Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1,726 reviews
Amazing benefit
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 June 2019
The hotel have amazing benefits. However, it would be better if they offer higher salary. Good place to work and flexible. Would go back there again!.
good exprierance
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 February 2019
good but could do with emprovment. , employers need to pay more attention to the staff , other than that i am greatfeul for the opurtunity to have had expereince in working with this company
Pros
free lunches
Awful
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead23 January 2019
The hours are shocking. Some members off staff is awful & snobby. Never felt welcome & was just stressful. Slave labour really. Never really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free lunch
Wrong
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 January 2019
Never more!!!!!!!
Every single mounts missing me the hours.
Headhousekeeper doesn't care about my issues and complains.
Supervisors were therible.....I feeld there good.
Awful place to work.
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 December 2018
Management - I can not think of one positive about this work place, I was waiting for it to get better as it’s a new hotel I thought things would eventually start to fall in to place. That was definitely not the case the management were awful, petty and most definitely belittling. They would swear at us infront of customers about the littlest of things and on one or two occasions I even had customers come up to the f&b team and tell us how disgusting is was how they spoke to us. They have a very unprofessional WhatsApp groupchat where they would 24/7 complain about certain things and kick staff members from the group etc... It was constant even at early hours of the morning people were still talking in the chat, you could never get away from work even on days off. There was many inappropriate comments made by a few managers, and this was definitely a reoccurring thing that never really stopped it made the whole experience unpleasant and whenever they walked in to the room I felt extremely uncomfortable. I witnessed it happening to most of the other members of staff also. Not to mention the comments i over heard management saying about the members of staff.

Shifts - the rota system was definitely horrendous, supervisors and managers were certianly very awkward when it came to shifts for example I do not drive and making it to work for 5/6 am starts is extremely hard unless I want to pay £10 a day for a taxi, which definitely isn’t realistic. Time and time again I’d asked to not be on the early shift as public transport would obviously be more realistic not to mention a lot
  more... cheaper for someone who doesn’t drive. not once in the recruitment process was I told I would have to work every early I often asked for different starts and every week they still put me on the early shift, it felt like it was on purpose . Even when I had important medical appointments management were extremely grumpy about this and when I attended them I was getting phone calls asking how long I would be five minutes into the appointment. Also the rota was given 2/3 days prior to so it was almost impossible to even plan any sort of life ourside of work as we didn’t even have a weeks notice.

Overall the experience was very unpleasant and I found myself having severe anxiety in and outside of the workplace because of this job and im quite a happy individual and have never suffered with anything like this before.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Management, rota
Alright.
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 December 2018
Hotel is small everything needs a refurb including rooms/carpets & reception/lobby is extremely impractical. Typical hotel work life balance which is pretty poor as is every hotel. Hilton benefits aren’t very impressive compared to other places I’ve worked and training is very very poor if even non existent...
Pros
Free food throughout shifts
Cons
Lazy managers, lack of benefits, poor team work within the department I worked in
Awful place to work
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport10 October 2018
I worked at the Hilton garden inn before the hotel had even opened & was still in construction!!

We weren’t actually working because the hotel wasn’t finished but was still expected to come in at normal shift times eventhough the hotel wasn’t open for business!!

The management especially restaurant manager was awful He would say & do little inappropriate things 24/7 also his hygiene was definitely not up to standards because he smelt all the time!!
Also the restaurant manager I actually have no idea how he became one because the he couldn’t even do a simple task of giving us our rota 2wks in advance instead it would be a few days before the following week & they would just simply expect us to comply!!

The operations manager although good & funny was honestly incredibly petty about really small things & actually fired me over a minor reason but in all honesty I don’t really care about being fired from there

The hours were completely insane especially if you didn’t live near Birmingham airport because the earliest start time if you were F&B is 4/4:30am which is absolutely ridiculous & since we were not told this in the interviews a lot of us had assumed the earliest start time would have been around 5-6am

They provided us with the uniform & staff discount which is always great because the discount was for any Hilton company hotel!
Pros
Staff discount on all hotels worldwide
Cons
Long hours, awful restaurant managers, last minute rota & food+drink prices ridiculously high if you’re a customer
Front Desk Receptionist
Guest Care Service - Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hounslow22 June 2018
Front Desk Receptionist – Welcome and Greet international customers/passengers, check-in, check-out, give information regarding the facilities of the hotel. Answer the phone, accept payments with credit/debit cards, deal with foreign exchange currencies, work on computer and do all administrative works necessary.
Nice teamwork atmosphere
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 April 2018
Main duties cover general cleaning of the kitchen surfaces and appliances, manual washing of cutlery, loading and unloading the commercial dishwasher and removal of garbage.
Gained self-management skills prioritizing duties and working under pressure as well as taking responsibility for the cleanliness of the kitchen which is strictly important as stated in the hotel policies.
Good place with some good people
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Didcot26 January 2018
Very good place to gain experience in retail, was sometimes difficult to provide the right advice as I did not have much gardening experience but in terms of retail I felt it was very good. All the staff were friendly, hard to keep track of management as the company went through several change ups but on whole a good experience.
Pros
Plenty of breaks in between working hours
Great company to work for
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire26 January 2018
Hilton group is a great company to work for. They really invest in staff in development and training. With good staff benefits, as a company they see hard work and reward accordingly
Was Fun.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daventry17 October 2017
A typical day was before the store opened we cleaned out the animal enclosers out once a week and fed them every morning and evening, then through the week we did stoke take on the products the we sold through the week.
Pros
Working With Animals
Cons
Too Far Away
Productive and fun work place
Public Area Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London23 July 2017
Lovley team and the environment it was wonderful .The only inconvenient it was the payment £7.50 per hour and i need to work 48 hours per week for £1210 per month.The staff from reception and restaurant is very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Free lunch
Great place to work.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pembrokeshire6 June 2017
Staff were friendly, great atmosphere to work in, management were extremely friendly. The hardest part of the job is the late hours of going home, but that is all part of working in a function.
Pros
Free meals with some wedding vendors
Productive and Team Work
Guest Service Staff (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 April 2017
Learn about all different roles food and beverage, the team members are nice over there but too much workload and not enough people in the team. But sure you still can finish on time.
a place to work just for 6-7 months
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London1 March 2017
Here I have learned what hard work means, how to deal with a complicated situation or an angry customer. This experience was helpfull, but very stressfull at the same time.free
Pros
One free meal
Cons
not payed when you work after shiffts
Not very well managed
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chilton, Oxfordshire25 November 2016
A severe lack of training, very lazy co-workers and the cafe was just in a terrible state hygienicly. I learned about the culture of the workplace and valuable work experience from it.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
No overtime
Able to learn and grow as well as working within a great team.
Customer Service Assistant / Nursery Collegue (Current Employee) –  Chilton7 September 2016
When I originally started at the Garden Centre I was employed as a cashier, however after exhibiting my potential and enthusiasm to learn more and grow, I was moved outside to work in the Nursery.

My general day-to-day tasks are to water the plants, sweep the floors, dealing with customer needs and complaints as well as creating and producing displays. I also fill in on tills when necessary in the shop and restaurant.

Within my time at Wyevale Chilton Garden Centre I have met some fantastic people, including both co-workers and customers. My Horticultural Manager is both supporting and encouraging, pushing to strive for excellence in every task I carry out. I am given the independence I need to be able use develop my creative skills and initiative.
Pros
Learning
hardworking and conscientious
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Luton23 March 2015
I am a hardworking person. Iam looking for any job . I work during the day as night shifts quickly learn new things and quickly establish new frends
Great Place To Work & Develop
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol7 March 2015
Excellent place to work, develop your career and experience a new brand to the UK Market under a world famous brand. The hotels modern features appeal to business and leisure guests.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Reviews by Location