Hilton Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hilton21 June 2018
This work place was 30 minutes from my house. Verry good place. I had a fun to work there. Customers was always happy and polite to all our team memebrs in the shop.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours.
Not bad, not amazing
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 June 2018
Typical day at work is usually hard because you have certain for every room no matter if its messy like crazy or if it hasnt been touched by guests.. In busy days its very hard to keep the rooms nice and clean and finish at time together. Many days I stayed in work for much longer and didnt get paid for overtime.

Big positive - in pregnancy I could reduce the number of rooms I have to clean which I really appreciated because this job is physiclaly hard so it was much harder with pregnancy belly (and sickness).

100% sure room attendants deserve more benefits because how it could be a good hotel if its not clean and tidy? Its very hard work and you have half an hour for lunch and the way to the canteen and back takes about 12minutes (depends wheere you are) and you havent got much time left ti eat your food and you rush back and clean with full stomach.
Pros
free lunch, sometimes tidy rooms after guests
Cons
not paid enough
lavoro confortevole e amichevole
Receptionist - Break fast service (Former Employee) –  swindon ( wiltshire united kingdom)20 June 2018
un luogo di lavoro confortevole pulito e amichevole
una delle mie piu belle sperienze in campo alberghiero
con possibilita di cariera
Pros
meat
Cons
pasta
We have staff party every year
shift engineer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom London19 June 2018
It was great working there lots of fun treatment was great it was a situation where management would invest in their staff like if there is a course you would like to do once it will of benefit to the company they would stand the financial part of it if you have a family problem and they can help there would be no hesitation they would help they also help in the community as well hilton is a great company to work with
Pros
free lunch and breakfast uniform
Cons
discount on room
Hilton
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire18 June 2018
Hilton Hotels are very focused on their customers. However the management company has change twice this year an is due to change again at the end of the month.
It’s not the best workplace but it’s alright to work
Conferences & Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading16 June 2018
Management is not great, not much of manpower so you end up working more than you should, otherwise it’s a good place to work to build up experience and know the hotel environment
Generally good workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London14 June 2018
As I was a new associate, I was asked to do many extra things that were not in my job description, however it taught me to handle stressful environments very well. The management was quite poor and not well managed. The staff are rude and selfish, it wasn't a very good environment but as a student, the money was good.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
amazing place to work there
Waiter/Barman (Current Employee) –  Birmingham9 June 2018
lovely place to work with great management. very flexible hours during exam season and very understanding. very relaxed working enviroment. loved every minute
Positive environment
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth7 June 2018
My experience of working with Hilton is very pleasant. Management were great and very supportive. Working hours changed a lot which I didn't mind but could both other people. Most enjoyable part was opening the hotel and watching it grow.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Slower pace than I was used to
Tmep
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Watford5 June 2018
This company offers amazing competitive salary with huge benefits working here is sure to keep you on your toes, there is a healthy work/ life balance
fun really fun
Conferences & Events Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London5 June 2018
fun environement to work in always meeting new faces everyday. free staff meals and discounts provided by the hotel also. lots of heavy lifting always on your feet.
Pros
free staff meals
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
Good stepping stone
Sales & Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire31 May 2018
A good stepping stone for kickstarting your career, slow progression and main headquarters based in the US. Good work/life balance and benefits. Would recommend
Unacceptable working environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff28 May 2018
I have worked in Hilton Cardiff for almost 6 months and I never ever had my holiday which I was entitled to. I have met some great chefs and made good friendship. However, so called executive chef and soup chef who weren't even a head chef basically treated me unfairly. It was crazy considered they have asked me on several occasions to help them out partially because the hotel was busy or someone did not turn up for their shifts.
Great Place
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2018
Fun place to work.had a great time.
great management.provided food and great training.
great succession plan. Hands on management.
Always here to help.Great exposure to the industry.
Very calculative and cost centred.
Pros
meals
Cons
less compensation
racist workplace
Food and beverage assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
- management was racist (was even warned on the first day)
- chefs are rude and perverts
- really bad pay
- they keep you behind after your shift is over
Pros
Cons
Too many too name
Awful
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weybridge18 May 2018
No respect from higher job roles, treated completely unfairly. One small break and no cigarette breaks. A lot of pressure to do something that you didn't want to even if other employees with the same job role didn't have to.
Diverse atmosphere of work
Front of House Bartender (Former Employee) –  Liverpool16 May 2018
Everyday was different, Learnt a lot in the aspects of hospitality, different client bases. Amazing opportunities to progress further and many incentives personally
Good perks, Good prestige, Average career progression
Groups, Conference & Events Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 May 2018
Hilton is by no means a bad company to work for. The perks were great and the work itself was fairly straight forward.

It is not so much of a pure sales environment, however if you are a driven sales person you can achieve some very good results.

Career progression can be frustrating at times due to a lot of people potentially competing for one position internally.
Under-appreciated as staff
Breakfast Waitress (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 May 2018
It was lovely to work with a wide range of people however the management was poor and staff were under-paid when the workload was a lot to deal with early in the morning
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Poor Pay
I would expect better money for employees for that service
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Euston, Greater London11 May 2018
I was working in a smaller hotel. Lots of gossips. Managers and supervisors were not good related. Some team players good, some lazy but you will find it everywhere. Not enough staff on the shifts. On the other side the job was not difficult, free food was provided and Hilton members have good benefits.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
minimal wage, not enough staff on the shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54K