a need for so the market was vast and never ending.
Pros
Products
Cons
chances of promotion were slim
great boss great job. great work lads
Fitter (Former Employee) –  London27 March 2017
one of the best jobs i have had repairing power tools . could do all the over time we wanted and was a great work environment.
Pros
overtime, enjoyable work
Cons
in central London
challenging
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Loughborough16 January 2016
process on line orders
plan logistics and allocate jobs
deal with phone enquires and personal enquires
process phone orders
customer services
deal with payments
deal with complaints
adhere to company polices
maintain health and safety policy
maintain profit and loss
Pros
free tool hire
Cons
long hours frustrating at times
No two days were ever the same,highly relying on the weather,season or what the latest diy seen on the television,you had to be prepared
workshop supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ENG28 January 2015
I would arrive at 06.45 every morning,open up,being a key holder I had a very trusted and highly regarded position.I would check the diary for any new bookings that had come in overnight and check again with the depot manager to make sure that all available equipment was ready for that day or the next day.this was priority
I was trained to the highest of standards.
The management often looked to me for advice,I had no problems here and was keen and happy to advise.
I was in charge of the workshop which involved keeping records,ordering spares at the best possible price,with the minimal delay.
Communicating with my colleague in the workshop ensuring that he could work safely and efficiently with the correct tools and health and safety at the forefront,
The hardest part of the day was probably dealing with the suppliers,who could not deliver on time.
I enjoyed all of my time at Hire Station.
Pros
use of company van
fun workplace
aprentis (Former Employee) –  margate20 January 2015
i loved my work experience at hire station they are very friendly and i would like to go there and work again.
Pros
free drinks
fun workplace
Delivery Driver/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  london3 January 2015
great place to work put long hours the job took you all over london work with met police
Pros
good pay
Enjoyable working enviroment
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heathrow20 February 2014
By working for the company, it allowed me to be my own person and to develop by doing tasks independently. For example: handling customer queries, as well as serving customers.

Also working with the employers within the firm, allowed me to develop my communication skills, when talking to one another understanding the tasks that need completing.

In addition the hardest part of the job was to move plant machinery from one place to another. The most enjoyable part of the job honestly was working as i enjoy working and helping others.
Pros
Free lunches
unethical
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG17 December 2013
Company took me on as the recession hit and pushed me for a year before getting rid of me for "walking across the yard in my trainers" company had got a new manager and he wanted his own guys in. Never mind the lads who had kept the company afloat through a very hard time.
hard enjoyable wotk
Flash Tester (Former Employee) –  London, ENG25 November 2013
great job with great people that work hard an take pride in there job
Pros
open skies
Cons
waiting on marterials
Hire Station
Plant & Tool Hire manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG30 August 2013
Managing at Hire Station was an interesting job that gave one the opportunity to meet lots of different people from various backgrounds.
I learned that a lot of what Hire Station required from their managers was more based on paperwork rather than being a manager in your own right. Procedure based rather than sales.
My managers were brought up through the procedure stages so had a better understanding and interest in procedures rather than sales.
The hardest part of the job was the continual stock takes.
The best part of the job was trying to beat last months figures.
Pros
Good loyal work mates.
Cons
Too many meetings
good workplace
checker / tool fitter (Current Employee) –  mansfield12 January 2013
typical day at work involves check and run tool and plant answering phones,serving customers,if theres a member of staff off i will drive. i have been on 20+ training courses involving tool hire trade.i get on 100% with my co-workers as well as customers.i dont think thers is hardest part of my job i just get on with it, and the most enjoyable is meeting people on sites and customers have a good sense
Pros
use of tools at home free
a bad place to work
purchasr ledger clerk (Former Employee) –  long eaton6 November 2012
I was at hire station for 8.5 years, in that time I tried to better myself within the company but the manager thought younger people were better at this and not those of a bit older would not achieve as good.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing