Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 928 reviews matching the search See all 10,445 reviews
not the perfect place
Kitchen Porter and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire20 January 2019
dificult conditions to work staff cuts hot enviroment long shifts weeks and weeks ithout days off no payment to overtime ,,well not a piece off cake cuting benefits to staff ,,like tips ,long time worker lieu days looks like a movie fellini tipe
Pros
free lunchs staff partys
Cons
no recogonise the hard work
Exploitative employer
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 January 2019
Brings in loads of people to do a “trial shift” (which I wasn’t paid for) then doesn’t give anyone the job. Nice way of getting the job done without actually giving a paid job.

When I did my “trial shift” she had me on my hands and knees cleaning a room for someone’s wedding. Sure she paid thousands for this. Yet, I receive zero...

Exploitation at its finest
Pros
Cons
No pay
badly managed, but good experience
waiter (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth14 January 2019
The Hilton was very helpful in some ways, they needed as much work you could give and more. this meant hours were always available. breaks were enforced sometimes and forgotten about when it was too busy pretty normal I suppose. although the managers all had differing standards. You could complete a task one way and it would be acceptable to one manager but not for another manager. the building at bournemouth is badly designed for practical use. although there were good facilities for staff. I was told at the end of my employment that I had been underpaid 500 pounds through out the year I worked there.
Pros
free lunch, discount on hotels around the world and gym membership
Cons
unstable work environment
Could be so much better
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire13 January 2019
Working at a Hilton hotel has been the best employment I have done. Being recruited to be a night manager was, I thought, a reflection of my managerial style, laid back but with strict adherence to hotel policies and procedures. Which I try to implement at all times. The basic problem is you are “on your own” no support from hotel management. The decisions you make based on the situation are NEVER supported. I have built a very strong team. My team support me and I support them, which is how it should be. But, your on your own. My hotel is now a “managed” property and the owners have no idea what working in a Hilton environment is about. Guest expectations are not considered, which, considering the Hilton culture does not help. All in all I love my job, I just wish Hilton took it seriously.
Pros
Training, team, what it used to be
Cons
Total lack of respect
gratificante
Responsable de bar (Former Employee) –  North Yorkshire12 January 2019
Una gran empresa, con muchas posibilidades.

Te dan la opción de trabajar en diferentes departamentos, por lo cual, el progresos suele ser bastante rápido, y la relación entre empleados y cargos superiores es bastante estrecha. No obstante se trabaja mucho, y las posibilidades vacacionales son dificiles de negociar.
Amazing collegues and atmosphere
Casual Staff (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester8 January 2019
I have only worked at the Hilton about just over a month and i am enjoying every bit of it. I love the support that i receive from my colleagues. I love going to work as with the support of my colleagues they are helping me learn more about the industry and help me realize that it is a wonderful industry to work in and i am working with a wonderful team that i am grateful to be a part of.
good step to getting to bigger hotels
Senior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  London8 January 2019
I enjoyed it as I liked the Hilton culture at the time. It was a good step for me to get to a larger hotel from this brand. It was quite busy with corporate business but less with tourists.
Pros
Hilton employee package.
Cons
limited type of business
Very Well
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Stansted7 January 2019
Busy place with friendly staff and good management. Lots of trainings help to improve your skills. Customers are at first place. The company gives you a place to stay.
Productive but suitable role for those with 0 life commitments
Conference and Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 January 2019
During my time working at Hilton was the most challenging but productive role as a C&E assistant. The hours put into the work being done were the functions being held in the meeting rooms and the grace (biggest function room for weddings/tributes etc..) which required set ups, de-sets and resets and all that is required. The positive side of the job were gaining the skills situated in repetitive tasks dealing with things in a content manner, also gaining the trust of department managers in managing the department alone.
Pros
Builiding trust and reliability in staff, Meeting different people from around the world
Cons
Long hours, 0 hour contract
fun working place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 January 2019
My time through the Hilton was great , it helped me grow as a person, I also gained great communication skills which helped me in everyday life. Management in the hotel is also great
Productive and educational
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London3 January 2019
Working there was an experience that can be forgotten. This is because I was given the opportunity to learn many new things and it slightly allowed me to develop on my customer service skills. But what is mainly important for me was the experience gained out of working there. Although it wasn't easy because of the other workers that I met there, it was very educational for me, as I see myself as an individual willing to learn.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
people using abusive language
Poor management.
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester1 January 2019
Poor management when dealing with situations. Management stick together and even bend the truth in order to suit themselves. Morale of employees is low due to the fact that management don't to care much about their staff.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management poor at handling difficult situations
very productive
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire13 December 2018
Excellent support from manager and staff members. Training was made very easy to under their system they give you full product knowledge. Very fun and friendly environment
Great company
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 December 2018
Hilton is a great company to work for, they take great care of their team members. Always anting to deliver for their staff and their guests. I would recommend working for Hilton
Great brand and good work life balance
Manager Global Distribution Systems Development (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire8 December 2018
I enjoyed working for Hilton, I liked the brand, my colleagues and the work involved. International travel opportunities on company business, I even went to Hawaii once on business!
Pros
Bonus, Travel.
Never work in Doubletree Swindon Hotel
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire5 December 2018
A horrible place to work, that delivers none of the promises made in interview. Place is badly organised,in reception is not organization...the management is down in this hotel, only indians in management ??? Really!???Bad , very vad this place...no environment. Breaks are only if you can fit them in with your workload which can sometimes be over the top. Doubletree Hilton Swindon this place is down, i work here more then 2 years they change the management, everyone leave this place, people with no experience they are in management...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, bad management
productive
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Crawley4 December 2018
It is a very disorganized company, where you do not have a stable or fixed position, you go in all possible places and you do not define a good position neither Bartender nor waiter, you can not progress like this, but you take a lot of wait if you need it
Work experience
CHEF (Former Employee) –  Walsgrave, Warwickshire1 December 2018
Overall really good all the staff are friendly always there to help to the best of their ability. Always making sure im alright and if i need anything from them.
Best place to work
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aviemore, Highland29 November 2018
perfect place to work ,many benefits, good opportunity to improve your skills and professional experience.Company with very high customer focus what gives you feeling you are an important part of success.
Pros
free lunches, team member staff rates and many more
Cons
unfortunately hotel where I am working is sold to another chain .
Chaos
Room attendent (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside26 November 2018
A horrible place to work, that delivers none of the promises made in interview. Place is badly organised, cleaning equipment is rare and broken, it is a dog eat dog environment. Breaks are only if you can fit them in with your workload which can sometimes be over the top. You have to get in very early to grab bedding and restock your trolley because it will have been robbed while you're not looking.

English is an issue in that most room attendants refuse to use it so it can feel lonely.. English workers are rare creatures in housekeeping

I would recommend this job only to someone with masochistic low self esteem.

I did see a fair amount of crying women
Pros
None, nada, nothing
Cons
The constant lying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K