HILTI

HILTI Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
I consider Hilti to be a great brand, but not so great an employer.
As your experience increases with Hilti and other positions of interest arise, it becomes clear that those with the most 'friends' on the Leadership Team are considered over those with the relevant skill set and experience.
I was reluctant at first. The care and perform culture along with the hilti machine works wonders! I recommend to anyone looking for a work life balance and supportive work place! A one in a million company to work for. Bare in mind I came to hilti from a national airline! (with many perks)
Great organisation to work for, exposure to the industry at large is great and you will learn about several projects and application great for professional and personal development.
Pros
Family orientated Culture
Cons
Indiviual skill utilization
Hilti provide a solid work foundation for employyees and offer training, courses, modules and help with advanced university degrees for all who wish to develop themselves.
Management and leadership are willing to help you get to where you want to be within the company and support their employees as mucha as possible. Great health and wellbeing focus, work-life balance is encouraged and it is a very inclusive and diverse company to be a part of.
Pros
Job security with support from management/leadership teams
Cons
Not the best salaries compared to other companies in the industry
Too many young regional managers who have been promoted on the basis of sales performance only. Company culture and teamwork is excellent. Sales targets are not realistic some years others they are .
every day was different, a learning curve. was interesting and varied between site visits and office meetings. Getting hands on with tools training contractors to pricing for tenders off drawings.
Being an account manager for Hilti isnt for everyone but it really is a great company to work for great culture and management always willing to help.
26 yrs employment there. Various roles.
Multi million pound company

1500 employees.

People stay a

Long time in their roles so no real chance to move.
Pros
Free salad bar, canteen, on site parking
Cons
No progression.
I always enjoyed the job, I would have stayed if I wasn't offered something more challenging. Great company, great rewards and incentives. Very honest company treating all the same.
My job was posted 5 days ago online and i was not aware until now , did everything asked of me and still was not enough for a certain manager, who did not like me from the moment we met. Company says they strict on policies etc but clearly changes are made to suit managers trying to press on staff and get their wat. If you fit their image im
Sure you will find them okay but makes you think how people have gotten certain positions, biased hr department, clearly a company for brown nosers and yes men.
Pros
Expenses paid by company in terms of hotels, travel and food
Cons
I loved working for Hilti they are a well rounded and supportive business.

I progressed from HCR to Field sales account manager quickly and trainingand support is amazing.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very strict
It is a company that thinks about your future and is always making sure you develop personally so you can move into your next desired role. The work life balance is also great, having flexible working hours.
If you're willing to relocate to Head Office there are areas for advancement outside of sales. I have learned a lot while working for Hilti; the internal courses offered are very good.
Pros
Flexible working, to an extent
Cons
Progression is very limited if unable to relocate
I will always be grateful for the excellent training I received whilst working for Hilti. They are truly class leading in their industry and gave me an excellent foundation for future success.
Pros
Excellent Training
Great place to work, good mix of people, great benefits and culture in the organisation. Offers multiple opportunities to learn and mobility across roles and countries.
Second to non training, excellent progression possibilities, good commission structure, lower than average basic but this was many years ago and may have changed
Very friendly staff and always helped out. I was only there for 6 months as the office junior doing daily fax duties but there was options to progress within the company.
Amazing culture working with some amazing people. Hilti really do care about there employees and care about you as an individual. Its a great sales role to start your career as it has amazing training and not too pressure driven. You have complete autonomy to manage your own day and your own area.
Pros
uncapped bonus!
Cons
very germanic
Overall a very good company to work for.
They provide excellent base salary and benefits.

Good culture and values.

Very much a family feel about the company and this is reflected globally.
Its a very long time since I worked at Hilti so my review is probably irrelevant. I was paid well and given opportunities for advancement. The offices were nice and catering was provided for staff. I don't know what it's like now though.