Hightown Housing Association

Hightown Housing Association Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews
While working for Hightown I developed a lot, especially in terms of self motivating myself because the job role allowed for a lot of freedom.

I learn't what it meant to be part of a professional working environment, and presenting myself accordingly: Dressing and talking in a certain manner.
Salary need to be increased for personal assistant , the training is good , assistant support workers should all be made to be support workers as there do the same job with less pay very unfair .
Pros
Good training
Cons
Poor salary for assistant support workers
Worked there 3 month on a temp role. Worst company to work for. Positive is just the flex hours besides that nothing positive about the company. Very unfriendly and cold staff.
Lovely place to work.wonderful residents, great team
great training and incentives working for Hightown. management could be better structured. and more supportive
I like the job I am doing we do everything for the 4service users I drive the mini bus do medication personnel care washing laundry take service users on trips Doctor and Nurse and Hospital Appiontments cook meals for the service users activity’s
I have worked for HT for over 8 years as a bank worker. Although they have vastly improved their bank worker support team there is still a big divide between permanent and bank staff. And this comes from the managers. Depending on the service you work in will depend on how you are treated and they do not distinguish between bank workers who work hard and those that don't you are all labelled the same.
It is a shame because the schemes and clients are amazing they dont deserve this kind of support and staff wint stay if they are being treated this way by colleagues and managers
All the time I worked there ,there was an abundance of many courses to learn including e learning and practical skills . There was also the fun of going out with clients in the community
Amazing server users but not support from management and seniors. Their senior is a bully and very arrogant. They is no team work especially from women.
I have been working for Hightown for many years.

Been working within the Finance Department. It is a great team, many social events and wellbeing events. They really care about their staff and their wellbeing.

Pay is good and hours are standard (9-5 Monday to Friday). One thing I love about this place is that staff who excel in their work are promoted quite quickly while under achievers are managed and supported by their managers to perform.

Great L&D department, loads of training courses.
When you arrive at Hightown H.Q, you will have a list of jobs left from your manager from the day before, then out on the estates for general care taking.
The job can be stressful at times but more positive good days than bad. Shift hours suit me but you will be called in if staff numbers are low and that can mean working 15 hour shifts. There are no set break times so grabbing a bite to eat is often difficult. The service users can be challenging and sometimes it's near impossible to achieve all your daily tasks. Having a good work team is essential and overall the job is enjoyable.
Oh how can you start on that dreadful department. High turnover of staff and no clear and successful management. So much politics it's worse than being in a school. No other department seems to have any issues. Benefits aren't great either, only pro is the onsite gym and nearby shops. Finance assistant pays good but it compensates for the lack of team spirit and micromanagement you get.
Awful pay, awful management who have no idea what they are doing or how to safe guard young people. Meant to be a charity clearly it isn’t they are all about making as much money as possible.
Great people - varied roles, expanding company, care about the community and support for a diverse client group. Based in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire
I worked at Hightown for just under a year and left due to moving, Hightown supported me so much and the scheme manager at where I worked was amazing and should 100% be registered manager, all the staff are amazing and lovely to work with and support you with any questions or help you may need. The pay is good. The working shift patterns are mostly fair to a pro rota system.
I worked for this company for two years they give great training as a company but your made to feel your only good at your job because of the management supporting you. However you inrole your self on the training get yourself to the training and take part its your own skills that make you good at the job but management hate to see this they want all the glory for themselfs. There is no career progression i was told there would be but there wasn't. Alot of work and responsibilities is put on one staff member that they know are capable but they will not pay extra to this staff memeber all staff are paid the same no matter the work load put on them very unfair.

If someone doesn't show for their shift you are expected to stay on and work that shift no matter your plans or how long you have been working. Hightown the company itself isn't a bad company but the management in certain homes are the problem they seem to think they can do what ever they want.
Pros
Great training, free lunch when training
Cons
No consideration to staff, Poor management within some homes, no career progression.
I worked in one of the hardest schemes in Hightown I couldn’t wait to leave because i thought I was doing awfully loads and less appreciated the managers won’t listening and taking note on what others were doing if you want to work in a fair place Hightown won’t one for me sorry .
Pros
Cons
Long hrs people pulling out
The job looks great on paper and once you're there the company ethics etc couldn't be better. Probably the best pay in the area but the job has very high expectations expect to be on phone all day everyday as it is customer focused. However, there's a downside you are expected to work hard in between the calls, deliver all reports in timely manner, chase former tenants and send out mail shots.
So if you are prepared to work fast, deliver quick and tick all boxes you will enjoy this fast and furious pace, certainly not for the faint-hearted. If you want to work at your own pace, manage your own workload and have no pressure, then look elsewhere. Management are supportive but seem powerless when all they want is to be seen to be meeting targets for this growing company.
Pros
Free onsite gym
Cons
Workplace culture is fast and driven
Expected to work 7-8 days on the trot with 1 weekend off a month. Management not helping matters either as they are forcing changes onto SU's whether it's suited to that Scheme or not. Avoid.
Pros
Friendly staff on floor.
Cons
Expect to be there all the time.
Hightown housing is a great place to be. What sets them apart is their desire to develop their staff as much as they can. You always have a key worker who is there ready to help you with any development courses you're doing and they're always there to tell you when you're underperforming in the nicest of ways.
Old fashion mind set and systems. High expectations from staff. There is potential but nothing seems to be working right other than generating massive monies and profit.
Pros
1% annual payrise, nice head office
Cons
No flexibility, strict management, micromanagement culture, high disciplinary rate
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hightown Housing Association. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7